8.9

1. Jan 2, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. A very solid workman like entry in the Zelda series. A Link Between Worlds does nothing to irritate the player. It won't bore you with endless talking or interrupt your fun with monotonous cutscenes. Nor will it frustrate you with gimmicky control schemes. ALBW just let's you get on and play. Sensible design choices are made throughout, controls are tight and responsive. Being able to turn into a 2D drawing is an inspired gameplay mechanic which adds new dimensions to the games puzzles and exploration.

In theory it's the perfect Zelda game but there's no mistaking the undeniable stench of over familiarity. Dungeons feel indistinct. The art style is needlessly childish and in a post Dark Souls gaming landscape the low difficulty and lack of punishment means boss fights lack drama.
  2. Jul 21, 2014
    Had this game been made by someone other than Nintendo and if all the characters in the game looked different and it had a different hero who was named something other than Link and the princess was not named Zelda but everything else played the same and looked just as good there would be no negative reviews of this game.
    It's a victim of it's own franchise's success.
    ALBW is a pretty
    It's a victim of it's own franchise's success.
    ALBW is a pretty good game. It's just not a great Zelda game, imho. Why? It's not challenging due to puzzling dungeons, nearly every item is available from the beginning which means there is no real reward for exploring/solving the dungeons other that releasing a sage, you can rent all the items fairly cheap (50 to 100 rupees each). This means you'll have tons of rupees as they're everywhere and you never need to purchase the items unless you want to. The witch with the broom makes it easy and fast to travel anywhere on the map once you've traveled there. This reduces the sense of exploration and the chance to discover hidden items; oh wait, their aren't any. At least not any you''ll need to beat the game due to it's simplicity. The game can be saved near every dungeon and tons of other locations. No chance to forget to save as the weather vanes spin and chirp reminding you to save before and after most accomplishments. The bosses are simple(use main item required for entrance to dungeon, slash with sword; repeat). Each dungeon shows you what item is needed to beat it and the boss before you enter. Aside from it being the easiest Zelda game I've played it's still enjoyable. There's not much new here to discover. It's as if Nintendo made a new shinier version of ALTTP for the new generation of gamer who frowns on extensive exploration, experimentation and punishing puzzles and dungeons. It is basically a carbon copy of it's predecessor made much easier to complete. It does retain SOME of the better features of ALTTP. The controls are tight, music and sound effects are top notch. Art design is beautiful in a retro/modern type of way. Just enough story to keep the action moving along.
    If you've never played a Zelda title(especially ALTTP) then this would by all means be a decent game. However many Zelda aficionados will tell you it is too simple, too easy, too basic, too much like ALTTP to be a good game.
    Wrong. It is a good game. It's just an easy game. It's often more challenging to die than not to. Seriously, I'm not kidding. Just put on that new tunic and you'll see.
    It's just not a great Zelda game. There is no real steep challenge, no iconic moment, no great plot twist, no new mechanics except for the 2d painted Link mode which sadly could have been used to much greater effect. It is mostly nothing more than a gimmick to get you in between Lorule and Hyrule. With some better level design and the ability to move vertically as well as on more types of surfaces including the ground this could have been another defining moment for the Zelda franchise. Instead it adds almost nothing new or refreshing to it.There is no epic boss battle or dungeon and no truly memorable evil threat that most die hard Zelda fans have come to expect. Just a lot of really well put together,albeit familiar, components that create an enjoyable overly safe little world. Even if this world isn't very hostile, menacing or challenging it's still worth checking out.
    Game Score 7.5 Zelda Score 6
  3. Jan 10, 2014
    Twenty-two years after the release of the beloved Legend of Zelda: A Link to The Past, its sequel A Link Between Worlds finally sees the light of day. In this outing, we see link set out to return the land of Hyrule back to normal after Yuga, this entry's Ganondorf turns the seven sages along with Zelda into paintings.

