8.8

1. Jun 19, 2011
    @ God_itself: So, what you're pretty much saying is that you think the game is really hard? Now, run-along, get back to playing COD--you have "glitches" to find.

On to the user review: I'm not going to say again what everyone has stated countless times about this game; in a nutshell, it's an absolute classic. The touch screen menus make it easier to manage things, and the tilt feature for aiming is great. The graphics are a little tired, but it more than makes up for it in every other aspect. A definite buy if you already have a 3DS, and if you don't, this may be the first title that makes it truly worth the investment.
  2. Sep 9, 2016
    Great remake of one of the best games of its generation. Still enjoyable today. Totally recommended, one of the best games on the 3DS. Although you can skip it if you have already played it to death before. Not much have been added.
  3. Jun 20, 2011
    The best game ever returns! And it still has a few mild niggles (Jabu Jabu's belly, old camera) but it's simply brilliant. I'm new to the game, and I already have some of the fondest gaming memories of my entire gaming life. Stepping onto Hyrule field, swimming with the Zoras, becoming Adult Link...it's as close to perfect as gaming's ever going to get, witht he only games I know ofThe best game ever returns! And it still has a few mild niggles (Jabu Jabu's belly, old camera) but it's simply brilliant. I'm new to the game, and I already have some of the fondest gaming memories of my entire gaming life. Stepping onto Hyrule field, swimming with the Zoras, becoming Adult Link...it's as close to perfect as gaming's ever going to get, witht he only games I know of matching it's excellence are other games I've given the elusive 10/10. Expand
  4. Jun 28, 2011
    After playing the remastered 3D version of Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, I can now say Iâ
  5. Jul 10, 2011
    Perfect game. I was just telling someone about all the bosses in this game, and it really was fun to describe them. I really hope that Majora's Mask gets the 3D treatment as well. I love the Master Quest - to get double the damage really adds to the difficulty, and to have it completely mirrored makes it feel like 2 games in one! 10/10
  6. Jun 22, 2011
    They actually improved upon perfection in OoT 3D, and if you don't see that you have no soul and have no business reviewing games. Simple as that. Go back to your generic brown and gray shooters if you can't appreciate Zelda, because us true fans of gaming will continue to buy and support Zelda to keep the medium alive and well.
  7. Jun 19, 2011
    Ocarina Of Time comes to life on the 3Ds with great 3D. I love the new menu system and the overall presentation is the best to date. My review of the actual game is a 10 any day of the week. But what is so great about this version is it's portable and translated well to portable controls. It's perfect and anyone who loves action rpg's will fall in love with this masterpiece.
  8. Jun 28, 2011
    I'm going to say this right off - I am a biased reviewer. I loved the N64 original so much, it's one of my most distinct childhood memories, one of my favourite games of all time and I bought a 3DS for this. If you own a 3DS, you simply have to own this game. Playing it again, I had forgotten just how difficult it was; if you find games lacking in challenge recently, as I do, then you willI'm going to say this right off - I am a biased reviewer. I loved the N64 original so much, it's one of my most distinct childhood memories, one of my favourite games of all time and I bought a 3DS for this. If you own a 3DS, you simply have to own this game. Playing it again, I had forgotten just how difficult it was; if you find games lacking in challenge recently, as I do, then you will definetly want this. If I hadn't played it before, I would be pretty lost, and I'm not casual gamer. If you're not a confident gamer, don't be afraid to pick up the guide, no one will think less of you! I only briefly played the Master Quest on GameCube, but I am surprised at how much more difficult it is. I died twice in the Deku Tree (first dungeon) while playing it on the 3DS, and that is embarrasing!

On to the critical stage though - the 3D is pointless, though I think that about the console in general. I played the entire game with the 3D off, and everytime I tried to put it on everything looked stupid and all I could see was the foreground. Also, if you have played the GameCube version, then this adds little, which is unfortunate. There is the ability to go back and fight bosses again, but c'mon, this is not a goundbreaking new feature. All in all, I expected more from this remake, but simply based on the game alone, it is astounding, so much fun, and...just go buy it!
  9. Apr 15, 2012
    I don't think there is anything I could say about this game that hasn't been said in the past, like, 12 years since it originally came out. It's a good game, play it. The 3DS version works perfectly. Controls are great and the second screen working as the map is quite a good idea. Additionally, graphics have received an upgrade. The magic of the original and the improvements of aI don't think there is anything I could say about this game that hasn't been said in the past, like, 12 years since it originally came out. It's a good game, play it. The 3DS version works perfectly. Controls are great and the second screen working as the map is quite a good idea. Additionally, graphics have received an upgrade. The magic of the original and the improvements of a re-release make this a great package overall. Expand
  10. Jun 21, 2011
    Zelda:OoT was at the time, the best video game ever made, and very few has topped it. although i'm not a fan of remakes. Oot 3D was, in my opinion, the perfect remake, though it lacks the nostalgia of the original, it is still fantastic to see the legendary title with all its content, and a fresh coat of paint!
  11. Feb 16, 2014
    I actually prefer this version to the original. It looks better and the additions and tweeks they've made help the game out without harming the magic of the original. Being able to use Epona in the wild really makes getting around easier for example.
  12. Sep 8, 2011
    Leave it to Nintendo to remake a great classic and make it even better.I remember when I first played Ocarina of time on Nintendo 64 when I was still in junior high school and all day long all I could think about was Ocarina of time,and when I finally got home from school and went strait to my N64 and continue my adventure in Hyrule I was Amazed.well the same can be said today with the 3DSLeave it to Nintendo to remake a great classic and make it even better.I remember when I first played Ocarina of time on Nintendo 64 when I was still in junior high school and all day long all I could think about was Ocarina of time,and when I finally got home from school and went strait to my N64 and continue my adventure in Hyrule I was Amazed.well the same can be said today with the 3DS version of a master piece of all ages,the game looks way better than it did back on the N64 and (and it didn't look bad on N64 either).this is still my all time fave game ever made and I have to say if you love a great story and enjoy the Zelda series you gotta pick this amazing title up ASAP.great memory's coming back to me.Thanks Nintendo for giving us great games than we all hold dear to our hearts. Expand
  13. Jul 5, 2011
    Well after such a long time the most amazing video game in history finally returns. Nintendo have played an absolute blinder by rereleasing this game. Graphically they have improved the look overall but only to the point that it looks familiar, the animation of the enemies and characters has improved and looks much better and more fluid. The 3D effect really gives the game a much more epicWell after such a long time the most amazing video game in history finally returns. Nintendo have played an absolute blinder by rereleasing this game. Graphically they have improved the look overall but only to the point that it looks familiar, the animation of the enemies and characters has improved and looks much better and more fluid. The 3D effect really gives the game a much more epic scale, even link just swing a sword directly at the camera looks amazing.

Besides the looks of the game little has changed. The inventory is much easier to use now that the game has moved to the 3ds, even the use of the gyroscope for aiming and looking round is very good.

