7.7

1. Mar 29, 2011
    I think this game is wonderful for a launch title not because of game play but because it shows off the graphical capacity of the 3ds this game looks just as good as any wii game on the market and the pre-rendered cut scenes look better than anything I have seen on the Wii, this game is more of a tech demo to show off to your friends.
  2. Apr 2, 2011
    Surpasses both SSF4 and Ridge Racer in the graphics department, Samurai Warriors is an excellent addition to the Musou series, with features that make it stand out from the rest. Unfortunately reviewers don't like using character combos and blame the games for the fact they keep mashing one button. Not the best use of 3D on the system, but some of the cutscenes will leave your mouth open.
  3. Mar 30, 2011
    As a day 1 release for the 3DS there is no better title to show off the graphics of the new system. Battles unfold over huge landscapes and your hero battles armies filled with warriors from Japan's past. The combo system along with Muso special moves are excellent to watch in 3D. In order to gain the best from this game you need to ensure that you do not play it on easy mode (buttonAs a day 1 release for the 3DS there is no better title to show off the graphics of the new system. Battles unfold over huge landscapes and your hero battles armies filled with warriors from Japan's past. The combo system along with Muso special moves are excellent to watch in 3D. In order to gain the best from this game you need to ensure that you do not play it on easy mode (button masher) as it then requires combos and good tactics to be succesful. Most "professional" reviews of this game fail to comment on the long lasting appeal of this game. I purchased this along with 4 other games (nintendogs and cats, lego star wars, SF4 and Ghost Warrior) and this is the game I have come back to play again and again. Expand
  4. Apr 5, 2011
    I've been put off trying a warriors game for a long time from awful reviews, but don't listen to them, this game is really fun and long enough I'm over 20hours in so far playing on normal (don't play on easy, it's too easy) This game has the best graphics out of the 3ds games I've played and the 3d is subtle but adds to the experience. Now you do spend a lot of your time pressing x but youI've been put off trying a warriors game for a long time from awful reviews, but don't listen to them, this game is really fun and long enough I'm over 20hours in so far playing on normal (don't play on easy, it's too easy) This game has the best graphics out of the 3ds games I've played and the 3d is subtle but adds to the experience. Now you do spend a lot of your time pressing x but you have through in the right special techniques using y otherwise you'll lose and complaining that you press x a lot is like complaining on COD that you shoot a lot. Most reviews missed out the important details of this game. You start by naming a male or female character and answering some questions that determine your type, this affects your stats as you level up but not by much. The character looks how it looks you can't customise it (my biggest disappointment with the game) however eventually you unlock a few different clothes but not enough. You will unlock the ability to use other peoples weapons but not for a long time (I haven't yet). You play through an epic story about feudal Japan fighting for different clans and what not as they struggle for supremacy. While playing you control up to 4 officers, switching between which one you play as through the touch screen and giving the rest orders through the pause menu (though you can only tell them to go somewhere or attack an enemy officer) while the computer controls your officers they have some sense but not a lot, while on a level you get lots of small missions such as defeat this officer in 1 minute and stop this officer from getting to this point. These missions generally happen at the same time, this is where the real strategy comes into place as you have to place your officers well to complete the missions. However you cannot trust a computer controlled officer to complete a mission, they just fail. This can be frustrating but I haven't found a mission that isn't achievable with the right placement of officers and determination. On the battle field there are also officers on your side that you can't control and they run round helping out a bit and generally dying. You collect items and weapons for completing missions and these can be fused together to make stronger weapons. As the weapons carry different bonuses such as bonuses to attack, defence, the range of your attacks etc. making weapons can be very fun. You can also buy horses or steal enemy officers houses which is fun but the horses don't do much. Once you have completed a mission you can replay it and change which officers you control in battle and as you progress through the game you unlock officers to use in any battle. There are just over 40 playable characters with massively varying moves which I think is fantastic. One of the highlights of the game is the musou moves these are super moves used by pressing and holding a, they look fantastic with the 3d on and are a real life saver when your getting owned by an enemy officer. The biggest downside of this game to me is there isn't enough customisation for the main character that you use in every battle and I would like to be able to give more order than just go here, attack them. The music is not memorable but it isn't bad either. The backgrounds are a bit bland but the characters look great so I don't care. Some people might think the hordes of soldiers are too easy too beat but when your fighting the officers the soldiers are just annoying and I'm glad they are easy to beat. I think this is the best launch game and plenty long with great graphics and gameplay and I can't wait to find out what happens next at each part of the story. With over 40 characters there is plenty of replay value to this game, though you probably have to complete it before you are allowed to just use any officer in any battle. The game isn't perfect but is great fun, however if I wasn't a big hack and slash fan (from golden axe way back when too phantasy star) I would give this a 7 I think as people may find the game formula too repetitive even with 40+ characters especially as you mainly use your main character. If you like hack and slashing through everything that stands in your way then get this game. Expand
  5. Apr 25, 2011
    i bought my 3ds at launch with Ridge Racer, Street Fighter, PES2011 and this game Samurai Warriors... i wasn't sure about it because of the low reviews saying it was shallow. After the first few hours of playing i was amazed! the graphics blew me away and after spending a week i had only completed the first set of missions (still a lot more to go) and i found out DLC missions via spot-passi bought my 3ds at launch with Ridge Racer, Street Fighter, PES2011 and this game Samurai Warriors... i wasn't sure about it because of the low reviews saying it was shallow. After the first few hours of playing i was amazed! the graphics blew me away and after spending a week i had only completed the first set of missions (still a lot more to go) and i found out DLC missions via spot-pass will be launched soon. I only kept this and PES2011 so far and id say this is the best launch title by far. Don't go by mainstream reviews try this game for yourself! Expand
  6. May 25, 2011
    I think it's the best in this series beside there's no online co-op. So that's sad after you've unlocked most of everything in this game. Although I had played about 70 hrs now.
  7. Aug 15, 2011
    I find this game giving the best value in game play, to date. I've been playing it for over 100 hours already. And still coming back for more fights and content.
  8. Aug 11, 2011
    This game is criminally underrated. It's a shame. Here's a link to my user review on IGN: http://boards.ign.com/nintendo_3ds_lobby/b25212/204547967/p1/?0
  9. Aug 11, 2011
    this is definitely the best launch game on the system, or maybe pilotwings
    they're both good so just get both, it will hold you off until the rest of the big games come out
  10. Oct 17, 2011
    This game is seriously underestimated. In fact, it is probably one of the best 3DS titles so far. The graphics are great. Lots of content and character development. For those interested, the history component seem to be very well researched. And some very good challenges.
  11. Sep 9, 2012
    I have always been a fan of Japanese anything. This game has not only provided a chance to experience being an actual samurai, it has also give users a chance to become one with the history. Now without a doubt, i know some people would like to have there name go down in history and this game gives that chance. Even though it might not be the history they want or it isn't real becauseI have always been a fan of Japanese anything. This game has not only provided a chance to experience being an actual samurai, it has also give users a chance to become one with the history. Now without a doubt, i know some people would like to have there name go down in history and this game gives that chance. Even though it might not be the history they want or it isn't real because it's just a game, but it's still like you are going down in history if you let you imagine wander. Expand

1. Jul 29, 2011
    Fans of hack 'n' slays and an affinity for Japan can't do anything wrong by picking up this title.
  2. Jul 19, 2011
    There could have been so much more to Samurai Warriors Chronicles…but there isn't. Unlike its source material, this game will never make history.
  3. Jun 5, 2011
    Samurai Warriors: Chronicles is, above all, a Musou. And anyone willing to play a Musou must be prepared to deal with the excessive repetition.