This entry in the series gets a lot right: no tutorial phase to

This entry in the series gets a lot right: no tutorial phase to waste your time, a new and much-appreciated fast-travel system, and most interesting of all, an item shop containing all the items previously attainable only through dungeon-crawling. Though this may seem like a misstep at first, rest assured, it's a very welcome addition. Without each dungeon being gated by items, the game takes a more open approach, allowing players to tackle each dungeon in any order he or she chooses, at his or her own pace.

While this approach makes the worlds of Hy- an Lorule feel much less game-y, it also means that there isn't much incentive driving the next dungeon crawl. While the abundance of smaller chests packed with rupees helped to combat this somewhat, I couldn't shake the feeling that most dungeons were an uninspired grind. Absent of any challenge or character, each new dungeon felt more like a set of simple obstacle courses than a challenging set of puzzles leading up to a harrowing boss-fight. In fact, most bosses felt quite lifeless, with the only challenge being how fast you can mash the sword button.

And finally, I must make mention of the new 2D mechanic that allows link to become a painting on a wall, opening up new methods of traversal. Though seemingly interesting at first, it turns out the mechanic is but a gimmick in execution. It is but an overused mode of traversal with little depth. Look for the platform against the wall, walk across the wall to the other platform, rinse, repeat.

Though the latest entry into the Zelda franchise offers a pretty experience with some thoughtful touches, when you get right down to it, it's just another by-the-numbers Zelda game with even less of the well-loved challenge and thought that its predecessors had. A 6 out of 10.

From Polygon: Games with a score of six have good parts, but uneven overall execution. Prospective players should know what they’re getting into before they dedicate time and commitment.
  4. Mar 17, 2014
    I was excited to play this game, because I'm a big fan of 2D Zelda games and the idea of one on 3DS sounded awesome. Unfortunately this game offers far more nostalgia for LTTP than actual game. 1) The dungeons were fun, but they never progressed much in difficulty or length. 2) The tools sucked. Seriously they are just the tools from LTTP and 2 tools from Spirit Tracks they changed aI was excited to play this game, because I'm a big fan of 2D Zelda games and the idea of one on 3DS sounded awesome. Unfortunately this game offers far more nostalgia for LTTP than actual game. 1) The dungeons were fun, but they never progressed much in difficulty or length. 2) The tools sucked. Seriously they are just the tools from LTTP and 2 tools from Spirit Tracks they changed a little. 3) The wall thing wasn't very cool and didn't add much to dungeon puzzle solving, because it was so limited. Overall, not a bad game, but I think its not as good as other handheld Zeldas like Minish Cap or Spirit Tracks and it doesn't hold a candle to LTTP and needs to stop being so tediously derivative of it. Expand
  5. Dec 3, 2013
    I waited so long and this was a big disappointment. While I enjoyed that it was a sequel to a Link to the Past, one of my favorites, the game was way too easy. Dungeons were very short (just a few rooms and floors) and you did not need any fairies or potions because the game was that easy. I blew through the game, side quests and all in 3 days. That's really bad. Zelda games used to keepI waited so long and this was a big disappointment. While I enjoyed that it was a sequel to a Link to the Past, one of my favorites, the game was way too easy. Dungeons were very short (just a few rooms and floors) and you did not need any fairies or potions because the game was that easy. I blew through the game, side quests and all in 3 days. That's really bad. Zelda games used to keep me occupied for a while, bringing me into the amazing world they created, feeling stumped on puzzles and trying like hell to beat it. This was a short, watered-down game for small children. Zelda gamers I feel will be disappointed with the brevity of the dungeons, way too easy gameplay and terrible simple storyline but will love the new feature that link can do with the "walls." Spirit tracks was much longer of a game and more challenging than this one. This was sadly, a big disappointment. I ended it feeling very unfulfilled. Expand
  6. Nov 23, 2013
    The game has a lot of things going for it. It's smooth as butter, has very tight controls and everything will feel familiar in an instant. The problems begin after a few hours in, when you're realizing how quickly you're breezing through the game. You can finish certain dungeons in under 15 minutes and each time you're hoping that the game is just preparing you for bigger things toThe game has a lot of things going for it. It's smooth as butter, has very tight controls and everything will feel familiar in an instant. The problems begin after a few hours in, when you're realizing how quickly you're breezing through the game. You can finish certain dungeons in under 15 minutes and each time you're hoping that the game is just preparing you for bigger things to come... but they never come. It's all just very very easy and over before you know it.

