8.3

1. Dec 29, 2011
    Very enjoyable and one of the best reasons to a 3DS, everyone needs to own this game. The 3D in the game is by far the best 3D done on the system so far and it really shows what the system can do with a good 3D game. The levels are enjoyable as well as plentiful and it'll keep your attention for days. If you own the 3DS, then you most likely already own this game since it's probably theVery enjoyable and one of the best reasons to a 3DS, everyone needs to own this game. The 3D in the game is by far the best 3D done on the system so far and it really shows what the system can do with a good 3D game. The levels are enjoyable as well as plentiful and it'll keep your attention for days. If you own the 3DS, then you most likely already own this game since it's probably the best original game to date. For others, this is the game that'll show off the true 3D capability the system can offer, unlike 90% of the rest of the games out there. Buy this game if you haven't already and you'll love it to death. Expand
  2. Nov 13, 2011
    Super Mario 3D Land delivers a awesome 3D experience with great game play we expect from Mario. Everything is top notch for a portable experience and I can't put it down. I can't give it a 9.7 on here, so it's rounded up to 10. Buy it!
  3. Nov 13, 2011
    This is one of my new favorite 3DS games it uses all the 3D technology and it is worth 40 bucks on release.Tho it is slow in the beginning and then picks up. I still would not rate this game low it is a must have if you own a 3DS. Especially for the holidays it is a great gift.
  4. Dec 10, 2011
    One of the best platform games in general. Amazing gameplay, great 3D, you just can not get away. If you have 3DS this is your must have, and if you do not have - Buy the bundle pack.
  5. Nov 6, 2012
    Super Mario 3D Land delivers in showing what the 3DS is capable of. This game couldn't been done in any other console, cause it takes perfect advantage of the 3D capabilities of the new Nintendo handheld.

The levels are not open, and the camera cannot be changed, but that's the perfect design choice, so the 3D effects the development team has prepared to amaze us are in full power. And they're magnificent!

Graphically speaking is really a great game, with a deep variety of worlds and levels. The first worlds are not that difficult but this game is challenging in the last 8 worlds! Also if you want to get all the star coins and the golden poles (with both Mario and Luigi) you better be prepared to lose a lot of lives (and be prepared to a good surprise if you do so).

In summary: a must have for the 3DS and a very unique Mario game that keeps being faithful to the 3D Mario roots and at the same time innovates.
  6. Jan 29, 2014
    This is honestly my favorite 3DS game. I played Super Mario 3D World before I played this and I hesitated on buying this because I wasn't blown away by 3D World and I thought that the games might be similar. Well, they are not. 3D Land is completely made with the 3D feature in mind and is just a straight up pure mario game. This is my favorite Mario game since Super Mario 64. I like 3DThis is honestly my favorite 3DS game. I played Super Mario 3D World before I played this and I hesitated on buying this because I wasn't blown away by 3D World and I thought that the games might be similar. Well, they are not. 3D Land is completely made with the 3D feature in mind and is just a straight up pure mario game. This is my favorite Mario game since Super Mario 64. I like 3D World and this game actually makes me appreciate it a little more, but this game just has the 'it' factor. I just like playing it. Every single level I have played (I just got to stage 8) has been a lot of fun. Not necessarily the most challenging (I have 54 lives), but very, very, fun and just an unbelievably good game for a hand held. This is definitely the best playform for this type of mario game which pulls from various influences while innovating with the 3D aspect. Expand
  7. Jul 12, 2012
    Presentation in this game gets 9.5, Music is Beautiful, being the first Mario in 3DS sets game a standard in graphics like Nintendo always did, 3D effect was used nice, but for the most parts it was just to add more "colors", the "Real" 3D effect showing why it is needed is only used in some locations scattered throughout the levels, that is why I have taken out half. But Gameplay wasPresentation in this game gets 9.5, Music is Beautiful, being the first Mario in 3DS sets game a standard in graphics like Nintendo always did, 3D effect was used nice, but for the most parts it was just to add more "colors", the "Real" 3D effect showing why it is needed is only used in some locations scattered throughout the levels, that is why I have taken out half. But Gameplay was 10/10, It was a combination of classical Mario Bros. 2D platformers and Super Mario Galaxy's 3D platforming. There is no turning camera in this game but Nintendo put camera on most comfortable places so You won't ever lose yourself. If you haven's played this game or only on its first half (Those who completed the game will know what I mean) the story mode itself is easy, the real chalenge comes after. Expand
  8. Jul 13, 2013
    This game goes under the heading of essential 3DS games to own and play. It's fantastic fun and there is a ton of things to unlock and hunting down 3 stars for every level will take a good while. The later levels are devilish, of course you have a bajillion lives but they are quite tricky. If you don't come away from the very last level cursing toads everywhere you are a super human my friend.
  9. Jul 21, 2013
    This game has a nice twist: A 3D platformer with 2D side-scrolling elements. It's a very enjoyable game, and I enjoy how they bring back the Tanooki suit after over 20 years of absence. Though it does get harder as it goes on (with a total of 16 worlds) I recommend it.
  10. Feb 13, 2015
    Best handheld game ever! This game is awesome. The graphics are great. The level designs are well done. The special worlds are fun. The controls are perfect. Super Mario 3D Land is an amazing game and it is a must buy for 3DS owners.
  11. Feb 19, 2015
    The first ever 3DS game I got back in 2011, this is one of the BEST Mario games out there. The special worlds are fun, but some levels are hard as hell. I just friggin loved the 3D Graphics and I totally recommend you buy this game.To me, I treated this game as a sequal to Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 because I beat those 2 games 100%. This game is a must have even if you are a casual gamer. TheThe first ever 3DS game I got back in 2011, this is one of the BEST Mario games out there. The special worlds are fun, but some levels are hard as hell. I just friggin loved the 3D Graphics and I totally recommend you buy this game.To me, I treated this game as a sequal to Super Mario Galaxy 1/2 because I beat those 2 games 100%. This game is a must have even if you are a casual gamer. The best handheld game that is Mario 3D. Expand
  12. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is everything I expected and more. I just beat the first 5 worlds and they were great. The graphics, first off, are downright stunning. I know it's only Mario, and the gameplay is way better than the graphics, but I must say, they are the best graphics on the system. The controls are also very good. I have almost no problem with the controls. Maybe once in awhile I fall off of aThis game is everything I expected and more. I just beat the first 5 worlds and they were great. The graphics, first off, are downright stunning. I know it's only Mario, and the gameplay is way better than the graphics, but I must say, they are the best graphics on the system. The controls are also very good. I have almost no problem with the controls. Maybe once in awhile I fall off of a ledge, but it's extremely insignificant. Nintendo is the best at making a game that fits a system perfectly. The 3D is also very good and pops but is a very important component of the experience. It helps with positioning tremendously. The levels are incredibly creative, the controls are nearly perfect and this game is the perfect hybrid of classic Mario and Mario 64. It's also like the perfect hybrid of super Mario 3 and super Mario galaxy. I'm in love with this game. Score: 9.5/10 but since we can only do integers, I gave it a 10. Expand
  13. Mar 7, 2012
    The Absolute best Mario I have played in years and the best platformer at that. The begining levels are easy enouph to let you get the hang of it, but is easily made up for by the challenge of the special levels, the graphics look very well and polished like Nintendo quality
    Great game everyone should own
  14. Nov 20, 2011
    This game starts out a little slowly, with the first 4 worlds being nothing short of simple. But after the slow start, it becomes a great classic mario experience. I have loved my experience with the game so far, and the Special World levels are some of the most challenging Mario levels since Lost World. The 3D is used very well, and anyone playing with the 3D off is missing out on someThis game starts out a little slowly, with the first 4 worlds being nothing short of simple. But after the slow start, it becomes a great classic mario experience. I have loved my experience with the game so far, and the Special World levels are some of the most challenging Mario levels since Lost World. The 3D is used very well, and anyone playing with the 3D off is missing out on some very nice visuals that tie into the levels excellently.

