8.2

1. Mar 27, 2011
    True to form, Street Fighter 4 3D is addictive, fun and the 3d works really well. Despite its average graphics in the console realm, SSF4 looks great on the 3DS, really proving its new processing power. Of all the games on the launch lineup, SSF4 and Ghost Recon are by far the best. The controls translate well to the 3DS and fights are smooth and really fun to look at, not to mention that the tilted camera angle shows off the 3D really well. Expand
  2. Mar 28, 2011
    SSF4 looks amazing on the 3ds and i can't stop playing it. Its great in short bursts and the online is fantastic! The 3d effect suits the game well and the controls are very easy to learn.
  3. May 7, 2011
    For an old fan, Street Fighter might not possess and stand up to the hype due to lack of change from earlier versions, but if your a new player, and you need something to keep you going on your 3DS, this could provide you with 100 hours+ of brilliance and great engineering quality by Capcom.
  4. Apr 26, 2011
    Street Fighter 4 is a fun game for the 3DS. worth buying and has online multiplayer. There's no blood and the visuals are quite impressive. I've never played sf4 before but this is quite good. An excellent modern edition of street fighter. The graphics are great and its really fun playing against people online.
  5. Mar 27, 2011
    This is a must have for anybody with a 3ds, the new contents makes it worth picking up. The 3d effects are amazing even when your playing in normal mode, it adds great depth to the game. it's not perfect but it's the best of the line up.
  6. Mar 27, 2011
    Super Street Fighter IV is an arcade like fighting game. It was on the 360 and PS3 and Now on the 3DS. If your going to buy a game for the first time on the 3DS then this is the game for you, It has a lot of lifespan and great online. The graphics are very impressive in the game, but they are tuned down because the 3DS can produced HD, and there are costs, no animated backgrounds but that is very minor in my point of view. The online mode is great, you can choose your character and fight other people from around the world and even better, on the go. I did have some lag in certain games but that is very minor. The controls are easy to learn, if your a newcomer then you can use the touch pad to press some moves that were hard to do on the consoles. Or you can turn it off and play like a pro. The 3D effects are not that much, it does work but you are pressing buttons and you will have a hard time looking at the 3D effect. I recommend that you don't use it, but that's up to you.
    SSFIV does have it's issues but this one of the best games to have at launch. A fantastic game.
  7. Dec 13, 2011
    I think this a really good port for a handheld. 3DS has a good line up of good fighters on the system and this is one of the best they have so far. I have played a lot of hours on this game. It was the first game I picked up for the 3DS close to launch and I still think it is a great game. An awesome game for fighting genre fans.
  8. Mar 28, 2011
    This is the launch title to have for the 3DS. The best handheld fighter I have ever played. The backgrounds and characters look great and the 3D effects are some of the best of all the launch games. The ability to map 4 moves to the touch screen make pulling off your ultra combos easier since the four face button and two shoulder buttons are not ideal for Street Fighter in general but after playing for a bit you hardly care. Huge playable roster of characters and smooth controls round this title off nicely a certain must have for the 3DS early adopters. Expand
  9. Nov 28, 2011
    this game is fun because you can fight with over 30 characters and battle in streetpass and sport pass and you can fight people around the world and collect stronger people and have fun
  10. Apr 11, 2011
    Street Fighter fans can't do much better than this. On the small screen of the 3DS, the graphics are missing nearly nothing from it's console cousin, save movement in the backgrounds, but you're not playing this game to stare at the backgrounds. With the 3D effect turned on, the graphics almost seems to sharpen a bit, and characters look like tiny action figures inside the screen. The graphics also seem to run very smoothly all the time. This game seems to sound rich as well and features many different modes and challenges to satisfy whatever you're into at the time. I was particularly surprised at how well the online play seems to work. In many matches (played over DSL), the game only sputtered once, but it was barely noticeable. The rest of the matches seemed on par with something you'd expect to play on Xbox Live; very smooth and consistent. My only quam is that, for me, both the analog slider and D-pad feel like a bit of a compromise; but that is more of a hardware knock than Capcom's fault. In close, I would say that if you have or are going to have a shiny new 3DS, and don't absolutely hate Street Fighter, buy this game and don't look back. It's great. Expand
  11. May 15, 2011
    Very good port of a very good game. Street Fighter 4 was a huge update for the series, and Super Street Fighter 4 added even more content to what was already good.
    The commands feel just right, and it's surprisingly easy to land special attacks. And it's a handheld fighting game we are talking about here. The 3D effect was very well used and looks beautiful in the 3D Versus mode, with an
    alternate camera angle.
    While the Story-Mode gets old, with a pretty cheap boss(especially at higher difficulty levels), the game has virtually infinite replay value, with online play. And the Street Pass feature is an interesting way to boost one's ego by beating randoms with their strategically assembled team.
    From my point of view, there are two major downsides in the game, which hold me from giving it a max score. The easy operation way of using the touch-screen should've had some sort of delay for using some special attacks. It makes it pretty annoying to face a Guile online, with the combination of latency and Sonic Boom/Flash Kick spam. Easily countered by changing the fight setup, thankfully. And the other downside, is the fact that we can't choose the spoken language from the characters. The English voices for some characters sound terribly overworked, and get old really fast. Get ready to hear things like "I'll get my revenge" or "Profound sadness" as KO speech from some characters.
    All around a great game, recommended to anyone with a 3DS.
  12. Jun 1, 2011
    Most people are in agreement that Super Street Fighter IV is one of, if not the strongest titles for the 3DS right now. This game is a perfect demonstration of what the 3DS is capable of, and how much fun the console is in general.

