7.9

1. Jul 3, 2012
    All right, I may be biased. I love final fantasy, and I love Chibi Lightning. But Theatrhytm is really good fun. The foundation of the game, the music, is not only drawn from some of the best soundtracks around, but easily some of the best in gaming; making for a fantastic rhythm game. I can easily play some of the songs over and over again, especially the Sunleth Waterscape and theAll right, I may be biased. I love final fantasy, and I love Chibi Lightning. But Theatrhytm is really good fun. The foundation of the game, the music, is not only drawn from some of the best soundtracks around, but easily some of the best in gaming; making for a fantastic rhythm game. I can easily play some of the songs over and over again, especially the Sunleth Waterscape and the Seymour Battle theme. And despite a genre which I initially expected to being non conducive to classic FF grinding and collecting, earning new songs and characters makes playing it so, so much more engaging, and adds hours and hours of playtime, even if you are not a fan of the series. In short, the game is a blast and one of the few portable games where I turn the volume to the max.
    Ps: I got the bonus sticker set, LOVIN IT.
  2. Jul 3, 2012
    If you are an avid fan of Final Fantasy this is a must buy. The nostalgia meter is through the roof on this one, and there is a large amount of substance to the game beyond tapping along to songs. I have played many 3DS games and not one of them has ever made me motion sick. The 3D in this game coupled with the moving targets made me sick to my stomach after about 30 minutes of play. But,If you are an avid fan of Final Fantasy this is a must buy. The nostalgia meter is through the roof on this one, and there is a large amount of substance to the game beyond tapping along to songs. I have played many 3DS games and not one of them has ever made me motion sick. The 3D in this game coupled with the moving targets made me sick to my stomach after about 30 minutes of play. But, I powered through it because I'm a champ, and this is an awesome game! I would consider this the first decent game Square has made about Final Fantasy since XII. Expand
  3. Jul 6, 2012
    Really Enix?
    Really Enix?
    This Game sucks, incomplete songs (a song of 4 minutes in theathrythm is 2 minutes), really bad 3d, only 3 songs for game ( I not included the crystals songs in "history" mode) more than 50 songs in dlc... really? Since ff X-2, Enix lost his mind, and ff 13 it's a insult for ff fans... pfff, really bad game for 3ds, only for nostalgics and freaks, but the incomplete songs kills me so much... Enix U mad...
  4. Jul 3, 2012
    An excellent title for anyone who appreciates video game music of the past 25 years, fantastically addicting for the hardcore Final Fantasy fan, and by far the best rhythm-game for a handheld console to date.
  5. Jul 10, 2012
    if you're looking for the elite beat agents for the 3ds you've come to the right place, absolutely tons to do and great scale of difficulty for rhythm fans of all skill levels, really great nostalgia trip too when it comes to the movie stages for each game where you get to play over the main theme of each game along to a movie of cut scenes from the game playing in the background.

Paid

Paid dlc from the store too which comes at a cost of 1euro a pop in Europe anyway, we checked out the cosmo canyon dlc which had 2 versions of the song so yeah if you want to extend the library of songs it's not going to set you back too much, when compared to the 3euros a song guitar hero or rock band games dlc.
  6. Jul 5, 2012
    I'm gonna make this short: There's a LOT more to this game than screenshots lead you to believe. I'm 7 hours in and not even a fraction of the way through the content. This game is a rabbit hole, and you WILL be sucked in.
  7. Jul 5, 2012
    I have to admit, the high reviews of this game by users is most likely due to the fact of the nostalgia you get from the games. But that is not all. This is one of the best rhythm games I have played with tons of songs, great controls and the ability to play it for hours. It has the pick-up and play aspects and the "just one more song" that most rhythm games don't have so it is perfectI have to admit, the high reviews of this game by users is most likely due to the fact of the nostalgia you get from the games. But that is not all. This is one of the best rhythm games I have played with tons of songs, great controls and the ability to play it for hours. It has the pick-up and play aspects and the "just one more song" that most rhythm games don't have so it is perfect for the handheld.