The new way of renting/purchasing items is "ok" but it opens up your path way too fast and makes everything within your reach with barely any proper challenges. There was no point in purchasing the items as I would never die any way although I did it just for the heck of it since you need to spend your rupees on something I guess. The mini games to earn pieces of hearts aren't that great either.

I guess by the time you finish the main game (10-12 hours) you will feel like it just wasn't worth the price you had to pay for it. Especially in Europe on the e-shop (44.99 euro!).

My advice: Get a cheaper retail copy for around 25 euro second hand if you are in no rush to play this. It's a decent game, but it was clearly rushed out the door.
  7. Nov 27, 2013
    When Nintendo officially announced that there would be a sequel to The Legend Of Zelda A Link To The Past more than 20 years after its original release I like many other people was ecstatic.

Knowing Nintendo I had High hopes for a game that would cater to both long time fans and newbiews of the series. Unfortunately the final product is what I think I can call my least favorite Zelda

Unfortunately the final product is what I think I can call my least favorite Zelda game to date. Long gone is that feeling of exploration, self discovery and character growth. What you get is a game that feels more like a parody Zelda title created by some fan in their garage. Zelda A Link between worlds is a sequel set 300 something years after the events of the first game, but Nintendo has done little to nothing to make it feel so.

With a world that is almost identical to its predecessor, there is almost nothing here for long time fans who want to explore this hyrule and to see more. If there is one key difference, it's that during the 300 something years that occurred between both games Link and his family must have interbred with goats because that's what this link looks like now.

In order to establish its own identity A link between worlds starts you off with the ability to rent every key item at the start of the game such as the hook shock, the boomerang, bombs, Bows and arrows, etc. This means no more rewarding sense of progression through exploration just pony up enough cash and all the items that normally require lots of effort to obtain are immediately yours. Their is some sense of risk. If you die anytime during the game all the items that you rented return to the store, however I was always careful and saved before going off into a dangerous place so as long as you save before entering a dungeon you'll be fine. If you don't then you will have to go through the annoying task of traversing all the way back to your home just so that you can rent them again. After you've beaten the first three dungeons you will be given the opportunity to buy these items indefinitely.

Just like in a link to the past you have a magic meter that drains over use, however unlike ALTTP magic is drained with everything you use. Everything meaning a simple swing of a hammer or throw of a boomerang will cast magic. So say you want to stock up on ammo and attack enemies repeatedly with a barrage of arrows bombs and just about anything else, you can't do that because instead of collecting these items you have an infinite amount of them to use at your leisure, but your magic gauge is not going to let you shoot more then a good 7 to 8 arrows before it depletes. Why does shooting an arrow drain your magic meter, why can I simply not pick up arrows and bombs like in any other Zelda game?

Sure your magic meter regenerates quickly but still your items should never be linked to a bar of energy, unless it's a game like Dark Souls where you have a stamina bar, but this isn't Dark Souls. This Zelda's biggest new feature is the ability to turn yourself into a painting and traverse walls. This ability uses magic energy and is extremely useful when traversing tight areas. Though it isn't used that often in combat. One boss fight requires you to time their attacks and then just as they're about to ram you turn into a painting to disorient them. For me though the lack of difficulty and memorable set pieces is what made this game a mediocre forgettable title.

I get the feeling that Nintendo has forgotten what it feels like to make a game hard as damn near every dungeon in this game I was able to beat on my first try in less than 45 minutes. For a Zelda games, that's pathetic.

