8.2

1. Sep 4, 2014
    This is probably the best console to portable port i have ever played, everything feels just as fluid and entertaining. I recommend this port to anyone who likes fighting games and has a 3ds. definitely the best 3ds launch game
  2. Aug 30, 2014
    The 3ds is a little too small for bigger hands, that's the only problem I can really find with it. It's a fighting game, what do you want? A story review?
  3. Aug 14, 2014
    I'm a gamer since 1993, and i always prefered Tekken over Street Fighter
    but in 2014 (i know am a bit late since this was released in 2011) I had a change in heart
    the only stupid thing is the cutscenes that i couldn't take seriously [e.g. Dudly drinking tea with his boxing gloves on, or Ken in the hospital wearing the same karate clothes while his wife giving birth to his child]
    anyways

Gameplay 10
    Graphics 10
    Sounds 9.5
  4. Jul 20, 2014
    I had never played street fighter before, but this seems like the best one. I'm not that good at it, but everything is so balanced and well-executed The soundtrack rivals SSB Brawl's, and the graphics are stunning for a 3DS game. If you don't buy this, you don't have the right to call yourself a gamer. It is almost perfect
  5. Jan 8, 2014
    Probably the best fighter on a handheld at least in my opinion. This game has great visuals, good soundtrack, a very balanced roster, a suprisingly good story mode and a unique mode that allows you to fight 3D while in 2D (if you played this version of SF4, i think you know what i'm talking about). I spend countless hours in this game, more so then any other 3DS game i have so far (Pokemon Y is reaching it though). One of my all time favorite fighters. Expand
  6. Mar 14, 2013
    If when you think "handheld fighting" you imagine half-assed ports of better games, think again. Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition is the real deal, featuring a massive number of playable characters and a complete roster of moves.

Yes, there are less animations, which can be especially disappointing when you're fighting in front of a non-moving, open-mouthed hippo. But even that is
    easily overlooked in face of how smooth a transition this is.

