8.3

1. Dec 11, 2012
    Having just 100% completed this game I can say with confidence it is one of the greatest Mario games ever made and the best handheld game available on the market. It is both a homage to the old and the new, an amalgamation of 25 years of Mario and a beautifully responsive game that delivers both to new and old players.

The game starts off incredibly easy and becomes gradually more
    difficult, the special worlds for example are a challenge to complete and I've been playing Mario for 20 years and I found some of them challenging. Attaining the fabled "5 star save file" is a challenge in itself and I achieved this last night.

Oh and the game is in 3D or something but I don't care about that.
  2. Dec 12, 2012
    Awesome 3D rendition of a Super Mario Galaxy X Super Mario Bros crossover. Definetely recommended. For all ages and with different scales of difficulties for more experienced players~!
  3. Feb 21, 2013
    I was ridiculously excited for this game, even though I was disappointed to learn it would not be an open world Mario game. The 3D is amazing, and the visuals in general are extremely well done. The levels are fairly easy for the main game, and the plot is the typical Mario one. But the creativeness put into the game and the extra worlds made the game worth it for me. Some levels were ridiculously challenging, even frustrating, but the feeling of satisfaction after completing them was priceless. Albeit some extra levels felt like repeats with shadow Mario added, it took me about 25 hours to completely accomplish everything in the game. Streetpass was interesting but nothing special. The final battle with Bowser was one of the best I've ever played too! And the final bonus stage is incredible as well. A must-have. Expand
  4. Mar 27, 2013
    This is no doubt WHY you should buy a 3DS, and is the best game on the system. Every aspect of the game is fun. Just makes me anxious for a Mario Sunshine sequel on the system.
  5. Mar 29, 2013
    Super Mario 3D Land is very enjoyable and fun. The graphics are stunning and the gameplay is awsome... The 3D looks very good too but isn't perfect....
  6. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Another Mario game I seem to realize it's always the same story Bow ser kidnaps Peach like always anyway the game itself:

the levels are really small and colourful if you played the Super Mario Galaxy's some of the levels are cop yed from that game and onto this game either re-edit or made up.

it's the same you plot through levels after levels collecting these ring like things to advance through more levels.

So basic ly it's the same as you would expect from Super Mario Galaxy just with newly power ups, it's a try game for the Mario fans.