Every dungeon in this game requires you to use one and only item to beat it. At the very beginning of the dungeon their is a symbol telling you what key item you need to use to complete it. After beating the dungeon and facing the boss instead of trying to find creative ways to beat it you just use the same item that you've been using for the entire level to defeat it.

Half the fun in any Zelda game for me at least is trying to figure out what combination of items are needed to beat a certain level. When the game flat out tells you that you only need one specific item to complete that entire ordeal it zaps away the joy.

There is a lot of stuff to do outside of the main quest that can be fun and adds replay value. Certain subplots like catching a thief to acquire shoes that let you run faster, collecting ore for a black smith to upgrade your sword, and wait does this seem familiar? It is it sounds like I'm talking about A Link To The Past Doesn't it. It's hard for a sequel to stand on its own to feet when its best moments are referencing it's predecessor.

If your a fan of the original game and want a true sequel then I recommend importing the game BS The Legend Of Zelda Ancient Stone Tablets for the Super Famicom, because A Link Between Worlds is not the game a true Zelda fan deserves.
  8. Dec 4, 2013
    First off, this is indeed a good game it would be unfair to immediately compare it to other titles in the franchise. On its own it's a solid 8/10. However as part of the Zelda franchise maybe it's because my previous experience was with Ocarina of Time 3D, but this new title falls horribly flat. OOT had this charm about it that even when you were stuck, you'd have something else to catchFirst off, this is indeed a good game it would be unfair to immediately compare it to other titles in the franchise. On its own it's a solid 8/10. However as part of the Zelda franchise maybe it's because my previous experience was with Ocarina of Time 3D, but this new title falls horribly flat. OOT had this charm about it that even when you were stuck, you'd have something else to catch up on, another attainable goal, something to kill time with until you figure out the next roadblock.

This new title is tedious all the way. When you're about to enter another dungeon and yet again notice there's this damn skill or item you didn't get yet, and have to scoot your butt across the damn map to get what's missing, or have to question every bloody NPC in a mile round radius to get your next damn clue, it's not fun anymore, it's like a chore. It's like homework.

You'll get your moments where the game does this less and becomes Zelda again for example when you embark successfully on a dungeon, things get cool. But as soon as you walk back out those doors... oh boy.

This one seemed to work for those who play the whole game in one sitting. I don't game like that. That's why I have a portable. I play in 15-30 minute bursts about 7-10 times a week. It's the time I have. This game's flow makes it virtually impossible to get on a roll at that pace, an sort of requires me to pull off a whole hour in one sitting... which shows something's wrong with the game.

Disappointed in this title big time. Also it looks like it's been wildly overrated even before its launch.

A really frustrating thing I'm told by ones who raved about this game: "So do like in the original and go there..." I didn't play the original. Was this game only designed for those who finished the SNES version? Really... and no, it doesn't feel like I'm exploring something new even without having played the SNES one. It just feels tedious and I wanna finish things as quickly as possible to get some fun playtime again in a dungeon.
  9. Jan 11, 2014
    An amazing new direction for zelda games to move in, but with some hiccups that naturally result from being rather different. The game feels very crisp in terms of movement and fighting, and the special items feel good to use.

In terms of the dungeons, because you don't get the special items in any particular order, instead of each dungeon sometimes having you use a previous dungeon's item as a way of adding complexity to a puzzle, each dungeon simply relies on just one particular special item and ignores the rest. I think it's a loss there, and they should have done more multi-item rooms and puzzles. As it is though, each dungeon feels sufficiently complex because of the wall-melding mechanic, and each dungeon gets you to think for a moment or two. Not too hard, but not too easy. Most of the dungeons require you to walk back over your own path at several points instead of simply clearing the whole dungeon room by room, which some folks might like or not like depending on their own style. Dungeon bosses aren't quite too hard to fight, but they do feel somewhat tense and it's pretty satisfying when you win and get that heart container.