While the game stays true to the original and even includes the master quest and a boss challange mode i feel it maybe lacks one more thing but this is still an excellent game and will remain one of Nintendo's crown jewels.
  14. Aug 5, 2011
    This is a master-piece of art. I mean, this game makes me feel like I'm playing it on the N64. After about 2 weeks ago, I picked up a 3DS, strictly for this game alone. I have to say, this is my favorite purchase so far this year. The game itself is a far upgrade in graphic change, but the gameplay is the same, classic gameplay we all know and love. Water Temple is just as frustrating,butThis is a master-piece of art. I mean, this game makes me feel like I'm playing it on the N64. After about 2 weeks ago, I picked up a 3DS, strictly for this game alone. I have to say, this is my favorite purchase so far this year. The game itself is a far upgrade in graphic change, but the gameplay is the same, classic gameplay we all know and love. Water Temple is just as frustrating,but then again the nostalgic feel of frustration of Water Temple is hilarious. As in new features, the 3D effect is obviously included, but other then that they included the touch screen inventory interface. It's a lot easier to access your equipment, and also makes Water Temple a lot less time consuming (hint, switching in and out of heavy boots). They also included a new enhanced Master Quest, which is same difficult one we know today from the Gamecube port, but instead the world is mirrored as well. As in everything in the world itself that right = left, and left = right, well you get the point. Review in a Nutshell: Best portable game of the year from the original best game of the decade. Period. Expand
  15. Dec 13, 2011
    This game really does a good job at updating the graphics and does a great job at keeping a lot of the original features of the original game intact. Really awesome game and very good remake. A must own for 3DS users
  16. Jul 18, 2011
    One of the only reasons to own a 3DS at the moment. Fanboyisms aside it's a long overdue release, well worth the trip down nostalgia lane. To use a rather apt analogy, it does for the 3DS what the re-invigoration of Mario 64 did for the DS. Those who never experienced the original stand a good chance of enjoying themselves with Ocarina of Time 3D, the game-play has stood the test of time.One of the only reasons to own a 3DS at the moment. Fanboyisms aside it's a long overdue release, well worth the trip down nostalgia lane. To use a rather apt analogy, it does for the 3DS what the re-invigoration of Mario 64 did for the DS. Those who never experienced the original stand a good chance of enjoying themselves with Ocarina of Time 3D, the game-play has stood the test of time. Anyone that failed be to taken in by the originals charm is still unlikely to be won over as the game remains largely the same. Expand
  17. Oct 30, 2011
    This game that was a legend in the past on the Nintendo 64 returns to the future on the Nintendo 3DS System. The visuals in this version of the game are greatly improved since its debut on the Nintendo 64, these graphical updates include more detailed character models, newer graphical textures and completely refined animations which are further enhanced by the 3D view mode feature of theThis game that was a legend in the past on the Nintendo 64 returns to the future on the Nintendo 3DS System. The visuals in this version of the game are greatly improved since its debut on the Nintendo 64, these graphical updates include more detailed character models, newer graphical textures and completely refined animations which are further enhanced by the 3D view mode feature of the Nintendo 3DS. The game still utilizes the same sound effects, soundtrack and voice clips from the Nintendo 64 version but have been modified to be cleaner and clearer through the use of modern technology and software, a special bonus orchestral piece also awaits you in the credits.
    The gameplay is the exact same as it was on the Nintendo 64 version except with tweaks to fix glitches and to update the collision detection.The new in-game layout is refined to make the top screen Link is traveling on less cluttered while having easy access to all you important information and tools on the bottom screen for easy access and use. New features to this version of the game is the hard mode "Master Quest" difficulty (both normal difficulty and "Master Quest" difficulty have three save file each, which totals to 6 different save files all together) which need to be unlocked by completing the game on the normal difficulty first and was originally introduced in the Gamecube Version of this game which was exclusively a preorder bonus to Legend of Zelda: Windwaker and did not appear in the original Nintendo 64 version, a Boss Rematch mode and a Boss Gauntlet mode for those who want to test their skills against previously defeated bosses or run for setting a new best time, the choice to use or not use gyroscopic controls for specific weapons and items, the choice to use or not use the 3DS's 3D view mode and tutorial videos to aid beginners who may find the game too difficult to solve on their own.
    The game is overall an amazing package and a fun and challenging adventure game from the past with modernized improvements here and there to make this great game even better, some will love this nostalgic trip down memory lane of one of the greatest early 3D adventure games out there on a Nintendo console while others may not enjoy the aged feeling of the game mechanics, controls and primitive enemy AI.
  18. Sep 8, 2011
    You know, the HD graphics were fantastic enough to me, but I had no idea the 3D was going to be so amazing with this. It's a fantastic remake of a classic game, loving every minute of it!
  19. Jun 22, 2011
    This is a True update to my favourite Game of all time! Getting back to those cherish memories solving puzzles in Dungeons and feeling actually accomplished is a feeling only Ocarina of time Creates and this time with Recreated Beautiful Graphics
  20. Jul 2, 2011
    The original was one of my favourite games of all time and this version has given everyone who loved it back then a title as beautiful as they remember it... not as it actually is when they replay the original. I truly envy those playing it for the first time in its best possible version. A true masterpiece that has only improved with age and shows how truly revolutionary it was back inThe original was one of my favourite games of all time and this version has given everyone who loved it back then a title as beautiful as they remember it... not as it actually is when they replay the original. I truly envy those playing it for the first time in its best possible version. A true masterpiece that has only improved with age and shows how truly revolutionary it was back in 1998 to still be a classic of the time of its rerelease Expand
  21. Aug 16, 2011
    Wow what a flashback I got while playing this game. Zelda Ocarina of Time was an amazing game when it first came out all those years ago and still is today. This time it was on the 3ds and did not let me down. They remastered this game making sure they crossed every "T" and dotted every "I." I must say that Link looks pretty amazing in 3D. If you loved this game for the Nintendo 64, it isWow what a flashback I got while playing this game. Zelda Ocarina of Time was an amazing game when it first came out all those years ago and still is today. This time it was on the 3ds and did not let me down. They remastered this game making sure they crossed every "T" and dotted every "I." I must say that Link looks pretty amazing in 3D. If you loved this game for the Nintendo 64, it is worth saving Hyrule again on the 3Ds! Expand
  22. Jun 19, 2011
    Ocarina of Time, the best Game to have ever been released is now out with hd graphics and in 3D so it's how we remembered the picture quality being 13 years ago before tvs made old games look like tetris. I am so glad nintendo re-mastered this game and I hope they do the same for majoras mask and also the wind waker. I am loving this game and have been waiting 13 years to do so again. IOcarina of Time, the best Game to have ever been released is now out with hd graphics and in 3D so it's how we remembered the picture quality being 13 years ago before tvs made old games look like tetris. I am so glad nintendo re-mastered this game and I hope they do the same for majoras mask and also the wind waker. I am loving this game and have been waiting 13 years to do so again. I wish people stopes calling Ganondorf, Ganon as that is Ganondorf's second form. Anyway the scores on here should be the same as the original at least 99 if not 100/100. I would give this higher if possible. I would rather games like oot metal gear solid, resident evil, Mario, silent hill etc etc get a hd remake then waste my money on boring fps that are the same thing but the characters are in a different war with different clothes on. As them games are out most Fridays and games are going downhill. Yet thanks to nintendo this game is amazing and the games line up for it is looking good too. This should without a doubt get game of the year and if anyone wants to call them self a true gamer without getting a 3DS to play the best game of all time then be ashamed. Top marks for a top game. 13 years since the release and not just by critics scores but The legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time has NOT been beaten! FACT. Outstanding! Perfect! Now if off to play it some more. Expand
  23. Jul 13, 2011
    I never played OOT when it was first released. I never played any of the re-releases on Gamecube or the Wii Virtual Console. The 3DS release is my first experience with one of the most universally adored games from the most celebrated gaming franchise in history. And it's simply a joy to play.

