8.9

1. Apr 16, 2017
    Overly overrated game. It has a lot of good features, but confuse controls (grab, up, attack - what? - never jump) and terrible camera makes it not worth a 10.
  2. Apr 8, 2017
    Game: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Developer: Nintendo System: Nintendo 3DS (3DS) Total Score: 100/100 Value Score: 10/10 • Story: 10/10 • Characters: 10/10 • GamePlay: 10/10 • Graphics: 10/10 • Sound: 10/10 • Music: 10/10 • Length: 10/10 • Replay Value: 10/10 • Player Value: 10/10 Pros +The game has been remade with improved visuals
    Game: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Developer: Nintendo
    System: Nintendo 3DS (3DS)
    Total Score: 100/100

• Music: 10/10
    • Length: 10/10
    • Replay Value: 10/10
    • Player Value: 10/10

Pros
    +The game has been remade with improved visuals and sound. Character designs look way more sharper and improved
    +Includes The Master Quest
    +Includes a Boss Challenge mode
    +The use of the touch screen assist in inventory management which makes swapping between items easier and more accessible during the adventure
    +The touchscreen also assists in playing the ocarina showcasing the notes and other information
    +The ability to choose between using manual and gyro controls when using tools and items
    +Introduction of "Visions" from Sheikah stones allow you to look at hints if you are stuck in the game
    +Iron/Hover boots can now be equipped as usable tools/items rather than equipment like in the original

Cons
    -N/A
  3. Mar 31, 2017
    después del Oot de 64 este se me hizo exageradamente sencillo... me dio la impresión de que le redijeron la dificultad... el hecho de que muestre imágenes de lo próximo a hacer le quita al juego su personalidad orinal de la que nos enamoramos todos en la n64. igualmente reconozco la mejora grafica pero no es algo que sume demasiado al fin y al cabo. Dzaga
  4. Mar 30, 2017
    Still to this day, the game is amazing. The best version of one of the best, if not the best game ever created. The 3D works and fits perfectly with the game visuals. Plus you have the Master Quest if you are worried about replay value. At its current price, it is a bargain.

A must buy for any 3DS owner.
  5. Mar 20, 2017
    Essential masterpiece.
    In this 3ds version, graphics are beautifully updated.
    I played this game first in this version, brings me so many memories...
  6. Mar 19, 2017
    I can Zelda: OoT since the released of N64. Now a port version for 3DS. The graphic was from something polished, but quality remains the same the sound.
    But it remained a perfect Zelda for the handheld console.
  7. Mar 4, 2017
    Just a classisc that must be played by everyone.

It never gets old. It´s awsome how they could maintain this high level of adventure-action over the years.
  8. Mar 4, 2017
    A game that makes me wish I had played it when it was first launched. Sure the 3DS version is the definitive version with better graphics, controls, and some more things, however... since I am effectively playing it 18 years after it launched I am viewing it from a more modern perspective. In that sense, everything OoT did has been done since and better, from more expansive stories andA game that makes me wish I had played it when it was first launched. Sure the 3DS version is the definitive version with better graphics, controls, and some more things, however... since I am effectively playing it 18 years after it launched I am viewing it from a more modern perspective. In that sense, everything OoT did has been done since and better, from more expansive stories and dungeons, to definitely better controls, and more clever puzzles. Yet I recognize that when it came out, there was nothing like OoT, certainly not in a 3D game. You had never had a truly epic game like it. But since I have played better games, I can't help but be frustrated by the limitations of the game, such as the camera and controls, some of the annoying running around (which is still a thing to be fair), the not really that deep story, and simple boss battles.

Enough criticism, the game is great at the core and still is. Despite some of its age, it is fun, the most important factor. The puzzles are usually obvious but still a delight when you figure them out, the boss battles are unique and each one requires a new strategy to win using whatever new item you acquired in the dungeon, and the story is simple but cute and makes you want to win and save the Kingdom and Princess. Starting as a child and acquiring new skills, the game expertly has every new item and skill you learn build on itself to flesh out what Link can do naturally so by the time you reach the end everything is easy to just use. There are a few non-obvious sections you have to figure out, but nothing too terrible. The twist of becoming an adult, while since spoiled, is still a joy to experience and rescuing the sages to save the land.

All in all, a game still worth playing today, but not a must play.
  9. Mar 3, 2017
    Incredible game! Definitively the best way to enjoy this classic masterpiece! Truly a must have, the golden standard when it comes to 3D games. I really don't know what else to say! Go for it!
  10. Feb 20, 2017
    Even though I'm a BIG Nintendo fan...I gotta be honest, the Zelda series is one that I don't really care for. That's not to say they're bad games, but they are games that I personally don't really like that much in terms their nonlinear structure. I much prefer a linear game to a nonlinear one and that's why I decided to give Ocarina of Time 3D a chance, since this game is probably theEven though I'm a BIG Nintendo fan...I gotta be honest, the Zelda series is one that I don't really care for. That's not to say they're bad games, but they are games that I personally don't really like that much in terms their nonlinear structure. I much prefer a linear game to a nonlinear one and that's why I decided to give Ocarina of Time 3D a chance, since this game is probably the most streamlined Zelda out there...and boy I wasn't disappointed.

STORY: Ocarina of Time really doesn't have a deep story. One day The Great Deku Tree, the guardian of a race of children called Kokori I believe, tells a fairy by the name of Navi that darkness is approaching and that the the kid destined to become the Hero of Time needs to be awaken...and Navi literally finds Link sleeping in about 2 minutes...well that was fast. After that your adventure begins as Link and your job is to save Hyrule from an evil man called Ganondorf, clear some dungeons, meet some friends, do some sidequests and have an all around great time.

PRESENTATION: My god this game is beautiful. The original N64 has nothing on this! Everything was reworked from the ground up for the 3DS and the result a colorful and amazing looking game. The models are way less blocky and detailed than before and thanks to better lighting navigating through certain areas is now much more easy. The framerate was also improved from 20 to 30, so now the animations look a heck of alot more smoother. Everything in general is faster, including text speeches, which allows you to go though the game in a more comfortable way.

But it's not just about the way it looks, but also way it sounds. Ocarina may just be the most immersive game I've played. Both the classic soundtrack and the sounds of the environment help to make forget that I'm even playing a game in the first place and that's just awesome. The usage of instruments like ocarinas or harps really sell the fantasy world of Ocarina and it just makes for a really unique experience.

The writing nowadays does feel pretty immature, but it still gets the job done nonetheless.

GAMEPLAY: My main problem with Zelda games is that they require you to explore the world in such a way that I personally always get stuck and don't know how to progress. In games like Super Metroid you don't even get hints as to how to progress and while many people like that...I don't. I don't like getting stuck for 2 hours without making any progress or getting cryptic clues that lead to nothing. This is not present in Ocarina, the game tells exactly how to progress and where to go and while that may be a flaw for some to me it's something that makes the game more enjoyable. I never got stuck, I always knew where to go and what to do, which lead to a constantly satisfying system of progression.

Even in the 2 or 3 times where I didn't know how to continue I could always rely on the Shekai Stones that were added to the 3DS version. They showed me hint movies to give me an idea on how to progress through a dungeon and I welcome that change. Some people may say that makes the game too easy, but you can always ignore them, plus it's not like the game will completely tells you how to do something, it just told me where to go, but never how to get there or how to do the task unless I wanted it to, so there's still some exploration to do.

Plus you really have to explore to find some of the heart pieces scattered in the world. I did wish that they gave you some hits to find the more cryptic ones, but it wasn't a huge deal. And when I wasn't exploring for hearts or doing sidequests in the overworld I was in the Dungeons, which were filled with enemies and fun puzzles, a new item and a boss at the end that to beat I had to use my knowledge of the item I got in the dungeon. The dungeons were really fun and very rarely did I find myself lost or out of resources. Heck even the water temple was fixed in this game, since now link has 4 item buttons at his disposal and you could access everything instantly. Yeah the temple was still convoluted, but it was way better than before.

Ocarina also has a really complex, deep and fun battle system. You lock onto an enemy and start fighting with either your sword or items. The lock on feature can be pretty inconsistent at times, but for the most part it's really fun to fight enemies.
    Some other improvement also include gyro aiming for more precision with the slingshot or bow and that the menu and map were reworked to be more fast and straightforward.

Really the only complain I have is that the overworld is HUGE, and traversing through it as young link was really slow and boring. Later in the game you get teleporters and means to get faster, but for 1/3 I was tediously side stepping all over the place and waiting around for things to happen because at night Hyrule castle was completely inaccessible.

Overall...Yeah, I really liked this game, surprisingly.