Note note; can be a bit tab of short in game play!
  7. Apr 4, 2013
    An outstanding platformer, vissually perfect with great level design.
    The 3D is the best so far on the handhelm, music is great and I found it quite challenging at the later levels.
    If you own a 3DS this is a must-title.
  8. Apr 5, 2013
    It's the last point a handheld platform game can come. It's really perfect in every aspect. I can't even imagine what will nintendo bring in their next handheld.
  9. Apr 10, 2013
    Great game with catching music, good graphics and best use of the 3D vision ever. However, the impressive number of 1-UP mushrooms given to you can make the hardcore Mario fans sad.
  10. Apr 30, 2013
    This is best of the Mario 3DS games. It has really cool power-ups, awesome levels, cool adventures, really classic 3D and lots of secrets to find and shortcuts to skip through levels. That is why I rate it 10/10. You can get the cool photos from completing the worlds and put them in your photo app.
  11. Jul 13, 2013
    This game goes under the heading of essential 3DS games to own and play. It's fantastic fun and there is a ton of things to unlock and hunting down 3 stars for every level will take a good while. The later levels are devilish, of course you have a bajillion lives but they are quite tricky. If you don't come away from the very last level cursing toads everywhere you are a super human my friend.
  12. Jul 21, 2013
    This game has a nice twist: A 3D platformer with 2D side-scrolling elements. It's a very enjoyable game, and I enjoy how they bring back the Tanooki suit after over 20 years of absence. Though it does get harder as it goes on (with a total of 16 worlds) I recommend it.
  13. Jul 18, 2012
    I've had a lot of fun with this title and surprised at how long it has lasted me given that I'm a big Mario fan and played every title to date. I thought as a handheld relatively smaller title, I might burn through it fairly fast but there is a lot more to it. You get a pretty decent array of challenges from seeking out the 3 star coins in each level, plus the alternate version of the levels once you beat the original 8 worlds, plus beating all of it with both Mario & Luigi, and I forget what else is required just to unlock the last secret world on top of everything completed above. I'm still working on it and still enjoying it, just not as much as I did at first but it's holding up well against any of my newer games. I know I'll stick with it until I manage to unlock everything and I think it is my favorite Mario game to date. -1 point for originality though. I would love to see Nintendo come out with a new IP for a change to show off all these platformer variations they come up with on a regular basis, but it works and each Mario is still fun so it's a pretty minor complaint. Expand
  14. May 29, 2012
    Without a doubt the best 3D single-player Mario game there is as of yet (3D as in not 2D [Super Mario Bros. 3, for example, is what I mean with 2D and Super Mario 64 is 3D]). It's perfect for anyone who's enjoyed any previous Super Mario games.
  15. Dec 20, 2012
    Ever since Mario's jump to 3D his games have taken in my opinion more of an adventure style approach rather than sticking completely to its roots. Temporary power ups? A life bar? Finding 8 red coins in a huge landscape? Yes it was very different from the original tittles on the nes and snes. But it was still Mario. Even still I always wondered since the beggining, why don't they make a 3D Mario with the fundamentals of the sidescroller Mario? You know what Im talking about. Levels that go from point A to point B. No lifebar. Powerups are your life source. Best of all, a flagpole at the end of each level. Super Mario 3D Land is exactly just that. Including incredible level design, great powerups and impressive replayability. This is without a doubt one of Mario's best games yet. It does have a slow start. Takes a bit of time to take of the training wheels completely. The game is very easy. Too easy for at least the first half. That is really the worst aspect of the game. Best of all its not a really bad aspect at all. Its still damn fun and impresive. Here is to a sequel with the sheer brilliance of this game with online co-op for better replayability complete with an overworld map. For the heck of it lets call it Super Mario 3D World. Make it happen Nintendo. Until then this is my favorite 3D Mario Game yet. Congratulations Nintendo. You never cease to amaze. Expand
  16. Jul 9, 2014
    Game: Super Mario 3D Land Genre: Adventure/Platformer Developer: Nintendo System: Nintendo 3DS (3DS) Total Score: 90/100 Value Score: 9.0/10 • Story: 6/10 • Characters: 9/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 10/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 7/10 • Replay Value: 8/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +Mesh of 2D and 3D elements +Great Variety in Level design and Difficulty
    +Play as Mario (and Luigi later on)
    +A lot of elements from previous Mario games such as the NES series
    +Great Sound and Music work
    +Well designed visuals

Cons
    -Some notable characters were missing such as Yoshi and the Koopa Kids
    -2nd half of game is mainly a rehash of the first half with a few differences but nothing too noticeable
  17. Jan 29, 2014
    This is honestly my favorite 3DS game. I played Super Mario 3D World before I played this and I hesitated on buying this because I wasn't blown away by 3D World and I thought that the games might be similar. Well, they are not. 3D Land is completely made with the 3D feature in mind and is just a straight up pure mario game. This is my favorite Mario game since Super Mario 64. I like 3D World and this game actually makes me appreciate it a little more, but this game just has the 'it' factor. I just like playing it. Every single level I have played (I just got to stage 8) has been a lot of fun. Not necessarily the most challenging (I have 54 lives), but very, very, fun and just an unbelievably good game for a hand held. This is definitely the best playform for this type of mario game which pulls from various influences while innovating with the 3D aspect. Expand
  18. Apr 23, 2013
    I'm going to make what many would brand a controversial statement, but here it is anyway; Super Mario 3D Land is the best handheld game ever made! And please know that I am not some gushing Nintendoist fanboy. My personal handheld weapon of choice is my PS Vita, but it's first-party masterpieces like this that stop me from ever chopping my XL in.

Indeed SM3DL exceeds (or utterly
    smashes) expectations in every single department: gameplay, graphics, animation, use of 3D, soundtrack, controls, content, level design, difficulty, variety... the list goes on and on. And on. There's even a surprise or two along the way!