Hyrule is almost an exact copy of the LTTP world. Lorule is almost a copy of the Dark World. It gives them a feeling of being already explored, even if you've never seen a particular area yet. Probably not a good route for them to have gone on that one. The map itself keeps a solid flow in terms of letting you get around from place to place without too much trouble. There's also weather vanes spread everywhere which are both the save points of the game and also the warp points.

The story is really standard for a zelda game, and kinda a shame at that. They use a blending of Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past's story, and you even end up in the Temple of Light after you save each princess. Natural perhaps, since it's supposed to be a sequel, but they probably could have come up with something better if they'd tried at all (I'm looking at Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask here).

Overall, it's a strong showing, and a good direction for Zelda games to turn towards. If future zelda games keep heading in this more open world metroidy direction instead of leading you by the nose all the time the series could be improved by a whole lot.
  10. Feb 10, 2014
    As a long-time Zelda fan, I must say that I found this game rather...underwhelming. I breezed through this game, even nabbing 25/28 pieces of heart and 90/100 of the other collectibles without any help whatsoever. No dungeon took me longer than an hour. I don't know if it's that I'm getting better or the game is easier than usual, but as a guy that reveres the Zelda series as the best ofAs a long-time Zelda fan, I must say that I found this game rather...underwhelming. I breezed through this game, even nabbing 25/28 pieces of heart and 90/100 of the other collectibles without any help whatsoever. No dungeon took me longer than an hour. I don't know if it's that I'm getting better or the game is easier than usual, but as a guy that reveres the Zelda series as the best of the best, this doesn't feel much like Zelda.

My main gripe is that you are given most of the items in the game right at the start. All other Zelda games have had the same dungeon formula that has worked for over 100 dungeons in the series, and I'm not sure why they would deviate from it now.

The formula is simple: Several times throughout the dungeon, you'll need to solve some sort of similar puzzle repeatedly, for example, hitting a distant switch. Once you've done that a few times, you'll get an item from the dungeon that can singlehandedly solve that particular puzzle with ease, for example, the boomerang for hitting a distant switch. Finally, the dungeon boss can only be defeated through use of that item.

The formula in this game isn't too different; most dungeons have a particular item that will solve most of its puzzles, but the difference is that you already have that item when you go in, rather than getting it inside. This took a lot of the fun out of it.

It's worth adding that, in lieu of the standard dungeon item, each dungeon instead contains a bonus item that you don't require, although it never has anything to do with the dungeon itself.

I suppose, all in all, this game was made (like many of Nintendo's games these days) with a more casual audience in mind. I can't really fault them for that, and if you're a casual gamer, this is probably a title worth picking up. However, if you're a "pro" gamer, this title won't give you a good ratio of hours-to-dollars.
  11. Jul 5, 2015
    I found LoZ: Link Between Worlds to be a good game, not really impressing me that much, but not disappointing me much either. First off, I have to say that the main story is somewhat short, only clocking in at around 15 hours. There is obviously more to do, such as getting high scores in the minigames, but a 100% completion for this game can be done in maybe 40 hours or so.With that said,I found LoZ: Link Between Worlds to be a good game, not really impressing me that much, but not disappointing me much either. First off, I have to say that the main story is somewhat short, only clocking in at around 15 hours. There is obviously more to do, such as getting high scores in the minigames, but a 100% completion for this game can be done in maybe 40 hours or so.With that said, I also have to say that while everything seems good, nothing really steps out of the picture... The switch to the wall is, to some extent, reminiscent to the switch you could do in Super Paper Mario, the bosses aren't really memorable and are pretty easy to beat, and the dungeons themselves aren't really all too appealing. The open world style and choice to go through what you want first is a nice edition, and I found the 3D effects to be decent, while the puzzles were soso. I did find that the music wasn't really that memorable though, and it's hard to think of any other themes excluding the final boss and main theme. Anyways, this is my take on what I think is a pretty overrated game! Tell me what you think...

