5.7

1. Feb 16, 2012
    I was looking forward to Tekken on 3DS. Unfortunately, it's a huge disappointment . The game is lacking any single player options. There are just survival and versus modes. No real arcade mode, no story mode, no tag mode, no funny modes like volleyball. All characters are unlocked from the beginning, so there is no motivation to play the game. No character customization, no intro/outroI was looking forward to Tekken on 3DS. Unfortunately, it's a huge disappointment . The game is lacking any single player options. There are just survival and versus modes. No real arcade mode, no story mode, no tag mode, no funny modes like volleyball. All characters are unlocked from the beginning, so there is no motivation to play the game. No character customization, no intro/outro videos for characters, nothing. The only thing you are receiving in survival mode are the cards for the StreetPass mode. Cards are mostly screen shots from the movie, and there is no reason to collect these - just pictures, no game included with them like was in SSFIV3D with figures.
    Multiplayer options are also limited, friend and ranked match. But even friend match cannot be customized much (ie. no handicap), and the menu is not really user friendly as you do not see if the other player is changing the character or confirmed rematch between matches. And what's even worse - the online mode is lagging all the time even when there are just few players playing at this time. And I should also mention that 3D is not working in multiplayer.
    It's so sad, because the gameplay itself is great. It's Tekken on handheld. Graphics are great, sounds are great, 3D effect (in single player) is nice. But there is nothing to play.

There is also a "3D" movie - Tekken: Blood Vengeance - included in a package. But the 3D effect is not visible there, only thing in 3D are the subtitles. Also, when you pause the movie and exit it the game does not remember the position after you return to it and is starting from the beginning. Which is annoying on a handheld device.

