• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Mar 27, 2011
5.1

1. Sep 21, 2011
    Oh crap. I accidentally put 10 instead of 5.5 (5). Well there now they even each other out. Read my actual review if you want an in depth look in the game. Yeah. . . .
  2. Mar 28, 2011
    An good choice for a game to get with the 3DS. The game is challenging, but not as hard as the originals on Gamecube. The two other mini games are quite fun.
  3. May 7, 2011
    Generally Super Monkey Ball boasts fun family games and nice multiplayer games. Not much more, especially presuming the lack of storyline length and really any depth.
  4. Nov 28, 2011
    this game is fun because you get you have that motion control capabilities.and you can pick from 16 cars and 6 characters and go in circles you also can have lots of fun in battle mode and race in fun races for hours
  5. Apr 5, 2011
    The game is fun, very fun, but over in about 2hours. The 3D is fantastic but melts your eyes (this is why Nintendo say only have it turned on for 15mins at a time) I actually had to alternate 3D on and off to stop my eyes from exploding. The controls are amazing, both the circle pad and gyro controls are very precise and the gyro controls calibrate each time you use them so there's no issues there. The main game has 8worlds and is very easy. The other mini games I found are good enough to be worth my time though, the monkey fight is a dumbed down smash bros that plays ok but is ridiculously easy (my first time playing I finished with 143 bananas,while all 3 computers had 0) and the monkey ball kart I found painful to play the drifting is poor, and when you get hit by a weapon you stop for a ludicrous amount of time. On the upper hand though the courses are fine. If you like repeatedly playing a few levels to better your score this is a good game for you otherwise, pick it up if you find it really cheap it is fun but its not worth the money 3ds cost right now. Expand
  6. May 25, 2011
    The gameplay that Monkey Ball that has made it so "good" (tilting a stage to roll your ball-encased monkey to the goal) gets old, and the two minigames are complete rip-offs of Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart.
  7. Jan 4, 2012
    Dear god i'm so glad I got this game free and didn't buy it. The only original part of this game (monkey ball) is boring after about 5 min. No story line at all. The other 2 modes seem to be a copy of better Nintendo games. Save your money for something like Mario kart7, super Mario 3d land or resident evil. No matter how cheap you can get this it is not worth it.
  8. Jan 13, 2013
    This game was ok... there is nothing much more to say. The new features which they added (mario kart clone) were bad, but the main campaign was good but just nothing special.
  9. Nov 2, 2013
    Gráficamente el juego es increíble y hace que logremos olvidar lo malo que es en realidad. El problema llega en la dificultad del juego, que es muy pobre incluso jugando con el giroscopio los niveles son muy sencillos y nada innovadores, cosa que se extrañó realmente en esta entrega.
    Pasar el juego no te lleva ni un par de horas por lo que recurres rápidamente a los minijuegos, pero es
    aquí donde todo se torna gris: todos ellos sin excepción son malos, llenos bugs y nada divertidos, la música es siempre la misma por lo que suele fastidiar y el gameplay es un caos total, absolutamente nada responsivo. Sin duda este juego es un intento fallido de repetir la grandiosidad de Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz y la complejidad de las primeras entregas, haciendo de este un juego mediocre, fácil y sin sentido con minijuegos absurdos, aburridos y repetitivos que lo empeoran aún más. Expand
  10. Jul 17, 2013
    As in any other Super Monkey Ball game, you roll a ball to the goal in short stages. The gameplay is fun, but it is so easy it'll be over in an hour. Seriously? An hour! It's a shame because this is otherwise the most fun monkey ball yet. Typically, super monkey ball games usually contain six party games as well, but here there are only two. One is a fun but short-lived racing game, and the other is a fun but short-lived fighting game. On top of the already too short main mode, the absence of many minigames ruins Super Monkey Ball3D. Just this for thirty-five pounds? Expand
  11. Nov 7, 2013
    Although this game is cheap for an average of $15, it does have a lack of several abilitys. This game only has 3 modes to play. Fight, race, and get you monkey to the goal. The challenge (goal) game is fun and has added the new "world" idea to the game, but is not challenging at all. The fight is much like Super Smash Brothers and the Race is exactly like Mario Kart. You aren't in you ball at all during these 2 games. Monkey Ball 3D does all kill some of the fun out of multiplayer also. It is terrible how this game only has 3 modes, because you get bored in a matter of 5 10 min. This game has a whole new idea though, if some gamers like that. Instead of saying "fallout" it says "out of bounds" which many gamers think it stupid. Although this game is exciting and can be fun at some points, it should of included all 15 minigames and new unlockable characters like the past games had, meaning its a new version of Monkey Ball some people wanted to look up to Expand
  12. Apr 22, 2014
    A mediocre, bargain bin title at best, that is one quarter traditional, fun Monkey Ball and two quarters bland and forgettable. This game could have easily been one of my favorites for the 3DS system, having the developers devoted more of their time to expanding the blatantly short, but fantastic Monkey Ball mode, as opposed to tacking on a soulless kart racer and an uninspired fighter.
  13. Oct 24, 2014
    Play Monkey Ball 2 on Gamecube and then tell me this adds up in anyway. This version of the game is possibly the worst game I have ever played. I beat the main game in half and hour and the rest is so terrible I got rid of it immediately after. This is worthy of complaining to Sega....shameful and do not waste your money if you are over the age of 5.

1. Dec 12, 2011
    It's tough to recommend this game to newcomers to the Monkey Ball world based on the two rough game modes, and the otherwise decent Challenge mode likely isn't long enough to justify the high price tag of 3DS titles. The use of 3D is novel, but completely unnecessary – as we've all played these games at home since the Gamecube launch.
  2. Oct 20, 2011
    Technically sound, but the gameplay is way too easy and unimaginative. [May 2011]
  3. Aug 7, 2011
    Overall, there's just not enough content in Super Monkey Ball 3D to justify the purchase. The only mode worth playing is Monkey Ball, and although it is fun, it doesn't last very long. Both the 3D effect and motion sensor controls work great, but they can't be used at the same time. And no online functionality really strips the game of any prolonged use. Unless you're a Super Monkey Ball fanatic, this one's a pass.