Gameplay: 8.5/10
    Story: 7.5/10
    Music: 7/10
    Presentation: 8.5/10
    Length: 6.5/10
    Overall: 7.5/10
  12. Jun 25, 2014
    I'll make this short: A Link Between Worlds is a disappointment.

even if we didn't get much time to hype it, since it was released half a month after it was unveiled. To be fair, I think the lack of development time shows. Now don't get me wrong, I encountered no glitches as I was playing through it (although I have heard about one that breaks one of the biggest side-quests in the
    I'll make this short: A Link Between Worlds is a disappointment.

Now don't get me wrong, I encountered no glitches as I was playing through it (although I have heard about one that breaks one of the biggest side-quests in the game) so playability wise there's pretty much no stains left. The game plays like a joy and you're bound to have 'fun' while playing this game, but here's where it all falls apart for me: it simply feels like it lacks soul. That's a bold statement for sure, but ALBW really lacks that recognizable "Nintendo Magic" all the other games I've played had and that can even be said about Phantom Hourglass which I didn't really enjoy.

The game is essentially half remake and half new game, so you'd be unfair not to forgive Nintendo for being a bit unoriginal here, but the way everything that has to do with story, lore and just overall interaction with this Zelda universe, is executed it just comes off feeling rather empty to my experience.

The characterization is so flat that the cast feels like they're doing roleplay when they talk. It feels like a farce.

To further comment on the story though, I'll have to mention the game's non-linearity too. I think that because the game was decided to have a completely non-linear order of which dungeon you want to tackle the amount of story-events were reduced because you can't really make a lot of actual story progression when you're just free to, say, take on what ends up being the hardest dungeon in the game as your first one or vice versa. Because of this, by the time you get to the final battle you'll be slammed in your face with story exposition, and as if, reintroduced to characters you had completely forgotten about. It comes off as an afterthought and to me, the sense of adventure which includes the narrative was always a pretty big factor in the franchise. Here it simply feels like the developers didn't care much for it, and it's also hard to take anything about the main plot seriously when the "dark world" of this game is a name-pun (Lorule... Low-rule get it, because Hyrule is high... Yeah, not very funny)

If there's one thing that I could write home about with ALBW though it's that the official soundtrack that was composed for this game is amazing. I don't know why Nintendo hasn't let Ryo Nagamatsu compose for this franchise before. The game easily tops Skyward Sword in terms of memorability, and especially the "Yuga theme" is a memorable and original composition which I quite liked.

Like I mentioned earlier there's not really any gripes with the gameplay. Dungeons are neatly designed although all of them can be beaten time-spans that amount to less than the average for a typical Zelda dungeon. Maybe it's a design decision because it's a handheld game (although I don't remember dungeons being THIS short in the GBC titles) but personally I believe it's a decision they had to make because the save system in this game is rather clumsy. Like in Skyward Sword, you can only save via bird statues that are scattered throughout the land. They also act as warp points, and they definitely make travelling seamless, but that's about the extent of their usefulness. You can't save via the start menu so you have to beat a dungeon in one go, or else you'll have to go all the way back and outside just to save at a bird statue. I think this was a bad choice on Nintendo's part because as a result I beat this game 100% with all side-content explored and all, in a mere 19 hours. I've NEVER beat a Zelda game this quick before yet alone with everything seen and done.

I think I'll conclude this by saying that while The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds plays to some of its series strenghts, it really falters on half of what usually makes a Zelda game great in my book. In the end I couldn't help but feel that this game lacked the magic that most of the other games had.