This is the first 'original' 3DS title that matters, and is a MUST BUY if you own a 3DS system.
  15. Nov 13, 2011
    The first 3DS game that actually benefits from the 3D... because there is actual depth perception involved, you'll be able to get a much better feel of how far a particular jump is.

The game also benefits from the lessons learned from the special levels in Super Mario Sunshine and virtually all the levels found in Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2. Controls are precise, the gameplay is fun... about the only complaint I have is that controlling Mario feels a bit more sluggish than it does in Mario Galaxy, even though I've gotten used to it by this point in the game.

Surely as one of the first original and truly "great" games for the 3DS, this game alone will move a LOT of units.
  16. Nov 13, 2011
    This game is extremely fun and enjoyable. Time flies when you play this. It just shows how incredible the Mario series is. These are beautiful graphics for the 3ds, and the 3d effects look stellar. This game may not be as innovative as the Super Mario Galaxy series, but it is just as fun. It should be noted that the game starts off easy and gets harder and harder. After world 8, theThis game is extremely fun and enjoyable. Time flies when you play this. It just shows how incredible the Mario series is. These are beautiful graphics for the 3ds, and the 3d effects look stellar. This game may not be as innovative as the Super Mario Galaxy series, but it is just as fun. It should be noted that the game starts off easy and gets harder and harder. After world 8, the true challenge begins with the remixed worlds. In short, this is easily the best game on the 3ds, along with the OoT remake. Get this NOW! Expand
  17. Nov 21, 2011
    Out of Ocarina of Time, Mariokart, and Dead or Alive this game is a must have for the 3DS system. Everybody from my family from my son, brother, gf, and nephew keep having to fight over the 3ds to play the game. The levels are throwback and the 3d is amazing on here. It starts out easy and gets hard. If u buy it won't disappoint u. Plus the big serect at end of game wink wink.
  18. Mar 24, 2012
    Super Mario 3D land is really, really good, with impressive graphics, longevity, fun game-play, catchy music and amazing 3D, it's possibly the best game on the 3DS.
  19. Dec 25, 2011
    This is one of the best games to purchase on the 3DS. Truly a must have. Delivering the best 3D experience on the system and a timeless formula of game play that breathes replay value.
  20. Apr 8, 2012
    This game is as good as Mario gets. He can hop, walk, run, roll, spin, flutter and bound through every one of the levels. The musical score is top notch, as par Mario games. 9
    The game-play is sturdy and refined, Mario fans and new players alike will love the control scheme. 10
    The graphics are beautiful. Nothing on a PSP can compare. 10 The innovation is good, but a few more classic
    The graphics are beautiful. Nothing on a PSP can compare. 10
    The innovation is good, but a few more classic power-ups are missed. 8
    9+10+10+8=9.3 -> 9.
  21. Nov 14, 2011
    Nintendo has done it again. Incredible, yet so simplistic and devilishly challenging, the level design, the controls, everything about this game is why handheld gaming must never be under appreciated, and this game is why the 3DS is 3D! Simple and seamless, not in your face, not a gimmick, but just one part of this masterfully designed game. BUY IT.
  22. Nov 14, 2011
    Great game. The 3D effect is more than eye candy here. It actually is useful to judge distances and gives a necessary depth to this platformer. There is a vast amount of content here between the main and bonus levels. A must have for all 3DS owners and those who are on the fence about owning the system.
  23. Nov 13, 2011
    Another outstanding mario game! If you like Mario 64, Galaxy 1, or Galaxy 2...I think you'll enjoy this game too. The gameplay is fun and crazy (I about pooped my pants when I first saw Bowser with a tanooki tail!). The 3D actually looks very good in this game, for once I found myself playing with it on more than off.
  24. Feb 27, 2012
    I can't stop playing this game. A perfect platform game for the first real Mario game for the 3DS. Nintendo knows how to make incredible use of the 3D and have created a genuine must have for the new system. This game is why you need a 3DS.
  25. Nov 13, 2011
    ----------------------This game is great!! Gamplay is awsome, graphics are nice for the 3DS, and levels are short but great!!!!!!!--------------------
  26. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is possibly one of the greatest Mario games ever. Great presentation with amazing graphics and catchy tunes, epic power-ups and unique levels, and even a Legend of Zelda style stage complete with a torch puzzle and the 'Puzzle Solved' sound effect. While the overall game may be amazing, its a bit on the easy side until the end of World 6. And it may be a bit short, but after you beat the main game, (Spoiler Alert!) you unlock 8 more worlds, as well as the option to play as Luigi. Super Mario 3D Land is almost the perfect handheld game, and should be picked up by everyone with a 3DS. And if you DON'T have a 3DS, go get one NOW. Mario's back, and you deserve to play this game. Expand
  27. Nov 22, 2011
    There is just something about creative level design and silky smooth controls that always makes me smile. This is the best original game on the 3DS so far and a near-perfect portable gaming experience. It doesn't quite reach the brilliance of the Super Mario Galaxy games, but when your biggest complaint about a game is that it isn't quite as good as two of the greatest games everThere is just something about creative level design and silky smooth controls that always makes me smile. This is the best original game on the 3DS so far and a near-perfect portable gaming experience. It doesn't quite reach the brilliance of the Super Mario Galaxy games, but when your biggest complaint about a game is that it isn't quite as good as two of the greatest games ever made...then that really isn't much of a complaint, now is it? Expand
  28. Nov 21, 2011
    A perfect blend of awesome and nostaglia. Every thing you love about Mario throughout the years is all in one package. You owe it to yourself to buy this incredible experince.
  29. Nov 17, 2011
    14 negative reviews? It's one thing to have your head up your ass, but this is ridiculous. This game sure isn't up to par with the Galaxy series, but does that really matter? Of course not! What IS up to par with those games? For what it is, this game is perfectly desinged for a handheld, the level desing, the controls, the soundtrack all make a great experience. Sure, it takes a while for14 negative reviews? It's one thing to have your head up your ass, but this is ridiculous. This game sure isn't up to par with the Galaxy series, but does that really matter? Of course not! What IS up to par with those games? For what it is, this game is perfectly desinged for a handheld, the level desing, the controls, the soundtrack all make a great experience. Sure, it takes a while for the game to pick up, but once it does, the game truly shines.