The main problems of the game are actually the ones present in every version: uninspired bonus stages (mere rehashes of the SFII original ones, which weren't thrilling to begin with), illustrations featuring grossly exaggerated muscles, a few bad storylines. Of course, these are all details, and none of it is ever going to dampen the sheer amount of fun to be had from the best fighting game to be ever released on a handheld.
  7. Mar 8, 2013
    This is a good port, but not great. I have played the pc version and the xbox version and they are far superior. The graphics here seem dead and frozen and the character models are okay, but not amazing. The big advantage here is the portability, so if that's important to you, then this is worth it. multiplayer is very under developed and not rewarding, so don't count on it alot.
  8. Feb 21, 2013
    This is a good fighter game, and I think a 7 is a bit low... but an 8 is too high. I got this after already having DOA: Dimensions, and the latter is definitely better in my opinion. The backgrounds in the fights don't move, and the fighting is very simplistic. Once again, these are just my feelings after having played DOA for much longer. It's a solid fighting game though, and online mode is enjoyable. Expand
  9. Jan 12, 2013
    This game is really good, i love playing this game on the train or bus and the online is also very fun. The game also looks great on the 3DS. SSF4 is by far one of the best fighting games on the 3DS.
  10. Nov 20, 2012
    A solid fighting game, nonetheless it's a downgrade from its console counterparts and since the WFC its not the best for supporting frantic multiplayer, you will experience most of the times some lag.
  11. Nov 17, 2012
    A fighting game worth buying ! It has incredible graphics and 3D effect is marvelous ! The online multiplayer is great ! Nothing more to be expected then a good old side scrolling fighting game !
  12. Aug 11, 2012
    The game is fantastic, dynamic 3D view mode is very detailed. The attacks look great and should not envy anything to the home console editions. Yoked so that this game is not perfect is that scenarios are not very detailed.
  13. Jul 4, 2012
    This is a good game, mainly because I'm not a "traditional street fighter player" and know like no moves", so they added moves for the touch screen, which is good. But unfortunately I've gotten bored of it because I'm bad at multiplayer and none of my friends have this game.
  14. May 15, 2012
    This game is the best portable fighting game to date. Although the game has forced touch controls, you still have the same game from the PS3/360 at the palm of your hands. Not to mention the great online and the fact that the game is in 3D. This is a must have for 3DS owners.
  15. Apr 12, 2012
    Super street fighter IV: 3D edition is an amazing fighting game with brilliant graphics & 3D, cool bonus features (including: barrel smashing and car smashing), lots of different modes (including: arcade mode, versus mode, 3D versus mode, challenge mode and more!), really good streetpass and great multi-player!
  16. Mar 23, 2012
    It is incredible to see a port like this in a portable device, especially because it does look almost identical to its HD counterparts!... The game is extremely addictive. Has by far one of the best portable online service... Achievements, Challenges and a lot of stuff to keep you busy!
  17. Feb 22, 2012
    Epic version of the game for the 3ds. Even though there is some lag on online play, it's understandable just like in all online games since online experience greatly depends on numerous factors. I traded my pilotwings resort for this game and I don't regret it.
  18. Dec 25, 2011
    The best fighting game on the 3DS. Graphically it looks alright and the 3D effect is used nicely. The fighting mechanics feel fluid and smooth. The addition of combo button commands on the touch screen make this a game that's easy to pick up and challenge others quickly. The online aspect is fantastic and you may immerse yourself in it for hours.
  19. Dec 13, 2011
    I think this a really good port for a handheld. 3DS has a good line up of good fighters on the system and this is one of the best they have so far. I have played a lot of hours on this game. It was the first game I picked up for the 3DS close to launch and I still think it is a great game. An awesome game for fighting genre fans.
  20. Nov 28, 2011
    this game is fun because you can fight with over 30 characters and battle in streetpass and sport pass and you can fight people around the world and collect stronger people and have fun
  21. Oct 27, 2011
    this game is pure addiction for the 3ds, has very good visuals, specially characters models and animation, easy controls lots of characters and online mode also i liked a lot its a 9 for me but i want to rise the average score
  22. Sep 19, 2011
    This game blew my eyes when I first started it up - it really shows off what the 3DS is capable of. Though perhaps not the best game to use the 3D effects even though they look good. Huge character selections, solid controls and some intense online fighting, you can't go wrong with this one. My only problem is having my hands cramp up while I play this, but then again, I have big hands, so I can't really knock the game on that one. Expand
  23. Aug 28, 2011
    Super street fighter 4 on the go? yes please! Capcom did a really good job porting over their awesome fighting game to the 3ds. the only reason I'm not giving it a 10 is because i have trouble pulling off the moves with the d-pad sometimes and miss the joystick support of the 360.
  24. Jul 30, 2011
    It's Super Street Fighter 4, except portable. SSF4 is a great game, though the 3DS' analog stick isn't as accurate as a console's controler. The new figure collection feature is nice, and the game comes pre-loaded with the costume DLC. The biggest drawback is the once lively backgrounds have been turned into still frames.
  25. Jun 25, 2011
    After DOA and Blazblue came out, this still is the best fighting game for 3DS. From the arcade mode to the streetpass figurine challenges, playing this game never gets tiring.
  26. Jun 14, 2011
    This game got me in to fighting games. I used to hate them.
    Starting out with this game I was using the touchscreen buttons for the combos but slowly over time learned to execute all the combos the old fashioned way. I love this game so much I went out and got it along with an arcade stick for my 360.
    Can't wait for Street Fighter x Tekken!
  27. Jun 12, 2011
    SSF4 is an amazing port, with all the features of the original console version. All the challenges are there, and this version even packs in all the alternate costume packs that were available for purchase on the console versions. The graphics are brilliant, with only the backgrounds suffering from lowered textures, and also becoming static, but to be honest, does that really matter? You don't play fighting games for the background. The online works brilliantly, ditching the friend codes, and letting you play against anyone online almost instantly. There's always someone online, and you can set what type of people you want to play against in the menu, I.e, Amateur, Semi-pro. You can also collect figures of the characters to fight them against other players figures. The fights take place through Street Pass, and happen almost instantly. You get FP, the points used to get more figures, by playing Arcade Mode, fighting other people in Street Pass, or playing Online.

If you've got a 3DS, or are planning to get one soon, SSF4 3D is one of the best launch games available.
  28. Jun 11, 2011
    Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition is a very good game. It has everything that is needed to make a good Street Fighter game. The 3D effect, while not needed to be up to the system's max, is not the greatest that could have been done, but when it is used, provides a nice addition to the game. The online functionality is very good, allowing for quick matchups and custom matchups. The controls are smooth and seamless, while being inviting to newer players. They may need to take some time and check things out, both in the game and in the manual, but it is a very good game. Though it has some minor bumps that could have been fixed and prepared for that launch, it is, overall, a great game. Expand
  29. Jun 5, 2011
    I've never played the console versions so i don't have anything to compare it to, but this game is really good. I wouldn't say that this game is a 10 though like other reviewers have. it is a good game and was probably the best launch title available. the character roster is massive. I've never even heard of some of these characters before playing this game. the best part is that the old classic character are also in this game. my old favorites from the super Nintendo. i recommend this game to fans of fighting games everywhere. if you don't like fighting games why are you even reading this review? Expand
  30. Jun 1, 2011
    Most people are in agreement that Super Street Fighter IV is one of, if not the strongest titles for the 3DS right now. This game is a perfect demonstration of what the 3DS is capable of, and how much fun the console is in general.