OOT 3D gives the aging visuals a new coat of paint , a boss challenge mode and Master Quest, an unlockable version of OOT with certain details tweaked or reversed. However, beneath the superficial changes and the inclusion of two welcome, but unspectacular additions, beats the heart of a gaming classic which has aged extremely well. Not only has the game remained highly playable, it is one of those rare moments in gaming where the gameplay, art direction, music etc. comes together to form a truly harmonious experience. OOT 3D might be the definitive version of one of the most critically acclaimed and important games in history. That alone, makes it an essential purchase for 3DS owners and gamers everywhere.
  24. Jun 19, 2011
    The game is great, like it was 13 years ago. Don't listen to some of these negative comments (though I'm sure you've heard enough praise about this game anyways) Are the console versions better? Yes, but it's great that I can now play one of (if not the) greatest game of all time anywhere I want. Thank you, Nintendo.
  25. Aug 25, 2012
    Let's do some simple math: this is the definitive version of the greatest game ever made. Pure perfection. = easiest 10 ever. What blows me away is, this being my forth or fifth play through, is that the gameplay is so thick that with so much to the game each playthough seems like the first time. Especially the dungeons. They are so complicated that it is impossible to simply remember whatLet's do some simple math: this is the definitive version of the greatest game ever made. Pure perfection. = easiest 10 ever. What blows me away is, this being my forth or fifth play through, is that the gameplay is so thick that with so much to the game each playthough seems like the first time. Especially the dungeons. They are so complicated that it is impossible to simply remember what I did last time. And i feel like im playing it from scratch, I mean this quite literally. And the 3d: I will always have trouble keeping it centered during intense gameplay (for any game), leading to unplayable blur. But I've accepted this and just leave it on for exploration and cutscenes. Like I said, I've accepted this about the 3ds for every game that takes place is 3 demensions (the games demensions, side scrollers work great in 3d). Oot, thank you once again for giving me another shot at the greatest game ever. Expand
  26. Aug 14, 2011
    Some games just don't let you go, thinking about them long after the credits. Like an incredible movie the feel and nostalgia can stick with you. In some cases for more than a decade. OoT is like that for many people, myself included, but I'm not sure if you're playing it for the first time how these rose colored lenses are effecting this review. Thankfully the game is built one of theSome games just don't let you go, thinking about them long after the credits. Like an incredible movie the feel and nostalgia can stick with you. In some cases for more than a decade. OoT is like that for many people, myself included, but I'm not sure if you're playing it for the first time how these rose colored lenses are effecting this review. Thankfully the game is built one of the most solid gameplay mechanics ever created. Things that are staples in any 3rd person action game are set in stone from this Zelda forward. The best part is none of it feels stale, outdated or out of place. This feels like a current game for a great handheld. It's a reminder of what makes good games, why analog and buttons are so important, and the 3D is icing on the cake. The latter of which is done very well from the games I've seen. The 3D accents all the depth in the game, and provides a visual pop for things like cucco feathers, Nai, arrows, and treasure items. None of it is necessary but that doesn't mean it isn't a grinning treat to crank the 3D to the max while watching Gannon in a cutscene. With few games available now Zelda once again makes for the perfect launch title and showcase for your Nintendo. Whether you're playing it again or for the first time there's a lot of enjoyment in Link's seminal hit. Expand
  27. May 10, 2012
    I remember when I was little playing this game on my aunt's Nintendo 64 and although I didn't know what I was doing because I was so young I do have some fond memories of it. I remember looking at it and being amazed at how cool it all was and always curious about it, but all these years in between now and back then I found myself avoiding the series for some reason, maybe it was because II remember when I was little playing this game on my aunt's Nintendo 64 and although I didn't know what I was doing because I was so young I do have some fond memories of it. I remember looking at it and being amazed at how cool it all was and always curious about it, but all these years in between now and back then I found myself avoiding the series for some reason, maybe it was because I wasn't looking for a new series to get committed with, or I was just intimidated I don't know, but now I've finally played through the Ocarina of Time and I'm proud to say I loved almost every second of it and the Legend of Zelda series has a new fan. The controls are smooth as butter, the motion controls work phenomenally and I can't imagine playing this game any other way, the graphics are gorgeous and the 3D effect works well with this game (I'm not a huge fan of it though), and every little sound in the game is outstanding, it truly has what may be the best soundtrack ever, and it comes with extra bonuses like the master quest mode which adds more to the game and increases the difficulty, and also has a boss challenge mode . It's truly just a masterpiece that has withstood the test of time, and is definitely one of the greatest games of all time and one of my new top 10 favorite games of all time, if you haven't played this masterpiece now is the time because this is probably the best version to play, go out and get this now. Expand
  28. Jun 19, 2011
    This game is really one of the greatest games ever made, and has aged incredibly well. I havent played it since the original release more than a decade ago (although I played it for a while on the Gamecube collection) and this is an extremely well done remake. The graphics are much nicer, and the 3D really gives them an whole new level of polish. This is a must have for both old Legend ofThis game is really one of the greatest games ever made, and has aged incredibly well. I havent played it since the original release more than a decade ago (although I played it for a while on the Gamecube collection) and this is an extremely well done remake. The graphics are much nicer, and the 3D really gives them an whole new level of polish. This is a must have for both old Legend of Zelda fans who have experience it before (so you can experience the absolute best version of one of the best games of all time) and for all the people who never got the privilege of playing this before. Dont listen to the haters, this is an absolute gem, a game I would gladly buy a 3DS just for playing it (although I didnt, there are a ton of announced games for it that im sure will be amazing). If you are still on the fence, stop reading and go BUY IT! And if you are about to play it for the first time ever or replay it since the original release (like me), brace yourself and get really to lose yourself in one of the most magical and just plain fun games ever. Expand
  29. Sep 5, 2011
    Oh. My. God. Whenever you play this magnificent piece of gaming perfection, everything else close to perfection is basically spoiled, really. The 3D effect is awesome, nothing's been messed with, the level design is great. the music is still spine-chilling and the combat and the puzzles are still spot-on. Shame you have to turn the 3D off for fights, the gyroscope control is a bit iffy andOh. My. God. Whenever you play this magnificent piece of gaming perfection, everything else close to perfection is basically spoiled, really. The 3D effect is awesome, nothing's been messed with, the level design is great. the music is still spine-chilling and the combat and the puzzles are still spot-on. Shame you have to turn the 3D off for fights, the gyroscope control is a bit iffy and Nintendo just can't get the first dungeon right. But if you own a 3DS and you don't have this game, you really shouldn't be gaming. End of story. Expand
  30. Jun 20, 2011
    Firstly Trolls (for anyone who dosen't know are people who just post zero's because they are fans of Microsoft or Sony not Nintendo) and I really think people should respect games if they like them. As obviously, these troll haven't actually bought the game. So, I would like to start by saying the Overall User Review Score can't really be taken as an honest view, as some will post 10'sFirstly Trolls (for anyone who dosen't know are people who just post zero's because they are fans of Microsoft or Sony not Nintendo) and I really think people should respect games if they like them. As obviously, these troll haven't actually bought the game. So, I would like to start by saying the Overall User Review Score can't really be taken as an honest view, as some will post 10's just to get the score high, (although the game is very good in my opinion and worthy of a 10) or more commonly Trolls who post 0's. Anyway, sorry about that and on with my thoughts. OOT of 1998 was unjustifiable brilliance, now OOT 3D has bettered even the brilliance of the original. The story line is a thing of utter beauty, and the controls of the 3DS Make navigation, fighting, and boss battles simply more enjoyable than the N64 Or GC Versions. Amazing fight scenes, boss battles, and puzzling challenges and quests from the original, now combined with better controls, great visual improvements and glorious 3D, Ocarina Of Time 3D is worthy of nothing less than 100 out of 100, the only dissapointment is that it will never achieve the score the original OOT achieved on here due to the game being a sequel, but make no mistake, the Critic Scores do not reflect the truth. Ocarina Of Time 3D is easily worthy of the same or better score on Metacritic, in fact, it's easily worthy of 1,000,000 out of 100, it is gaming perfection, or as close as anyone will ever come. Expand
  31. Jun 21, 2011
    Finally, the reason I bought a 3DS, the remake of what I believe is the best game ever made, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D is here, and it does not disappoint in the least. For those who've been living under a rock, this is a complete redo of Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo's newest handheld gaming device. And in case you've been living under a rock for a really goodFinally, the reason I bought a 3DS, the remake of what I believe is the best game ever made, The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D is here, and it does not disappoint in the least. For those who've been living under a rock, this is a complete redo of Ocarina of Time for Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo's newest handheld gaming device. And in case you've been living under a rock for a really good amount of time, the 3DS does 3D without glasses, and unlike the movies, aside from Avatar, Nintendo 3DS does 3D right, but of course 3D isn't for everyone, that's why Nintendo added a 3D slider, play without 3D if you want. However, this isn't a review for the 3DS, it's a review of one of it's most anticipated, system selling, games. If you've played the original game on N64 or Gamecube, you know what to expect here. It's ultimately the same game. Same story, same dungeons, same everything. However, there are a lot of key differences. The first thing people notice is the graphics. The graphics have been largely updated, and look really nice. It's not a huge epic graphical upgrade, as in looking like Elder Scrolls, but it still looks pretty nice for an N64 remake. There's much more detail to the environments than the original, and the cutscenes and characters look very different than the original. The graphics look real nice, but of course let's get the the reason it's on 3DS, the 3D. This game actually does really well at taking full advantage of the 3D effect. There are tons of ways the 3D is utilized in this remake. When Link gets an item and holds it up, it's right up at my face, it's as if I can reach out and grab the item with my fingers. When I pick up a chicken, his feathers are flying off of him, and flying directly at me. When I'm in the forest, all the pixie particles in the air are floating towards me, and looks like they might hit my face. The 3D really plays a nice big part in this game, and it looks beautiful. You'll definitely want to play this game in 3D as often as possible, especially during the cutscenes. Just be careful of the battery life, LOL. But now we move into gameplay. Of course the game also takes advantage of the DS touchscreen, showing your inventory, the map, and so on, while nothing but the action button and character text appears on the 3D screen. Unlike the original though, you get 4 item slots instead of 3, 2 are the X and Y buttons, and the other 2 are usable via touchscreen. Some of the items have been adjusted to how they are equipped. Such as the ocarina, which has it's own separate item slot, acting as a 5th item slot on the touchscreen, so it is always equipped, and never has to take up room on your 4 main slots. The iron boots have also been adjusted in order to help make the dreaded Water Temple tolerable. The iron boots are now equipped that same way they are in Twilight Princess, they can be equipped via item slot instead of constantly pausing the game to put them on or remove them ,like you had to in the original. The cutscenes in the Water Temple have also been adjusted to help point out clues that many gamers missed in the original game, causing them to get stuck. The Water Temple is still hard, but is now tolerable. Another thing about the remake that overshadows the original is the amazing replay value. The remake includes Master Quest, which was available on Gamecube. Ocarina of Time Master Quest is the same game, but all the dungeons are completely redone, and far more difficult than the original to figure out. Try completing the Water Temple in Master Quest mode. And unlike the Gamecube version, the 3DS Master Quest is completely mirrored. Remember how the Gamecube version of TP was mirrored from the Wii version? Exactly. But to top it all off, the enemies inflict twice as much damage than before. YEESH! This is a game mode designed for Zelda veterans, but if you want to take on the challenge, you have to unlock it first via the regular game mode. Beat the game, and you can then take on the Master Quest challenge. That is amazing replay value right there, and on top of all that, you can go back to your house in the woods and battle past bosses again, anytime you want via Boss Mode. But my favorite new feature in this game is the gyroscope. With it you can aim your bow with great precision via motion control. I wasn't nuts about the idea, but once I tried it, I couldn't go back. The gyroscope amazed me, and it's what I use in the game regularly. Overall, the remake is amazing, and deserves nothing less of a perfect score. It's just as good as the original, but unlike the original, it's portable. A great remake of a classic. Ocarina of Time 3D gets a 10/10. Expand
  32. Jul 25, 2011
    Well, the remake we all least expected finally came and brought itself to be the definitive version of OoT. This game perfectly shows what a port SHOULD be like, improvement while not ruining the feeling of original. This is essentially the same exact game from 1998 with bugfixes, vastly improved graphics and animations, more ease to the controls and more. OoT 3D eliminates all reason toWell, the remake we all least expected finally came and brought itself to be the definitive version of OoT. This game perfectly shows what a port SHOULD be like, improvement while not ruining the feeling of original. This is essentially the same exact game from 1998 with bugfixes, vastly improved graphics and animations, more ease to the controls and more. OoT 3D eliminates all reason to ever play the original when so much more is available. This port addresses many issues accompanied with the original version. For example, the Boots used to have their own section in the Gear subscreen, meaning that EVERY SINGLE TIME you wanted to equip them in the water temple, you had to pause and do so. OoT 3D solves this problem in the same way that Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker did, making the Iron Boots and Hover Boots equippable to Y, X, and the two touch screen slots. The controls may be difficult at first but after continued play, you will get used to it. Throughout my entire playthrough of this new version, I have only run into one issue, which might be just a nitpick, but I find the Ocarina controls very difficult and confusing as opposed to the simplicity of the N64 controls. They do not feel anything like the old N64 controls with C, making applying songs you know from the original version difficult to do. For example, Zelda's Lullaby. On the N64, controls to play this song are < ^ > < ^ >, while on the 3DS, it's X A Y X A Y. Moving on, the visuals make a nice improvement to OoT's style, while not taking us away from it. Young Link no longer looks like a fat dwarf holding an enlarged knife and a life sized beetle shell. Still, some things seem very dated to this point, such as the flat stairs. I wouldn't have minded improvement in those areas but either way the game is beautiful compared to it's N64 counterpart. The only major modifications I see, however, are all to Link's models. At times, it makes the game look glary. For my final rating, I would supposedly give it a 9.8 out of 10, but seeing as metacritic doesn't allow it, I'll leave it at 9. Great port but could still use some improvement. Expand
  33. Jun 20, 2011
    There are a lot of haters here so I'm simply going to say this: This is the highest rated game of all time. The lowest rated reviews are written by trolls who just enjoy hating on a good game.