If you played New Super Mario Bros. DS than you have NO reason to skip this game. Super Mario 3D Land blows all the previous platforming Mario-handhelds away.
  30. Nov 17, 2011
    Great classic mario and remixed game play and music.got it this morning and can't stop playing it. Great graphics and use of 3d.easily the best game on the system get it now you won't be disappointed
  31. Nov 20, 2011
    This is definitely one of the best Mario games I've ever played. Great controls, great levels, and filled to the brim with content. Watch my review for the lowdown!

32. Feb 12, 2012
    A very great Mario platformer as always, sure, it was pretty easy but it was an excellent example of the power of the 3DS. And just when you think that the game is over there's a special world. If you think this game wasn't worth your buy, Just wait till you get to the best final boss in Platforming Mario history.
  33. Dec 26, 2011
    The Graphics Are Great, The 3D Works Really Well, And The Gameplay Is Smashin' Though The Game Seems A Little Too Easy, As I Got To World 3 In Just Under An Hour.
  34. Jan 7, 2012
    The legend itself came to show us that he can do better and better. This game is completely magical and original. The graphics are impressive and the gameplay does not leave much to be desired. All the old Mario's games lovers will adore it because it brings something old, but in the same time, give us a totally new experience. Impressive.
  35. Jan 25, 2012
    It's a bit short, but ;putting in the effort to collect all 3 star coins on every level extends the playability greatly. Awesome fun Mario platformer.
  36. Jan 29, 2012
    Super Mario 3D Land has lovely graphics, fun gameplay, and a game definitely worth buying. The fact that this game was MEANT to be played in 3D further proves my point.
  37. Feb 6, 2012
    Super Mario 3d land shows how 3d is supposed to be used on the 3ds, its easy at first but it gets harder as the game goes on, its a fun and enjoyable and a must have for the 3ds
  38. Feb 8, 2012
    This is the best game of 2011, the best Mario game since SMB 3, and a contender for best game of this console generation. A trully magical game. And Im no Mario Fanboy. I thought New super mario bros wii was boring, mario galaxy was bad, and mario sunshine was unplayable, (although I did kind of like SMG 2). The game is huge with 16 worlds. The people complaining about it being tooThis is the best game of 2011, the best Mario game since SMB 3, and a contender for best game of this console generation. A trully magical game. And Im no Mario Fanboy. I thought New super mario bros wii was boring, mario galaxy was bad, and mario sunshine was unplayable, (although I did kind of like SMG 2). The game is huge with 16 worlds. The people complaining about it being too easy are wrong, there are levels of frustrating difficulty, plus having to collect the gold rings makes each level much more challenging. The only flaws i thought were the 3D, tho excelltent, could have popped out of the screen more, and they could of introduced more game elements. There was no yoshi, no use of the gyroscope, and I would have loved a few levels that used altered reality like the AR cards do. Expand
  39. Feb 14, 2012
    More than enough reason to purchase a 3DS if you obtained one yet. An assimilating Mario experience that holds true to the latter games in the series. It makes great use of the 3D and offers great graphics for a handheld. When reading negative critique, I agree that this game isn't challenging, but that doesn't impact its fun factor. Don't neglect this title, it's definitely worth a purchase.
  40. Nov 25, 2012
    Fantastic game. If you own a 3DS you have to have this game in your collection. Simple. The only negative is the first 5 or 6 worlds are far too easy, but the worlds you unlock later make up for it. Get This Game!!!
  41. Nov 16, 2011
    MARIOOOO!!!.,,m,---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  42. Nov 22, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is not a perfect Mario game but I think it is close. It has issues of being to easy at times but makes up for that by adding extra worlds. I like the graphical style a lot and it looks great in 3D and on the 3DS. I like the power ups even if there are too few in my mind, but they choose some really good ones. The game is really fun to play and the game adds an extra level of depth to a 2D Mario Platformer by setting it in a 3D world. I think that if you own a 3DS there is a lot a reasons why you should get this game. Expand
  43. Feb 2, 2012
    Game is very good, the best level is 2-3, level makes a clin d-eye to the first Mario, Super Mario Bros. Game is certainly a bit easy, my styles of drawing sout too brilliant, and the costume of tanuki is a very good homage also to Mario.
  44. Mar 8, 2012
    This game has nothing on Rayman Origins, yet it still is extremely fun. The difficulty is very easy so kids will enjoy it yet experienced gamers and Mario veterans will want more. If you have a 3DS this is a must buy , varied, imaginative levels with cool enemies and power ups, the 3D effects are also really cool!
  45. Mar 10, 2012
    Super Mario 3D Land mixes the best of the classic and modern Mario games to create an almost perfect platforming game. Super Mario 3D land also provides a reason for many to go out and buy a 3DS system. From the start Mario 3D land is impressive, the level design is creative, the Graphics are the best that i have seen for the series and for the first time the 3D is actually useful (forSuper Mario 3D Land mixes the best of the classic and modern Mario games to create an almost perfect platforming game. Super Mario 3D land also provides a reason for many to go out and buy a 3DS system. From the start Mario 3D land is impressive, the level design is creative, the Graphics are the best that i have seen for the series and for the first time the 3D is actually useful (for solving puzzles). There are 8 worlds and 8 special worlds (which you unlock after finishing the first 8 worlds) which contain harder levels that will please hardcore Mario fans a lot. The game is amazing in many ways but there quite a few problems with it.
    1. The first 8 Worlds are really easy and that will disappoint hardcore Mario Fans.
    2. I wish there was some sort of new feature to the game like a level editor, multiplayer of some sort etc.