Its fun, light-hearted, and way to cute. Absolutely fantastic.
  8. Jul 10, 2012
    This could have been a really good game, probably even one of the best rhythm games ever. However, the biggest problem in this game is the fact that most, if not all, of the songs in the game are incomplete. The first time I heard One Winged Angel from FF VII or Saber's Edge from FF XIII not complete and miss some of the best parts of the songs, I was pretty upset. I bought this game toThis could have been a really good game, probably even one of the best rhythm games ever. However, the biggest problem in this game is the fact that most, if not all, of the songs in the game are incomplete. The first time I heard One Winged Angel from FF VII or Saber's Edge from FF XIII not complete and miss some of the best parts of the songs, I was pretty upset. I bought this game to experience some of the best music the FF series. Not to have them cut off at the best parts. It will really ruin what should have been a great experience. However, the game isn't completely bad. The amount of songs on here is decent, with more promised over DLC in the future. That being said though, till they fix the issue with some of the songs cutting off before they are supposed to start looping back again, this game will never reach the plateau set by some of the previous rhythm based games like Elite Beat Agents. Expand
  9. Jul 5, 2012
    Excellent! Easy to get the DLC songs and hopefully more to come. A true tribute to FF Music lovers without a FF series being left out. Something for everyone and enough eye candy to keep you entertained! If you loved Elite Beat Agents. You will love this game with its improved features for a rhythm game!
  10. Jul 10, 2012
    This is a good game, just not a great game. Dont believe these 9's or 10's, and this is from a Final fantasy fan. The good things : Cool cartoony Graphics, Lots of characters, Cards to collect, The Music itself is awesome, Great pick up and play value, Levelling up and new abilities is cool. Unlockable Movies and music player is awesome. Nostalgia! The bad things : A lot of tracks left outThis is a good game, just not a great game. Dont believe these 9's or 10's, and this is from a Final fantasy fan. The good things : Cool cartoony Graphics, Lots of characters, Cards to collect, The Music itself is awesome, Great pick up and play value, Levelling up and new abilities is cool. Unlockable Movies and music player is awesome. Nostalgia! The bad things : A lot of tracks left out for DLC, No online play (Co-op would have been so easy to make) Having to grind (a lot) songs to get other hidden songs, Not being able to play some main themes (This is my biggest issue, people count them in the track listing but some of the best songs are only available to play in a little "Mini game" kinda thing. For example zanarkand, you can only "Play" it on that little crystal bubble mode, instead of the full challenge mode which is the main gameplay!). Some missing songs (Jesters of the moon?). Short with no reward when you complete the "Boss". It's a fun game with a decent amount of tracks, what it lacks in quantity it makes up for in quality. As a Final fantasy fan I dont regret my purchase, especially as it seems to have a lower RRP price than most other games. Expand
  11. Oct 2, 2012
    Theatrhythm is something of a contradiction. It's surprisingly forgiving, yet at times can be surprisingly difficult. It's quite casual, yet offers little to appeal to non-fans. It's grind intensive, yet with little to actually unlock. It's all over the spectrum and frankly, a bit of a mess. The opening sections of the game are by far its worse, and it's not until you unlock the UltimateTheatrhythm is something of a contradiction. It's surprisingly forgiving, yet at times can be surprisingly difficult. It's quite casual, yet offers little to appeal to non-fans. It's grind intensive, yet with little to actually unlock. It's all over the spectrum and frankly, a bit of a mess. The opening sections of the game are by far its worse, and it's not until you unlock the Ultimate difficulty stages in challenge mode and the later Dark Notes in the Chaos Shrine that the game really comes alive.

The RPG system built on top of the rhythm game is mostly cosmetic, though does come into play in the later Dark Notes and Ultimate scores. You'll need a strong agility to get to the boss 2/3 way-point in the field, and having higher strength / offensive abilities is a near necessity to actually take them out in time and earn shards. Likewise, having higher health, healing abilities, and restorative items makes Ultimate scores much easier to complete.