I've so far ploughed more than fifty hours into this deeply accomplished and wonderfully nuanced 3D platform adventure, and I enjoyed, nay loved, every single minute. I've completed everything, found every secret, and unlocked every level, and yet, I'm still far from done with my escapades in 3D Land. A year-and-half since it's release, I still regularly find myself picking it up for twenty minutes here and half an hour there. Sometimes longer.

I said at the top of this mini review, that Super Mario 3D Land is the finest handheld game of all-time, and it is, but having now given the matter further thought, it's much more than that. It's one of the best games of all time, period. If you've never really got into handheld gaming or you're yet to play this 3DS classic, I emplore you to give it a go. If ever there's a handheld game to truly blow your socks off, it's this one.
  19. May 21, 2012
    Superb,superb,superb. This game is all nintendo fans could ask for. This game is the best 3DS game yet- and the New Super Mario Bros 2 is coming soon. That's a retro revival. Still, the return of the tanooki suit was legandary. (although lack of flying fully) Things I'm not happy about is the same levels in the special world with time limits and shadow marios and uncreative boss battles that are simpily Boom Boom and Pom Pom a couple times. Thanks for coming back for more, Mario. Expand
  20. Jun 9, 2014
    When it comes to platform games Nintendo really know what they are doing and Super Mario 3D Land is a worthy addition to the Mario franchise. Gorgeous graphics,great music, well thought out level design, and a simple but effective control system.
    While it's not my favourite 3ds game I can certainly understand that it would be a favourite game for many.
    9/10.
  21. Aug 17, 2012
    This is the best game on the 3ds. It uses 3d as an integral part of the gameplay, and it gives you a reason to crank the meter up to full. The platforming is tight and fun. The levels might seem a bit short, and the worlds only have 5-6 levels per, but it is still amazing. After the final level is beat, "Special worlds" are unlocked which double the size of the game. These levels are very challenging and fun, and you will drop a good amount of hours to finish it all. Trying to find all the star coins and beat each level with each brother will keep you coming back for more, even after you have beaten the last level. The tanooki suit is used a little to much though, and items like the new boomerang suit or even the fire flower do not show as much as one would like to add some more variety, but this is very small. Overall, this is in itself a reason to go buy a 3ds. Expand
  22. Nov 1, 2012
    Best game for any age or gamer on the 3DS unless you can't stand Mario for some odd reason. Best use of 3D out of any 3DS game. Amazing plat forming. Innovative level design. Easy enough for anyone but also plenty of challenge for more hardcore gamers. Lots of charm and great soundtrack. A must buy for any 3DS owner.
  23. Jun 24, 2014
    So much fun! So much nostalgia. Looks great and loaded with charm and challenge. StreetPass features are pretty worthless, but otherwise a great experience overall. Easily a must-own 3DS title.
  24. Aug 7, 2013
    La salvación de Nintendo 3DS fue este juego, y debo admitir, fue el mejor juego (sin incluir remakes) de Nintendo 3DS durante todo un año y para ser un juego portátil, ofrece mucho y es de muy buena calidad, se ambienta en un mundo enorme y une perfectamente la escencia de los Mario 3D y los Mario 2D.
  25. Aug 22, 2013
    I must say, Nintendo has outdone itself with this one. Super Mario 3D land is a masterpiece. It utilizes the 3DS's 3D capabilities to its full potential. Couple this with silky smooth gameplay and great music and you have one of the greatest gaming experiences on ANY Nintendo console yet. They also help new players out quite a bit as well so it can be played by rookies as well as Mario veterans. After many deaths the character has the option to get an invincibility suit, which allows enemies to be taken down with ease. If you continue to fail, the game developers allow you to skip to the goal post without any work (known as the P wing). However, to get the full spoils of the level you will have to play at a later date again. Like I said, the game is a masterpiece. It is a must own for any 3DS owner. Expand
  26. Jul 25, 2013
    Wow, I thought I was fed up with Mario titles. I thought I had grown past them. For some reason I ignored this title's existence for the 1st year owning my 3DS. What a freaking mistake! A co worker set me straight by, after a discussion about this game, lending me the cartridge for one day. Needless to say when I had to hand it back to him, I also got myself a copy immediately. I couldn't let it go anymore. The use of the 3DS's amazing 3D capabilities is simply exceptional. Level design is brilliant. Camera movements are virtually perfect. While the Mario sidescrollers have gotten old for me, this kind of title is a reminder Nintendo are still veterans of good level design and great game mechanics and can still manage a hit like is Super Mario 3D Land! Expand
  27. Sep 13, 2013
    I love this game! I can't stop playing it. Mario is better than ever. Awesome 3D graphics,loads of levels,and best of all,endless fun. The new power-ups,like the Super Leaf and boomerang suit,are really awesome and helps a lot in this game. I wonder if there will be Super Mario 3D Land 2....
  28. Jul 28, 2013
    Great game, gameplay, "story", 3D design... The only downside to this game is that you have to beat every world at least 3 times to get all the badges, which becomes boring after a while
  29. Aug 3, 2013
    Gameplay-9: The gameplay is great and the action and exploration is fun every time, the difficulty of the levels can fluctuate a bit though.
    Length-10: This game has 16 huge worlds with lots of star medals to collect and you can always challenge your speed, very nice and lengthy game, especially for a handheld
    Sound-9: The sound is amazing, and sounds very well orchestrated. The reason
    it gets a 9 is because, the music isn't quite as driving or epic as some other games, but overall very good
    Graphics-10. Very smooth detailed graphics, especially for a handheld.
    Fun-9: This game is great, it is really enjoyable looking for ways to find and solve ways to get medals, its almost as if they mixed in elements of the puzzle genre, without the frustration of having a nearly impossible puzzles.
    Overall: 9.4 Amazing
  30. Aug 4, 2013
    The first game for the 3DS to really make the 3D essential. Really good graphics with great gameplay and feel of 3D Mario Games. There is not a lot of bad things to say about this game. In general everything is great. It can be frustrating at times, but just like with the majority of Mario games, it gets frustrating because of you, not because of the game. Fortunately, or maybe in this case unfortunately, the instances where it gets frustrating are not very many because this is a very easy game. Some of the stages later on can get a bit tougher, but even with extra content unlocked, this game lasted me about 22 hours.