Overall, Nintendo have done a great job with this game and have proved that 3D gaming is not a gimmick. If you have a 3DS, buy it. If you want a reason to get a 3DS, here it is!
  46. Mar 10, 2012
    This game is a definite if you own a 3DS. When Nintendo developers say they are releasing a game that will visually present the game like no other and it will appeal to all players Nintendo always deliver. This game is packed filled with levels that will take at least 20 hours worth of gameplay which includes collectibles.
  47. Mar 25, 2013
    This game is one of my favorite Mario games of all time. The graphics are great, the 3d effect is awesome, and the gameplay is incredible. This game delivers the best of 2d platformers and 3d platformers. Definitely one of the best games for available for the 3ds.
  48. Nov 20, 2011
    By far the best handheld game ever made, it's almost as good as Galaxy 2 and has 16 worlds to beat and every minute is fun, I don't want it to end. Graphics in 3D are incredible and the first game to actually make 3D worthwhile on any system. Buy it!
  49. Nov 15, 2011
    I'll come right out and say that Super Mario 3D Land is the best 3DS game out there right now, excluding remakes. It does what it says it does: takes a little bit of old and adds a little bit of new. The first few worlds are pretty trivial and it is clear that this game is made for kids, however anyone can have fun with this game. The game picks up around world 4, not only getting moreI'll come right out and say that Super Mario 3D Land is the best 3DS game out there right now, excluding remakes. It does what it says it does: takes a little bit of old and adds a little bit of new. The first few worlds are pretty trivial and it is clear that this game is made for kids, however anyone can have fun with this game. The game picks up around world 4, not only getting more challenging, but also more fun and interesting. It really makes use of the 3D and playing with it off would be doing yourself a disservice. Some levels use a top down angle so when you jump you come flying out of the screen or go plummeting away, other angles strictly stick to the old style side scrolling, but most of the time you have a sort of hybrid going on. You mostly progress left to right, but you can go front to back and that adds alot of challenge and complexity to how the levels are designed. Like i said, around world 4 it gets more interesting, each level having a sort of theme or game element to it that makes it a lot of fun to play and the final level usually combining those elements. For instance, there is a level heavily based on the concept that when you press a switch, a temporary pathway unfolds or another one where your path is hidden until you get closer (a boo haunted house every fan will enjoy), and others focus more on items, such as the tanooki suit, the ever so fun boomerang suit, ect ect
    As i said, the game is pretty easy to beat, but like most nintendo games, the challenge lies in 100% completion: collecting all the star coins. What makes the game easy is the abundance of coins, items, and 1 ups. Barely even trying, i racked up 30 lives and have only lost about 5 so far, compared to Donkey Kong Country Returns where i was struggling to get through some levels. The game also has alot of bonus levels which, while fun, make the experience too easy, but everyone can have fun with this.
  50. Feb 12, 2012
    I beat this game tonight very fun Super Mario title. The 3D effects are awesome in which you can change the type of 3D you want, more in depth or popping out in your face. It was fun playing through it the first time but does not have a high amount of replay value. If your into Mario games I suggest Mario Kart 7 due to the online fun factor.
  51. Nov 17, 2011
    Some interesting facts: while 3D Mario games are always critically acclaimed, they only sold around 5-7 million copies in comparison to the latest 2D Marios (New Super Mario Wii including) which sold around 20 million copies and above! Super Mario 3D Land is an attempt to bridge this gap, getting new users to buy into Mario's 3D world. Like Mario Kart Wii before it, purists criedSome interesting facts: while 3D Mario games are always critically acclaimed, they only sold around 5-7 million copies in comparison to the latest 2D Marios (New Super Mario Wii including) which sold around 20 million copies and above! Super Mario 3D Land is an attempt to bridge this gap, getting new users to buy into Mario's 3D world. Like Mario Kart Wii before it, purists cried foul...It's too easy, etc etc.. Nevertheless, I feel that by making the levels shorter, it makes for a more addictive experience. Yes, Mario Galaxy 2 is the pinnacle of Mario gaming...but it is also super hard. Mario 3DLand hits the sweet spot in this instance and still contains some of the best platforming in the business! Expand
  52. Nov 20, 2011
    Super mario 3d land is simply excellent. The graphics are spot on and the sound is exceptional. The platforming is as sharp and fun as ever. For me this game is the first game that is really showcasing the 3ds hardware and should have been a launch title. All the super mario galaxy comparisons should be ignored. It's not trying to be galaxy. It's simply trying to be it's own fun new marioSuper mario 3d land is simply excellent. The graphics are spot on and the sound is exceptional. The platforming is as sharp and fun as ever. For me this game is the first game that is really showcasing the 3ds hardware and should have been a launch title. All the super mario galaxy comparisons should be ignored. It's not trying to be galaxy. It's simply trying to be it's own fun new mario game while trying to be the best handheld platform game ever. For me it succeeds on both counts. If you're after a great mario game for your 3ds then say hello to Super Mario 3d land. Expand
  53. Nov 20, 2011
    The best 3DS title so far. Awsome gameplay, very challenging levels, cool 3D effects. Although I wished that giant Mario and yoshi. But even without them the game turned out really cool!
  54. Nov 20, 2011
    I was pleasantly surprised by this game. The 3D is the best I've seen on the system so far, and the gameplay is the usual Mario quality. It also has plenty of content for the more adventurous players. I'd recommend this game to any 3DS owner. Expect to find some of the best elements from Mario's previous adventure packed into this title.
  55. Nov 20, 2011
    A really amazing use of the 3d effect; It is implemented into gameplay seamlessly. The only complaint is that the first 6 worlds are easy; however, they are charming and fun none the less.
  56. Nov 21, 2011
    Great game .The 3d effect is amazing. Lots of content. And the graphics are VERY nice, some of the best on the system. I really enjoyed having the tanooki suit again, and the music is wonderful. Really no complaints here, would have liked some mini games, thats about it.
  57. SPC
    Nov 21, 2011
    This is the reason to own a 3DS, the game we have all been waiting for! Super Mario 3D Land makes the best use of 3D I have ever seen in a game and is super fun to boot! With wonderful level design, tight controls, and challenges for the casual and hardcore alike. I highly recommend this one!
