6.2

1. Nov 12, 2013
    It was great for the first Fatal frame on a 3Ds nice graphics but, by the trailer I assumed you walked in an old manor like the console games I was very disappointed by how short this game was it only took me 2 hours to beat it...
  2. Oct 20, 2013
    It uses the 3ds in an interesting way and is very unique, however because of this I found myself stuck many times because the 3ds wouldn't respond properly. And it seems that the game was a bit too short.
  3. Apr 7, 2013
    I absolutely loved this game. It's good for those of you who like a good scare, but won't give you nightmares for the rest of your life. I haven't played any of the Fatal Frame games, partly because I've seen gameplay, and it looks even freakier than spirit camera, and partly because I have no PS2. If you want to get into horror games and haven't played any yet, this is a good starter. Now, don't get me wrong, these characters do look quite realistic at first. True story- I didn't know what to expect from Spirit Camera, played the first battle, and was afraid to go to the bathroom at night. The, I played it about 6 months later, and knew what to expect. Before playing the game, check out the characters on the official website. That should give you a sense of what to expect. It's a shame they don't show the woman in black, though, and some of the diary pages are missing on the site. Oh well, what can you do? The game may be short, but once you complete it, you get a lot of extra cool stuff. Also, you can play the game again with Maya in a different (VERY different) outfit. It only took my 3 days to finish after my little (or big) break, so it's short. The creepiest battle may have been Shiori's... that creeped me out for like one night but then I was fine, and I forgot about my fears of her and came to love her. Over all, I give this game a 10 (I'd give it a 100 if I could). Expand
  4. Jan 28, 2013
    Well this had alot mixed reviews and all boils down to fact the game use AR function on 3DS for everything in the game. it also use a special AR purple book that comes with the game. The game uses a16 page purple book to pull you into a different dimension of story telling. And that a great thing! it also use gyro scope in 3DS so you will turning around 360 degree exploring your own environment and spooky house that in the game that you must delve deep into. Personal i think concept is boss and fact get the purple book with game is great little extra! Game has three modes of play - Story mode, spirit camera and selection AR games that use purple book. Ive only just bought game other week for £22 pound and what Ive play Ive liked. This is spin off to fatal frame that appear on few consoles however never like this before. I haven't completed game yet as game require good amount light to play it and because AR camera on 3DS isn't most advanced camera in world. You will need to play it in the day time. Which kinda takes the scare factor down notch! but theirs few good scares and few really great ideas on show here! Graphics pretty good for what they are and the way they show in real world and fiction one is good.
    story mode last between 2 - 3 hours and then got optionally modes play around with that extend play time. There are few unlocks like AR levels, costumes, and difficult levels also extra hard mode story mode which will increase game time as fill in blanks to story so worth playing through it second time.
    I though its was great experience even though there were some design issues and fact need good lighting play game properly. But this is one few games that actual use AR function so in that respect Its good for what it does and if see it for cheap then id say take step into purple book and you may just find very unique experience that can only be found on 3DS.
  5. Jan 26, 2013
    I'm a big fan of the Project Zero/Fatal Frame series and while I don't love all of the games (I hated the second and I never found the third in stores. Shame), the games always had two unique traits: extreme japanese setting and ghost fighting. Add up some horror, some good exploration and also a story, you had a great game back in the days. But we're talking about Spirit Camera....so forget all I mentioned above because this game has NONE of all that. Spirit Camera can be considered just an application, because there's barely any game into it: no exploration, no story (there is, but it's almost non-existant), no horror, NOTHING! The "game" is basically a bunch of small sections in which you'll interact with the small booklet, with also some ghost fighting sections. That's. It. There's literally nothing else! On top of that, the "game" doesn't even work properly on catching the booklet: I stayed in so many spots and put the booklet under almost any kind of light source in my house, yet it would still give problems on catching the right spot and when it did, it would work totally at random. Again, that's all of it: except with these few interactions with the booklet, which sometimes are scary sometimes are just boring, the "game" offers nothing else and you do the same things for 2 hours tops: that's extremely short for a "game" that costed me over 40 euros! However, I gave it 4 because...for 4 good reasons: the 4 ghost fights in the "game". Ok it's technically 5, but the first one was extremely boring, but for the other 4...Wow they are actually good and very creative, especially since you have to swap lenses and those lenses, when they are asked for, add quite the variety: those were the ONLY good parts of this "game". But again, there's nothing else to mention...ah yes, the 3d looks good, it's nice and actually works: I guess we couldn't forget that could we? What really saddens me of this "game" is that it could have be a "first person" adventure game by using the 3DS for moving you visuals and moving with the d-pad. Infact there is a part where you ACTUALLY explore another place and you ACTUALLY use the 3DS for moving your visuals! I initially thought it would be like that, but after that scene it basically turned out to be a bunch of small activities and applications, with a bunch of (good) ghost fightings, and a very bad interaction system with the booklet. If they had to made this for selling, they should have made it much cheaper, or at least add more content. It's just not worth it: get the old Fatal Frame/Project Zero games instead. They are far superior to this.... Expand
  6. Apr 16, 2012
    Terrible game, the idea of Spirit Camera: The Cursed Memoir is good, have much elements for be a winner, but what happen?, fail, this game have good graphics, good story, but terrible development, but the game is tedious and boring Spirit Camara: The Cursed Memoir is a big deception.
  7. Apr 16, 2012

1. Aug 21, 2012
    There's no shortage of ideas on display, featuring some of the best use of AR tech on the handheld to date, but ultimately the 3DS feels more like a curse for the franchise, rather than a blessing.
  2. Aug 11, 2012
    Spirit Camera is one of those games with a funny concept and that, while not resulting in the expected scale, always end up creating a certain willingness to finish the narrative presented.
    Unsatisfactory survival horror shows an interesting concept but every positive feeling is wiped out by its overall shortness and a weak presentation of augmented-reality. [Issue#220]