The fact of the matter is, this is one of the best remakes ever done, because it improves on what many gamers consider perfection. The overhauled visuals are absolutely stunning and are a beautiful thing to behold especially if you've played the game before. The 3D is absolutely stunning and really adds a great sense of depth to the game. It may kill the battery life, but honestly, you NEED to play with the 3D on at least for a bit. It really is that fantastic.

The audio is slightly cleaned up, and this is one of the few disappointing aspects of the game. A fully orchestrated soundtrack would have been absolutely amazing, but there's a reason these songs are seen as some of the best ever composed in the history of the medium. The MIDI tracks don't sound nearly as good as they could, but it's far from terrible. Headphones are recommended.

The best part of this remake is easily in the revamped controls and interface. Remember constantly pausing and unpausing the game to equip and unequip the Iron Boots in the Water temple? That's been remedied by the addition of the touch screen. It allows for you to access your inventory quickly and easily. Items are assigned to 2 physical buttons and 2 touch panels. This makes swapping items extremely easy and quick, as it should be. The Ocarina now has its own dedicated panel in the bottom left of the touch screen, freeing up that 4th inventory slot. All in all the interface is significantly better and improves vastly on the original.

Finally, it's a Zelda game. They are ALWAYS good. There's never been a poor Zelda game (CD-I games do not count as Nintendo had no part in creating them), and this is arguably the best of them all. Frankly, if you own a 3DS, this is a must own game, hell, it may be the game that you bought the 3DS for. Either way, buy this game and realize WHY it's literally THE highest rated game of all time. On both Metacritic and GameRankings, it just doesn't get better than this
  34. Jul 6, 2011
    The original is timeless, and this is perfect proof of that. This game is considered one of the best games of all time, and it surely has stood the test of time. The graphics don't seem to be improved at all, but that is far from true. They upgraded the graphics and character models, but everything is in the same position as the first and feels as the original. The sound and music isThe original is timeless, and this is perfect proof of that. This game is considered one of the best games of all time, and it surely has stood the test of time. The graphics don't seem to be improved at all, but that is far from true. They upgraded the graphics and character models, but everything is in the same position as the first and feels as the original. The sound and music is excellent, this is one definitely one you should play with head phones. The 3DS speakers don't do it justice. The story is obviously the same, which is simple but perfect. The controls are excellent, with the bottom screen being used as a map and items. It works perfectly, especially when putting Iron boots on and off. It is a bit of a disappointment with the lack of new content, but there is still a lot to do with Master Quest and Boss mode. Just don't expect a whole lot of new stuff. This game is a must play for anyone that hasn't played the original and for anyone that owns a 3DS. It should also be picked up for anyone who enjoyed the original, because it is amazing. Expand
  35. Jul 16, 2011
    This is the same acclaimed game that many of us loved, with the subtle cosmetic make over, which best matches our fond memories of the game rather than the actual blurry textured low resolutions of N64 in 1998.

The greatest thing about 3DS version, more than the added 3rd dimension, is the ability to play it anywhere thanks to the handheld platform. Those who ranks the game in the red scales cannot be taken seriously as a professed gamers! Z targeting, and many other gameplay mechanisms imitated by others shows the stature that the game is still being held in great regards.

A sublime joy to play and experience.
  36. Jul 8, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. In 1998, Ocarina of Time was released, then came the Master Quest for the GameCube. Ocarina of Time remains to be one of the greatest games ever released. This 3DS remake is nearly perfect in every way. In fact, I would say it is just as good, if not better than the original release (Don't get me wrong, the original is amazing.) Why do I say that? The game remains largely unchanged. I would say it is the EXACT same thing, (disregarding the Master Quest). The graphics are the only real change. The sound is the same, gameplay is the same, and the story is the same. Only very little changes are made to the core game. The graphics, however, make this version stand on it's own. The 3D is only an added bonus that can add depth to the graphics (which in my opinion, is done extremely well.) The Master Quest is a great addition to the already amazing game. *Possible Spoilers!!!* It adds enhanced dungeons, and a completely mirrored world, where everything is switched around. This ensures that the experience will remain fresh through the Master Quest playthrough. Overall, I give this game a 10/10. Trust me and pick it up if you own a 3DS. And if you're a fan of the Zelda series, then it is a must. Expand
  37. Jun 19, 2011
    This game is very fun. I never played this game before the 3ds version. I have to say, I can see why this game is so great and why it's considered one of the best, if not the best, game of all time. It's 13 years old and the combat and feel is still very good. I just can't imagine how good it was when it was first released. The only thing the old version is lacking now adays is theThis game is very fun. I never played this game before the 3ds version. I have to say, I can see why this game is so great and why it's considered one of the best, if not the best, game of all time. It's 13 years old and the combat and feel is still very good. I just can't imagine how good it was when it was first released. The only thing the old version is lacking now adays is the graphics. Nintendo fixed that by updating them, and I have to say, they look great. Way better and brighter than the original. If I never heard of this game before, I would have thought it was a stellar handheld experience, in the present! This is without a doubt the best 3DS game out right now. It may be the best 3ds game for a while. This is a GREAT game that can be played by anyone. The puzzles are fun, the combat is amazing, the graphics are really good and vivid, and the theme and story is magical and atmospheric. If you own a 3ds and only have one choice for a game, this is it. Incredibly great! Expand
  38. Jul 8, 2011
    I remember playing this on the N64 as a child, and allot has changed since the N64 version, but not to much to say they have ruined it, real Zelda fans have to play this game.
  39. Jun 20, 2011
    this game is awesome. i thought it would look good because of the screen shots id seen, but it is even more beautiful then i thought it would. it's a classic and it deserves a ten back then, so what does that say about this remake? this remake is better than the original. it's portable, the touch screen and motion stuff is awesome, and its in 3D. if metacritic had a number higher than 10this game is awesome. i thought it would look good because of the screen shots id seen, but it is even more beautiful then i thought it would. it's a classic and it deserves a ten back then, so what does that say about this remake? this remake is better than the original. it's portable, the touch screen and motion stuff is awesome, and its in 3D. if metacritic had a number higher than 10 this game would get it. Expand
  40. Jun 19, 2011
    Hysterical, who in the world who values their credibility would rate any form of Ocarina of Time with a zero? Definitely the guys impatiently anticipating a UFC release on 3DS. Hey trolls, what did you think of MGS2 and FFVII? Terrible right? How about that alternative fundamental math class in high school? Significantly harder than OoT, let me guess, you quit halfway? A rant is moreHysterical, who in the world who values their credibility would rate any form of Ocarina of Time with a zero? Definitely the guys impatiently anticipating a UFC release on 3DS. Hey trolls, what did you think of MGS2 and FFVII? Terrible right? How about that alternative fundamental math class in high school? Significantly harder than OoT, let me guess, you quit halfway? A rant is more worthwhile than a review here! Seriously, this is arguably the greatest (and not arguable in any way in the top two or three) video games. No qualifier there, just video games period... And it's been improved! Graphics are beauty and who wouldn't want to be able to slip it into your pocket on sleep to play briefly and very very often? The complaint can be made (the only one I see so far in the my 20th playthrough of OoT) Is the L button being compared to the Z trigger. That's hardware though, and that's looking for a criticism in a critique. 10/10 all the way, no doubt about it, this one never looses charm in any rehash, it's our heritage.