  58. Nov 22, 2011
    incredible! 3ds best game! Mario is back in style! essential for any player in general, will make you really enjoy it! wonderful, colossal, hilarious and all the adjectives you can think of ..
  59. Apr 12, 2012
    This game is pretty much flawless except for the tanooki suit being totally overpowered. Without the suit, some stages are actually really hard. People complaining that this game is too easy are the same people who keep going back to World 1-1 to stock up on tanooki suits after every stage. This is probably my favorite Mario game, its the perfect cross over of new and old.
  60. Feb 20, 2012
    The best thing about Super Mario 3D Land is that it is the same old Mario you know and love. The worst thing about Super Mario 3D Land is that it is the same old Mario you know and love. In other words, it retains what makes Mario games great (sharp controls, fantastic level designs, an intelligent camera, simple without being overly simple, many classical elements and characters thatThe best thing about Super Mario 3D Land is that it is the same old Mario you know and love. The worst thing about Super Mario 3D Land is that it is the same old Mario you know and love. In other words, it retains what makes Mario games great (sharp controls, fantastic level designs, an intelligent camera, simple without being overly simple, many classical elements and characters that are core to the Mario series, a catchy soundtrack and fitting sound effects, colorful graphics, etc.) but fails to significantly innovate. Super Mario 3D Land is just one of those games that is difficult to give a score to: giving it a high score dismisses the fact that there is really nothing new here, something that games in other less-loved series would not get away with. On the other hand, giving it a low score is a disservice to how truly fun the game is. In the end, I'd give it 8.5 out of 10. This acknowledges that Super Mario 3D Land is a really fun game, while keeping it from the greatness of a game which scores a 9 or higher. If you own a 3DS, then you should definitely get this game; it is currently the best game for the system in my opinion. Sadly, if you do not own a 3DS, I cannot honestly say that this game is a system-seller. Expand
  61. Feb 22, 2012
    really, a guy called nintendosucks giving a review of a 3ds game? A tad suspicious. really, how come they haven't made this prior. my one complaint is that it is fairly easy
  62. Mar 5, 2012
    Remains the mario always fun for any age and that the game will jump gora-le eyes, semelhnçs with ntigo mrio bros for snes is an unbelievable game q comes down to graphics as beautiful as an animation and best of all the fun.
  63. Mar 28, 2012
    Super Mario 3D Land is Nintendo's best platformer yet. It perfectly blends 2D and 3D platforming. The result? Another Mario Masterpiece. What else can I say? Well, the graphics look great for a handheld, the music is catchy, and the level design is brilliant. If you own a 3DS, you must buy this game, period.
  64. Apr 22, 2012
    Just great! This game is in my Top 3 on the 3DS and in my Top 10 on any platform. This game has all the Mario fun for anyone. This is right up there with Street Fighter 3D, Zelda 3D, DOA 3D, Mario Kart 7. Definitely the second-best game on the system.
  65. Dec 5, 2011
    Super Mario 3D Land. Can it keep up with Galaxy? Not quite, but it's not far short. The courses are designed amazingly well, and many are far better even than the genius design behind the Galaxy games. There are many new suits as well, including Tanooki, Boomerang, Fire and the Block suit. All are well used to brilliant effect, although the Tanooki suit does feel very overused, whichSuper Mario 3D Land. Can it keep up with Galaxy? Not quite, but it's not far short. The courses are designed amazingly well, and many are far better even than the genius design behind the Galaxy games. There are many new suits as well, including Tanooki, Boomerang, Fire and the Block suit. All are well used to brilliant effect, although the Tanooki suit does feel very overused, which sometimes unfortunately allows you to glide on by past some of the greatest Mario courses ever designed. The colours are vibrant, and the 3D is used really well. There's even 2 different types to choose from, one set deep into the screen, another further out. The game includes 16 world each containing 5 levels, and is therefore fairly lengthy. I have played 18 hours and have finished all worlds, however, I still have a few worlds to achieve all star coins on. If your quickly breezing through the game, it will take you 6 hours to complete each level. If you appreciate 3D Land's inner beauty, it should take you 20 hours. The music is very catchy and you'll find yourself humming along, but it can't compare to Galaxy. Something that can compare to Galaxy however, are the graphics. As beautiful - if not more at times - as any of Galaxy's levels, it's a compressed wonderland of vibrant colour and joy. Overall, 3D Land is an essential for 3DS, but if you've got a decision on your hands between 3D Land and Mario Kart 7, it goes to 7 for the longevity and extra polish. Still, a great game and a great Christmas present. Expand
  66. Dec 8, 2011
    I'm quite a fan of the unique perspectives presented in this game. You'll be looking at Mario from all sorts of different angles as you guide him through the Super Mario Bros. 3 meets Super Mario 64-style layout. A great game to just pick up and play. I do wish there was more originality besides the new powerups, but Mario is Mario, and you don't fix what isn't broken.
  67. Dec 26, 2011
    One of the best portable Mario games, if not the best. Gameplay takes its style from the Mario Galaxy series minus the spherical physics. Graphics are not mind-blowing but are good. 3D effect is handled well, and not overwhelming, nor does it force you to use it. Old powerups are welcomed by fans. Level design can be frustrating at times. Camera sometimes has a mind of its own.One of the best portable Mario games, if not the best. Gameplay takes its style from the Mario Galaxy series minus the spherical physics. Graphics are not mind-blowing but are good. 3D effect is handled well, and not overwhelming, nor does it force you to use it. Old powerups are welcomed by fans. Level design can be frustrating at times. Camera sometimes has a mind of its own. Overall, a recommendation to any 3DS owner. Expand
  68. Feb 3, 2012