I got the 10,000 Rhythmia required to face the final boss in around 6-8 hours, but completing all of the Ultimate scores, getting to level 99 with your party, getting a lvl. 99 Dark Note, getting all the trophiesm and unlocking all of the characters through collecting shards will take far, far longer. Getting 99,999 Rhythmia will take even longer still. I currently have just under 18K in about 13.5 hours. The question is, how much any of that matters to you.

Characters are all almost the same, making your party little more than a cosmetic choice. And while the Dark Notes are generated in such a way to make them appear nearly unique each time, which keeps them funner longer than the series mode, the two songs per note are picked from a choice of a mere 9 per stage. What a waste, but these become little more than background music to the action soon enough.

Despite my complaints, Theatrhythm is a fun game that is easy as can be to pick up and play. It oozes charm with its art, it appeals to fans through nostalgia, and it has some pretty decent staying power thanks to the Chaos Shrine. It's forgiving enough on the timing that it's rarely frustrating, yet still gets fast and challenging enough to keep it worthwhile. And if you're willing to fork out the dollar per track, there's plenty more music to be had as well. Though, I have to wonder if, perhaps, the DLC stole from us what may have been otherwise a much larger track list to unlock.
  12. Aug 19, 2012
    OK let's get the obvious out of the way, if your a Final Fantasy fan keep reading, if not don't bother with this game at all. I have personally played every FF bar XI, and XIV is not present in this game, and I can safely say the game achieves exactly what it sets out to do. It is a homage to FF games of days gone past, dealing with numbered iterations ranging from I to XIII, set to aOK let's get the obvious out of the way, if your a Final Fantasy fan keep reading, if not don't bother with this game at all. I have personally played every FF bar XI, and XIV is not present in this game, and I can safely say the game achieves exactly what it sets out to do. It is a homage to FF games of days gone past, dealing with numbered iterations ranging from I to XIII, set to a backdrop of a rhythm action game. The rhythm action elements are simplistic at first, not getting in the way of all the nostalgia, but speaking as someone who has unlocked all 64 in-game trophies, I can safely say the game poses a serious challenge later on. There is a hidden depth to this game in regards to the RPG elements and a chaos shrine; the former I didn't even begin to grasp until at least 20 hours in, and the latter adds an interesting twist to the game play which I will discuss later. The game play itself is split into battle stages, field music stages and event stages, with each providing a different twist on the rhythm action set pieces. Your characters also gain experience and level up after each stage; as well as this successful completion of each stage is rewarded with rhythmia points which unlock more and more songs, characters etc. In the chaos shrine two random songs are picked comprising of a field stage followed by a battle stage, these two random songs comprise a note and the note is based on your characters level. In the second stage you fight one of three bosses depending on your performance across the two stages, with the third boss dropping crystal shards which are necessary to unlock more characters. In the first stage you must have high agility stats to travel far to get to fight the second or third boss, and in the second stage you must have high attack and magic stats to defeat the bosses, so a balanced party is in order. The reason for the long explanation in a review is the most amount of criticism thrown at this game in reviews seems to be in regards to the RPG elements in the game, as most don't seem to understand the point; well, there is one and it adds a whole lot more depth to the game if your willing to learn. For those of you who just want to hear your favorite tunes and take a more passive approach to the game, 80 percent of the games songs are unlocked from the start and there for you to play, not to mention almost 40 downloadable songs now available. If your a FF fan I really don't think you will be disappointed unless you despise rhythm action games. There is a never ending polemical debate as to what the best FF is, but the one element that brings cohesion to all these debating groups is the music. Square Enix recognizes this and made a clever decision to have it as the focus of it's 25th anniversary tribute to the franchise. My only minor criticism of the game is in regards to the event stages, as although these are the most instantly gratifying (rhythm piece set to the backdrop of FMV sequences from the iteration of the game you are playing) these become tiresome after a while due to their repetitive nature. I personally clocked up 106 hours unlocking all the in game content and trophies, and feel like I got my moneys worth. 9/10 Expand
  13. Oct 6, 2013