+ Great visuals and 3D
    + Fun Gameplay
    + Easy to play on the go
    + Classic Mario greatness

- Very short game

Despite the game being short, this is still a 10 using this rating system.

A MUST HAVE for every 3DS owner.
  31. Aug 16, 2013
    Easily one of the best Mario games ever and my favorite 3DS game (it's like Super Mario Galaxy mixed with New Super Mario Bros.) if you own a 3DS do yourself a favor and buy it trust me you won't be disappointed.
  32. Sep 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. after all of these years most mario games on handhelds have been in 2D sidescroling. but then nintendo ended this streak with super mario 3D land on the 3DS. The first original 3D super mario game on a handheld console. The game looks great in graphics, the 3D effect sometimes helps you play the game, everything just feels better with the 3D on. the gameplay is like a mixture of super mario 64, super mario galaxy, and new super mario bros, it's a 3D mario game that plays like a 2D mario game, so you walk through levels like super mario 64 or galaxy and end the level by touching the flagpole, no looking for shine sprites or power stars to finish the level, nope you just touch the flagpole, I really like this blend of gameplay and think that it really works well. This game also brings back the tanooki suit from super mario bros 3, and I really like that they brought a classic power up into a 3D world. the 3D effect has two levels, pop out 3D where the images look like they're popping off the screen, and depth 3D the images look like you're looking at them from a window. the 3D helps you with the game because there are some puzzles that can only be solved if the 3D effect is on, the illusions like a bunch of boxes and one box is far away but looks like it's with all of the other boxes. These illusions were very cool and it really made the game a lot better. just like the other mario games, the story is simple, Princess peach has been kidnapped by bowser and mario has to save her. There are 8 worlds and 8 special worlds that get unlocked after completing the main game. you also can hunt down star coins which are hidden in levels to unlock more levels in the special worlds, this adds a lot of replay value to the game. the star coins aren't just used to unlock levels in the special worlds, they also unlock castles in world 5 and world 8. by the way, let's talk about the bosses, in castles world 5 and 8 you fight bowser, and the rest of the worlds have starships just like super mario bros 3, and the boss of the starships is some guy who just spins around untill he gets dizzy. all in all this is a great mario game and is a must have for all 3DS owners, it's not as good as good as the super mario galaxy games but it's pretty close. Expand
  33. Sep 22, 2013
    excelente juego completamente en 3D, muy entretenido y adictivo, ademas es de bastante duracion porque cuando terminas el juego con Mario puedes jugar 8 mundos especiales con Luigi y son mucho mas dificiles, de los mejores juegos de Nintendo 3DS
  34. Oct 19, 2013
    This game is good as frick. All the people that complain about this game are idiots who bash this game for being different from previous 3D Super Mario titles. This game combines characteristics of the original four 2D platforming Super Mario titles (Super Mario Bros., Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels, Super Mario Bros. 3, and Super Mario World) with the more recent 3D platforming Mario titles (Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2). The turnout, one may be asking? The turnout is the perfect blend of everything a true Mario fan could possibly adore about the series over the years, and more. The Tanooki Suit returns from Super Mario Bros. 3, with our the ability to fly and transform into a statue unlike SMB3, but still retains the ability to glide and tail-whip enemies and objects. Also, you transform into Tanooki Mario by touching the Super Leat instead of touching the Tanooki icon. Plus, there's a variation of the Tanooki Suit that adds the ability to transform into a statue. There are also other power-ups, such as the classic Super Mushroom and Fire Flower, the new Boomerang Flower based off of Boomerang Bros. and inspired by the Hammer Bros. Suit from SMB3, the White Tanooki Suit, granting Mario invincibility, and