    This is the best game on the 3DS yet. The gameplay is genius as normal, the graphics will put a very big grin on your face and the music is superb. However, this is not the best Mario game (3rd best in my opinion) due to one problem it has: It's easy. It's easy to do the main game, very easy (there is no real challenge until World 6) and you will probably have over 100 lives by the timeThis is the best game on the 3DS yet. The gameplay is genius as normal, the graphics will put a very big grin on your face and the music is superb. However, this is not the best Mario game (3rd best in my opinion) due to one problem it has: It's easy. It's easy to do the main game, very easy (there is no real challenge until World 6) and you will probably have over 100 lives by the time world 8 rolls along. But, the difficulty is the game's only fault, it's level design is fantastic, maybe the best I've ever seen! It just falls short of the two Galaxy games due to it's easiness (did all 8 worlds in under 6 hours), but it does double in length when you complete it, which is fantastic. Every 3DS owner needs this game, else their collection will never be complete. Expand
  69. Feb 2, 2012
    3D land is not as good as SMG2 or NSMB Wii, and it is not the best 3DS game, but it is still a lot of fun. The 3D effect in the game is amazing and the graphics are the best I have ever seen on a Mario game.
  70. Dec 9, 2011
    If you need a reason to buy a Nintendo 3DS), now it is the time. The Killer Application is here, the 3D effect is wonderful; this is the best portable Mario ever. The levels are short but wonderful, everyone will enjoy this fantastic game!
  71. Dec 25, 2011
    Super Mario 3D is an awesome game. It makes great use of the 3DS's main gimmick, the 3D hardware. The gameplay is something Mario hasn't seen ever before. The objective is to get to the flagpole, just as in the classic Mario games, but it combines gameplay with Super Mario Galaxy in the fact that you can move up and down, and left and right. This creates an amazing game environment to play in
  72. Dec 26, 2011
    Super Mario 3D Land is the ultimate 3DS experience. The 8 worlds will easily be completed in 8 hours, but there is enough extra content and challenges to keep you busy for many, many hours. This is the first game to use 3D as an integral part of the gameplay, and it looks great. My only problem with the game is its difficulty. Any player, casual and intense, will be able to complete theSuper Mario 3D Land is the ultimate 3DS experience. The 8 worlds will easily be completed in 8 hours, but there is enough extra content and challenges to keep you busy for many, many hours. This is the first game to use 3D as an integral part of the gameplay, and it looks great. My only problem with the game is its difficulty. Any player, casual and intense, will be able to complete the game easily. The difficulty really only ramps up at the end, and it really doesn't compare to the last levels of New Super Mario Bros. DS. And when the game does get hard, some of the time, its because its difficult to perceive how far into the world you are, depth-wise. Its only difficult because the game makes it hard to traverse the world, not because of the normal obstacles and difficulties presented by Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario 64. That is my only quarrel with the game. Overall, Super Mario 3D Land is an incredible 3DS adventure, one that should've been a launch title for the system. Expand
  73. Jan 16, 2012
    I think Mario 3d Land is a really fun game and is one of the best 3ds games but it has som flaws:
    1 the game was no challeging enough for me, it wasn´t the easiest game in the world but it was easy at least for me .But later on, after beating the normal worlds you get the special worlds that are more challenging than the normal ones, is good to have a little challange later on but I would like more challange on the normal worlds.
    And the other one are the power ups, basiclly they just added one new power up: the boomerang and the copter block but the copter block is just a copy of the copter suit of new super mario bros wii and you lose it at the end of the stage and really just one brand new power up?! after the tons of new super mario bros wii power ups I expected a lot but no only one.
    But aside that 3d land is a really fun game is a great combination of 3d mario and 2d mario and it has a lot of replay value. I will give it a 8.5 but since there´s no 8.5 in the score bar I give it a 8.
  74. Feb 8, 2012
    "It may a bit early to say this, but I genuinely believe Super Mario 3D Land is going to be one of those landmark 3DS games. Years from now, when people are talking about the system, they will single out Super Mario 3D Land as a game that anyone, of any age, can enjoy. Itâ
  75. Jan 25, 2013
    After feeling disappointed with Galaxy 2, 3D Land was exactly what I needed from Mario. The controls are tight, the visuals and music are beautiful, and on top of that it is probably one of the most extensive Mario games in years. With secret words the game features a whopping 16 worlds. Add on all the Star coins to collect, the time runs to beat, and classic Mario fun and you haveAfter feeling disappointed with Galaxy 2, 3D Land was exactly what I needed from Mario. The controls are tight, the visuals and music are beautiful, and on top of that it is probably one of the most extensive Mario games in years. With secret words the game features a whopping 16 worlds. Add on all the Star coins to collect, the time runs to beat, and classic Mario fun and you have yourself a great Nintendo experience. Expand
  76. Apr 29, 2012
    best handheld mario game to date. super good to speed run and it handles super well a game hasnt felt quite like this since mario 64 quite long and really great use of the 3d
  77. May 26, 2012
    This game is to good for words.Although I can't wait for a Super Mario Galaxy game to appear on the 3D hand held this is the perfect mix between the old and the new.Super Mario 3 was in my opinion the pinnacle of platforming bliss back in the day and combining elements from this game so successfully in a 3d formula is just amazing. Roll on Mario Galaxy 3DS ...
  78. Jun 13, 2012
    This game is Amazing I would reccomend it to any 3DS owner the graphics are amazing the music is awesome and the gameplay is great. Buy it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is amazing
  79. Mar 11, 2013
  80. Nov 29, 2012
    When Mario 64 came out I thought it was cool, but I struggled to get into the game, so when I heard about this game I was wary of it at first. I picked up the game so I would have something to tackle over the Christmas holidays. I'm glad I did because I found the game thoroughly enjoyable. Nintendo did a great job making a 3D Mario feel like the 2D world (in a good way) I found theWhen Mario 64 came out I thought it was cool, but I struggled to get into the game, so when I heard about this game I was wary of it at first. I picked up the game so I would have something to tackle over the Christmas holidays. I'm glad I did because I found the game thoroughly enjoyable. Nintendo did a great job making a 3D Mario feel like the 2D world (in a good way) I found the missions challenging but never frustratingly difficult. The one time I was struggling after dying 10 times or so the game started me off with a powerup to give me a boost. I think this is a must own game for the 3DS system. Expand
  81. Mar 14, 2013
    Mario's first adventure in the 3DS is a stunningly beautiful 3D platformer, featuring some of the most clever stages in the series' entire run and that is no small feat.