    This is one of those games for 3ds that shows me why the 3ds should never come to be. Why? The 3D stupid gimmick, of course! And I'm not talking about the layer can be removed, I'm talking about the presence itself. I'll example, but first this game is a different take on the series: it's a music game where you'll mostly use the touchscreen in order to interact with the game (and we had aThis is one of those games for 3ds that shows me why the 3ds should never come to be. Why? The 3D stupid gimmick, of course! And I'm not talking about the layer can be removed, I'm talking about the presence itself. I'll example, but first this game is a different take on the series: it's a music game where you'll mostly use the touchscreen in order to interact with the game (and we had a lot on the DS too), with the difference is that it's based on the Final Fantasy songs and musics. The music themselves are pretty ok, with some good and some unnoticed tracks, which in other works you either remember them or not. The songs are plenty and while there are 50 more songs as dlc (1 euro each), it's actually a good amount for itself. In addition the game has some nice ways to reproduce the games using super deformed version (or chibi) of old characters from the series and some others. So, what's with the initial statement? The game is controlled with a touchscreen, just like in many DS games in the past. However it's completely blank...meaning that you'll be forced to input commands blindly, and by blindly I mean you have to put the commands on the touchscreen, but you'll be using the upper screen instead. It seems a stupid reason to complain but it just feels uncomfortable: think of games like Ouendan or Elite Beat Agents, where instead of pressing the numbers on the TS as usual, you have to tap the touchscreen while watching the upper screen. It just feels unconfortable, because nothing really stopped them to actually show the game on the touchscreen (or at least the bars and stuff). But because the 3D is on the upper screen, in the end, this is the mechanic they thought out. And that's not all of it personally, because the game it's also kinda weak: the songs might be good but, in all honesty, the game seemed more like a flash game: they took the song (almost unaltered) and added those commands; sure they also made the upper screen flashy with those parts where they fight or travel, which is nice, but in the end nobody will watch them but the commands that you must input. Using the touchscreen. As a 3ds game, this just shows a mechanic that I hope it won't ruin other games in the future (Bit.Trip.Saga is another victim, although partially at least). But also as a music game, it just seems weak and not really impressive: it has the FF name, but not the soul of it. I suggest to check it if you really like final fantasy and their music to the bones. If not, a better alternative is EBA for the original DS. It's cheaper, for starters. Expand
  14. Dec 28, 2012
    I love this game! I was never a big Final Fantasy fan, but the music has been undeniably remarkable for the RPG industry as a whole. I am also a big rhythm/music genre fan so I was looking forward to what they would do with this title. It's inspiring me to go back to play the older Final Fantasy games that I missed years ago. You don't need to be a fan of Final Fantasy games to enjoy this,I love this game! I was never a big Final Fantasy fan, but the music has been undeniably remarkable for the RPG industry as a whole. I am also a big rhythm/music genre fan so I was looking forward to what they would do with this title. It's inspiring me to go back to play the older Final Fantasy games that I missed years ago. You don't need to be a fan of Final Fantasy games to enjoy this, but be warned that you might become a fan based on the music and glimpses of classic JRPG on show here. It also adds a lot of replay value by gaining loot and levels every time you play a song, with the goal of beating the most enemies with the least mistakes in rhythm. Once beating a song on one level, there's an expert version and the ultimate version. Then you also have dark notes, DLC, unlockable FF characters, collectible digital cards, and more to keep you coming back. It's a great purchase overall and very entertaining. Expand
  15. Mar 13, 2014
    As a long time rhythm gamer and lover of final fantasy music, this game seemed like a perfect fit for me. Unfortunately, the gameplay is much simpler than a game like Elite Beat Agents, so I found myself feeling rather bored pretty quickly. Also, the game's RPG features are really light and extremely passive. There's no interaction with your character's abilities, which is incrediblyAs a long time rhythm gamer and lover of final fantasy music, this game seemed like a perfect fit for me. Unfortunately, the gameplay is much simpler than a game like Elite Beat Agents, so I found myself feeling rather bored pretty quickly. Also, the game's RPG features are really light and extremely passive. There's no interaction with your character's abilities, which is incredibly disappointing. What's worse, you are actually encouraged to completely forego the RPG elements by playing in "Stoic mode," which is the only way to get a perfect score!

