2.7

1. Dec 26, 2013
    I got this game for free with the 3DS and even THEN I feel ripped off. This is like the "I just wasted ten seconds of your life" video in game format. I regret opening the box, inserting the cartridge and starting the "Game" which is worse than Sims1 without any expansions. I'm willing to bet absolutely ZERO dollars were put into this game and they just recycled graphics from The Sims 2.
  2. Oct 20, 2013
    Everything that was good in the PC version is completely gone I only played this for a day and got bored after an hour. You only play as one person, barely get to go anywhere, and everything seems to be slower than before.
  3. Jul 13, 2013
    I enjoyed sims games when they first came out and I picked this game up for cheap enough. I was just pretty disappointed. The camera viewpoints are terrible even though you can pan them around, the controls are clunky and the graphics are terrible. I got it around launch so I put 14 hours into it while I was waiting for other game releases but I haven't had the urge to play it since. So basically if you have no other games you might play it for a bit but I'd recommend doing anything else. Expand
  4. kmg
    Jun 13, 2013
    I had this game as a present for Christmas 2012 and still haven't spend more than an hour on it and i'm a big fan of the sims, but defiantly not this game!
    the graphics are terrible, the customization of The Sims is even worse, it's all in all a very boring game. It's very difficult to use, i don't recommenced it, will be a waste of money and time.
  5. Jan 28, 2013
    I bought this gem at a Wall-Mart in the Maratimes for only 10 bucks. Took it back to my place and as soon as I tried putting it in my 3DS my cat suddenly hopped up onto my lap and swallowed it. His funeral was last week.

Also, box art was drab.
  6. May 23, 2011
    Picked up The Sims 3 on the launch of the 3DS, and what a disappointment it was. I have been a avid Sims fan since the original, and this game has got to be the worst Sims product I have ever bought. The biggest disappointment has to be the amount of content in the game, which is very limited with only three locations available (your home and two community lots which include a library and stores). I could have sacrificed the number of options if the core gameplay was as I expected, but no, the sluggish, low frame rate almost makes the game unplayable (Its also worth mentioning that turning off the 3D didn't seem to help, which I found odd). This has been my least played 3DS title and a complete waste of my time and money. Expand
  7. May 10, 2011
    The Sims 3 is the latest in the franchise and what way to bring it to the 3DS. What do I think? It is absolutely !@$?. The sims was never good to be on a handheld device but the 3DS is even worse! I been playing it but even before playing the game it was extremely bad! The character customisation is horrible, the camera doesn't work well with it. Making the character from scratch it Horrible. No good content. The gameplay is very hard and confusing with the 3DS because the buttons just don't work well with it! And even controlling your character and organising his/her life is impossible, you don't get a sense of control in the world but feels as if the game just plays it for you but in a bad way. You can't look after your character because its so hard to do all these things on the 3DS, it will just turn into a disaster. The 3D effects are good. I can't recommend this game, But if your a die hard fan and can get use to it then and play on-the-go then this is for you. But if you really want the best sims experience play the PC version. Even the console version is better then the 3DS version. Save your money and buy SSFIV 3D or Zelda. A horrible game. Expand
  8. Jan 28, 2013

Also, box art was drab.

Very limited content and clumsy controls make The Sims 3 a disappointing 3DS launch title. Nevertheless, there is a true Sims experience here, and one that is boosted by the clever use of the StreetPass function.
  2. Jun 14, 2011
    The Sims 3 simply doesn't work on Nintendo 3DS (and, probabily, on a portable system as well). The nice formula of the PC version has been distorted and misread.
  3. May 27, 2011
    Considering its numerous faults, this edition of The Sims 3 proves to be quite disappointing, since the only ones able to fully enjoy it will be those unable to live a single moment of their live's without their precious Sims by their side.