Super Street Fighter IV is pure eye candy on the 3DS. The graphics look amazing and the 3D is executed beautifully. This game should right away assuage
    any doubts people may have about the capabilities of the 3DS. Moreover, the game is extremely fun and addicting.

The traditional arcade mode will match you up against opponents until you reach Seth, a weird alien sort of guy who absorbs everyoneâ
  31. May 15, 2011
    Very good port of a very good game. Street Fighter 4 was a huge update for the series, and Super Street Fighter 4 added even more content to what was already good.
    The commands feel just right, and it's surprisingly easy to land special attacks. And it's a handheld fighting game we are talking about here. The 3D effect was very well used and looks beautiful in the 3D Versus mode, with an
    alternate camera angle.
    While the Story-Mode gets old, with a pretty cheap boss(especially at higher difficulty levels), the game has virtually infinite replay value, with online play. And the Street Pass feature is an interesting way to boost one's ego by beating randoms with their strategically assembled team.
    From my point of view, there are two major downsides in the game, which hold me from giving it a max score. The easy operation way of using the touch-screen should've had some sort of delay for using some special attacks. It makes it pretty annoying to face a Guile online, with the combination of latency and Sonic Boom/Flash Kick spam. Easily countered by changing the fight setup, thankfully. And the other downside, is the fact that we can't choose the spoken language from the characters. The English voices for some characters sound terribly overworked, and get old really fast. Get ready to hear things like "I'll get my revenge" or "Profound sadness" as KO speech from some characters.
    All around a great game, recommended to anyone with a 3DS.
  32. May 7, 2011
    For an old fan, Street Fighter might not possess and stand up to the hype due to lack of change from earlier versions, but if your a new player, and you need something to keep you going on your 3DS, this could provide you with 100 hours+ of brilliance and great engineering quality by Capcom.
  33. Apr 26, 2011
    Street Fighter 4 is a fun game for the 3DS. worth buying and has online multiplayer. There's no blood and the visuals are quite impressive. I've never played sf4 before but this is quite good. An excellent modern edition of street fighter. The graphics are great and its really fun playing against people online.
  34. Apr 25, 2011
    I played this game on 360 and found it pleasing and a fun online title, then i got my 3ds and decided to give it a go on my new console. Visually its amazing and the fighting feels almost intact except for it felt a little less fluid but thats understandable. But the spoiler of it all was LITE control mode which allows new users to tap the touch screen to repeatedly pull of advanced moves...this is good and well but not one person uses the PRO mode online so you get matches where someone will just sit there tapping their touch screen constantly so it becomes not a test of skill or a fight it becomes who can spam their touchscreen the fastest doing the same move over and over. I saw the option to accept only people to fight using PRO mode (non lite mode) but when i searched for someone to VS there was not one single person...i tried for a week and got 2 matches after searching for ages (one of which disconnected before he lost) so i took this game to the store and traded it in. CAPCOM should have made lite mode for offline only so ppl could not exploit it like this, so all in all if you want to play single player this is a great game but if you want multi...stick to PC, 360 or PS3 for this one. (unless you enjoy trying to out-spam your opponent) Expand
  35. Apr 20, 2011
    Great conversion, but in 3d mode the game only have 30 fps, and the backgrounds doesn´t have animations.

