Sonic: Lost World 3DS

6.5

1. Dec 4, 2013
    Sonic Lost World for the 3DS was an amazing to me and I'm here to show my reasons why.
    To start this is Sonic's first fully 3D handheld game which already makes it different from the rest.
    One of the new features is Sonic's parkour ability which in my opinion works better than the Wii U version. I love that they brought back the spindash from the adventure series,the spindash had to
    I love that they brought back the spindash from the adventure series,the spindash had to charge up and although it doesn't turn well you can still use it to get past certain areas with ease.Another thing i must mention is that the boss battles of this game...are simply amazing!!! better than the Wii U version.
    The story and cutscenes are the same as the Wii U version but of course he graphics are lowered to make sure it runs smoothly.I love the return of the old elemental shields not to mention the wisps work pretty well to.Sonic is very slippery at times and the special stages are just plain awful. some puzzles are very slow and take a while. This isn't a full review but I give this game an 8 out of 10.
  2. Nov 4, 2013
    This game brings Sonic back, Is one of the sharpest looking games on the 3DS, and yes, it's awesome.
    The blue guy has been through a lot of hate in the past years, but I really think this time he finally made it.
    I totally recommend this game, and would ignore critics from people who haven't even tried it yet.
  3. Oct 29, 2013
    Seriously, this game is just awesome. Considering 3DS limits, it looks GREAT and runs smoothly. Controls are the best of a 3D Sonic game since Adventure (better even!). And levels are the longest I've played in a Sonic game ever (more than Wii U's version) and have a lot of new good ideas and variety.

For me is a 10. But if you think 10 is just too much, at least I think it should get better mark than Generations from 3DS, which was very disappointing compared to its major version. And this time this hasn't happened (and it is even said to be better in this case).
  4. Oct 30, 2013
    Sonic Lost World features stunning visuals, solid stage designs, and decent music. There is a wealth of amazing content that rivals the best of any 3D Sonic to date, and a lot of variety. Unfortunately, the game is brutally difficult to a degree that will shock even longtime fans, and skilled play requires total mastery of its exceedingly complicated new control scheme. In addition, lameSonic Lost World features stunning visuals, solid stage designs, and decent music. There is a wealth of amazing content that rivals the best of any 3D Sonic to date, and a lot of variety. Unfortunately, the game is brutally difficult to a degree that will shock even longtime fans, and skilled play requires total mastery of its exceedingly complicated new control scheme. In addition, lame combat and tedious puzzles are used for filler. As such, the appeal is limited. Expand
  5. Oct 30, 2013
    The graphics are some of the best on the system. The controls are incredible especially with the ability to change Sonic's speed at the touch of a button. Level design is great and the stages take longer than previous sonic game levels and zones. Highly recommend this!
  6. Oct 31, 2013
    I like this game. The sonic haters only excuse is "OMG SANIC IZ TOO SLOWWW" people call this a galaxy rip off, but sega came up with the galaxy like gameplay first. Face it hater retards. This game rocks
  7. Nov 13, 2013
    Sonic Lost World For 3DS Is Amazing And Is A Worthy Handheld Partner For The Wii U Version Of Sonic Lost World
    + Awesome 3D Levels
    + Catchy Music
    + Cool Multiplayer

- Camera Angle Not That Good
  8. Jan 28, 2015
    This game is very good. It is not ambitious like Sonic Team games, but it´s just "simple and fun". The story is not very good, but music, graphics and gameplay are very well done. A very good platform game :)
  9. Jun 27, 2014
    Sonic Lost World goes far outside the normal comfort area of sonic games, and because of that it succeeds. Instead of feeling like a straight up racing game, it adds really fun and creative platforming. Some of the power-ups also help to create a fun and unique experience.

I'll be the one to admit though, it's not for everyone. If you enjoy the boosting modern sonic games, this may not be up your alley. Sonic is considerably slower than any recent game. Not that it ruins the game, but some people may be turned away from it.

Another obvious thing is that you have to be into platformer games. If you're more of a first person shooter kind of person, this will not be fun for you. And if you want a serious and dark story, this will also not be for you. Sonic is meant to just be a fun, family friendly, platforming adventure.

For what it aims to be, Sonic Lost World is fantastic. The reviews for any Sonic game will always be lower, because the fanbase is so split on every decision. But if you don't mind the few things I said above, then this game will be fantastic for you. I'd recommend it any day.
  10. Jan 14, 2014
    HOW IS GENERATIONS RATED HIGHER THAN THIS? People dismiss this game as a ripoff of Galaxy just because of its 3D. Seriously? Plus, there's online play for up to 4 players. Also, the Deadly 6 aren't ALL that bad. While there's Zazz (GONNA BEAT YA LIKE A DRUM!) and Mister Pudgy, everyone else is OK.
  11. Jul 22, 2014
    I don't really understand the hate on people have for this game. Some of the levels are pretty **** but there are quite a few good ones too and the game is decently long despite the last world being, more or less, taken out. All I ever hear people complain about is the damn snowball level and how it isn't platforming and its holding the game hostage or w/e, and admittedly that level reallyI don't really understand the hate on people have for this game. Some of the levels are pretty **** but there are quite a few good ones too and the game is decently long despite the last world being, more or less, taken out. All I ever hear people complain about is the damn snowball level and how it isn't platforming and its holding the game hostage or w/e, and admittedly that level really pissed me off, but it was over pretty fast. I don't get why a game like Wind Waker HD can get a 90. If people think this game is bad, that game is really bad! Literally the whole game is holding the game hostage, and the dungeons aren't even fun when you do get to em. I still haven't beaten the Wii U version of Lost World, but that one is much better despite forcing you to use the stupid tablet as a controller. Expand
  12. Jan 29, 2015
    I found this game okay. I like to think of this game as mountain. When its at it peak its truly top tier but when you at the base it does stink. The game very solid in it controls and content categories but some of the design choices of this game are bad like having to kill enemies that take forever to defeat to progress or confusion level design in certain 2D levels.

For controls if

For controls if you love Lost world wiiu controls and handling you might hate this, but if you hate wiiu version Lost world you might love this. The wiiu version handling is off compared to pervious sonic titles. This game learning curve is easier and more adaptable but I understand through fan response some enjoy the "skill = reward" rather then " a skill is a tool to access the reward ". You may target enemies you didn't intend to attack but for the most part the game is solid except for gyro controls.

For level design it does vary in quality. Most of the bad levels are in the middle of this game and the better one are at the beginning and ending through out your play through.

Finally multiplayer is fun but the battle mode isn't very well flesh out for the game play style. Racing is mostly fun and the levels has been alter to possibly remove areas you disliked in the main campaign. You can find a decent online base but it's populated with rage quitter.
  13. Mar 25, 2015
    The game is amazing and a lot of fun. It has a good storyline very Good zones and. Fantastic music it has good graphics but only one problem sonic doesn't run that fast but that's not much of an issue because in this game he runs faster than Sonic in sonic06. But still if Sonic ran just a bit faster this game would be awesome

1. Dec 13, 2013
    While Sonic Lost World isn’t a terrible game, I feel as though Sega missed the mark quite a bit here. The controls are very touchy and at times downright horrible, the auto-target feature can get you into trouble with the homing attack, and the novelty of the Special Stages wears off quickly.
  2. Games Master UK
    Nov 27, 2013
    Great potential squandered by unimaginative level design and cheap mechanical failings. [Christmas 2013, p.82]
  3. Nov 25, 2013
    While some infrequent instances of poor game design prevent the game from being an absolute success, it's still a very worthy entry in the Sonic franchise that can keep up with and, in some areas, even surpass its home console counterpart.