I give it a 9/10
  11. Feb 14, 2017
    This game is as good as the original one but with better graphics. The new graphics suit the game incredibly well: the charm of the original game is conserved, I absolutely loved how Link is designed. If you haven't played the original game and own a 3ds, you MUST have this game, one of Nintendo's best remakes and greatest achievements.
  12. Oct 7, 2016
    El Legend Of Zelda Del Nintendo 64 Es Catalogado Como Uno De Los Mejores Juegos De La Historia Y Sin Duda Necesitaba Un Remake Y Miren Aquí Está ... En Escensia Es Igual O Mejor Que El Original .. Simplemente Perfecto
  13. Oct 3, 2016
    Essa é a versão definitiva deste grande jogo, gráficos, jogabilidade e extras.
    A história do game também é fenomenal apresenta uma atmosfera genial.
    Esse é o segundo melhor game da série na minha opinião.
  14. Sep 18, 2016
    This version take a great game and make in the 3DS a better game. The control are 100% better than the original and the graphics are more beautiful, like a Wii game with the effects in Beast Ganon and in the Poots. Just PERFECT !
  15. Sep 9, 2016
    Great remake of one of the best games of its generation. Still enjoyable today. Totally recommended, one of the best games on the 3DS. Although you can skip it if you have already played it to death before. Not much have been added.
  16. Aug 31, 2016
    The game feels really old when you play, I mean, The camera view is terrible, The combat mode is almost rudimentary and requires and improvement, an update, because this game is just an adaptation from N64 to 3DS
  17. Aug 16, 2016
    It's the same Ocarina of time game with some graphical upgrades & game play tweaks. Solid fps, except when in 3D mode it can drag if there's too much on the screen. The 3D looks great to boot. It also adds a new hint system for new players. Sadly, there's not much new here for anyone who's played the original. There is a boss select mode at least where you can fight any boss you'veIt's the same Ocarina of time game with some graphical upgrades & game play tweaks. Solid fps, except when in 3D mode it can drag if there's too much on the screen. The 3D looks great to boot. It also adds a new hint system for new players. Sadly, there's not much new here for anyone who's played the original. There is a boss select mode at least where you can fight any boss you've already beaten & there is the Master Quest mode but you have to unlock it first by beating the game at least once.

Overall, worth getting with the discount price of $19.99 or cheaper. I just wish they added something extra for people who've played it already, as I've beaten the original over a dozen times.
  18. Aug 7, 2016
    If you are a gamer today, chances are you have heard about The Legend of Zelda. You have also probably heard of Ocarina of Time. The game itself has become something of a legend. When Ocarina of Time first launched back in 98 on the N64 it was a ground breaking title. It was the first 3D Zelda game. It was one of if not the first to feature a lock on system using 'z-targeting'. But it wasIf you are a gamer today, chances are you have heard about The Legend of Zelda. You have also probably heard of Ocarina of Time. The game itself has become something of a legend. When Ocarina of Time first launched back in 98 on the N64 it was a ground breaking title. It was the first 3D Zelda game. It was one of if not the first to feature a lock on system using 'z-targeting'. But it was also one of the rare games that received perfect scores from a variety of media sites. It is still held in high regard by many as one of the finest games ever created (myself included). It goes without saying however that Ocarina hasn't aged well. The N64's color palette was limited. Compared to more modern games Ocarina of Time on the N64 looks dull, muddy and lacks contrast and its character models are stiff.

That is where Ocarina of Time 3D comes in. A faithful re-imagining of the classic game that enhances but respects its source material. The first noticeable improvement is of course the graphics. The character models have been updated to reflect the original 98 concept art. The color palette is more saturated. Of course it bears mentioning that the 3D indicated in the title is put to good use here.

The game manages to retain everything you loved about the original while enhancing it. The enhancement goes beyond the visuals as well. Special attention has been given to the interface. Inventory management is handled through the touch screen which is intuitive. The game also has a gyroscope feature that allows for precise aiming with the bow and other items like the hookshot.

19. Jul 3, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is the greatest video game remake ever made. It also just so happens that The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is the greatest video game ever made.

OoT 3D was the first project ever by development team Grezzo. This is an important piece of context to note when looking at the game as a whole. A young and unproven dev team is given their first project: remaking what most consider to be the best game ever. Good luck.

With this task, Grezzo does what they should do: they treat the source material with immense respect. Everything has been faithfully recreated, exactly as you remember it. This time, however, the visuals are enhanced by some 15 years. While Super Mario 64 DS took liberties all over the place, adding and removing levels, changing up the story, and more, OoT 3D doesn't mess with a perfect formula. The Grezzo devs were so intent on keeping the game unchanged, they left in some silly, harmless bugs that were in the original game. It's almost like they were afraid to change anything at all, and that resulted in a perfectly faithful recreation. A purist's wet dream, so to speak.

But, the next natural question must be in the back of your mind: if they didn't add anything, why buy the game? Well, just the idea of re-experiencing the best game ever should be a draw. If that doesn't sell the game, then the new gorgeous graphics and beautiful 3D effect should help out. Hell, the remake also makes the controls smoother than ever before, using the bottom screen for the map/inventory in a very intuitive way and adding some (optional!) motion controls. But even for those still unconvinced- after you beat the game once, you unlock a new quest that you've probably never seen before. Ura Zelda, an OoT add-on from Japan that later got released on a super-rare gamecube disc here in the states is included in this remake. It's essentially the same game as OoT, but all the dungeons are completely redesigned to be more challenging. This totally unnecessary addition is awesome in providing dozens more hours of replayablilty to this already-50-hour quest.

If you loved OoT, buy the remake, if you never played OoT, buy the remake, if you hated OoT, buy the remake.

If you have a 3DS, you would be doing a disservice to yourself by missing out on this masterpiece.

20. Jun 24, 2016
    Gameplay:
    Gameplay:
    Ocarina of Time, like other Zelda games, is an action-adventure game with RPG elements. The unique aspect of this Zelda game is the use of the Ocarina, which controls time. The ocarina can be used to bring sun or rain, to unlock passages, and to transport to certain locations. Staples of Zelda gameplay are present, such as dungeons, boss battles, finding treasures, etc. Many new players may find it difficult to know where to go to progress in the game, but that's an element of an old game.

Story:
    A young boy named Link, a Hyrulian who finally gains his own guardian fairy, must begin his journey in order to stop Gannondorf from taking the triforce and destroying the world. Link must traverse various landscapes, environments and dungeons in order to restore peace to Hyrule.

Graphics:
    Ocarina of Time's graphics are obviously outdated due to the fact that it is an old game; however, I am impressed with the 3D! Although many believe that 3D is a gimmick, this game proves that 3D can enhance a game's experience. The only issue I ever encountered in this game was constant frame rate drops in the first section of the battle with Gannon.

Verdict:
    This is a game that must be played! New players will be able to experience this classic in its best version and Zelda veterans will find enjoyment in seeing this game with minor improvements. A great bonus is the Master Quest, which is a different version of the base game where many things are in different locations than the original. Although the graphics are outdated, the gameplay is as refined as ever! Highly recommended!
  21. Jun 22, 2016
    Everybody knows it's one of the best games ever, but this time it got remastered and has beautiful graphics and enhancements.
    The story is legendary, Link looks amazing he is cute when young and sexy as a teenager. The characters really got bulked up and look very good. It's a must have for everybody who likes videogames at all. The music is also a masterpiece.
  22. Jun 12, 2016
    Positives: The battle system in this game is fantastic. Obviously the 2d Zelda battle system would not work in a 3d space so Nintendo introduced z-targeting allowing you to target your enemy. Then you use b to attack, a while moving to dodge or jump attack and y, x or the buttons on the touch screen to use items. It keeps it simple like the previous games but very engaging. Also this gamePositives: The battle system in this game is fantastic. Obviously the 2d Zelda battle system would not work in a 3d space so Nintendo introduced z-targeting allowing you to target your enemy. Then you use b to attack, a while moving to dodge or jump attack and y, x or the buttons on the touch screen to use items. It keeps it simple like the previous games but very engaging. Also this game features a huge open field to explore made even more fun by the new horse Epona, enjoyable puzzles along with (mostly) fantastic dungeons and really good boss fights. Also this game features a pretty good story (even if a bit cliche at times) and good controls. Negatives: At times the camera is a little awkward but its not a huge issue. Also The Great Jabu Jabu's Belly is a terrible dungeon and at times it can be a little slippy but even with these problems, I'd still give Ocarina a 10/10 and call it the 2nd best Zelda game of all time after Majora's Mask. Expand
  23. May 16, 2016
    Wow! now I understand the love affair of the Zelda series this game is phenomenal from the visual graphics to the art as well as the rich story line. Without a doubt this game is amazing; truly one of the best games I have ever played. The only reason this game is not a 10 is because the controls on the 3ds are at times gimmicky other than if you loved Nintendo or have 3ds you need to tryWow! now I understand the love affair of the Zelda series this game is phenomenal from the visual graphics to the art as well as the rich story line. Without a doubt this game is amazing; truly one of the best games I have ever played. The only reason this game is not a 10 is because the controls on the 3ds are at times gimmicky other than if you loved Nintendo or have 3ds you need to try this game; Wonderful game. Expand
  24. May 10, 2016
    A beautiful adventure awaits, a perfect game from the moment you pop the cartridge, to the moment you finish the game and beyond! It's a classic every 3ds owner should have, now with new graphics and a more user friendly user interface the adventure is grander than ever!
  25. May 4, 2016
    For a first time player in the Legend of Zelda series, this game is amazing. If you are new to the series, I suggest you try this out first. Anyways, the game is a remake of the N64 title TLOZ Ocarina of Time. Nintendo added a whole bunch of things, such as better graphics, 3D, Gyro controls, and a few fixes. There is so much to do. You can collect Gold Skulltulas, look for Heart Pieces,For a first time player in the Legend of Zelda series, this game is amazing. If you are new to the series, I suggest you try this out first. Anyways, the game is a remake of the N64 title TLOZ Ocarina of Time. Nintendo added a whole bunch of things, such as better graphics, 3D, Gyro controls, and a few fixes. There is so much to do. You can collect Gold Skulltulas, look for Heart Pieces, explore, battle enemies, and advance in the story (obviously). Some of the Dungeons might need a bit of thinking to do if you are new to the series. Some bosses might be hard for new players as well. The game is amazing and if you're looking for a good game you should pick this up. It is going for $20 on the eShop. Expand
  26. May 1, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is a action-adventure video game co-developed by Grezzo and Nintendo EAD Tokyo and published by Nintendo.