Great online, but I think n3ds could do it better!.
  36. Apr 17, 2011
    Probably the best launch game - which isn't saying much, but to say this is my first Street Fighter game I've properly owned I still found it an enjoyable experience. I've heard this version is quite simplistic from others in terms of pulling of moves, and I have to agree - from others I've played it's a much easier to control game - which isn't always great for most - the complexity of each of the character's attacks is what made the series so appealing to many but the automatic touch screen controls do bring newcomers more up to snuff with the big boys, which makes pros who've spent long hours mastering each technique a little cheesed off understandably - but for someone like me I had little quarrel and did try and not just to keep spamming the ultra-powerful moves and I did try and learn to play it properly! All the features and modes do work well though, it's a solid port from the current home consoles and the 3D effect does give a good (if subtle) effect. If you didn't like any of the other street fighters, little is going to change your view - as expected, the formula is pretty unchanged. But it's the best pick up and play game yet - and it's one most/everyone should have as their number 1 launch game. Expand
  37. Apr 11, 2011
    Street Fighter fans can't do much better than this. On the small screen of the 3DS, the graphics are missing nearly nothing from it's console cousin, save movement in the backgrounds, but you're not playing this game to stare at the backgrounds. With the 3D effect turned on, the graphics almost seems to sharpen a bit, and characters look like tiny action figures inside the screen. The graphics also seem to run very smoothly all the time. This game seems to sound rich as well and features many different modes and challenges to satisfy whatever you're into at the time. I was particularly surprised at how well the online play seems to work. In many matches (played over DSL), the game only sputtered once, but it was barely noticeable. The rest of the matches seemed on par with something you'd expect to play on Xbox Live; very smooth and consistent. My only quam is that, for me, both the analog slider and D-pad feel like a bit of a compromise; but that is more of a hardware knock than Capcom's fault. In close, I would say that if you have or are going to have a shiny new 3DS, and don't absolutely hate Street Fighter, buy this game and don't look back. It's great. Expand
  38. Apr 4, 2011
    If you're the proud owner of a shiny 3DS, this is the game to showcase what the system is capable of. SSF4: 3D Edition is easily the best looking launch title on Nintendo's new handheld. In fact, you'd be hard pressed to find many differences between this port and its home console predecessors. About the only visual difference is the lack of animated backgrounds.