the P-Wing, returning from SMB3. It functions differently from SMB3, though, as it transports Mario to the goal this time around. There are 16 worlds in total, including 8 worlds in the main story campaign, and 8 special worlds, making 96 courses in total. Luigi is unlockable after beating Special World 1's castle level. The gameplay itself contains levels that are much more linear than previous 3D Mario titles, distinguishing it from the rest. Mario's health system functions like the 2D Mario titles, as you shrink or lose a power-up every time you take damage. The levels are designed like the 2D Mario games, focused more on platforming than exploration, unlike previous Mario titles. The game takes perfect use of the 3DS's capabilities, as the 3D effect really makes this game look appealing to the eye, and helps in sections involving puzzles where 3D comes in handy to help the player reach the Comet Medal, and the gyroscope is taken advantage of in areas where you must look through binoculars or shoot Mario out of a cannon, and the touch screen is used to use stored power-up items. The game is somewhat weak story-wise, but who cares? This is a Mario platformer, not a Mario RPG. The game has a high amount of replay value, encouraging players to 100% complete the game (including gold flagpoles on each level and to collect all Comet Medals, which I did) to unlock a final level that test players' skills known as Special World 8-Crown (which I completed). The music has quite memorable jazz music (which reminds me of 1950's big band music), as well as other memorable tracks, including remixed tracks from previous games in the Mario series. There is even a Streetpass feature, including the exchanging of others' bonus games (where you must collect every coin and Comet Medal in the room before time runs out) and others' time records (encourages speed runs). My main complaints about this game are that the main story campaign is too easy (not counting the Special Worlds), the boss battles are repetitive (only 3 boss characters, alternating in each world), there is no hub world, it's somewhat nostalgia-reliant, and the linearity makes this game inferior to the other 3D Mario titles. Nonetheless, this is the first handheld-exclusive 3D Mario title, and it is quite a fantastic Mario title overall. Overall, I give this game a 9.4 out of 10, which when rounded up to the nearest whole number, is a 9 out of 10. I highly recommend this game to any 3DS owner, and any fan of Mario or the platforming genre. Expand
  35. Nov 16, 2013
    This is the most perfect... thing to come out of Nintendo's unoriginal mind. If you got this packaged with the red 3DS, good for you, that was the wisest purchase of your life. Though, yes there is little new power-ups, that doesn't stop this game from exploding your thumbs from not having an awesomeness shield. I would write more, if i wasn't too lazy.
  36. Nov 27, 2013
    A nice first experience for Mario's first dive into the latest handheld. The gameplay is unique and fun, the 3D works wonders, and the atmosphere is very Mario-like.
  37. Dec 29, 2013
    This is probably tied with A Link Between Worlds as the best game for the 3DS. When I saw the new game, I thought, "Gee, another Mario game, but in 3D! This is ridiculous." But then I got it for Christmas, and I didn't know that I played it till 10:00 p.m. until I bothered to look at the clock. This game demonstrates the 3DS's capabilities, and Nintendo made it with great care. This game is loads of fun and will hook you instantly, with levels that remind me of a cross between Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario World. It's fun, fast, and beautiful. The world is seamless and the music is great. This is a console seller. Expand
  38. Jan 4, 2014
    This game is one of the best games out there for the 3DS, hands down. Although there is a bit of a problem with the level-skipping Invincibility Leaf, it can easily be overlooked you can continue to play the game without having to resort to it. Difficulty aside, I would really recommend this game for anyone who enjoys a good platformer.
  39. Jan 5, 2014
    when I was a young kid I felt nintendo should release a super mario game each year. It could just have the Super Mario World engine with new levels, and it would still be an outstanding game.