Overall, Tekken 3D Prime Edition is not worth the full price. It's not a game. It's just a tech-demo.
  2. Feb 23, 2012
    The single player aspect was lost in this version of Tekken. This could have been so much more with a good story mode. Instead you get Quick Battle mode and absolutely no CG cut scenes that made the Tekken series shine. The graphics are really sharp and the 3d does work well for this game. I give it a five due to the fact that there is not much of a single player experience here.
  3. Mar 19, 2012
    There was absolutely almost no effort put into Tekken 3D : Prime Edition.
    The content in this game is little.
    **** there is not even an Arcade mode.
    No Arcade mode in a 2D fighting game is like a KFC that doesnt sell chicken.
    The game is only saved by its gameplay and graphics
    The gameplay is great and so is the graphics
  4. Feb 23, 2012
    This game needs a single player mode. There is no incentive to play this game. I want the satisfaction of playing through arcade mode and unlocking a new character or unlocking a cut scene involving the character I just fought through the arcade mode with.
  5. Feb 15, 2012
    I waited a long time for a new Tekken to hit a Nintendo System and the wait was worth it! Very nice graphics and frame rate, huge choice of contestants and still the same perfect fighting formula of Tekken. I can't rate the multiplayer as I still have to test it, but I guess fighting online will be awesome. My only concern is the lack of modes and the lack or video replays. If you loveI waited a long time for a new Tekken to hit a Nintendo System and the wait was worth it! Very nice graphics and frame rate, huge choice of contestants and still the same perfect fighting formula of Tekken. I can't rate the multiplayer as I still have to test it, but I guess fighting online will be awesome. My only concern is the lack of modes and the lack or video replays. If you love Tekken, you wont be disappointed with this title. Expand
  6. Mar 20, 2013
    Tekken 3D is little more than a showcase of how to get a game to run a 60 FPS in 3D. From the start I was hesitant about this due to the rumored sized of 3DS cartridges being quite small I initially though a game being included was a bit much. I was in fact right and the only way to describe this game is all style no substance. I had Tekken 6 on the PS3 and PSP and can say if the PSP canTekken 3D is little more than a showcase of how to get a game to run a 60 FPS in 3D. From the start I was hesitant about this due to the rumored sized of 3DS cartridges being quite small I initially though a game being included was a bit much. I was in fact right and the only way to describe this game is all style no substance. I had Tekken 6 on the PS3 and PSP and can say if the PSP can fit so much into a game and run well why then can't more adavanced hardware?! It feels somewhat lazy the fact that Bandai Namco have only bothered to put one mode worth bothering with and even that is lackluster (Its a survival mode). As soon as you boot the game up and enter into the game section of it (not the movie) you begin to see the cracks form as this game becomes nothing more than an act of self-pleasure as Bandai Namco look at the graphics and say 'oooh pretty graphics!'. But its not all bad. The 3D effect is good and the combat hardly slows down, giving the fast, fluid combat Tekken players are used to. But in the end this just feels like another port of Tekken 6 and stripped of features that even the PSP version included its extremely lazy. Gameplay: 4 -Good for a couple of hours at most but you'll get bored extremely fast unless you have friends online to play with or locally. The lack of game modes is truly unforgivable and the customisation the series has gained momentum with is nowhere to be seen.
    Graphics: 7.5 The graphics them self are great for a 3DS game but are certainly nothing magnificent considering the cutting of multiple modes to make it look nice. Presentation: 3 Menus are extremely boring and dull to traverse through and there just really is nothing special or eye catching about the way its presented as a whole that hasn't been done before. Lasting Appeal and Longevity: 1 Unless you are the most diehard Tekken fan ever who must train everywhere they go avoid this game. Or better yet if you have a PSP, PS3, Xbox 360 or hell even a PS2 to boot up a Tekken on do not get this edition as it brings nothing new to the table and lacks content which should be there, they tried to bake a cake but failed to add the eggs. P.S. The film is decent at most I would say give this a rental if you don't have a PS3 (If you do get Tekken Hybrid which is bundled with the much better Tekken Tag Tournament and Tekken Tag Tournament 2 prologue.)
  7. Mar 25, 2012
    Tekken 3D Prime Edition is disappointing. That's the only way I can sum such a lazy and unoriginal port up. No single player story, no incentivised content outside collectible cards, (with admittedly admirable attempts at using streetpass) lagging and anaemic multiplayer options, no new characters. There's just no real selling point to 3D Prime Edition for true Tekken fans. But the gameTekken 3D Prime Edition is disappointing. That's the only way I can sum such a lazy and unoriginal port up. No single player story, no incentivised content outside collectible cards, (with admittedly admirable attempts at using streetpass) lagging and anaemic multiplayer options, no new characters. There's just no real selling point to 3D Prime Edition for true Tekken fans. But the game does redeem itself for actually portraying a decent Tekken game within its gameplay and graphics. Though stages are few and far too repetitive, the grapphics themselves are true to what we've come to know from Tekken games. The gameplay also retains the fast paced juggles and relentless grapple moves we've come to know. In short T3DPE is a good Tekken game wrapped up in a lazy, docile and derivative port. Not even the free Tekken Blood Vengeance short film can save such a meagre offering. Expand
  8. Dec 27, 2013
    tekken 3D might interest some people by letting you play tekken on the go but trust me: this game is awful. theres only 2 modes so you'll run out of things to do quick and the collectable cards aren't a good reason to keep on playing since they're completely useless. the best part about this game is the movie. which is so bad its amazing.
  9. Jul 13, 2012
    This is the first Tekken game that I have played. It has (what could be) the best gameplay in a fighting game that I have ever played. But there is one major problem: it has no single player modes to go with it. The lack of any kind of arcade mode is really quite astonoshing and really makes the game worse than it could've been. I haven't seen the movie that comes with it, but I hear itThis is the first Tekken game that I have played. It has (what could be) the best gameplay in a fighting game that I have ever played. But there is one major problem: it has no single player modes to go with it. The lack of any kind of arcade mode is really quite astonoshing and really makes the game worse than it could've been. I haven't seen the movie that comes with it, but I hear it isn't that great. The online and multi-player modes are good, what you'd expect, but you'd at least think they'd let someone choose to play it in 3D (which is actually very good), I'd rather have it in 3D than 60fps. Overall, it's clearly a very good fighting game, but the lack of any kind of arcade mode (or just more single player modes) really was not a good decision on Namco's part. It is a decent alternative to Street Fighter or Dead or Alive, but either of those two will offer more value for money. Expand
  10. Jun 16, 2012
    Sure it moves fast (60 fps If I'm not mistaken), even when the 3-D is on. But NAMCO seems to be making a conversion with the least amount of effort. Soul Calibur V is a great fighter but with minimal amount of extras. Tekken 3-D feels like a 'lazy conversion', with the TEKKEN animated movie (which is of average quality) included. If you want Tekken on the go, then get this game. CasualSure it moves fast (60 fps If I'm not mistaken), even when the 3-D is on. But NAMCO seems to be making a conversion with the least amount of effort. Soul Calibur V is a great fighter but with minimal amount of extras. Tekken 3-D feels like a 'lazy conversion', with the TEKKEN animated movie (which is of average quality) included. If you want Tekken on the go, then get this game. Casual fans, beware. Expand
  11. Feb 24, 2012
    First, let me say this game has great gameplay tthat rivals that of the console editions. However, there is MANY things that hold it back drastically. First, the game lacks polish and the bottom screen seems very... bare and the graphics are ok, but aren't up to standard of Street Fighter 3d of Dead Or Alive Dimensions. There is a lack of modes, and there isn't even a regular vs mode ORFirst, let me say this game has great gameplay tthat rivals that of the console editions. However, there is MANY things that hold it back drastically. First, the game lacks polish and the bottom screen seems very... bare and the graphics are ok, but aren't up to standard of Street Fighter 3d of Dead Or Alive Dimensions. There is a lack of modes, and there isn't even a regular vs mode OR training mode. Also, the "Cards" given for winning battles are boring and serve absolutely no point. Finally, online play sucks due to constant lag. Beware this game, I might not even recommend rent. Expand
  12. Aug 6, 2013
    I played lots of Tekken-Games. This is the most bad Tekken, I've ever played. In the Singleplayer-mode there is hardly something to do. No Character to unlock neither Stages. The only thing you can unlock are some kind of "Trading Cards", which won't help you at all.
    The Fighting-system is excellent. And the Multiplayer-Mode also is pretty nice. But a Beat em up like Tekken should be a "Long-Time-Game". I played it 5 hours and I've seen pretty much everything.
  13. Jul 9, 2014
    Think about it like Tekken 6, except, minus the things FROM Tekken 6. It still has all of the characters from that game, but no costume customization, significantly less modes, & the worst online, I've ever seen for a game. The 3D in this game is probably the best I've ever seen! Possibly better than Pilotwings Resort! Just..... don't watch the movie.

1. Apr 16, 2012
    It's a Tekken game, but stripped bare. That's all anyone ever really needs to know.
  2. Mar 24, 2012
    There's next to nothing for solo brawlers to do. [Issue#120, p.108]
    The competition exceeds this utterly unnecessary game in all aspects. Meatless games are not a main course anymore. [March 2012]