Man oh man trolls, I forgot how much you suck.
  41. Jun 25, 2011
    Zelda is a great remake It takes me back to my youth and n64 days. I forgot how some of the puzzles are not very obvious to solve,but saying that it's still a great game and it's the best game on the 3ds. and the 3d works great. Much recommend zelda fan or not
  42. Dec 28, 2012
    It's a great Zelda game for the time it was originally released. I rented it to see how they improved upon it, and I really like how the 3D effect added to the experience (unlike some reviewers complaining about headaches). I would've preferred to see a new Zelda game and still looking forward to see a 3DS-only title, but this is a good remastered classic until a new Zelda arrives.
  43. Jun 21, 2011
    It's literally the same exact game as the Ocarina of Time that came out over a decade ago, and its just about as brilliant. However, it doesn't quite capture the same magic that I experienced with the N64 version. This is mainly because the dialogue is just shot out at you at ridiculously fast speeds. There's not the same sort of drama that the original had - the dialogue was spelled outIt's literally the same exact game as the Ocarina of Time that came out over a decade ago, and its just about as brilliant. However, it doesn't quite capture the same magic that I experienced with the N64 version. This is mainly because the dialogue is just shot out at you at ridiculously fast speeds. There's not the same sort of drama that the original had - the dialogue was spelled out as if the characters were speaking it word by word, and in this one its all just thrown at you as if it wants you to finish the game more quickly or not give much attention to this wonderfully put together scenes. But besides that the game is fantastic and offers much more along with a game that is already a classic. It's remastered and the 3D really helps bring you into the world. Some of the dialogue is even changed slightly to make it more understandable - like the guy (or chick - the gender always confused me) who wants to buy stuff from you now more accurately declares that he wants to buy something that you carry in a bottle rather than any old item. Also the build-up to meeting Princess Zelda is put together well. Boss Mode is a great addition as well as Master Quest, which is like looking at the game all over again from new eyes - it's more difficult than the original simply because the world is mirrored and at times that can be very confusing. Pretty much everything we loved from the original is there, just it's all made to look even more impressive and sound more real (except they kept the music and a few sound effects of monsters and that sort of stuff). It's a masterpiece, like the original, but I can't really say it beats the original - mainly just because of that sped up dialogue. Oh! - and it's the best 3DS game out there, so buy it! Expand
  44. Jun 20, 2011
    Is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.... Every game has a story, only one is a Legend! Now, the legend with nice graphics and extras (Master Quest!!!), you must have this game
  45. Jun 19, 2011
    The user reviews are only this low right now because of haters and trolls. This game truly deserves at least an 8.5. It really holds up the Ocarina of Time experience and even does a bit more. Not only will Zelda fans love this game to death, but newcomers will finally be able to enjoy what is arguably the best game of all time. The touchscreen controls streamline the experience making itThe user reviews are only this low right now because of haters and trolls. This game truly deserves at least an 8.5. It really holds up the Ocarina of Time experience and even does a bit more. Not only will Zelda fans love this game to death, but newcomers will finally be able to enjoy what is arguably the best game of all time. The touchscreen controls streamline the experience making it a lot less annoying to switch between items (Water Temple and the Iron Boots) and the gyro controls are VERY effective and work so well (except with 3D on). Newcomers may not feel that this game is one of the best games ever anymore as back in the day this game was a technical marvel and now, not so much, but anyone who has ever touched a video game controller should and will love this game. Expand
  46. Jun 19, 2011
    OoT was an amazing game in 1998. It was many gamers first experiences with such a large, seemingly open world game. There was so much to do, and such a highly rewarding feeling of exploration. Many of the N64 era of gamers consider this to be one of the greatest games ever made. Thankfully, this version of OoT doesn't change any of the original game features or mechanics, however it doesOoT was an amazing game in 1998. It was many gamers first experiences with such a large, seemingly open world game. There was so much to do, and such a highly rewarding feeling of exploration. Many of the N64 era of gamers consider this to be one of the greatest games ever made. Thankfully, this version of OoT doesn't change any of the original game features or mechanics, however it does add a few features that take advantage of the 3ds hardware. Is this game still to be considered the best game ever made? Or is nostalgia a greater factor than the actual aspects of the game?

47. Jun 19, 2011
    This game is flawless. Everything about it is perfect. Not only is it done up to feel like a new game to people who (shamefully) have not played it before, but it is exactly how people who owned the original remember it. Even the fun glitches can be performed, which is rarely a good thing for most games, but for this is just bliss. Definitely a must have.
  48. Jun 19, 2011
    When i saw the user score for this game i laughed. This is the first time ive played the game and i can safely say its the best game ever. Its only got a user score of 7.1 because of trolls putting 0
  49. Jun 19, 2011
    Oot is one of the best game ever. Now you get to play it with impressive 3d and revamped graphics. What more can you ask for? If you have played this before, you should play it again, if you havan't, go get it right now!
  50. Jun 19, 2011
    ** Let me be clear from the beginning: I scored this game a 10 to partially offset the scores of 0 from trolls. My true score would be a 9. **

Those who haven't played Ocarina of Time before can stop reading and go buy the game. It's a classic for a reason, and the gameplay is as delightful as it's always been. Whether you enjoy the 3D effect or not, the graphical upgrades that this

Whether you enjoy the 3D effect or not, the graphical upgrades that this version received are fantastic. I gasped when I first left my room and saw the village, and that sense of wonder remains, no matter if I have the 3D on or off. Personally, I enjoy having it on for exploration and cut scenes, and turn it off for dungeons.

My only minor complaint is that the left trigger on the 3DS is in no way as comfortable or natural to use as the Z-trigger on the N64. That's a more than acceptable trade off for being able to enjoy this game without being tethered to the TV.
  51. Jun 19, 2011
    this game looks and feels like the original game the 3d looks makes it more polished and more detailed then the game cube or n64 versions. It dosen't get any better than a 3d remake of Zelda. While some things like stairs are not really polished but it dosen't even affected the game play. If you havent played it on n64 go pick it up for ur 3ds :,)
  52. Jun 19, 2011
    So far, everything I remember my childhood favorite to be. The updated graphics really add to this already great game, and the 3d is a great touch. This game was the reason my first tattoo was the triforce.
  53. Jun 20, 2011
    This game is so addictive I find myself having to control the time I play on it to make sure i get the most out of it. You should definately buy it!
  54. Jun 21, 2011
    Ocarina of Time is one of the few games that I've ever played that truly captured my imagination. The first time I played it, when I was 9, sucked me into the land of hyrule just as well as it did when I played the game 8 years later. Looking at the screenshots of this game show me the land of Hyrule, the way I imagined it as a child. It's a truly wonderful game, and simply a must buy.

55. Jun 22, 2011
    It was fifteen years ago today,
    Nintendo taught the world to play.
    It's been going in and out of style,
    but it's GUARANTEED to raise a smile.
    So may I introduce to you,
    the game you've loved for all these years,
    THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: OCARINA OF TIME!
  56. Jun 23, 2011
    Amazing remake of one of the most beloved games of all time. Improved graphics, improved sound quality, and added bonuses for beginners (e.g. Visions). Some people were complaining on the controls but I think they are great! The gyroscope makes movement easier.The new motion sensor in first person makes it easier to aim at your target or view your surrounding area. If your a Zelda fanaticAmazing remake of one of the most beloved games of all time. Improved graphics, improved sound quality, and added bonuses for beginners (e.g. Visions). Some people were complaining on the controls but I think they are great! The gyroscope makes movement easier.The new motion sensor in first person makes it easier to aim at your target or view your surrounding area. If your a Zelda fanatic or a newbie, this game is a must have. Expand
  57. Jun 24, 2011
    Best zelda ever made, made even better. Amazing, Fantastic, Perfect, Flawless, Best video game ever made. Buy it now! Stop thinking about it! Sell your dog and buy this game.
  58. Jun 25, 2011
    this game is just magical, lord of the rings good! i'm sick of people saying it's a 13 year old game, did the godfather trilogy on blueray get any bad reviews no, just take the game for what it was and still is, Pure perfection!
  59. Jun 25, 2011
    Many people complain about this game not adding any new items/dungeons or for being the same game released for the 100th time. However what those people seem to miss is the that this version of Ocarina of Time is portable and playable wherever you go, and with beautifully updated graphics to boot. In fact the graphics pretty much bring the game's artwork to life, making everything lookMany people complain about this game not adding any new items/dungeons or for being the same game released for the 100th time. However what those people seem to miss is the that this version of Ocarina of Time is portable and playable wherever you go, and with beautifully updated graphics to boot. In fact the graphics pretty much bring the game's artwork to life, making everything look like the original artist intended them to look.

Other changes include a Boss Battle mode which is nice for people who either want to test how fast they can beat a certain boss or those who simply just want to replay their favorite boss/es. Also the added Master Quest has been changed, making it a fresh experience for those who have already played the Master Quest, by mirroring the game (left is now right and vice versa) and having the enemies do twice the damage. Aside from the big aforementioned changes, alot of little tweaks went into the game as well. The menu no longer requires you to press start and interrupt the game to switch your items, now you can simply navigate your menu on the bottom screen thanks to an easy interface. You can also now use up to 4 items, instead of just 3 like in the original game, with 2 being tied to buttons and 2 being tied to the touch screen. You can also see the notes for any song your playing on the Ocarina, so should you get stumped or forget you can easily see what the right notes are. They've also even added a feature where you can get hints for how to solve a puzzle should you want help.

Now, having gone over the changes, let's discuss the cons of this version of the game. If you want to climb on top of say a block, the controls aren't too responsive. You will have to run into the block for about 2-3 seconds before it gives you the option to climb which is an odd thing indeed. Another thing that's odd control wise is using Z-targeting for long periods of time causes cramps, unfortunately because of the size of the 3DS it can hurt your hand after 2-4 hours of play depending on how often you use Z-targeting. These are minor annoyances however and don't end up bothering me too much, though the Z-targeting might affect those who play longer than I do. For me the most annoying thing about this particular version of the game is using the Ocarina. It's pretty simple to activate the Ocarina, a special touch screen button is made specially for it so you don't have to sacrifice one of your 4 item slots. However the buttons used for the notes of the songs ensure that old fans and newcomers won't remember how to play a single song. Remembering buttons corresponding to a direction,up down left right, and the "A" button for playing songs is fairly easy. However in this game the songs use the "L" and "R" shoulder buttons as well as "X, A,Y" is not simple to learn at all, and there is no pattern I can think of to make it simple to remember. What saves this issue from being really annoying is the ability, that I mentioned above, to look at notes for a song as you play it. However even with that feature it's still pretty annoying.