The player controls the series' trademark hero, Link, in the land of Hyrule. Link sets out on a quest to stop Ganondorf, King of the Gerudo tribe, from obtaining the Triforce, a sacred relic that grants the wishes of its holder. Link travels back and forth through time and navigates various dungeons to awaken sages who have the power to seal Ganondorf away. Music plays an important role to progress, the player must learn to play and perform several songs on an ocarina.
  27. Apr 30, 2016
    If the Nintendo 64 version earned a 10, this game must earn the same score. Ocarina of Time is back for a 3D experience for only your Nintendo 3DS. Get a copy if you wanted Ocarina of Time for your entire life.
  28. Apr 2, 2016
    Having heard for years that this is the best game of all time I was thrilled when it came on the 3DS.

However this game turned out be a major disappointment for me. The story isn't that interesting to me, it doesn't capture you at all, the combat is stale and feels like you are constantly waiting for the enemy to strike and then you can make your move to defeat it. Also the camera can sometimes be just an absolute nightmare.

I enjoyed the temples to a certain extent, they were fun to solve but some could get frustrating with backtracking. But they always manage to make you feel satisfied while you're making progress

The game was fun in parts but overall frustrating and just not that interesting.
  29. Mar 25, 2016
    exelent gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  30. Mar 18, 2016
    Yeah alright we get it, you all love Ocarina of Time.

Yeah alright we get it, you all love Ocarina of Time.

I don't agree that it's the best Zelda game (nor the best 3D Zelda game) but I certainly enjoy its charms! I was late to get this on 3DS and had to do a little leg work to find a copy for a reasonable price pre-owned. I hadn't played the N64 version for at least 10 years (last playing it from the Wind Waker bonus disk, which suggests it was about 12 years ago) so was coming back to this game with a healthy amount of nostalgia, but having forgotten a lot of the game and therefore coming back to it almost fresh.

I played through, enjoying the ability to close my 3DS and pick it up to continue later, and then had a quick run through the first section of the (Gamecube) N64 version to make some comparisons.

Clearly the graphics have been improved. Beyond the obvious addition of stereoscopic 3D that we love (or hate) the console for, everything has been updated. Character models look much nicer and more detailed, and all items and textures are upgraded. The music playing in stereo from your hands is nice too for those of us who grew up with mono being the only option.

Controls work well, with everything porting over from the N64 perfectly. Motion controls for the bow, slingshot etc are an interesting touch too, and play well with the New 3DS, though I imagine it being a problem with the original 3DS without the stable 3D option.

The cartridge also includes the Master Quest version of the game - if I remember correctly this was a Japan exclusive N64DD update, released in the west through the Wind Waker bonus disc I mentioned before. It changes some of the dungeons and items around, and is generally more difficult. I haven't actually played it yet in any form, but it will give me a good reason to pick this cartridge up again in a year's time.

A worthy update of a great game, and certainly all of you who claim that OoT is the greatest thing in the world ever should already have this. Is it worth buying a 3DS just for this? No of course not - but there are enough great Zelda and Mario games out now that you should get one, and this should be high on your to buy list of games for it.
  31. Mar 14, 2016
    Uno de los mejores juegos de la saga The Legend Of Zelda; si eres fanático de esta saga y quieres tener en tu colección un excelente juego, este es para ti. Una historia envolvente, que te engancha desde el primer momento y con la que puedes pasar muchas horas entretenido. Muy recomendado y una verdadera joya de los videojuegos.
  32. Mar 11, 2016
    The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.
    by Hayden Baker
    The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.
    by Hayden Baker
    The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time is a great game because it had a great backstory and brilliant ending. It had great graphics and once the Nintendo 64 came out the graphics were even better. This is exactly why more people bought it. I thought they could have put in a couple of hints in the forest temple part because I got stuck on that for about three months. It has a great amount of music.

I love the bosses.The dungeons had awesome mini bosses. I like how you can go to the past and future and control the weather. I love how on every last boss in every game in Zelda makes you hit the power orb back and forth. It has a lot of mini dungeons which kind of annoys me. I love how you sometimes have a choice not to explore for heart containers. I love how you explore for the weapons and items you need for a dungeon.

The programmers have outdone themselves. It is hard to match and mix everything to make such a wonderful game. The problems are that they need to give you more hints in the game. Also make it a bit harder so that way the gamer can’t just beat it in one day. Such a wonderful game I hope whoever reads this plays the game.
  33. Feb 29, 2016
    I gotta admit, this was an AMAZING game. Totally worth it, I loved most of it, but not all. I got kinda tired with the continuous dungeons again and again as adult Link, though personally, I think I rushed the game to make myself feel this way. I look forward to playing other Zelda games and this game is definitely an awesome starter for newcomers into the Zelda series!
  34. Feb 29, 2016
    OOT with better graphics! On 3DS! I couldnt believe it! Awesome game, probably one of the best games ever. If you love games with a bit of sadness, great music, awesome landscapes, and an incredible story!
  35. Feb 9, 2016
    Despite that I had an N64 when I was little, I did not own Ocarina of Time for the N64. In fact the very first Zelda game I played was Twilight Princess for the GameCube. In late 2008, I heard of how great and how awesome it is and by 2013, I heard a lot of people saying how Overrated the game is or didn't age well Which left me skeptical.
    Whenever I got my own 3DS, I finally decided to
    Whenever I got my own 3DS, I finally decided to give this game a shot and... Well, It's not my number 1 favorite video game but It's definately one of the best Zelda games I've ever played. I was addicted to it and I've beaten it twice.
    The visuals were gorgeous, the music is spot on and memorable, the controls were smooth, the combat was epic, I love most of the dungeons, the story is very well told and it has a lot of replayability. My only complaints were the Water Temple, the baren Hyrule Field and Navi.
    Overall, an awesome game that everyone should at least give it a shot.
  36. Feb 2, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I've finally played OoT over 17 years since it's original release. Minor spoilers below.

Although the maps, dungeons, characters etc. are all essentially the same as the original N64 release, the textures, models and animations have apparently all been redesigned and rebuilt from scratch. And boy does this game impress visually. Granted, the 3DS’s small screen may give an apparent boost to the visuals, but overall this looks fantastic. Colours are bright, the lighting is great, textures look rich and character animations are quirky in a way only Nintendo characters can be. There is some occasional pop-up over longer draw-distances, but this is a relatively minor occurrence. On one occasion the framerate dipped, but again this was minor. The 3D effects work a treat on the 3DS and lend the game a new depth which it never had before.

I could wax lyrical for hours on every aspect of this game, but unfortunately metacritic has limited me to 5000 characters.