My few complaints have to do mostly with the way the game is structured. This was the perfect opportunity for us to get a non-linear, open-world original Mario adventure in handheld form (think Super Mario 64). Instead, we get the classic stage lineup, divided into worlds, which makes the stages seem more self-contained than they needed to.

Still, the action is excellent, even thrilling at times, and Nintendo again shows us that spotless gameplay and the ever endearing main character of Mario are enough to make the lack of storyline not matter one bit.
  82. Mar 27, 2013
    This is no doubt WHY you should buy a 3DS, and is the best game on the system. Every aspect of the game is fun. Just makes me anxious for a Mario Sunshine sequel on the system.
  83. Mar 29, 2013
    Super Mario 3D Land is very enjoyable and fun. The graphics are stunning and the gameplay is awsome... The 3D looks very good too but isn't perfect....
  84. Apr 3, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Another Mario game I seem to realize it's always the same story Bow ser kidnaps Peach like always anyway the game itself:

the levels are really small and colourful if you played the Super Mario Galaxy's some of the levels are cop yed from that game and onto this game either re-edit or made up.

it's the same you plot through levels after levels collecting these ring like things to advance through more levels.

So basic ly it's the same as you would expect from Super Mario Galaxy just with newly power ups, it's a try game for the Mario fans.

Note note; can be a bit tab of short in game play!
  85. Apr 5, 2013
    It's the last point a handheld platform game can come. It's really perfect in every aspect. I can't even imagine what will nintendo bring in their next handheld.
  86. Apr 10, 2013
    Great game with catching music, good graphics and best use of the 3D vision ever. However, the impressive number of 1-UP mushrooms given to you can make the hardcore Mario fans sad.
  87. Apr 23, 2013
    I must confess that I was never a fan of Mario games for a couple of reasons: as a child, I thought that the graphics were boring, with too many regular shapes and few colours, compared to games like Rayman for instance; I didn't like the lack of a health meter and the time limit of each level; finally, the difficulty level seemed a bit high. It is true that I have only played a few MarioI must confess that I was never a fan of Mario games for a couple of reasons: as a child, I thought that the graphics were boring, with too many regular shapes and few colours, compared to games like Rayman for instance; I didn't like the lack of a health meter and the time limit of each level; finally, the difficulty level seemed a bit high. It is true that I have only played a few Mario games, the first one on the NES and a few on the GBA. In any case, Super Mario 3D Land has changed my opinion regarding all the matters mentioned above.

The graphics are excellent, probably the best on the 3ds so far. The colours are rich and bright, and each level has its own theme with unique elements. The 3d effect is very good and it is one of the few games where the effect really improves gameplay. There are many power-ups in the game, which apart from giving an extra power, allow the character to take 2 hits. You can also store an additional power-up, so the lack of a health meter is no longer a significant issue. Although there is still a time limit, there is plenty of time to finish each level. Finally, the difficulty of the main game is low to medium. For those looking for a challenge, after completing the main game you unlock the special worlds with higher difficulty (this part is equal in length to the main game).

However, there are a few things which I didn't like about this game, and this is why I gave it 4 stars instead of 5. At some point, the game becomes repetitive. From the beginning, you will notice that there are only two types of boss fights (with the exception of the last). You might ignore this aspect in the main game, since the other levels are very different. However, many of the levels in the special worlds are variations of the levels in the main game. This might also be acceptable, since it is very difficult to come up with completely new levels in such a game. The problem is that in order to complete the game 100%, you will sometimes have to repeat levels in order to collect all the coins and get the golden flags. But even worse, after completing all the levels with Mario, you will also have to complete them with Luigi. Repeating everything also means hearing "Wahoo", "Wee", "Mah", "Waa", "Aaaah" hundreds of times, and the same music tracks. This might be very annoying for some people.

Another complaint is the lack of a physical manual. Paying 30 pounds for this game, I was expecting to find a proper manual. Not only that the physical manual is missing, but also an important information. If any of the assisting blocks appears (after you die more than 5 times in a row) and you save the game afterwards, you can't finish the game with the "shiny stars" achievement.

To sum things up, I highly recommend this game and apart from the problems mentioned above, I think it is one of the best 3ds games released so far.
  88. Nov 20, 2011
    Insanely good. I just unlocked the last secret stage after getting all of the 5 stars in a week of playing the game. After I finish that stage, I'm still going to play this for years to come. Classic.
  89. Nov 16, 2011
    (My actual score is a 9.5)
    (My actual score is a 9.5)
    Super Mario 3D Land is an amazing combination of New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy. Although it may seem easy, the levels are a whole lot of fun, and I couldn't just put this game down! Not to mention the game gets wayyyy harder after you save Princess Peach....It utilizes the 3DS's gyroscope and 3D controls/effect very well, and the levels are shorter so you can play it almost any time. A must have for any 3DS owner and Mario fan!
  90. Nov 20, 2011
    Finally a game all 3DS owners have been waiting for. Anyone who owns a 3DS and enjoys platformers even in the slightest should buy this. Super Mario 3D starts off as fun, and even a bit too easy, but after a few surprises later on in the game you'll find yourself white knuckled trying to get few it's more than many surprises. The 3D capabilities of the 3DS are finally being used for goodFinally a game all 3DS owners have been waiting for. Anyone who owns a 3DS and enjoys platformers even in the slightest should buy this. Super Mario 3D starts off as fun, and even a bit too easy, but after a few surprises later on in the game you'll find yourself white knuckled trying to get few it's more than many surprises. The 3D capabilities of the 3DS are finally being used for good and not just as icing on a cake to make it something look pretty - though, it still ends up looking great, so that's just a win-win for Nintendo! All the in game "shout outs" to many of the previous Mario franchise installments are well places and really make this game stand out. I'll go so far as to say that this is probably one of my top 3 Mario games. It's just great. I've been playing the game non-stop for a week since I've purchased it and I am still plowing through it's secrets, trying to get all the coins, etc etc. It's fun, bright and visually pleasing, sound is awesome, there is a ton of replay-ability. Expand
  91. Nov 19, 2011
    I was really exited for this game and after Galaxy my expectations were sky high.I am happy to say that this game delivers and then some.The level designs are creative and inspired, there is something from every Mario game to date, and there are a lot of new things too.The 3d is used in an amazing ways and it is the best in any game until now.This is a game for Mario fans, no matter whichI was really exited for this game and after Galaxy my expectations were sky high.I am happy to say that this game delivers and then some.The level designs are creative and inspired, there is something from every Mario game to date, and there are a lot of new things too.The 3d is used in an amazing ways and it is the best in any game until now.This is a game for Mario fans, no matter which ones you like,2d or 3d. Expand
  92. Nov 28, 2011
    It's what you'd expect from a Mario game. Fun. It looks great and feels great to be playing in your hands in 3D. It mixes the best of 2D and 3D Mario games, but when it comes down to it Super Mario Galaxy is still my favourite. The game does offer a challenge (especially after completing the first 8 worlds) and some great level design that really takes advantage of the 3D feature. If youIt's what you'd expect from a Mario game. Fun. It looks great and feels great to be playing in your hands in 3D. It mixes the best of 2D and 3D Mario games, but when it comes down to it Super Mario Galaxy is still my favourite. The game does offer a challenge (especially after completing the first 8 worlds) and some great level design that really takes advantage of the 3D feature. If you own a 3DS you have no reason not to own this game. Expand
  93. Nov 16, 2011
    Old, good Mario. In 3D? Ou yea... I like it, it's classic Mario like Super Mario Bros. from NES but in 3D. There is no central location like in Super Mario64 or Mario Galaxy. Classic start'n'go to flag.
  94. Nov 20, 2011
    Its no mario galaxy, and the 3d isn't used as well as I had hoped, but it is still a great mario game with galaxy level graphics, and a few really great stages.
  95. Nov 21, 2011
    Super Mario games Land is probably the best Mario games game that exists for a handheld. The worlds are beautifully varied designs, many a Level are brimming with ideas. The soundtrack goes immediately to the ear, the typical feel-good Super Mario Mario games. The graphics are very colorful, as you would expect from a platformer. The game has some Easter eggs of other Nintendo and MarioSuper Mario games Land is probably the best Mario games game that exists for a handheld. The worlds are beautifully varied designs, many a Level are brimming with ideas. The soundtrack goes immediately to the ear, the typical feel-good Super Mario Mario games. The graphics are very colorful, as you would expect from a platformer. The game has some Easter eggs of other Nintendo and Mario games games.The skills '3 DS 'are used very well. The game is unfortunately far too easily, much like Super Mario Galaxy. So not expect a second Super Mario Sunshine. Each one has 3Ds should define this great 3D platformer. Besides Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D, the best 3DS game. Expand
  96. Nov 29, 2011
    This is by far the best handheld game I've played to date and the game the 3DS was made for. The game has that Nintendo polish with enough originality and innovation to keep you hooked until the very end. The gameplay is ideal for handheld gaming with short levels that you can easily dip back into whenever you feel the urge. The 3D is solid and convincing, I had it on the whole time. ItThis is by far the best handheld game I've played to date and the game the 3DS was made for. The game has that Nintendo polish with enough originality and innovation to keep you hooked until the very end. The gameplay is ideal for handheld gaming with short levels that you can easily dip back into whenever you feel the urge. The 3D is solid and convincing, I had it on the whole time. It starts easy and ends hard, exactly as desired so myself, my wife and my boy can all enjoy this game. Must buy for 3DS owners and worth buying a 3DS for. Expand
  97. Nov 29, 2011
    Super Mario 3D Land finally legitimizes your purchase of the Nintendo 3DS. For a franchise that has seen it's hits and misses, Nintendo finally seems to have cultivated a thorough understanding of how best to combine the classic platforming elements with fresh new gameplay mechanics that no one else has done before, and on a system that, until now, has seemingly been relegated to hostingSuper Mario 3D Land finally legitimizes your purchase of the Nintendo 3DS. For a franchise that has seen it's hits and misses, Nintendo finally seems to have cultivated a thorough understanding of how best to combine the classic platforming elements with fresh new gameplay mechanics that no one else has done before, and on a system that, until now, has seemingly been relegated to hosting gimmicky, half-hearted attempts at innovation. Everything that makes a Mario game classic, fun and challenging is here, but don't let the first half of the game fool you. The ease with which you will conquer it only serves as a method of drawing you in. It's when you get to the special stages that the difficulty ramps up significantly, and the challenge is nearly impossible to ignore. You will not want to put the game down. You will want to finish every level, collect every star coin and get every golden flag. With the addition of Luigi, whose jumps are slightly higher and whose run is slightly faster, the gameplay changes just enough to keep from getting stale on the 2nd play through, then the unlocks keep you coming back for more. By the time I unlocked the final crown level, I had died hundreds of times, cursing and shouting, nearly driving my wife insane. Then I played the crown level. Anyone who says this game is too easy, obviously hasn't played it enough to unlock this level. If you want an even greater challenge, do what I did and don't use the Tanooki suit. Further still, try beating it without using the moving platform that Nintendo mercifully provides for you at the end of the level. You'll know what I mean when you get there. Admittedly, once you play the level hundreds of times, you'll know how to conquer it rather easily, but it is a steep learning curve.