The game is everything it claims to be: a rhythm game with final fantasy music. But the overly simplistic gameplay and squandered RPG elements make this little more than a minor diversion. Probably not worth a retail purchase, but maybe worth buying used.
  16. Sep 25, 2012
    Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy is a fantastic game, and this is coming from someone who has only played Final Fantasy: III, IV, and the sequel to XII on the DS. The music is what makes the game (obviously), and it is all very good and fun to listen to through headphones. What I was surprised by is the amount of content in the game, 39 songs doesn't sound like much, but there are three modes toTheatrhythm: Final Fantasy is a fantastic game, and this is coming from someone who has only played Final Fantasy: III, IV, and the sequel to XII on the DS. The music is what makes the game (obviously), and it is all very good and fun to listen to through headphones. What I was surprised by is the amount of content in the game, 39 songs doesn't sound like much, but there are three modes to play these songs: Series, this is kind of the "main" mode in the game and consists of you playing the songs from each Final Fantasy game in order. There are three difficulty options, Basic, Expert and Ultimate. Basic is very easy and is really recommended for those new to the game, Expert can put up quite a challenge but is still not too hard, as I was able to play every song up to at least an "A" grade, and Ultimate can get very difficult, but not to the level of snapping your 3DS in half. Challenge mode is just playing the songs any way you like it, but it has the aim of getting an "A" rating in order to unlock the next difficulty, which most people shouldn't have a major problem with, other than replaying a few tracks to get that "A". The third mode gives you two random songs to play at a very high difficulty level called Dark Notes, in order to unlock another Dark Note you have to simply finish both songs, but this is a challenge in of itself (there are 99 Dark Notes to unlock and play). On top of these modes, you collect Rhythmia for every song you finish, which leads to general unlocking of songs to listen to, videos to watch, and extra characters to play as. Each song is one of three types, Field, Battle and event, and each type plays differently enough so you don't get bored (Battle is my personal favorite). You have a "team" of four characters of your choice, and each one levels up accordingly, but I don't feel enough was done with the RPG elements of the game, as if they were more developed the game would be spectacular. I'm sure someone who has played a lot of Final Fantasy games would appreciate the game more than I do, but the amount of content and very fun gameplay would make anyone like the game a fair amount at least. The best rhythm game on the 3DS? I think so (have not played Rhythm Thief) and it comes easily recommendable to anybody who owns a 3DS. 90/100. Expand
  17. Jul 12, 2012
    This game is a trip down memory lane; a very enjoyable one at that. At least one character from every game is available from the start, with the ability to unlock at least one other per title (for some, two more), which is great because you can pick your favourites from the start. Each title starts with three songs, but as you play more you'll unlock new songs. Normally, I'd be angry atThis game is a trip down memory lane; a very enjoyable one at that. At least one character from every game is available from the start, with the ability to unlock at least one other per title (for some, two more), which is great because you can pick your favourites from the start. Each title starts with three songs, but as you play more you'll unlock new songs. Normally, I'd be angry at DLC in a game like this. But Japan has already received obscure tracks, like 'Somnus' from Versus XIII, which I'd love to get my hands on. Any rhythm or Final Fantasy fan will enjoy this game - a fan of both will love it. Expand
  18. Sep 20, 2012
    What a great game. The gameplay is very addictive and the visuals are very nice. The game has challenges and truly makes one want to get the highest possible score on every event. I enjoy the fact that you can choose and unlock characters from all the games and that there really isn't a difference between a level 70 player and a level 5 player. the only thing i think is wrong with theWhat a great game. The gameplay is very addictive and the visuals are very nice. The game has challenges and truly makes one want to get the highest possible score on every event. I enjoy the fact that you can choose and unlock characters from all the games and that there really isn't a difference between a level 70 player and a level 5 player. the only thing i think is wrong with the game is that you don't really have time to observe the beautiful animations and scenery because the game requires so much concentration. Expand
  19. Jul 17, 2012