So, is OoT a perfect game? Well, no. But that’s only because I believe that perfection is subjective and whilst we may strive towards it always, it is ultimately unattainable. Yes, OoT has its flaws. For example, when I found the first Great Fairy Fountain and received the spin attack move, the Great Fairy mentioned about visiting some other fairy near Hyrule Castle who would give me another spell. Of course, this seemed optional and not particularly important at the time and so was eventually forgotten about. Later in the game I found myself outside the Shadow Temple, scratching my head wondering how to get in. I assumed there must be some fireball-type spell, but Navi remained useless in her advice and just kept telling me to take breaks. Now, in fairness if I had of played OoT back in the day, the manual would have shown me that Din’s Fire seemed to be the spell I needed and I would have went off looking for it. So a word of advice to any of you playing classic videogames for the first time; get a pdf copy of the original manual! Another technical error was playing music for Darunia as I had figured out that’s what I needed to be done to settle his nerves. But I played it too far away from him (a few metres!), and his apparent hearing impairment, and thus lack of reaction, led to me again scratching my head as to how to proceed. But, these issues were truly minor in the scale of things and I really am nit-picking here. To return to my question, is OoT the perfect game? No, but it represents a watershed moment in gaming history and achieved greatness in every area of game design to such an extent that videogames are still playing catch-up today. I lost count of the amount of OoT influences that I retrospectively realised stemmed from here; the open 3D world influences on the Fallout, Far Cry and GTA series, its influences on every combat game since (Devil May Cry, God of War), as well as its influences on every subsequent adventure and platform game (Ico). It’s camera and targeting system has been copied and emulated to varying degrees of success and its context based controls reminded me of the Gears of War cover system which was released 8 years later. A good friend also pointed out the revolutionary nature of jumping without a jump button!

An analogy I think of when reflect on the impact of OoT is that it represented such an evolutionary change in gaming it feels like it was the equivalent of Homo Sapiens heralding the end of the Neanderthals. It truly was a joy and a pleasure to experience. My only regret is that I didn’t get to experience it back in 1998, but I can guarantee you I will be entering the world of Hyrule again soon! Hopefully a future release will allow me to shotgun Navi.

I highly recommend!

37. Jan 16, 2016
    This game is truly one of the best games ever made and this remake still allows it to live up to that title. The storyline is a work of art that captures the gamer. The controls are still great and the graphics were sweet. The music is incredible and it fits each environment in the story perfectly. The characters are loveable and they each have a unique and deep background that begsThis game is truly one of the best games ever made and this remake still allows it to live up to that title. The storyline is a work of art that captures the gamer. The controls are still great and the graphics were sweet. The music is incredible and it fits each environment in the story perfectly. The characters are loveable and they each have a unique and deep background that begs for interest. The gameplay is one of the best I've experienced, with many gadgets to use to solve puzzles and challenges. This is my favorite game of all time and I hope it will be yours too! Expand
  38. Jan 8, 2016
    Its really good game. I got stuck pretty often and had to ask how its done. Game is really great aslong as you reach that one boss. Fiirstly it takes so long to get to there that I die almost everytime before that. After that is the actual boss luckily I have like two or three lifes left then. Then I usually die before even hitting the boss. Also all these collectibles are hiding and IIts really good game. I got stuck pretty often and had to ask how its done. Game is really great aslong as you reach that one boss. Fiirstly it takes so long to get to there that I die almost everytime before that. After that is the actual boss luckily I have like two or three lifes left then. Then I usually die before even hitting the boss. Also all these collectibles are hiding and I never find them and I have so little hit poits that I lose them all the time. So if they could have changed that one dungeon this game would be perfect. Expand
  39. Jan 5, 2016
    When compared to the newer Zelda games, Ocarina of Time feels dated. But despite this remains an enjoyable experience. Maybe just not as good as when you played it on the N64. OoT was the first Zelda game to be rendered in 3 dimensions. It made advancements in combat and dungeon design that had not been seen in previous Zelda game. Most the dungeons are pretty straight forward and not tooWhen compared to the newer Zelda games, Ocarina of Time feels dated. But despite this remains an enjoyable experience. Maybe just not as good as when you played it on the N64. OoT was the first Zelda game to be rendered in 3 dimensions. It made advancements in combat and dungeon design that had not been seen in previous Zelda game. Most the dungeons are pretty straight forward and not too difficult. A great game to play on the go. One disappointment is the lack of remastered/remixed audio. I do recommend this to anyone who owns a 3DS as its the best action adventure game on the system. Expand
  40. Dec 18, 2015
    Truly an enjoyable experience. It really amazes me that this game originally came out 17 years ago. 17!
    I could only imagine how much of a mind-blowing experience it was at the time. The gameplay was way ahead of its time.

What amused me was, though the story obviously was not intended to be its strength, it was nonetheless entertaining because it was probably one of the earliest game that dealt with Time Travel, and it dealt with it in such a simple and lighthearted way. Time skip / Time travel is often a very good way to develop characters, you can call it a cheat way of doing it, but it works, it gives the characters instantaneous growth and with little effort it can make the audience themselves try to fill in the 7 year gap with their own growth stories for those characters. Gotta say it was very well played whether it was intended or not.

It's already an amazing game as it is, compound that with nostalgia, it's not surprising that fans often claim this to be the greatest game of all time. Worth my $40 and 30 hours, even in 2015.
  41. Dec 12, 2015
    As I'm a Asexual girl and gamer, I can say with certainty that play Ocarina of Time for me is much more pleasurable than a orgasm. After all, this game isn't only the best of Zelda series, but the most important and impressive game of all time. Ocarina of Time for 3DS is the same game of Nintendo 64, but with better graphics. Worth playing it? If you have a 3DS / New 3DS, there are twoAs I'm a Asexual girl and gamer, I can say with certainty that play Ocarina of Time for me is much more pleasurable than a orgasm. After all, this game isn't only the best of Zelda series, but the most important and impressive game of all time. Ocarina of Time for 3DS is the same game of Nintendo 64, but with better graphics. Worth playing it? If you have a 3DS / New 3DS, there are two options: yes or certainly. Expand
  42. Nov 11, 2015
    This version of the game makes me miss the N64. The controls basically ruined an above average game for me. The soundtrack and the visuals look awesome.
  43. Nov 7, 2015

If you loved Ocarina on the N64 this is the definitive version and even comes with Master Quest and a Boss rush mode. If you are new to the Zelda series or are looking for a new 3DS title? This is an essential game to own.
  44. Nov 4, 2015
    Ocarina of Time is a great game. And now that it has been taken over to the 3DS, it is even better! Does this game live up to it's unforgiving hype? Let's find out.

A:Music/Sounds The Legend of Zelda series has always been well known for their music, but this game's music never really... stood out to me. There was only one soundtrack that really caught my attention (Gerudo Valley)

A:Music/Sounds

The Legend of Zelda series has always been well known for their music, but this game's music never really... stood out to me. There was only one soundtrack that really caught my attention (Gerudo Valley) but all the other music could probably be replaced with music from different games and I wouldn't be able to tell. This is based on taste, but that is just my experience. The sounds are good as well, but again, not the best in the franchise.

B: Graphics

Oh my god, you have no idea how great the graphics in this game is. The amount of detail that has been put into EVERYTHING is outstanding (The floor in the Temple of Time is reflective!) Did you even realise the huge graphical difference between the N64 and 3DS versions? It is HUGE! I had no idea that graphics could get that good? Have you seen how small the 3DS is? How could such amazing graphics fit on the tiny thing? The world shall never know, I guess...

10/10 WITH my Thumbs Up of Approval

C: Gameplay

This game's gameplay never really stood out to me. I know that this game was what really defined all of the future LoZ games to come, but all the other ones improved on it. This one... it sort of stayed with the same old same old N64 gameplay mechanics.

4/10 (Could have been improved since the N64 version)

D: Story

Last but not least, the story. Not much to tell, really. Ganondorf is evil, Link stops him. This is probably just a 3D variation of the original LoZ, but they really could have improved it a bit. Maybe I'm missing something here that I forgot, but this is just me.

3/10 (Same old story)

Overall, the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is a great game and is really worth getting. An amazing game for the 3DS, but that's about it. If you put it on the consoles, no one would really care. (I mean, they would, but it wouldn't have seemed as outstanding as it being on the 3DS) So overall, I give the Ocarina of Time 3D a...