By 'outstanding I don't mean 'the ultimate gaming experience' that was Super Mario 64. Super mario 3D land is an outstanding game and you will have lots of fun playing all levels and collecting
    star coins, as it is real fun to revisit levels to get them.

It is the best game to take the advantage of the 3D, since the effect is somewhat required to play some levels better, which makes you proud to have a nintendo 3DS.

What I don't like about this Super Mario 3D Land is it praises too much the older marios, dedicating whole levels to remember you how awesome Mario 3 was. Ok Nintendo we get it: old school games are awesome and you we should (re)play them, but you don't have to bother us about it all that much.

I also feel the 'powerups' are a bit underused, with little to no real meaning in the game level design-wise.

The first half of the game is way too easy. I know about 'entry level barrier' and I feel it every time I present this game to a non gamer. But after world 4-5 or something it should get a bit tougher, and when the game is at its peak with their hardest levels presented there should me more and hardest levels, for the ones who really want a challenge, which ultimately isn't there.

The 'tanooki of shame', given if you die too much in a level doesn't help either, since I believe a player should learn and get better at the game to beat a level, and not being spoiled by it.

Lastly, the world map is just a straight line of levels; an element of the game that could be more elaborated and explored.

Definetly one of the best 3ds titles, though I feel nintendo could have done a bit more in this game; maybe they are saving it for the new super mario on Wii U.
  40. Jan 8, 2014
    One of the best games on the 3DS hands down. 3D Land has so far the best visuals on the 3DS, the game looks that impressive. Great level design, great music, a fun climax. This is pretty much what a 3D Mario game should be on a handheld.
  41. Apr 10, 2014
    Always been a bit skeptical when it comes to 3D Mario games, Super Mario 64 is a game that I honestly never totally enjoyed, Super Mario Sunshine was a pain, but the galaxy series was fun but a bit long for my liking Super Mario 3D Land however is a very enjoyable, the level design is superb for every level, & I love the music, one thing that could have been improved is the control, it's not as bad as say Sonic 06, uhh, but the game has sometimes annoying 8-way directional control that allows you to go in one & only one direction which is disappointing when using the circle pad, sometimes I'll push one direction, especially in 2D sections, but due to only being allowed to use the circle pad, I could find myself going in a different direction than I intended, causing me to fall from the platforms to the deep pits below, it's a nit-pick as this hardly ever happens to me, but on those few occasions it was irritating! Expand
  42. Mar 4, 2014
    Just another Mario game. There isn't much new brought to this game, however what Nintendo have brought is their usual high standards and quality. If I managed to find a single fault its that its too easy to begin with, of course you do have to remember that this is essentially a children game, and near the end it does become challenging,