If you've always loved Zelda for just the gameplay and you don't care about the atmosphere, story, lore etc. then maybe this game will be the best Zelda you've played in years. Everything on the gameplay front is well done and fun to play, but if you're like me, you view The Legend of Zelda as an experience, and I was simply not impressed by it.
  13. Mar 14, 2014
    This game is good. But after 1 or 2 playthroughs, the game begins to show its weaknesses. First, Hyrule and Lorule seem lifeless, lacking any charm. The amount of content is dissatisfactory at most. And the difficulty isn't there. You just cut through a couple enemies and fight an easy boss. The final boss is also a joke. And the huge new thing, the merging is used for a couple optionalThis game is good. But after 1 or 2 playthroughs, the game begins to show its weaknesses. First, Hyrule and Lorule seem lifeless, lacking any charm. The amount of content is dissatisfactory at most. And the difficulty isn't there. You just cut through a couple enemies and fight an easy boss. The final boss is also a joke. And the huge new thing, the merging is used for a couple optional puzzles and travelling between worlds. Good game, but really only for the Zelda fans. Expand
  14. Sep 25, 2014
    The newest entry in the Legend of Zelda world, a direct sequel to A Link to the Past, has the exact same story as A Link to the Past, but it has amazing gameplay. The renting system provides a good challenge, and the new flipping mechanic is really innovative and fun to use. The dungeons are especially fun to play. Despite all these good points, the story doesn't bring anything new to theThe newest entry in the Legend of Zelda world, a direct sequel to A Link to the Past, has the exact same story as A Link to the Past, but it has amazing gameplay. The renting system provides a good challenge, and the new flipping mechanic is really innovative and fun to use. The dungeons are especially fun to play. Despite all these good points, the story doesn't bring anything new to the franchise, and the game is extremely short. I still recommend fans of the franchise and newcomers to play this nice new entry. Expand
  15. Oct 10, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds was, for me, almost identical in design and style to A Link To The Past, with the addition of using walls to your advantage. And yeah I get that it's a sequel that exists in the same world as A Link To The Past, but there wasn't much difference at all between the two worlds. I feel the graphics didn't have much quality for a 3DS game, and A Link To The Past's graphics were extraordinary for it's time, so this to me is a bit of a letdown. None of the characters were very fleshed out, it was extremely easy and I beat it in a ridiculously short amount of time. This game does have a lot going for it in design innovations, but it's hardly fleshed out in any way and I think that there was a lot more that could have been done with it. Maybe I'm just nitpicking, I dunno, but I don't think that I enjoyed this game nearly as much as I've enjoyed other Zelda games. Expand
  16. Mar 29, 2015
    Overrated. That's all I can say about this game. I played it through, and I honestly wasn't impressed. It's another Link to the Past. Where is the suspense? Where are the boss battles that are supposed to leave the users in awe. Nothing special, I wouldn't recommend it. Zelda is made to be a 3D game. This 2D rendition didn't work for me.
  17. Jan 9, 2014
    The ability to warp into a moving portrait initially concerned me, but it works flawlessly. The original SNES title is my favorite game. A Link Between Worlds takes the original and improves upon it in every way. The overworld is enjoyable to explore. The dungeons meet the expectation set by the franchise. The combat is as fun as ever. The new weapon system shouldn't worry anyone as it isThe ability to warp into a moving portrait initially concerned me, but it works flawlessly. The original SNES title is my favorite game. A Link Between Worlds takes the original and improves upon it in every way. The overworld is enjoyable to explore. The dungeons meet the expectation set by the franchise. The combat is as fun as ever. The new weapon system shouldn't worry anyone as it is implemented very well and allows the gamer to choose which dungeon to explore. A Link Between Worlds is so good that it's worth purchasing a 3ds for. Collapse

1. Mar 11, 2014
    A very good action RPG in a sandbox-like Hyrule. The game features a redefined equipment progression along with the nice flattening trick. It's a bit on the easy side, though. [Dec 2013]
  2. Feb 6, 2014
    A Link Between Worlds is a Zelda for people who have become disillusioned with Zelda over the years. It recalls the series' roots while also taking unique advantage of the 3DS hardware to create something that feels new. They may not make them exactly like they used to anymore, but Link Between Worlds shows that they still recognize what made them great in the first place.
  3. Jan 2, 2014
    Much is the same in A Link Between Worlds. Just like in A Link to the Past you follow Link from a birds-eye perspective in both light and dark worlds. But A Link Between Worlds is not merely a simple game of nostalgia but one that perfectly blends the new and old Zelda games. The result is one of the best games in the series.