7/10 (Worth getting for the 3DS, not worth getting the 3DS for)
  45. Sep 30, 2015
    While it's pretty annoying that Nintendo feels the need to repackage this game and put it back on the market every couple of years, the magic is still there. I'm not going to **** you and say that the 3D feature adds a whole level of depth to the game and made me feel like I was playing it for the first time again. The 3D was neat, but the really nice thing about this release is the nice,While it's pretty annoying that Nintendo feels the need to repackage this game and put it back on the market every couple of years, the magic is still there. I'm not going to **** you and say that the 3D feature adds a whole level of depth to the game and made me feel like I was playing it for the first time again. The 3D was neat, but the really nice thing about this release is the nice, clean graphics. Expand
  46. Sep 27, 2015
    Dungeon design is weak, usually you just entire a room, solve a lame puzzle and move on. Only a few dungeons actually seem unique. Back to the puzzles, they usually consist of "shoot this" or "throw that" at some obvious object. The world feels empty, like something is missing. All the characters are just living encyclopedias (excluding Zelda and Sheik). The entire world just isn't fun toDungeon design is weak, usually you just entire a room, solve a lame puzzle and move on. Only a few dungeons actually seem unique. Back to the puzzles, they usually consist of "shoot this" or "throw that" at some obvious object. The world feels empty, like something is missing. All the characters are just living encyclopedias (excluding Zelda and Sheik). The entire world just isn't fun to explore and it takes a while to finally get a horse. The combat is fun and complex but usually just slashing away with your sword gets the job done. At least the bosses are fun to fight and never feel the same. Expand
  47. Sep 24, 2015
    This is one of Nintendo's success's. The story is just like old times....AMAZING! The art feels fresh and new. The music is as harmonic as ever. And the characters you really grow a bond with. I love this game and it brings back nostalgia.
  48. Jun 24, 2015
    This remake of the 1998 classic does not disappoint. With the revamped graphics and integration of 3DS features, the story and gameplay still feels as captivating as before.
  49. Jun 17, 2015
    Barely average- this remake of the in 1998 original is clearly a cash grab on nintendo's part make several (slight) improvements such as in the graphics and gameplay and the fact that the adventure is now portable- apart from that there isn't much difference that I can see. The gyro sensor features is a mere gimmick that eventually just serves to annoy, as a slight movement will send theBarely average- this remake of the in 1998 original is clearly a cash grab on nintendo's part make several (slight) improvements such as in the graphics and gameplay and the fact that the adventure is now portable- apart from that there isn't much difference that I can see. The gyro sensor features is a mere gimmick that eventually just serves to annoy, as a slight movement will send the camera flailing in that direction- though you can turn this feature off. I honestly can't see how all of these 10/10 scores exist. It also seems like the majority of gameplay and puzzles is merely based on guesswork, and often leaves you wandering around aimlessly. In fact after being stuck on one section of the game (due to the game's crap controls) I ended up hurling my ds across the room in frustration!! The fact that it's just so average makes it even more painful to play. I enjoyed the original when I was a kid, but I've outgrown my rose-tinted glasses and what's on offer here is simply not up to scratch by today's standards. Again, if this had been released 10 years ago or Nintendo didn't simply copy and paste the same tired formula and actually tried to innovate it'd be everything I'd hoped for and more, but that isn't the case- lazy. Very disappointing. Maybe I got my hopes up- but I expect more from the legendary Nintendo in one of their headline franchises. Expand
  50. Jun 8, 2015
    Pros:
    +Graphics are nice.
    +Soundtrack and sound in general is amazing.
    +Motion controls!
    +3D is good.

Cons:
    -Clunky controls.
    -Boring as hell.
    -Dull combat.

Ocarina of Time is really not bad, don't get me wrong, but only if you really like Zelda, which i do not. I find other Zelda games much, much better. Instead of buying this, get ALBW.
  51. Jun 2, 2015
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is one of the greatest games on the 3DS console, it has amazing game play with intriguing adventures. The new 3D remake is awesome and the graphics are great too, This is a game that every gamer must play, it brought be into the Legend Of Zelda series and I'm attached to it ever since. Expand
  52. May 31, 2015
    now, i love the n64 Version, but this one is very frustrating! Some items are do nothing useful like the shard of agony. It is very different than the normal, and i am stuck because of a glitch! And the glitch would not go away! I am very disappointed in the game right now.
  53. Apr 29, 2015
    As the best Zelda game in the series, it still holds up today. The 3DS remaster is amazing. It did everything right and was really fun to play. Perfect controls, perfect music, perfect everything. The dungeons are interesting and will keep you with the game. This is absolutely incredible.
  54. Apr 24, 2015
    Best game of all time remains in it's place.
    Love the remake even more. I just hope that next time, the developers take the time to really polish everything like they did with Majora's Mask 3D.
    No need to rush it, as it'll sell.
  55. Apr 20, 2015
    The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D restores my favorite game of all time and brings it to a new generation of gamers who need to know what a good game looks like. it is a nice addition to the current nintendo line-up, which has been very boring and pretty bad as of late.
  56. Apr 6, 2015
    Brought a 3DS just for this game, played through it over 15 times, played over 300 hours, worth every Penny, would recommend it to anyone who owns a 3DS.
  57. Apr 6, 2015
    Playing an overworked version of one of the best games of all times on a portable system and in 3D is like a dream come true!
    Not only does the game look absolutely amazing, so does the 3D effect as well, and the new hint system is a highly welcome addition!
    Sadly, Nintendo missed the chance to overwork and improve the game, by releasing a true remake: There still are very little

There still are very little options, f.e. isnt it possible to change the camera speed, there are no new areas, enemies, quests, items or skills, and no circle pad controls have been patched in, which i miss painfully...

Still, even after all those years, the game remains amazing and might be the best game for the 3DS...
    93/100 points
  58. Mar 31, 2015
    The original game is not the best of all time, but easily the most important and innovative. This remake improves the already great original. With a great sense of exploration, music that no other game can match, and great dungeons with fun puzzles to solve, You would be mad to give the game anything lower than a 8. However, No game is flawless, and this game is no exception. Navi, your inThe original game is not the best of all time, but easily the most important and innovative. This remake improves the already great original. With a great sense of exploration, music that no other game can match, and great dungeons with fun puzzles to solve, You would be mad to give the game anything lower than a 8. However, No game is flawless, and this game is no exception. Navi, your in game fairy and guide, can be annoying at times, but not to the extent that people make out. In my opinion, This game is a true classic. The new improved graphics are a great addition. I would give the game a 9.7, but as Metacritic doesn't allow you to have decimal places in your review, I will give the game a 10 Expand
  59. Mar 14, 2015
    easily the greatest game of all time with fixes to previous minor gripes (pausing to change into iron bots anyone?). this game has actually aged really well also still having the best game play you will find anywhere.
  60. Mar 10, 2015
    This is my #1 favourite Zelda game of ALL TIME. I beat the game, the bosses are fun. The graphics are f***ing awesome. The gameplay is flawless. The visuals are stunning. Warning:This game is almost out of stock. If you find a copy, GET IT IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT! This game is fun overall. Get this and Majora's Mask 3D if you haven't. Oh, and the story is pretty great.
  61. Feb 1, 2015
    This is a port and a port it shall be. I never thought Nintendo would go back to production and try creating a newer version of the classic. If you ask me, I'm glad they didn't. All I wanted was to play this game, which I love, in a handheld. Backseat of a car, at the buss stop, waiting in line at some appointment with my ophthalmologist; all glorious places now that I can proceed throughThis is a port and a port it shall be. I never thought Nintendo would go back to production and try creating a newer version of the classic. If you ask me, I'm glad they didn't. All I wanted was to play this game, which I love, in a handheld. Backseat of a car, at the buss stop, waiting in line at some appointment with my ophthalmologist; all glorious places now that I can proceed through the Ice cavern instead of going page to page in some meaningless magazine that probably tries to make me feel bad for not being a millionaire, good-looking or both.

This works people, the analog stick lets you control link even better than you did with that bulky Nintendo 64 controller. The entire adventure is there to be experienced. And more, that bonus for lucky ones who could had pre-ordered Zelda Wind Waker—named Zelda Master Quest—is present and should be unlocked to anyone who finishes the game once. Good nostalgia pack with a few bonus, I'm sold. It all depends on how bad is your case of the disease. If nostalgia has got you pretty bad, yield and go to the nearest shop and make things right. If not, save for something better, it's just a port anyway. There'll probably be millions of them in a few years.
  62. Jan 15, 2015
    If you have played Ocarina Of Time on the N64 i would say that this is merely a graphical upgrade.
    But if you haven't, you're in for, quite literally: An adventure.
    So let's get started! For people that are just getting started as an average gamer, you've heard a least one thing about the franchises started by the one and only Nintendo. Which to be honest, i've lost interest for.
    But if you haven't, you're in for, quite literally: An adventure.

So let's get started!

But nothing has gotten me closer to die from a beautifulness-overload than this game.
    Graphics is the most notable thing along with an HD soundtrack, sound, sprites, models, text, everything to say the least.

The major(a)ity of the game is mostly about puzzles and beating the sh*t out of your fellow enemies, which i'm gonna' confess: i suck at puzzles. But this game would be nothing without the trickiness, and that goes without saying really. I mean, every Legend Of Zelda game has puzzles to mix with your mind.
    The story is awesome, my reviews are not really supposed to go into much gameplay if not neccesary (see my Guns Of Icarus review) but anyways.