Now don't let the few control annoyances I mentioned dissuade you, there are only a handful of situations where they become truly noticeable flaws. The game is still as masterful as ever, with more content packed into it than any other version of the game and better visuals than all the other versions as well. If you want the definitive version this is it. Or if you're like me and want to experience your favorite game on the go then this is also it.

(I only wished some of the characters got as much attention to their details as Link and that the music was remastered to match the graphics, but those are small wishes)

Final Grade - A
  60. Jul 1, 2011
    I have never played a Legend of Zelda game before so I am completely unbiased. I can tell you first hand, That this game is pure bliss. A marriage of many different video game genres that fuses into artwork. This is nothing less than pure genius.
  61. Jun 29, 2011
    Certainly the definitive version of this game. There isn't much i need to say. Who hasn't played this game? It's a great game and well this is certainly the best way to play it. The gyro controls add a lot in my opinion and make it fun. The 3D is immersive and certainly adds to the experience. It is by no means the best Zelda game ever, nor is it the GREATEST game ever. Just about everyCertainly the definitive version of this game. There isn't much i need to say. Who hasn't played this game? It's a great game and well this is certainly the best way to play it. The gyro controls add a lot in my opinion and make it fun. The 3D is immersive and certainly adds to the experience. It is by no means the best Zelda game ever, nor is it the GREATEST game ever. Just about every zelda game after it has improved upon the mechanics in this game as well as improved its ability to tell a story and well just have tons more content and sidequests to do.

You can't go wrong with this game. It basically guarantees at LEAST 15 hours for your first playthrough and the addition of the masterquest as well as the boss challenges give it some decent replayability. I reccomend this game
  62. Jun 29, 2011
    Is definitely a load of fun for gamers new to OoT, but veterans will want to hold off. It's pretty much the same exact game, but with better graphics and effects. You may want to try the Master Quest, but it's still the same game, but a tad harder. For new players: Buy right away. Veterans: Don't waste your time.
  63. Jun 29, 2011
    It was perfect in 1998 and it's perfect in 2011. The game is flawless from gameplay to story to the updated graphics etc. I just wish all of the music would have been orchestrated and it would have had some more special features. Still a 10/10 though.
  64. Jun 30, 2011
    Visuals, game play, music, all still perfect. Honestly the best 3DS game out so far, and probably for the rest of the year. It's about time the system got the kind of titles it deserves.
  65. Jul 2, 2011
    This >> "10 OoT was an amazing game in 1998. It was many gamers first experiences with such a large, seemingly open world game. There was so much to do, and such a highly rewarding feeling of exploration. Many of the N64 era of gamers consider this to be one of the greatest games ever made. Thankfully, this version of OoT doesn't change any of the original game features or mechanics,This >> "10 OoT was an amazing game in 1998. It was many gamers first experiences with such a large, seemingly open world game. There was so much to do, and such a highly rewarding feeling of exploration. Many of the N64 era of gamers consider this to be one of the greatest games ever made. Thankfully, this version of OoT doesn't change any of the original game features or mechanics, however it does add a few features that take advantage of the 3ds hardware. Is this game still to be considered the best game ever made? Or is nostalgia a greater factor than the actual aspects of the game? Well, many die hard Zelda fans may be dismayed to hear this, but nostalgia is a HUGE factor of whether or not gamers will feel that this game is still amazing. Players who have never played OoT before this are surely going to love the story, the music, and the exploration and atmosphere, but may not feel it is one of the best games of all time. But as for the many of us who fell in love with the original, this is the same game, plain and simple. The 3ds specific features are overall enjoyable, but not game changing or breaking for that matter. the gyroscopic controls are a surprisingly well implemented idea. The 3D effect adds depth, and definitely has some moments that actually pop from the screen, however, again, it isn't game changing or necessary. Like it or not, OoT is just as amazing now as it was in 98. With the revamped graphics, the master quest, boss rush, and optional hints for newer players, this game is surely deserving of the attention of anyone who enjoys video games." Expand
  66. Jul 5, 2011
    Quite possibly the best version of Ocarina of Time. The game is the same, but the graphics, some sounds and of course the 3D and gyro sensor features add some welcomed improvements. As for the 3D in particular - it is excellent, it adds depth to everything and does not feel 'tacked-on'. I would definitely recommend this game if you have, or are considering a Nintendo 3DS.
  67. Jul 8, 2011
    This IS one of the greatest games of all time and this port holds true to the original. Any of these young kids complaining and saying this game isn't very good need to back to their Modern Warfare games and get treated for their ADD. The feelings of playing the original on the N64 with that controller can't be matched but this comes close. The wonder is still there and it holds the testThis IS one of the greatest games of all time and this port holds true to the original. Any of these young kids complaining and saying this game isn't very good need to back to their Modern Warfare games and get treated for their ADD. The feelings of playing the original on the N64 with that controller can't be matched but this comes close. The wonder is still there and it holds the test of time. Even if other games have tried to imitate what Ocarina did for more than a decade it's done better here for the most part. Expand
  68. Jul 8, 2011
    Even thirteen years after it's initial release, it's still feels fresh. That's an amazing feat. Games get older very fast, but all Ocarina of Time needed was a paint job and it's good to go. OoT is still a fantastic adventure full of mystery, adventure and action. A true gem. A classic remastered, so new people can enjoy it as well.
  69. Jul 11, 2011
    The game is well polished, highly respectable, and out of one of the greatest game series that ever existed it relives a classic game that sparked a legend, if this game was not good, then what could replace it?
  70. Jul 21, 2011
    There's always at least one troll that makes a review without ever playing the game, just because they're a console/loyalist fanboy/girl that doesn't know what they're talking about and have obviously never played the game in their life. This game has never been worth less than a 9.

The reason for that is simple, it's still a blooming great game even if it is just a remake with the same mechanics of 13 years ago. The controls work well, especially the new aiming with the 3DS' gyro sensor, there were a few occasions where the Z lock on could've worked better, and for some reason most of the time when Link falls from high places he no longer rolls, which can get annoying if you're low on hearts.

There is new content in terms of Easter eggs and a brand new Master Quest (not the GC version) that's mirrored. The graphical upgrade is nice, takes away the fog while adding more colour, more polygons and better textures on the most part, as well as better lighting effects. And overall, although the water temple was made easier (which it didn't need) the game is still great to play through and I'm not riding on nostalgia simply because I only got and completed the original 5 years ago.
  71. Jul 27, 2011
    It's no surprise that this is considered one of the best games of all time. How good is this remake exactly? Watch my review to find out!

72. Jul 28, 2011
    I never played OOT.
    It's great Zelda!
    I can't stop it.

73. Jul 30, 2011
    The original Ocarina of time is one of the greatest games ever. The remake only makes it even better. One of the biggest selling points is the complete graphical overhaul. And let me say, the new look is smoother, more polished, and just plain better. The 3D effect is nice and does some cool stuff without being gimmicky. One dissapointment is the music. Don't get me wrong, the music isThe original Ocarina of time is one of the greatest games ever. The remake only makes it even better. One of the biggest selling points is the complete graphical overhaul. And let me say, the new look is smoother, more polished, and just plain better. The 3D effect is nice and does some cool stuff without being gimmicky. One dissapointment is the music. Don't get me wrong, the music is great, it's just Nintendo has literally not changed anything. The tunes, while great, have started to show age. The touch screen has given the blessing of easier item switching, something which everyone is thankfull for. While the puzzle solving and exploration is entertaining, the sword combat, like the music, is aged. Link's combat options are limited, with only 2 avalible sword attacks (regular slash and jump attack). This is only a minor blemish in a near perfect experiance though. This is a great way to experience a already great game, and a must buy considering the 3DS's lackluster library. Expand
  74. Jul 31, 2011
    great game. you wont a good rpg for 3ds. Zelda is the game to get. 3d effects are awesome. game looks great. varrys from easy to hard. this is realy a A++ game.
  75. Aug 2, 2011
    As the original Ocarina of Time was my favorite game ever, this title had the advantage of triggering rose tinted memory's of the original, but the severe disadvantage of having to live up to them. This it did with flying colours. While you wouldn't notice at first glance, every texture and object model has been upgraded, so the general effect is to make the game look as good as youAs the original Ocarina of Time was my favorite game ever, this title had the advantage of triggering rose tinted memory's of the original, but the severe disadvantage of having to live up to them. This it did with flying colours. While you wouldn't notice at first glance, every texture and object model has been upgraded, so the general effect is to make the game look as good as you remember it (rather than as blocky as it actually was). Some of the sounds seem to have been re-recorded, but so faithfully to the original so that you might never notice. The music is as beautiful and epic as ever, though you will need headphones to truly appreciate the upgrade.