    If you don't have any relation to at least a couple of Final Fantasy games, then you probably won't get a lot of out Theatrhythm. But if you don't, then this game isn't really for you. No, this is purely for the fans of the series. And since I have strong relations to the music in VI, VII, IX, and XIII, I love it. I read that someone complained that the entire songs aren't played. But inIf you don't have any relation to at least a couple of Final Fantasy games, then you probably won't get a lot of out Theatrhythm. But if you don't, then this game isn't really for you. No, this is purely for the fans of the series. And since I have strong relations to the music in VI, VII, IX, and XIII, I love it. I read that someone complained that the entire songs aren't played. But in those cases, you usually get the "extended version" of the song if you play it well enough. I also saw one user review complain that there's only three songs per game. That's not true at all. There are thirteen games, and over 70 different songs. You do the math. Now, of course everyone will have a song they miss. Personally, it's You Are Not Alone from FFIX. I want it in there, but so far I haven't seen it. So I'll just have to check the DLC or hope to unlock it in the future. But all in all, this is a must buy for anyone who loves the Final Fantasy music. Now if we could only get a game like this for Zelda! Expand
  20. Jan 11, 2013
    Great price for the amount of content and fun it offers. Final Fantasy fans will obviously love it best, but even those who didn't have a contact with the series (mine was very limited) should have a good time with this game. The graphics are really pretty and utilise the 3D effect very well. The gameplay can be quite hectic, especially on higher difficulties (with Ultimate being anGreat price for the amount of content and fun it offers. Final Fantasy fans will obviously love it best, but even those who didn't have a contact with the series (mine was very limited) should have a good time with this game. The graphics are really pretty and utilise the 3D effect very well. The gameplay can be quite hectic, especially on higher difficulties (with Ultimate being an absolute ravage), but that's what keeps it fun in the first place. Tons of different things to collect too, like shards that unlock new characters or items that you can use during the music play. There are, however, a few downsides that prevent me from giving Theatrythm a higher score than I would like. First of all, DLC. There are tons of downloadable songs (over 50), so if you're a hardcore fan of the series expect to pay double the price of the actual software. Then, some of the gameplay elements, while looking good in theory, just fail to pull their weight in practice. OP and ED songs are a massive snoozefest (thankfully skip-able), while the RPG elements, like leveling up your team and equipping it with new abilities, are frankly useless, especially when you consider that going to the battle naked nets you a juicy 2.000.000 point bonus to the final score. Despite those flaws, Theatrythm is probably the best music game I have ever played and I can't recommend it enough. There is a demo version available on the eShop right now, so if you're not sure about the purchase try it out first. Expand
  21. Jan 25, 2013
    A very fun distraction. People who have played many Final Fantasy games will enjoy it most obviously, but some will find good songs from the games they haven't played yet. Although player beware some of the songs are accompanied with background cut scenes from the games and may include spoilers.
  22. Jul 8, 2012
    This is the first game for the 3DS that I have had to force myself to stop playing. This superb title has enough achievements and collectables to keep you playing well into the night. Addictive rhythm gameplay coupled with the great sounds of the Final Fantasy series makes this a must have for 3DS owners.
  23. Sep 12, 2012
    My first biased review. Could this game be any more addicting! *WARK* Probably the best time killing game I have palyed in a long time, and it helps that I am a huge fan of the music! *WARK*
  24. Jul 18, 2012
    I say this game is must get on the 3DS. The library of games is small and lacking and this game really does shine. While the songs are on the short side (which is not always a bad thing considering it is FF) it is really fun. I am in no way a FF addict or avid player to be honest but I keep finding my self back playing this game until my system is dead. It helps to be a fan of the seriesI say this game is must get on the 3DS. The library of games is small and lacking and this game really does shine. While the songs are on the short side (which is not always a bad thing considering it is FF) it is really fun. I am in no way a FF addict or avid player to be honest but I keep finding my self back playing this game until my system is dead. It helps to be a fan of the series but I think any rhythm game fan would enjoy this equally as much. The songs are great and the game play is fun and engaging and you can unlock higher difficulties to really push the threshold. Expand
  25. Jul 7, 2012
    For those who are wondering, this is a Final Fantasy Guitar Hero for your 3DS. Great sound tracks we all know and love spanning over all their popular titles.
