8.8

1. Dec 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Personally I feel the game feels a bit old and lacking. First of all I expected more in terms of its story, but disappointed.

One thing that I find weird is their version of saving is a bit... different. I saved at the castle level where you need to get past guards patrolling but to my surprise when I loaded my save found out I had to walk ALL THE WAY back to the level from where you start a new game. On top of that, all the monsters instantly respawn as soon as you leave a zone - yes, clean the monsters, go to other room, come back, ta-da! All the monsters are there!

I think with this current state of the game it feels like a beta to me more than a complete game. I gave it a 4 because the puzzles can be fun, but anything beyond that there wasn't anything for me.
  2. Jul 25, 2013
    I got the game, and I can honestly say that I'm not too impressed. After playing a few hours through the game, I found it dull, and lacking. For those who say the game is a "masterpiece", I would say think again. The people who find this game amazing, they are just legend of zelda fanboys that have an extremely biased opinion. There are so many other good games out on the market, that thisI got the game, and I can honestly say that I'm not too impressed. After playing a few hours through the game, I found it dull, and lacking. For those who say the game is a "masterpiece", I would say think again. The people who find this game amazing, they are just legend of zelda fanboys that have an extremely biased opinion. There are so many other good games out on the market, that this one isn't worth it. Expand

1. Dec 12, 2011
    For Zelda fanatics, this re-release of one of the best Zelda titles out there seems like it could be a cash grab – but the additions, especially the great use of the 3DS graphical prowess and the 3D itself make it a must purchase for all gamers, new and old.
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Beautiful graphics, that wonderful soundtrack, the enthralling story and that damn annoying fairy, the 3DS version has it all and is easily the best port to ever be made of the legend.
  3. Oct 19, 2011
    One of the most definite games from the 90's is back better than ever. The new visuals brighten the epic adventure well, and the Master Quest is a nice add. All in all Ocarina of Time is a true classic belonging in every 3DS owner's shelf. [Aug 2011]