In the game you play as either Link or a random dude whose name has been chosen by you.
    As i said, the story is awesome, it really feels like an adventure. I remembered being almost confused when i got the Master Sword (i'm referring to what happens straightly after that. I won't spoil anything though :3)

Here's everyone's favourite part: the summary!

Pros:

1) Awesome beautiful graphics (for a handheld)
    2) Sountrack it majestic
    3) Storyline has a lot of twists and is one of the best i've been a part of in years

Cons:

1) Is a handheld game, i preferably don't play a handheld game because of the constantly decreasing battery level and the smaller screen
    2) Is exactly like the N64 version
    3) A lot of censoring chanhges (this barely matters)
    4) Puzzle-haters will think that this is pain in a deku nutshell.

So to round this up:
    The game is as awesome as it was on the N64 but with a beautiful new style and a HD-ifyed awesome soundtrack. Everything is the exact same as before so there isn't much else other than the HD-ing that happened to the game. Soon however, Majora's mask 3D will come out and we'll see if i have some nice words for that one (there is nearly 100% chance that it's gonna' happen). The thing that's keeping this game from a 10/10 score is the fact that there are minor details that keep me further away from this game as of today.

In other words, this gets the score: "Probably on my top ten list by now"
  63. Dec 23, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Personally I feel the game feels a bit old and lacking. First of all I expected more in terms of its story, but disappointed.

One thing that I find weird is their version of saving is a bit... different. I saved at the castle level where you need to get past guards patrolling but to my surprise when I loaded my save found out I had to walk ALL THE WAY back to the level from where you start a new game. On top of that, all the monsters instantly respawn as soon as you leave a zone - yes, clean the monsters, go to other room, come back, ta-da! All the monsters are there!

I think with this current state of the game it feels like a beta to me more than a complete game. I gave it a 4 because the puzzles can be fun, but anything beyond that there wasn't anything for me.
  64. Dec 17, 2014
    The only problem I have with it is they squeezed down the size of the environments to suit the handheld and so the rooms and bosses are noticeably smaller than the console version. Apart from that, great game, great music, great adventure, great puzzles, characters and environments.
  65. Dec 13, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. An amazing game in 1999, but even with it's visual upgrades it's starting to show its age. It did feel nice to use the touchscreen for swapping items, especially with the iron boots. Expand
  66. Dec 8, 2014
    Great remake of the original N64 masterpiece. It doesn't introduce a lot of new elements but it's an excellent title and comes with upgraded graphics and some minor issues corrected. Very recommendable.
  67. Dec 8, 2014
    Once again, Nintendo successfully provides modern quality with nostalgic flavors. Everything you loved about Ocarina of Time in 1998 remains here, along with Master Quest which will keep you coming back for a second adventure altogether. The only difference between the 3DS remake and the original are the graphics which have been improved and made even more of a pleasure to spend 18 or soOnce again, Nintendo successfully provides modern quality with nostalgic flavors. Everything you loved about Ocarina of Time in 1998 remains here, along with Master Quest which will keep you coming back for a second adventure altogether. The only difference between the 3DS remake and the original are the graphics which have been improved and made even more of a pleasure to spend 18 or so hours with. Highly recommended by TheOldReality. Expand
  68. Nov 13, 2014
    This is the update in art style that the N64 version really needed, but not necessarily a necessary port for the game (although the 3DS needs a game of this quality). On the plus sides, the beautiful story has been retained, whilst some frustrations in the original (slow speech, climbing, needing to pause constantly to change boots in the Water Temple, difficulty in aiming projectiles)This is the update in art style that the N64 version really needed, but not necessarily a necessary port for the game (although the 3DS needs a game of this quality). On the plus sides, the beautiful story has been retained, whilst some frustrations in the original (slow speech, climbing, needing to pause constantly to change boots in the Water Temple, difficulty in aiming projectiles) have been fixed. The Master Quest bonus is also just as difficult and enjoyable as the Gamecube version of the Master Quest. If you have a system of the 3DS family, this is the game that will define the system. Expand
  69. Nov 11, 2014
    It's a great game for introduction to the Zelda series. The 3D wasn't well executed, but this is a minor thing, since you can deactivate the 3D effect whenever you want.

It's the best adventure games of all time. You should give a try,
  70. Oct 19, 2014
    I've said it before and I'll say it again Nintendo is the king of remakes. They do remakes and they do them right! Ocarina of Time is already one of the best Zelda games, but the 3DS remake improves in logical ways. Not only that but now its portable.
  71. Oct 6, 2014
    This is a very good game, and it must be in your game collection or else you probably won't be considered a true gamer. I have never played the original on the N64, but I enjoyed this game even without all that nostalgia that most people have with it. The music, gameplay, story, and especially graphics are amazing. I never knew a 3DS could handle the graphics. My only problem with the gameThis is a very good game, and it must be in your game collection or else you probably won't be considered a true gamer. I have never played the original on the N64, but I enjoyed this game even without all that nostalgia that most people have with it. The music, gameplay, story, and especially graphics are amazing. I never knew a 3DS could handle the graphics. My only problem with the game is the difficulty. If you are not an expert at Zelda, this will be a huge challenge for you. Even for me, who has played other Zelda games before, had a hard time and sadly had to find walkthroughs (water temple). Overall, this is an amazing game, just be prepared for how difficult it is. Expand
  72. Sep 9, 2014
    One of the best video games I have ever played. The 3d graphics are a major step up from the original. I would recommend it to just about anyone who calls themselves a gamer.
  73. Sep 3, 2014
    This remastered version truly did not disappoint. The improved graphics and the new mirrored Master Quest are enough to get this game even if you finished the original. Amazing launch title for the 3DS it was, indeed. 10/10 Game of the Year 1998... I mean... Handheld Game of the Year 2011...
  74. Jul 27, 2014
    This is what a video game remake should look like. Perfection! It also contains the same glitches like the N64 version, which is very nice for the gameplay!
  75. Jul 13, 2014
    This game is incredibly close to perfection, like none other. If this one does not deserve 10/10, nothing really does. It's just one of the best examples of why people love gaming, given as an well executed remake. Just go get it if you haven't already.
  76. Jul 2, 2014
    Gets a higher rating for the game but peed off every time having to buy the latest DS to play this game - the last three iterations have pushed onto the new platform. I have to say I tried 3D but it drove me mad and gave me eye strain. 2D was find, great in fact. Awesome game and easy to dip in and out of - although generally I got absorbed for hours at a time.
  77. Jun 14, 2014
    The definitive version of my favorite game of all time. Improves upon the Nintendo 64 original in so many ways. This was the first 3DS game I purchased and is a must for every 2DS or 3DS owner.
  78. May 27, 2014
    I don't understand why people are saying this is the best Zelda game, I'm not saying its a terrible game but it gets way too much glory than it deserves.
  79. May 20, 2014
    A perfect remake but the added comments for Navi are almost impossible to tolerate (such as being told to take a break or being told to watch a hint movie). These messages should have been scrapped since having these messages interrupt gameplay way too frequently and can make the game harder to draw yourself into. The improved graphics and interface get perfect marks but the added commentsA perfect remake but the added comments for Navi are almost impossible to tolerate (such as being told to take a break or being told to watch a hint movie). These messages should have been scrapped since having these messages interrupt gameplay way too frequently and can make the game harder to draw yourself into. The improved graphics and interface get perfect marks but the added comments for Navi are the only things that are keeping me from giving this a 9 or a perfect 10. Expand
  80. Apr 16, 2014
    This gmae is great. This is the first zelda game I have played and it got me hooked on the other games. The gameplay and puzzles are perfect and it doesn't seem very dull. Collecting all the heart peices and killing all the skulltulas can become a pain, but otherwise its a must get if you have a 3ds
  81. Apr 6, 2014
    so good this game is my fav game ever and it almost as good as the original the master quest included was guiness and this game about 15 years later people still give a **** about truly remarkable
  82. Mar 19, 2014
    A perfect update to a classic game updated just the right amount. As a longtime Zelda fan, I have to say the game stays true to OoT for the N64, yet the visuals are stunning and smooth for a handheld console update. It's the classic game we all know and love, and if you're looking to introduce someone to OoT, I'd highly recommend telling them to get this version.
  83. Mar 17, 2014
    All the nostalgia from the '98 game is still here. I found myself falling in love with the story again. This is a well-deserving remake that was handled with great care by Nintendo, and I can really appreciate that. Technically, someone could say that it's the same game. It is. But upgraded with crisp sounds that make you hum along to every recognizable track, beautiful graphics that stillAll the nostalgia from the '98 game is still here. I found myself falling in love with the story again. This is a well-deserving remake that was handled with great care by Nintendo, and I can really appreciate that. Technically, someone could say that it's the same game. It is. But upgraded with crisp sounds that make you hum along to every recognizable track, beautiful graphics that still somehow can capture the essence of it's predecessor. And the use of the 3D is done flawlessly. For example, quite a few titles on the 3DS use the gyroscope feature in a way that is clunky and aggravating to use. Here, however, the choice is a. optional, b. very receptive, and c. doesn't get in the way of the gameplay at all. The use of the 3D is wonderfully implemented and adds a great sense of depth to the game. Some welcome changes are added here too that make the game run much more smoothly, such as the touch screen being the inventory screen. The Water Temple was made more tolerable - still an agony, but the use of the iron boots and cutscene clues further prevent any glitches. The Master Quest is here for replayability value, and that rocks. What it comes down to is that this is one oft he best ports ever made, to a handheld alone, and feels like this was what the developers wanted the game to look/feel like when it came out. Buy this game and experience that magic that is Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. Expand
  84. Mar 17, 2014
    I think a lot of people are just expecting a bit too much of this remake, because it IS just a remake, not an improved version or anything. Yes, this game is quite old, but if you haven't played the original N64 version, this is worth a try. The story is one that has been overused(through that may not of been the case at the time of its original release), but everything else isI think a lot of people are just expecting a bit too much of this remake, because it IS just a remake, not an improved version or anything. Yes, this game is quite old, but if you haven't played the original N64 version, this is worth a try. The story is one that has been overused(through that may not of been the case at the time of its original release), but everything else is near-superb, and while the game could've been different and improved in many areas, it is just a remake(I can't stress that enough), and it's really no different from its N64 version. Expand
  85. Feb 26, 2014
    So before i want to start i just want to say i never played a zelda game( what have i been doing!) but this game was the one that showed me what i missed. Ive played through the game and found hardly any problems maybe if i look hard i could say with 3d on some areas have frame rate drops but if thats if look hard. This game is a visual masterpiece on the 3ds and sets the bar for gamesSo before i want to start i just want to say i never played a zelda game( what have i been doing!) but this game was the one that showed me what i missed. Ive played through the game and found hardly any problems maybe if i look hard i could say with 3d on some areas have frame rate drops but if thats if look hard. This game is a visual masterpiece on the 3ds and sets the bar for games that are being released on the 3ds. This game is a must have for anyone whether your a zelda fan or just a casual gamer it appeals to all, please buy the game and see for yourself! Expand
  86. Feb 16, 2014
    I actually prefer this version to the original. It looks better and the additions and tweeks they've made help the game out without harming the magic of the original. Being able to use Epona in the wild really makes getting around easier for example.
  87. Feb 9, 2014
    Ocarina of timed 3d is a magical remake of possibly the greatest game of all time. How much more could you ask for? The game takes the classic game and fixes the very small problems like rough textures and slopes (minor complaint) and makes it look how the developers wanted it to be. This was my first zelda game. (I wasn't born during OoT and sadly I haven't played any other zelda :( otherOcarina of timed 3d is a magical remake of possibly the greatest game of all time. How much more could you ask for? The game takes the classic game and fixes the very small problems like rough textures and slopes (minor complaint) and makes it look how the developers wanted it to be. This was my first zelda game. (I wasn't born during OoT and sadly I haven't played any other zelda :( other than albw) This allows a new generation to play and get introduced to zelda. In conclusion this game rocks. Get it. Just.. get it. Expand
  88. Jan 22, 2014
    While this is a very good game, don’t let all the fanboys fool you into thinking it is the greatest video game of all time. If you played this back on the N64 and have fond, nostalgic memories it will inflate your opinion. If this is your first time playing it, like it was mine, you will find it fun, but lacking a bit. Despite that, it is still one of the best Zelda games ever and one ofWhile this is a very good game, don’t let all the fanboys fool you into thinking it is the greatest video game of all time. If you played this back on the N64 and have fond, nostalgic memories it will inflate your opinion. If this is your first time playing it, like it was mine, you will find it fun, but lacking a bit. Despite that, it is still one of the best Zelda games ever and one of the best games out for the 3DS.