And finally we come to the gameplay. It is still techically the same game you played before so you might imagine it would play just the same. in fact a host of miner gameplay tweaks such as the ability to turn the console for fine aiming, and the touchscreen buttons that can have gear mapped to them, make the whole game run smoother and better than ever. This is not a re-release, but a total upgrade. The 3D if anything is just icing on the already brilliant cake, and means using the analoge stick and rotation controls the bow and slingshot are actually more useful, very easy to use tools.
  76. Aug 7, 2011
    Thanks to the release of it on the 3DS, adding new graphics and controls, it got me interested in this game. Before the 3DS release, I found this game very boring compared to the other Zelda games out there. It is perfect in just about every way except that you have to spend $250 dollars with the console. Plus another 35 for the game. The 3DS is getting a price drop so that will easen theThanks to the release of it on the 3DS, adding new graphics and controls, it got me interested in this game. Before the 3DS release, I found this game very boring compared to the other Zelda games out there. It is perfect in just about every way except that you have to spend $250 dollars with the console. Plus another 35 for the game. The 3DS is getting a price drop so that will easen the blow. If you have the cash, and want to replay the classics, then I recommend this game fully! Expand
  77. Aug 15, 2011
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is a remake of a 13-year oly classic. I've played a lot of remakes and most were not as good as the original. But Ocarina of Time is even better. The game offers improved graphics including a superb 3D effect. The controls were also improved (changing boots, etc. is much faster now).

The gameplay and the design remained untouched - and both aged

The gameplay and the design remained untouched - and both aged very, very well. The world and dungeon design is absolutely stunning - even when you compare it do modern games.

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is considered to be one of the best games ever. And indeed it is. You cannot do anything wrong with buying this game. Have fun!
  78. Dec 9, 2011
    Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D is a true gem which along with other titles released after it (Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario Kart and for me tales of the abyss) that truly makes the earlier discontenting 3DS a joy to own it reinvents a classic and does it well with some of the best looking 3D graphics reproduced on the handheld so far, my main issues are actually with the going aboveZelda Ocarina of Time 3D is a true gem which along with other titles released after it (Super Mario 3D Land, Super Mario Kart and for me tales of the abyss) that truly makes the earlier discontenting 3DS a joy to own it reinvents a classic and does it well with some of the best looking 3D graphics reproduced on the handheld so far, my main issues are actually with the going above expectations when delivering 'NEW' content which wasn't expected of every Zelda fan. We've seen master quest and boss fight modes in the past it would have been nice for an extra that was more intruiging in terms of individuality from other Zelda games. This does not cloud my judgement too much though as I had never completed the original this was the first time I had beat both the main and master quest. As expected of a Zelda game the design is fantastic and Grezzo should be proud of the way in which they've created this game. Graphics: 9 - Some of the best on the system. Presentation: 10 - The presentation style from menus to within the game itself in it's hud are impeccable.
    Gameplay: 9.5 - The gameplay in this game is tweaked to a high enough extent that it maintains a fresh feel through new control schemes such as use of gyroscope and touch screen. Lasting appeal: 9 - As with the original the memory of the awesome design and gameplay choices within this game will stay with you.
  79. Aug 19, 2011
    All i can say is that its just as brilliant as its always been but with better graphics.

Even tho i knew where to go and i knew all the locations its still a lengthy game as it took me about 4 days to complete 100%. which is much longer than a lot of modern games such as call of duty. To my surprise the controls are actually really good for a handheld. When i look back at it there seemed

To my surprise the controls are actually really good for a handheld.
    When i look back at it there seemed to not have as much combat as there where puzzles but i never complained about it because was that good.
    The only thing i miss is not having a big tv screen in front of me to play.
    So far this is a reason to buy a 3ds alone.
    BUY IT
  80. Aug 25, 2011
    As of now Video Games these days have a new spark in experience. Legend of Zelda Legend of Time 3D has made me buy It to remember all the rewarding moments that all Adult/Teens have had buy winning the video game. By this remake I will say this is a PERFECT game for everyone who remember the best selling game of 1998. So thanks for Shigauro Miyamato and all Nintendo workers for making allAs of now Video Games these days have a new spark in experience. Legend of Zelda Legend of Time 3D has made me buy It to remember all the rewarding moments that all Adult/Teens have had buy winning the video game. By this remake I will say this is a PERFECT game for everyone who remember the best selling game of 1998. So thanks for Shigauro Miyamato and all Nintendo workers for making all our beloved video gaming favorites. - JJ Expand
  81. Nov 14, 2011
    I loved Ocarina of Time when it launched in '98 and I love it even more now. The graphics have been greatly overhauled, the Master Quest really is challenging, and the 3D effect is awesome. I have dreamed of an Ocarina remake for a long time, and it was definitely worth the wait.
  82. Sep 4, 2011
    Ocarina of Time back on the 64 was THE best 64 game bar... possibly Mario 64. But other than that, this was an incredible game, from start to finish.
    And now, finally, that same game is back, and even better than before.
    And now, finally, that same game is back, and even better than before.
    As young Link adventures through countless Temples, destroying enemies in order to fulfil Zelda's prophecy, the game carries you away into the lands of Hyrule. You can't not like this game: everything about it is phenominal. For Retro Gamers, they've left in all the bugs and glitches!!!!
    And for newcomers of the series, it's an incredibly welcoming game: there are no tutorals, just self-recognisable controls and a fairy (HEY!!!!!!!!!!!)
    The only reason I would ever mark it down is because of it's slow begining and sometimes I tend to put it down when I have no idea what I'm doing. Sometimes those hint stones don't help...

+ Gameplay is INSANE
    + Controls are a dream
    + Best 3DS Game
    - Can be slow
    - Its hard to know what to do at times!!!

83%
  83. Sep 10, 2011
    To have the chance to play a game that improved the industry with much better graphics is something you must not miss. When the first version was released on N64, I didn't have time to play it much because I was a Playstation Player but I did have friends that had a N64 with Ocarina of Time. When I played it, I had a lot of fun but I never thought that I was going to have so much fun toTo have the chance to play a game that improved the industry with much better graphics is something you must not miss. When the first version was released on N64, I didn't have time to play it much because I was a Playstation Player but I did have friends that had a N64 with Ocarina of Time. When I played it, I had a lot of fun but I never thought that I was going to have so much fun to play it again after more than 10 years with the 3D portable version. Why this game is so nice? You don't have the feeling this game is an old game because the gameplay is almost like today's game release. The new graphics are pretty awesome and the 3D adds a lot of depth to the world. For an action-adventure game, this is one of those you should not miss out. This upgrade version was a great way to make new players enjoy the world of Hyrule. Expand
  84. Sep 12, 2011
    This was my first experience with Ocarina of Time, and I've loved every second of it. The dungeons are incredibly well thought out, the boss fights are challenging (but not frustrating, which keeps them fun to play, even when you've completed them before) and there's a great plenty of extra side-quests to partake in, and the addition of the "Master Quest" upon finishing the main game meansThis was my first experience with Ocarina of Time, and I've loved every second of it. The dungeons are incredibly well thought out, the boss fights are challenging (but not frustrating, which keeps them fun to play, even when you've completed them before) and there's a great plenty of extra side-quests to partake in, and the addition of the "Master Quest" upon finishing the main game means that the replay value is high. This is probably up there as my #1 reason to purchase a 3DS, and definitely the game that you'll bring out when showing others what the system is capable of. Expand
  85. Sep 15, 2011
    This game has been a point of adoration since I first played it, when I was 6. It is so amazing to see it with updated graphics, and having it's minor nuisances fixed (Setting boots as items for easy changing, better depth-perception with 3d, etc.). I really can't get over the reviews that say 'Teh or1g1nal wuz b3ttr.' These people obviously have not played this version, as this is theThis game has been a point of adoration since I first played it, when I was 6. It is so amazing to see it with updated graphics, and having it's minor nuisances fixed (Setting boots as items for easy changing, better depth-perception with 3d, etc.). I really can't get over the reviews that say 'Teh or1g1nal wuz b3ttr.' These people obviously have not played this version, as this is the EXACT SAME GAME, down to every Tektite, every pot, and it's contents, and every NPC. It's sole purpose of being re-released is so that people can finally have a portable version of the same game they knew and loved, or for those new to the game, to put it on a platform that they currently own, instead of having to go out and buy an N64. (I'm sorry that this is turning a bit into a 'Reviewer Review', but I want to clear some things up for those who haven't played the game yet.) I love as well, when thenix says "platforming wasn't good...", or Vlado with "...lack of a jump button...". This game never was, and never will be a platformer. Where even is this 'platforming' that he talks about being "not very good"? Then as far as the lack of jump button is concerned, Link already jumps or climbs over things when he needs to! And as far as Navi's 'worthless hints' that everyone keeps going on about? Simply ignore them if you don't like them! Nintendo makes it's games playable for such a huge variety of gamers, both young and old, so these hints, which many say are useless, are in fact completely invaluable to, say, a six year old playing this game. ( I can remember playing as a six year-old, and not knowing where to go, but having Navi chime in, and let me know.) Anyways, now that that little rant is done, I just want to say that this really is one of the most timeless (no pun intended) games of all... time... (Again, no pun intended) and is most definitely worth your time. (Agh! that's three times now! AH! FOUR!) Expand
  86. Dec 14, 2011
    I adored this game. I was in love with the classic and now I'm in love all over again. This remake really reminded me that, well - Nintendo know how to make a friggin' classic! It's hard to put into words how good Ocarina of Time 3D is.
  87. Sep 22, 2011
    Ocarina of time is one of those timeless classics that are considered the BEST ever in the whole industry, and The classic on the n64 was definitely one of if not the best games ever made, and on the 3ds it's even better.

- cons -The Remake isn't perfect, and the only REAL complain one could possibly have is the soundtrack.It still is amazing, but the quality is rather low, if the music was orchestrated it would have been much better.The only other issue i can think of is Hyrule field's low geometry, and this is kind of a stupid complain because the game still looks great and this doesn't effect the gameplay at all.