But let's not forget the graphics. They are stunning, easily rivaling and in some cases surpassing that of the Mario Galaxy counterparts. The 3D effect only sweetens the deal and Nintendo even found a way to incorporate the effect into the gameplay as well. At no point while playing did I ever want to switch it off, which isn't something I can say for other games on the 3DS. It was never a distraction, at least for me. Nintendo has crafted a beautiful environment to immerse players in and the polish is pristine. The animations are also top notch. Smooth and seamless, this game is a joy to look at and play.

I really can't speak highly enough about this game. It is a masterpiece and a must-own for anyone who has a 3DS. For someone who doesn't always have time to sit through a 30 to 40 hour gameplay experience, Super Mario 3D Land is a perfect match. Not too long, not too short. Everything is just right. Get this game.
  98. Mar 19, 2012
    This game in my opinion is over-rated.
    Many people are saying his is a reason why you must get a 3DS.
    In my opinion. Nah not really. There are other titles that more noteworthy such as Revelations but i dont want to get into that. It's not really a fantastic game while it offers some fun and interesting levels. Stages vary among each other quite well and the difficulty is set at a normal
    This game in my opinion is over-rated.
    Many people are saying his is a reason why you must get a 3DS.

Stages vary among each other quite well and the difficulty is set at a normal pace.

However the difficulty has a huge spike when you go into the special worlds.
    The game has nice graphics and overall it's a nice experience. But i found Super Mario Galaxy to be better.
    Not really a must own in my opinion. I traded it back a few weeks after i finished the entire game as i felt there was nothing else to play for.

I suggest renting the game or buying it pre-owned
  99. Jul 4, 2012
    after about 15 hours of play and still a few more stages to finish off with the 2nd character just cleaning up I'm still amazed by just how good this game is, really just such a beautiful looking and handling game, it's just funny to hear people crying about rehashs when this game sets itself apart from every other game in the series outside of the obvious, you are playing as mario and aafter about 15 hours of play and still a few more stages to finish off with the 2nd character just cleaning up I'm still amazed by just how good this game is, really just such a beautiful looking and handling game, it's just funny to hear people crying about rehashs when this game sets itself apart from every other game in the series outside of the obvious, you are playing as mario and a mushroom makes you grow aspects of it there is so much time put into making this the AAA mario title that every 3ds owner should pick up, and you can happily disregard the 36 negative reviews on here from such people as "nintedohater" "mariosucks" and "nintendohasgamesbutmyvitadoesn'twahhhhhhhhhhhhhh" because yeah, they're all just angrily written by people enraged that nintendo has struck gold yet again, both gameplay wise and the fact that their fans are willing to pay for the amazing games they produce. Expand
  100. Nov 26, 2011
    Mario 3d land is an amzaing game and missing out on it is a huge mistake because its packed full of adventure or fun. The game works great 3d effects are used great, good gyroscope, streetpass, and tons of extra contenet mixed with new materil it might not be a galaxy but it comes very close for just a little portible.
  101. Jan 16, 2012

1. Feb 6, 2012
    Mario is back! In a classic Mario-fashion you jump your way througheight worlds, where you battle goombas, koopas and the main meaniehimself, Bowser. This game is never particularly difficult, butgradually advanced to a challenge that feels just perfect. Fun, varied and guaranteed to make you smile.
    Lifesaver for all Nintendo 3DS owners. Super Mario 3D Land delivers flawless design and perfect use of 3D effects during the whole game. [Christmas 2011]
  3. Jan 11, 2012
    The Nintendo 3DS has had a slow start, but I feel this marks one of the first important games to come out on this system. I can't say it's a must buy, but is really close for those who have already picked up a 3DS. The amount of content in this game along with the varying degree of gameplay makes this one of the best Mario games I've played in a while.