If you've played a Street
    Fighter title in the past two decades, you'll be able to jump right in with no difficulty. But, Capcom has added a 'Lite' control mode for those of you out there with no prior experience with Ryu and company. 'Lite' allows players to configure and map certain special moves (Supers, Ultras etc.) to the 3DS' touchscreen. The result is a fighting game for both the hardcore and relative noobs. SSF4: 3D Edition takes what made the home console versions great and adds in a welcome dose of accessibility for fighting newbies. Great stuff. Expand
  39. Mar 28, 2011
    This is my very first review for a handheld game, but better yet, its a review for a game on the newest handheld, the 3DS. The 3DS launch lineup really is a weak one, but the good news is that there are more games coming, and really goods ones too. Luckily, Super Street Fighter IV 3D is here to keep us busy until the good games come out. SSF4 really is the 3DS's best game right now, since games like Steel Diver and Pilotwings Resort havn't been getting good reviews. But this review isn't really about the new handheld, its about the game itself. So let's get started. The game is pretty much the same game as the console version of SSF4 on 360 and PS3. You've got Arcade Mode, which is the mode where you choose a character and go through a quick story sequence. You have VS Mode, where you can fight other players online or the computer. SSF4 really is an enjoyable game on the 3DS, in my opinion more enjoyable than the console versions. The thing that people complain about though is that it requires a little less skill than the console versions, because of the touch screen. The touch screen has short cut buttons to use your characters specials without having to figure out the button order and combos. In my opinion, that's a good thing. Because the fact that it's easier and requires just a bit less skill will actually attract more fans to the Street Fighter series, while hardcore fans can play the game normally with button combos without using the touch screen at all, since the touch screen is completely optional. But before everyone thinks, "WHAT! Touch screen controls? You mean with the stupid stylus?" You play the game with the normal buttons, and can activate a special by pressing a part of the touch screen with your finger, no stylus required. But what about the key feature to the new system itself, 3D? And how does it work with SSF4? Amazing. It's almost like you're looking in a window and watching the action in front of you, the 3D in this game is done better than any 3D movie I've ever seen. And of course, no glasses required. Amazing. I'll admit, after playing for about 30 minutes, I started getting a bit of eye strain from the 3D effect, but it wasn't too bad. After about a 10 minute break, I was fine, and I went right back into the game in 3D. But of course if the eye strain is too much for you, you can always turn the 3D off, or just adjust the 3D effect to your liking, so it gives a nice 3D effect, but hurts less. However, one advantage the 3DS version has over the console versions is the new 3D VS mode. The view on the battlefield is changed to a over the shoulder view of your character, kinda like DBZ Budokai Tenkaichi, except it's not a 360 enviorement. Obviously, this mode was added to take advantage of the 3D effect, and it works pretty well, but it can be alittle confusing at first. I personally preffer 2D mode in 3D, it's more classic, and isn't confusing. And the 3D effect is still great in 2D VS.As far as characters go, you get all the characters from the console versions, including the new characters that were added in the Super version, which is why it's called SUPER Street Fighter IV, not just Street Fighter IV. Overall, I'm not a big fan of fighting games, neither have I ever really cared about Street Fighter. But this game is a good exception. What really impresses me about this game is how they could port a 360/PS3 game to a handheld at all, and not only port it, but add more to it without downgrading the graphics. The fact that the 3DS got a port of a home console game from this generation pretty much shows what the 3DS is capable of. The 3DS, without a doubt, is far superior to that of the PSP, in graphics, power, and features. If you thought the graphics on the PSP were beautiful, wait til you see the graphics on the 3DS, WITH 3D!! Overall, Super Street Fighter IV is a nice launch game for the 3DS, and will definitely keep you busy until all the big 3DS monsters come out later this year. If you're getting a 3DS, SSF4 might just be your best choice for a first 3DS game. Super Street Fighter IV gets an 8/10. Expand
  40. Mar 28, 2011
    This is the launch title to have for the 3DS. The best handheld fighter I have ever played. The backgrounds and characters look great and the 3D effects are some of the best of all the launch games. The ability to map 4 moves to the touch screen make pulling off your ultra combos easier since the four face button and two shoulder buttons are not ideal for Street Fighter in general but after playing for a bit you hardly care. Huge playable roster of characters and smooth controls round this title off nicely a certain must have for the 3DS early adopters. Expand
  41. Mar 28, 2011
    SSF4 looks amazing on the 3ds and i can't stop playing it. Its great in short bursts and the online is fantastic! The 3d effect suits the game well and the controls are very easy to learn.
  42. Mar 27, 2011
    True to form, Street Fighter 4 3D is addictive, fun and the 3d works really well. Despite its average graphics in the console realm, SSF4 looks great on the 3DS, really proving its new processing power. Of all the games on the launch lineup, SSF4 and Ghost Recon are by far the best. The controls translate well to the 3DS and fights are smooth and really fun to look at, not to mention that the tilted camera angle shows off the 3D really well. Collapse
  43. Mar 27, 2011
    Graphically, this game showcases the power of the 3DS and the fact that it is basically the same exact game as it's PS3 and XBox 360 counterparts is a true accomplishment. However, one thing holds this game back, and that is the 3DS's design itself. Since Street Fighter is my favorite game series I figured that even if the controls were not up to par that I would at least enjoy the game. The problem is, half of the fun of this game series is mastering the input required to unleash your moves and combos, and with the 3DS's controller layout it is simply not fun. As a casual gamer, the touchscreen can make up for that fact but even then every character is severely limited which takes away much of your options. If you're a casual fan who is just picking this up to mash some buttons and beat up on some people, add a point or 2 to this score because at least the core game is solid. But as a hardcore fan who has played Street Fighter for 20 years, this was a day one return for me simply because of how uncomfortable it is to play. Expand
  44. Mar 27, 2011
    This is a must have for anybody with a 3ds, the new contents makes it worth picking up. The 3d effects are amazing even when your playing in normal mode, it adds great depth to the game. it's not perfect but it's the best of the line up.
  45. Mar 27, 2011
    Super Street Fighter IV is an arcade like fighting game. It was on the 360 and PS3 and Now on the 3DS. If your going to buy a game for the first time on the 3DS then this is the game for you, It has a lot of lifespan and great online. The graphics are very impressive in the game, but they are tuned down because the 3DS can produced HD, and there are costs, no animated backgrounds but that is very minor in my point of view. The online mode is great, you can choose your character and fight other people from around the world and even better, on the go. I did have some lag in certain games but that is very minor. The controls are easy to learn, if your a newcomer then you can use the touch pad to press some moves that were hard to do on the consoles. Or you can turn it off and play like a pro. The 3D effects are not that much, it does work but you are pressing buttons and you will have a hard time looking at the 3D effect. I recommend that you don't use it, but that's up to you.
    SSFIV does have it's issues but this one of the best games to have at launch. A fantastic game.
  46. Mar 27, 2011

1. Dec 12, 2011
    As of the writing of this, Super Street Fighter IV: 3D is the best title that I've had the privilege to play for the system. Not only are the fights fast paced and enjoyable, but the use of 3DS features such as Streetpass show some promise and the in game figure collection/battle system is something that is sure to keep people engaged for some time.
  2. Oct 20, 2011
    A fast and pretty arcade beat 'em up. You can do several hard special moves just by touching the lower screen, but that's fine, since you can't use an arcade stick. [May 2011]
  3. May 22, 2011
    This is easily the best title in the 3DS launch lineup, and it's proof that the potential is there for the slow-starting system.