- Pros +Other than that this remake is a great showcase of how remakes should be done.It adds new features (like the flipped Master Quest, the Boss Challenge and the shikah stones) that don't break the feel of the game, and makes a lot of little polishes and things that only veterans will notice, like the improved physics, and hit detection, the improved camera and all the new easter eggs.Another strong point is the Presentation, The game Looks great, it looks the way it was meant to be, characters and environments have been totally redesigned and look much better.The animation and Framerate are also a lot smoother.The one orchestrated track that has been added to the game is amazing and it sounds just awesome.

All in all this is a great remake of a classic game, and it makes the game even better.The lack of an orchestrated soundtrack is disappointing, but there is no denying it, this game is a MUST BUY for every 3ds owner or Zelda fan in general.
  88. Oct 23, 2011
    This game is a true masterpiece. This game includes great length, great story, absolutely awesome puzzles and of course the graphics. It's been pretty much 13 years since the original game on the N64 and because of certain limitations, the N64 version looked a bit......blocky. Now having it on the 3DS, the game looks a million times better (especially the effects that appear when you playThis game is a true masterpiece. This game includes great length, great story, absolutely awesome puzzles and of course the graphics. It's been pretty much 13 years since the original game on the N64 and because of certain limitations, the N64 version looked a bit......blocky. Now having it on the 3DS, the game looks a million times better (especially the effects that appear when you play the ocarina). Great Work Ninty, you have crafted a true masterpiece. Expand
  89. Nov 23, 2011
    a beautiful classic. perfect story pacing with original, memorable character design. combat is easy enough and multi-facted for those looking to fight in their own way
  90. Oct 27, 2011
    I loved the original and i love this one just as much!! The 3D and the graphic improvements make this game worth wile getting. There is nothing like revisiting a classic N64 game!!! 10 out of 10!!!
  91. Apr 22, 2012
    Quite simply one of the best 3ds titles out there. Yes, we know it's a port, Yes, we know that you've played it on the N64 but given that the graphics were given an overhaul as well as the sound/music, this game is certainly a "must have" for any serious gamer that has a 3ds. They've even been so faithful to the game that the water temple is still as infuriating as it was on the N64 asQuite simply one of the best 3ds titles out there. Yes, we know it's a port, Yes, we know that you've played it on the N64 but given that the graphics were given an overhaul as well as the sound/music, this game is certainly a "must have" for any serious gamer that has a 3ds. They've even been so faithful to the game that the water temple is still as infuriating as it was on the N64 as well as how Navi can be so very annoying "hey, Hey, Listen, Hey, watch out, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, listen, hey, listen, listen, watch out" but without all those little things, would it truly be a faithful 3d rendition of one of the best selling games that surely deserves the accolades that come with it? no... I tip my hat to Nintendo for releasing this on the 3ds and i am eagerly awaiting when/if Majora's Mask might get the same treatment (because, let's face it, OoT and MM are two of the best zelda games that Nintendo has produced.) Expand
  92. Mar 23, 2012
    Still the same Masterpiece that came out during my childhood!, The graphics are much more colorful and beautiful than ever, and the Master Quest is simply a magnificent add!... No much to say about it... It's ''perfect''!
  93. Nov 6, 2011
    I know people call this "the best game ever", and the reviews are almost all 10/10, and while its a very, very good game, its not perfect. Its a fair-length game, especially if your hunting out all 100 gold skultullas. The graphics are amazing, the 3D is even better, the boss battles are fun, the puzzles are devious, and the Master Quest changes the whole game by adding harder puzzles toI know people call this "the best game ever", and the reviews are almost all 10/10, and while its a very, very good game, its not perfect. Its a fair-length game, especially if your hunting out all 100 gold skultullas. The graphics are amazing, the 3D is even better, the boss battles are fun, the puzzles are devious, and the Master Quest changes the whole game by adding harder puzzles to all the dungeons. However, once you complete all these things, there's nothing to do. You've won. You can go out and mess with the games many glitches (many of which are hilarious), but that's about it. Also, Master Quest is fun for about 30 minuets, as you've already beaten the game. But overall, OOT3D is a great game. Even if your not a Zelda fan, you'll be hooked on this game until you complete it. Expand
  94. May 26, 2012
    The old version is a great game but this version makes the original feel almost obsolete. It makes perfect use of the controls and remasters everything that made the original Ocarina so good. Now the 3DS should get a remake of Majora's Mask.
  95. Nov 8, 2011
    Even after 13 years after its 1998 release Ocarina of Time is still legendary. First off, the controls were the best back then and even now they hold up to today's high standards. One part of the control scheme that made the game play so smooth was the intuitive Lock-on system. This may seem like it would make Ocarina of Time a snap, but there is still a great difficulty level. TheEven after 13 years after its 1998 release Ocarina of Time is still legendary. First off, the controls were the best back then and even now they hold up to today's high standards. One part of the control scheme that made the game play so smooth was the intuitive Lock-on system. This may seem like it would make Ocarina of Time a snap, but there is still a great difficulty level. The graphics were great then, but now they look very crisp and bright. Unfortunately I can't say how the 3D effect is as I can't see it. One of the best things about the Ocarina of Time is the story. It seems simple and to the point, but it is riddled with plot twists that keep you coming back for more. One aspect of video games that many overlook is the music. Ocarina of Time has one of the best game soundtracks I have ever heard. And the variety of music styles is amazing! There aren't just one or two great tracks, every soundtrack is unique and great.

Overall, this is the best game I have ever played as it is the perfect mix of action, puzzles and story. If you call yourself a gamer you need to play some version of this game.
  96. Nov 8, 2011
    This game is classic. However, it has aged, and its controls are a touch out of date. The dungeons in the game are very clever, and the game's side quests fun. I honestly get annoyed by the stupid looking characters walking around... kinda annoying. On the positive side, castle town looks great, the story is solid, and the 3d looks cool. Overall, a solid 3ds game that all 3ds owners should enjoy
  97. Nov 19, 2012
    Probably the best re-release of a video game....ever. This game features all of the great memories you had with it as a kid, but with redone graphics & stunning 3D-effect. It's by far one of the greatest video game experiences, but the 3D just illuminates this game in glory that this game highly deserves. No matter if you've played it before or if you still call the dude in green ZeldaProbably the best re-release of a video game....ever. This game features all of the great memories you had with it as a kid, but with redone graphics & stunning 3D-effect. It's by far one of the greatest video game experiences, but the 3D just illuminates this game in glory that this game highly deserves. No matter if you've played it before or if you still call the dude in green Zelda (even though he's actually Link), you'll love this game. Expand
  98. Nov 10, 2011
    Many hours of gameplay that will keep you coming back for more and as well stunning graphics and 3d effects with great sound. Also, for the new generation of players, there is a guide to help you out so this is a game that is recommended for everybody out there.
  99. Nov 11, 2011
    RetroLancerLOL
    Jun 19, 2011
    RetroLancerLOL
    Jun 19, 2011
  100. Mar 18, 2016
    Yeah alright we get it, you all love Ocarina of Time.

Yeah alright we get it, you all love Ocarina of Time.

I don't agree that it's the best Zelda game (nor the best 3D Zelda game) but I certainly enjoy its charms! I was late to get this on 3DS and had to do a little leg work to find a copy for a reasonable price pre-owned. I hadn't played the N64 version for at least 10 years (last playing it from the Wind Waker bonus disk, which suggests it was about 12 years ago) so was coming back to this game with a healthy amount of nostalgia, but having forgotten a lot of the game and therefore coming back to it almost fresh.

I played through, enjoying the ability to close my 3DS and pick it up to continue later, and then had a quick run through the first section of the (Gamecube) N64 version to make some comparisons.

Clearly the graphics have been improved. Beyond the obvious addition of stereoscopic 3D that we love (or hate) the console for, everything has been updated. Character models look much nicer and more detailed, and all items and textures are upgraded. The music playing in stereo from your hands is nice too for those of us who grew up with mono being the only option.

Controls work well, with everything porting over from the N64 perfectly. Motion controls for the bow, slingshot etc are an interesting touch too, and play well with the New 3DS, though I imagine it being a problem with the original 3DS without the stable 3D option.

The cartridge also includes the Master Quest version of the game - if I remember correctly this was a Japan exclusive N64DD update, released in the west through the Wind Waker bonus disc I mentioned before. It changes some of the dungeons and items around, and is generally more difficult. I haven't actually played it yet in any form, but it will give me a good reason to pick this cartridge up again in a year's time.

A worthy update of a great game, and certainly all of you who claim that OoT is the greatest thing in the world ever should already have this. Is it worth buying a 3DS just for this? No of course not - but there are enough great Zelda and Mario games out now that you should get one, and this should be high on your to buy list of games for it.

1. Dec 12, 2011
    For Zelda fanatics, this re-release of one of the best Zelda titles out there seems like it could be a cash grab – but the additions, especially the great use of the 3DS graphical prowess and the 3D itself make it a must purchase for all gamers, new and old.
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Beautiful graphics, that wonderful soundtrack, the enthralling story and that damn annoying fairy, the 3DS version has it all and is easily the best port to ever be made of the legend.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 19, 2011
    One of the most definite games from the 90's is back better than ever. The new visuals brighten the epic adventure well, and the Master Quest is a nice add. All in all Ocarina of Time is a true classic belonging in every 3DS owner's shelf. [Aug 2011]