Super Street Fighter IV is pure eye candy on the 3DS. The graphics look amazing and the 3D is executed beautifully. This game should right away assuage
    any doubts people may have about the capabilities of the 3DS. Moreover, the game is extremely fun and addicting.

The traditional arcade mode will match you up against opponents until you reach Seth, a weird alien sort of guy who absorbs everyoneâ
  13. Jun 11, 2011
    Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition is a very good game. It has everything that is needed to make a good Street Fighter game. The 3D effect, while not needed to be up to the system's max, is not the greatest that could have been done, but when it is used, provides a nice addition to the game. The online functionality is very good, allowing for quick matchups and custom matchups. The controls are smooth and seamless, while being inviting to newer players. They may need to take some time and check things out, both in the game and in the manual, but it is a very good game. Though it has some minor bumps that could have been fixed and prepared for that launch, it is, overall, a great game. Expand
  14. Jun 12, 2011
    SSF4 is an amazing port, with all the features of the original console version. All the challenges are there, and this version even packs in all the alternate costume packs that were available for purchase on the console versions. The graphics are brilliant, with only the backgrounds suffering from lowered textures, and also becoming static, but to be honest, does that really matter? You don't play fighting games for the background. The online works brilliantly, ditching the friend codes, and letting you play against anyone online almost instantly. There's always someone online, and you can set what type of people you want to play against in the menu, I.e, Amateur, Semi-pro. You can also collect figures of the characters to fight them against other players figures. The fights take place through Street Pass, and happen almost instantly. You get FP, the points used to get more figures, by playing Arcade Mode, fighting other people in Street Pass, or playing Online.