  26. Aug 7, 2012
    Of all the many Final Fantasy games out there I've only played one to completion, and that's the ever-popular Final Fantasy VII. Did my lack of familiarity with the other titles in the series detract from my enjoyment of the game? Not one bit. The music is great, the controls are satisfying, and the ability to change and equip your party make this game highly addicting and a joy to play.
  27. Aug 8, 2012
    I got to say that this game is surprisingly loaded with tons of content. from extra songs to extra characters. the songs are amazing and stay true to their original score. the game play is fun and simple to play. the entire game s touch only so no need for the buttons. just a good stylus to use. the songs may not be the entire 100 minute long intro or boss fights like we remember, but theyI got to say that this game is surprisingly loaded with tons of content. from extra songs to extra characters. the songs are amazing and stay true to their original score. the game play is fun and simple to play. the entire game s touch only so no need for the buttons. just a good stylus to use. the songs may not be the entire 100 minute long intro or boss fights like we remember, but they are enough to give you that feeling of your childhood and make you want t play the game again. I highly suggest to any fan of Final Fantasy or music based games is to buy it. This is a great addition to any Final Fantasy collection. Expand
  28. Aug 16, 2012
    Great game! If you are a fan of the Gitaroman series or familiar to the music genre AND a fan of Final fantasy, you will have a blast with this one. You should probably play at least 3-4 of the Final Fantasy games if you really want to experience the awesomeness of this setting. Nostalgia Overload, is what this game should be called.
  29. Sep 3, 2014
    I'm going to try my best to not be biased, hence the 8 instead of 10 rating. For anyone who has played even a few FF games or are a fan of the entire series, this game is a must... Well, especially if you love the music and what Final Fantasy fan doesn't love the music? It's a wonderful rhythm based title and certainly a great addition to the 3DS library. Why did I give it an 8 though?I'm going to try my best to not be biased, hence the 8 instead of 10 rating. For anyone who has played even a few FF games or are a fan of the entire series, this game is a must... Well, especially if you love the music and what Final Fantasy fan doesn't love the music? It's a wonderful rhythm based title and certainly a great addition to the 3DS library. Why did I give it an 8 though? Well, the songs are incomplete for one, and there are not a lot of songs in general not counting the DLC. Another thing is that the RPG elements seem wasted. They don't do much in the way of gameplay and actually wouldn't affect the game at all if it wasn't added (leveling up, etc.) Overall, it's still pretty addicting though, and often makes up for its other flaws. Loyal FF fans are sure to love this. Expand
  30. Sep 18, 2012
    This is a game for fans, if you are a fan of final fantasy you will surely love this one, it has some beautiful chibi characters and the impressive soundtrack that has enchanted us all this years!
  31. Jul 10, 2012

Paid

1. Feb 13, 2013
    Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy starts off as a celebrated adventure through the musical history of the long-running Final Fantasy series, and the fanservice is apparent and appreciated. However, after only a few hours, the nostalgia wears off and the experience loses its luster. There's just too little to drive this title forward, and without more substance, even the best fanservice in the world will start to lose its appeal.
  2. Oct 27, 2012
    Theatrhythm Final Fantasy is a surprisingly solid rhythm game that both Final Fantasy fans and general video game music enthusiasts should try.
  3. Oct 3, 2012
    Watching the cute little characters cutting down cute little enemies, using familiar abilities and items, exploring old themes… It's done something I never thought possible. It's made me nostalgic for Final Fantasy games. Even Final Fantasy XIII. Again, I love the idea of the Final Fantasy saga, and this allows me to explore it and remember all the things that made it great, all while having a great rhythm game, to boot. There are enough unlockables to keep you going back for 'just one more song'.