First of all, the 3D graphics blew me away. They are used to great effect, whether adding depth or giving the “pop-out” illusion. Aside from that, however, the graphics are dated even though they have been sharpened a bit from the N64 version. Environments are often bland & unremarkable and some character models, like the great fairies, have not aged well. I’m not sure if the great fairies are supposed to be attractive, but between their creepy faces, pointy elbows and razor-sharp nipples jutting out of the screen, they certainly don’t do it for me. Other models, like Link & Epona, look perfectly fine, though.

Combat is another mixed bag. The lock on feature is nice but won’t always activate as consistently as you’d like. Sometimes I’d be right next to an enemy and the lock on wouldn’t work. Other times I’d be a good bit away from them and it would. The lack of a right analog stick can also causes some annoying camera issues. Luckily, Link responds very well to the controls and is easy to move around. At first it’s a little off-putting that there is no jump button, but this feature grew on me as I played b/c it takes all the guess work out of when to press the button during the 3D platform jumping (Kingdom Hearts, anyone?). It’s also nice how the game integrates various alternate weapons and gadgets into battle, like the hookshot. You can shoot these using the lock on instead of having to switch to first person perspective every time.

Speaking of first person perspective, the way the 3DS responds to you physically moving the unit while aiming is really cool. That is, if you’re lining up a tough arrow shot you can move the DS itself instead of nudging the analog stick and the game camera will adjust itself. Makes life much easier in some of the archery challenges. Only problem with it is that you will probably have to switch off the 3D mode to avoid seeing double while moving the 3DS around.

The story is something I’ve seen hyped up a lot but I was underwhelmed by it. It’s the typical, generic Nintendo story you’ve come to expect: Gannondorf bad, Link good, Link fight Gannondorf. Not terrible, but not special, either. I found the story in Windwaker to be more interesting. I was not overly impressed by the Ocarina of Time itself, either. It has its uses but I felt like they could have done more with it. 90% of the time you will be playing Zelda’s Lullaby, and that’s not a whole lot different than flipping a switch. Figuring out different areas to use the Scarecrow song is pretty neat, and I wish they’d added more elements like that.

There is certainly a good amount of stuff to do, though, from collecting pieces of heart to getting the gold skulltulas. There are a lot of nooks & crannies in Link’s world to explore, especially with the cool time travel option. Certain areas will be open to young Link that adult Link can’t get into and vice versa. The game also gives you a ton of different gear to help you solve puzzles and access secret areas.

If you played OoT back on the N64, you probably bought the game long before I wrote this review. If you have never played it and you own a 3DS, you will enjoy playing through it.
  89. Jan 15, 2014
    The greatest game of all time from N64, made into The greatest game in the universe on 3DS, IN 3D!!!!!!! It's just so nostalgic, and i like playing a game that i can take with me almost anywhere. It's just outstanding, that within 15 years you can make a Dual Screen handheld that's 5x stronger than a N64. in 3D! it's amazing that it can also even keep a very stable FPS and keep it'sThe greatest game of all time from N64, made into The greatest game in the universe on 3DS, IN 3D!!!!!!! It's just so nostalgic, and i like playing a game that i can take with me almost anywhere. It's just outstanding, that within 15 years you can make a Dual Screen handheld that's 5x stronger than a N64. in 3D! it's amazing that it can also even keep a very stable FPS and keep it's awesomeness, plus a new Master Quest, which i mastered too. this game is 1 inch of pure awesomeness. why don't they make F-Zero 3DX? hey, if Mario Kart 7 can keep 60 FPS, then F-Zero X could too. but anyway, this game is one of the best games i have seen. IN MY LIFE! Expand
  90. Jan 2, 2014
    Ocarina of Time is the highest-rated, most praised game of all time, and I had never played it until now. Needless to say, my expectations were high, and I am pleased to say that I was very pleased. Everything from the dungeons to the bosses to the exploration to the combat to the side-quests is incredible to this day. There were times where I felt I was playing an older game, such as withOcarina of Time is the highest-rated, most praised game of all time, and I had never played it until now. Needless to say, my expectations were high, and I am pleased to say that I was very pleased. Everything from the dungeons to the bosses to the exploration to the combat to the side-quests is incredible to this day. There were times where I felt I was playing an older game, such as with its odd animations, weird dialogue, paper-thin story and dated controls, but all of this was only minor hindrances. What I love most about the game's presentation is right when I step out into the Kokori Forest and onward, I feel I'm in a fantasy world. Every step in this world feels magical and only makes the game all the more glorious. It was great then, and it still is today. Expand
  91. Dec 8, 2013
    Ocarina of Time is a solid game, and this this is a good remake of it. Higher resolution everything, nice controls, master quest included. A person could hardly ask for more. The 3D stuff even looks pretty good most of the time, if you care about that. I think my favorite part of the remake is that first-person aiming has (optional) motion controls, which makes things way cool.