If you've got a 3DS, or are planning to get one soon, SSF4 3D is one of the best launch games available.
  15. Jun 14, 2011
    This game got me in to fighting games. I used to hate them.
    Starting out with this game I was using the touchscreen buttons for the combos but slowly over time learned to execute all the combos the old fashioned way. I love this game so much I went out and got it along with an arcade stick for my 360.
    Can't wait for Street Fighter x Tekken!
  16. Jul 30, 2011
    It's Super Street Fighter 4, except portable. SSF4 is a great game, though the 3DS' analog stick isn't as accurate as a console's controler. The new figure collection feature is nice, and the game comes pre-loaded with the costume DLC. The biggest drawback is the once lively backgrounds have been turned into still frames.
  17. Aug 28, 2011
    Super street fighter 4 on the go? yes please! Capcom did a really good job porting over their awesome fighting game to the 3ds. the only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because i have trouble pulling off the moves with the d-pad sometimes and miss the joystick support of the 360.
  18. Oct 27, 2011
    this game is pure addiction for the 3ds, has very good visuals, specially characters models and animation, easy controls lots of characters and online mode also i liked a lot its a 9 for me but i want to rise the average score
  19. Mar 23, 2012
    It is incredible to see a port like this in a portable device, especially because it does look almost identical to its HD counterparts!... The game is extremely addictive. Has by far one of the best portable online service... Achievements, Challenges and a lot of stuff to keep you busy!
  20. Apr 12, 2012
    Super street fighter IV: 3D edition is an amazing fighting game with brilliant graphics & 3D, cool bonus features (including: barrel smashing and car smashing), lots of different modes (including: arcade mode, versus mode, 3D versus mode, challenge mode and more!), really good streetpass and great multi-player!
  21. Feb 22, 2012
    Epic version of the game for the 3ds. Even though there is some lag on online play, it's understandable just like in all online games since online experience greatly depends on numerous factors. I traded my pilotwings resort for this game and I don't regret it.
  22. May 15, 2012
    This game is the best portable fighting game to date. Although the game has forced touch controls, you still have the same game from the PS3/360 at the palm of your hands. Not to mention the great online and the fact that the game is in 3D. This is a must have for 3DS owners.
  23. Nov 17, 2012
    A fighting game worth buying ! It has incredible graphics and 3D effect is marvelous ! The online multiplayer is great ! Nothing more to be expected then a good old side scrolling fighting game !
  24. Sep 4, 2014
    This is probably the best console to portable port i have ever played, everything feels just as fluid and entertaining. I recommend this port to anyone who likes fighting games and has a 3ds. definitely the best 3ds launch game
  25. Jan 8, 2014
    Probably the best fighter on a handheld at least in my opinion. This game has great visuals, good soundtrack, a very balanced roster, a suprisingly good story mode and a unique mode that allows you to fight 3D while in 2D (if you played this version of SF4, i think you know what i'm talking about). I spend countless hours in this game, more so then any other 3DS game i have so far (Pokemon Y is reaching it though). One of my all time favorite fighters. Expand
  26. Jul 20, 2014
    I had never played street fighter before, but this seems like the best one. I'm not that good at it, but everything is so balanced and well-executed The soundtrack rivals SSB Brawl's, and the graphics are stunning for a 3DS game. If you don't buy this, you don't have the right to call yourself a gamer. It is almost perfect
  27. Aug 14, 2014
    I'm a gamer since 1993, and i always prefered Tekken over Street Fighter
    but in 2014 (i know am a bit late since this was released in 2011) I had a change in heart
    the only stupid thing is the cutscenes that i couldn't take seriously [e.g. Dudly drinking tea with his boxing gloves on, or Ken in the hospital wearing the same karate clothes while his wife giving birth to his child]
    anyways

Gameplay 10
    Graphics 10
    Sounds 9.5

1. Dec 12, 2011
    As of the writing of this, Super Street Fighter IV: 3D is the best title that I've had the privilege to play for the system. Not only are the fights fast paced and enjoyable, but the use of 3DS features such as Streetpass show some promise and the in game figure collection/battle system is something that is sure to keep people engaged for some time.
  2. Oct 20, 2011
    A fast and pretty arcade beat 'em up. You can do several hard special moves just by touching the lower screen, but that's fine, since you can't use an arcade stick. [May 2011]
  3. May 22, 2011
    This is easily the best title in the 3DS launch lineup, and it's proof that the potential is there for the slow-starting system.