It is an essential game for the 3Ds that provides
    a rich world, populated with puzzles and interesting characters and some frustrating challenges.. Expand
  43. Mar 18, 2014
    Mario has definitely come a long way on handhelds, and this is proof of that. This game is the best handheld mario experience to date, and will hopefully get even better. The game has incredible level design only matched on the console versions of mario, such as Galaxy and 3D World.
    Pros; -Level design (It has the best level design on any handheld mario game, and is almost perfect)
    Presentation (The game boasts very vivid and eye-pleasing colors, and the 3D is great)
    - Replay Value (This is a game that you will want to play many times while waiting for something, like the bus)
    Cons; - Difficulty (The game can be very easy once you get the jist of the game)
    - Content (It took me 28 hours to 100% the game, and has been done in much less time by others)
    Overall, the game is the best handheld mario game on the market, and it's almost obligatory to own this game. If you don't already have it, do yourself a favor and buy this unique handheld mario game that will hopefully pave the way for future mario releases.
  44. Mar 29, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I very much enjoyed Super Mario 3D Land, it was very fun. I really liked the formula they introduced in this game, it was creative because it combined elements from both the 2d Mario games and the 3d Mario games; Think Super Mario Bros. 3 combined with New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy. It was very enjoyable in this style, however I think this is unfortunately one of the easiest Mario games out there, luckily the levels the bonus worlds are harder, but I kind of wish we had more of a challenge in the regular levels. Super Mario 3D Land is very fun and very enjoyable, it's a must have for the 3DS and I can't wait to play it' sequel, Super Mario 3D World, once I get myself a Wii U. Expand
  45. Apr 16, 2014
    Really good game. It combines the 3d platforming of 64 and the linear worlds and levels of bros and creates a great game. The music is good and the level design is genius. The extra worlds can have you playing till you get every star coin.
  46. Apr 29, 2014
    There's no question – if you own a 3DS, this is the best game on the platform, and instantly worthy of a purchase. It's one of the best portable platformers I've ever played graphics spot and and the 3d effects are amazing
  47. May 13, 2014
    I haven't played any Mario games since I was really little and I haven't owned any Nintendo systems for like 12 years, I bought a Nintendo 3DS XL for my upcoming 21st birthday and got Super Mario 3D Land to go with it. First thing nostalgic rush it's exactly how I remember it when I played it as a little kid, even better! This game is very fun to play and with 3D Land opens up a whole new world (literally :P) to explore, the 3D graphics are awesome. But I found this game to be very challenging it's not a bad thing just surprising so be ready for a challenge. And the replayability is good, after you finish a stage there is always something I missed (time clock) and it's fun to collect more coins and go through the same stage and find secrets and the rest of the tokens.

I highly recommend Super Mario 3D Land.
  48. May 24, 2014
    This is why I have a 3ds this why I love Mario great graphics great design I give this a ten and love how great this is and how detailed this is get this Now
  49. Aug 14, 2014
    It's like.. Mario's blessings on the new console.
    Thanks Mario for staying true to your fans and being the greatest platform character ever.
    the game is simply beautiful.
  50. Aug 3, 2014
    This IS THE BEST GAME EVER!!! How can humans be capable of such grand endeavors. They have to be wizards. With such flawless design and impeccable timing it's almost heavenly. A true god send. If you hate Mario games get it.

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Mario is back! In a classic Mario-fashion you jump your way througheight worlds, where you battle goombas, koopas and the main meaniehimself, Bowser. This game is never particularly difficult, butgradually advanced to a challenge that feels just perfect. Fun, varied and guaranteed to make you smile.
    Lifesaver for all Nintendo 3DS owners. Super Mario 3D Land delivers flawless design and perfect use of 3D effects during the whole game. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 11, 2012
    The Nintendo 3DS has had a slow start, but I feel this marks one of the first important games to come out on this system. I can't say it's a must buy, but is really close for those who have already picked up a 3DS. The amount of content in this game along with the varying degree of gameplay makes this one of the best Mario games I've played in a while.