Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure 3DS

4.9

1. Nov 12, 2011
    A rip off game with a rip off price severely lacking in content, especially for all the money you'll have to fork out to unlock the full game. Don't buy this, it's nothing more than an overpriced, average platformer.
  2. Nov 20, 2011
    Sklanders Spyros Adventure 3DS isn't anything ground breaking really. I have been a long time Spyro fan and this game really makes you go 'wow the other spyro games are way better' which, I reckon is true. It is pretty good but lacked in content. I completed the entire game in 2 hours 32 minutes. As well as that the final boss fight wasn't hard at all just dodging then attacking for a bitSklanders Spyros Adventure 3DS isn't anything ground breaking really. I have been a long time Spyro fan and this game really makes you go 'wow the other spyro games are way better' which, I reckon is true. It is pretty good but lacked in content. I completed the entire game in 2 hours 32 minutes. As well as that the final boss fight wasn't hard at all just dodging then attacking for a bit then going through a jump course. Plus the final cut scene is pretty good. However when you beat the final boss it just resets back to where you were before the final boss 'Hectore'. ANd to 100% complete it you have to buy all the expansion packs, buy 1 skylander from each element, get all the hats, get all the radiant crystals. The actual toys you buy though only give approximately 1-4 hours of extra play (by the time you level them up) even though the developers said there would be 10-15hrs added through each toy you purchase. I also was a bit sad to see that there wasn't a "pvp" option like in the other versions. It is for younger kids as the developers say so maybe they will enjoy it more. If your planning to buy something that's content wise DO NOT get this game though. I paid $88.00 for this game and didn't feel my money's worth. (Should've spent it on Skyrim). I know this review is going back and fourth with these points and I apologise. So this is a worse version of Skylanders Spyros Adventure, and I recommend getting a Wii, Xbox360, PS3, or PC version instead because it is a lot more fun addictive and more content. Expand
  3. Dec 26, 2011
    Timed played: 25 hours
    Version: 3DS
    Characters: 20+ Expansions: 2 (Darklight Crypt & Pirate Seas) [Abstract Review] Pros: Awesome and addicting physical toys collection setup. Sharing/Showing off your collection with friends. Upgrading and leveling stays with your toy between console and handheld versions. Cons: Price to get the full experience can get steep. Depth and joy of in-game
    Timed played: 25 hours
    Version: 3DS
    Characters: 20+
    Expansions: 2 (Darklight Crypt & Pirate Seas)

[Abstract Review] Pros: Awesome and addicting physical toys collection setup. Sharing/Showing off your collection with friends. Upgrading and leveling stays with your toy between console and handheld versions. Cons: Price to get the full experience can get steep. Depth and joy of in-game experience is in the eyes of the player/collector. Not for the hardcore gamer (only for hardcore collectors).
    Other: Console versions offer more play options. Consider the handheld version of SSA for on the go play when away from the console.

Collectors Point of View: Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure (SSA) is brilliant in its marketing setup. You must collect ( and pay for) enough additional product to experience 100% of SSA. If money is not an issue, then SSA will serve to those collectors who love the task of finding each toy and expansion pack to add to their collection. I have had a blast picking up each new character and pack, placing them on the portal for the first time to watch the come to life, leveling each up, and then sharing and trading with friends in the community. Sharing and trading Skylanders with friends is potentially the strongest single positive lasting experience SSA adopters will benefit from a large and committed investment. Sharing or exchanging the Skylanders will increase the replayability and fun, so collecting is the second strongest design product which is only as strong and entertaining as the player's wallet is strong. If you are hoping to get everything, plan on paying well for it. PennyProblematics: Are you saving up for SSA? Individual Skylander retails at approximately 10 USD. 3-pack Skylanders @ 20-30 USD. 2 Adventure Packs @ 20-30 USD ea. With 30+ Skylanders to collect = 200-300+ USD additional cost after the 59.99 initially spent on the starter pack. Think of SSA as a money pit. For some, the large investment will produce less than desirable returns, but for others, money is a means to collect everything, and paying extra,to get the full experience, is not an issue.

SSA is overpriced, we get it. I've paid over 300 USD, but it's for the love of collecting. SSA's value is more 30-40 USD, and each of the Skylanders are 5 USD. That might have helped to usher the package along to greater critical success. SSA is a two part experience. The virtual gameplay serves well to supplement the collection of each toy and expansion. Enjoy collecting!

I enjoy the overall experience of Skylanders. Collection is the heaviest price players will pay, and the gameplay

1. Jan 4, 2012
    Whether you've been an Spyro fan from the beginning or are just looking for a good jump'n'run for Nintendos 3DS, you can't go wrong with Skylanders: Spyro┬┤s Adventure.
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    Dec 7, 2011
    Almost as surprisingly great as the Wii version, so worth the money. [Dec 2011, p.72]
  3. Nov 18, 2011
    Skylanders is a fun game, and it does have it's challenging moments. Aside from Hektore pursuing you after getting a crystal and the ice world being a pain, I'm a little disappointed that there's no multiplayer in the 3DS version unless I'm really just missing it. Still, it is one I recommend if you like a good platformer. Just be prepared to spend some money if you plan to unlock everything.