If

If you've got a 3DS, you should pick up this game.
  92. Dec 7, 2013
    Ocarina of Time is one of the best games ever. This remake shows its relevance today. The graphics are awesome and the 3D effect adds an entirely new dimension to zelda. It's amazing. The same spooky, masterful, beautiful music from the original remains. The simple but touching story is still relevant. Ocarina of Time features familiar dungeon gameplay, each with puzzles, enemies, and aOcarina of Time is one of the best games ever. This remake shows its relevance today. The graphics are awesome and the 3D effect adds an entirely new dimension to zelda. It's amazing. The same spooky, masterful, beautiful music from the original remains. The simple but touching story is still relevant. Ocarina of Time features familiar dungeon gameplay, each with puzzles, enemies, and a boss at the end. In each dungeon, you get a new item that is the main subject of that entire dungeon, needed to solve puzzles and fight the boss. Needles to say, every dungeon is perfect, always using items to their full potential but never abusing them either. All the bosses (except Morpha of course) are amazing and clever. The final boss is one that will always be remembered. Additionally, there's a boss fight mode, including a gauntlet in which you take all if them down one after another. There's even a revamped unlockable master quest mode, in which attacks do double damage and the dungeon puzzles themselves are redeigned. It's extremely taxing and a great idea, doubling the lasting appeal of the game.
    I could go on forever about how Ocarina of Time is a brilliant game, but I won't. Just buy it.
  93. Dec 6, 2013
    Same N64 classic but with little upgrades such as 3D effect, touch screen interface and Gamecube-like graphics makes this game perfect for beginners and veterans of this game.
  94. Nov 26, 2013
    This game's okay as Zelda games go. I wasn't hit by the hype train like everyone else and played this when it came out, so I'm not as biased, but I can't be the only one who thinks this game's not all it's cracked up to be. Yes, it's enjoyable and innovative for its time, but compared to later games and even earlier ones, it doesn't provide much that the other games already don't.

It

It might just be me complaining about it being repeatedly called "teh best zelda game evurr", but I really don't get the deal. It's just a good game and it's a good Zelda game. Nothing more, nothing less.
  95. Nov 18, 2013
    this game is a 3d remake of a classic and perfect game this remake made it that much better everything is better the graphics the controls the story is great and there is no more I can ask more of this game
  96. Nov 13, 2013
    This review is not effected by my childhood, because i got this version 1st, and it had been out a while anyway (I'd never played Zelda) and i say it's freaking amazing. I love the series because of it. OoT was extremely expansive (especially for the n64), i cant say much about the graphics because i played on 3DS, but i played a bit of MM so i say they're pretty impressive. It controlsThis review is not effected by my childhood, because i got this version 1st, and it had been out a while anyway (I'd never played Zelda) and i say it's freaking amazing. I love the series because of it. OoT was extremely expansive (especially for the n64), i cant say much about the graphics because i played on 3DS, but i played a bit of MM so i say they're pretty impressive. It controls well, and i love it Expand
  97. Nov 6, 2013
    I cannot remember my first moments in this game. I can only imagine how intoxicated I was, how involved I became as the story unfurled in front of me. The music, the world and the character's are all mixed into one memory... that of an absolute gaming bliss, one where storytelling and gameplay is prime, and even after twenty years it still shows.
    I used to play this game on N64 when I was
    I used to play this game on N64 when I was a child, but I had help from my mum and step dad to get through it. Without them I doubt I would have gotten very far. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing, though I can easily assume it would have put off many a gamer when they first began, but now after learning all of it's secrets I am spellbound. Whenever I am asked about the greatest game ever made I quote Ocarina of Time. There's something about it's music that invites you into its world like an old friend, it's charismatic and curious characters that define the type of story, and the classic theme of good vs evil that compels, despite being a little samey.
    Until now I have been a little shady about the actual game, and blurred the lines claiming this and that. I'll try now to give a clearer explanation about the game and why it is so beloved.
    The story starts off with a young boy called Link having a nightmare about a red-haired man riding through flames. We get a glimpse of Zelda running away, and Link facing Ganandorf... the screen fading to black not shortly after. The Great Deku tree, the protector of the Kokiri children, instructs Navi to find the young boy Link and bring him forward. After finding a sword and shield, actually a cleverly disguised tutorial, you are finally granted access into his presence.
    That is a pretty detailed explanation of the beginning, but straight away the addictive and cheerful music kicks in and you are left to discover whatever it is you are meant to be doing. There is no hand holding (excluding the Sheik Stones which are added in the 3ds version) and I'm not surprised that this sort of gaming is gone from the world now. Skyward sword holds your hand ALOT with Fi, constantly telling you what to do. Sure, Navi gives you a HEY now and then, but her remarks are generally quite elusive and only hint at what you have to do. It's as if the industry is now afraid at you getting frustrated and quitting, resulting in no future purchases for the countless sequels that are spat out once every year. I think this will eventually turn back (the internet people, come on, if you're stuck just Google, it's that simple and developers shouldn't be that scared anyway).
    Anyway, after the small puzzle of actually having to find the information out yourself to move forward, you are cast into the depths of the Great Deku Trees belly, so to speak, all to banish the evil within and save the guardians life. Alas (SPOILERS) your efforts are in vain, though your courage having being tested (and proved) you are rewarded with the forest spiritual stone. It turns out there are three, another located over Hyrule Field to the North East in Death mountain and the last North West in Zora's Domain. These three stones will open the way to the Sacred Realm within the Temple of Time, the holy resting place of the Triforce, a power left by the gods that grants any user one wish. Obviously, this then leads on to the whole good vs evil story, but it does all feel very epic and not generic, surprisingly. This may be because of the amount of detail Nintendo put into their world, and the speech the different creatures were given to speak.
    Obviously the main reason someone would read a review for the Legend of Zelda 3ds version is because they would be wondering if it was worth replaying on another system. The answer to that would be an assured yes, but of course I already made that obvious. The graphics have improved, not significantly so but they retain the look and feel of the previous game's, so no complaints there. It is bright and colorful, and oftentimes quite dark, but the game never looks outdated and even after all this time certainly never feels it. It's easy to see why Nintendo have used this game as a draft for all future releases, but when it's this good, why the hell not? They have also added a boss rush mode, where you can fight all of the main games bosses in one go. I never personally did this because I thought it might hurt replay value (why would I want to ruin the reward for completing a dungeon?). They also included the Master Quest version, where the entire game is reflected and twice as much damage is inflicted upon you. Also, the dungeons have been tweaked and made harder, so is definitely worth a try. It is worth noting however that they original game needs completing first to unlock this, something that may be annoying for people that have already played before on the N64.
    In conclusion, it magically feels real, and as the lines between games and the real world begin to retract, and The Legend of Zelda becomes something very special indeed.
  98. Oct 30, 2013
    Same thing than my previous review about this game.
    After years, this game is still the absolute masterpiece it was when it first came out.
    The graphics are gorgeous, not just a port, but an excellent remake.
  99. Oct 20, 2013
    This is truly a great flashback to the greatest game ever made. This was the first experience I have had with Zelda game and I can't stop coming back to it, and the master quest was amazing aswell, the improved graphics, the reimagined controls and the gyroscopic capabilities truly have remade this game into an experience to remember
  100. Oct 20, 2013
    There's just one thing to add.. its even better then the original! if you haven't played the original don't worry because this game makes perfect sense for 3DS and has stunning visuals compared to any other 3DS game I've tried so far.
  101. Jul 5, 2011
    Quite possibly the best version of Ocarina of Time. The game is the same, but the graphics, some sounds and of course the 3D and gyro sensor features add some welcomed improvements. As for the 3D in particular - it is excellent, it adds depth to everything and does not feel 'tacked-on'. I would definitely recommend this game if you have, or are considering a Nintendo 3DS.

1. Dec 12, 2011
    For Zelda fanatics, this re-release of one of the best Zelda titles out there seems like it could be a cash grab – but the additions, especially the great use of the 3DS graphical prowess and the 3D itself make it a must purchase for all gamers, new and old.
  2. Dec 6, 2011
    Beautiful graphics, that wonderful soundtrack, the enthralling story and that damn annoying fairy, the 3DS version has it all and is easily the best port to ever be made of the legend.
  3. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 19, 2011
    One of the most definite games from the 90's is back better than ever. The new visuals brighten the epic adventure well, and the Master Quest is a nice add. All in all Ocarina of Time is a true classic belonging in every 3DS owner's shelf. [Aug 2011]