Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars 3DS

• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Mar 22, 2011
7.8

1. Jun 20, 2011
    Not too bad, but not too goos, either. Gameplay is a bit stuttered, and the game as a whole is let down by dodgy graphics. The lack of online play makes this game a "kinda have". I bought it hoping for more, but will probably end up trading it.
  2. Jul 12, 2013
    Pros:
    - Great Difficulty (The Main Reason this Game didn't get a 6)
    - Nail-bitingly Intense
    - Good Gameplay Elements

Cons:
    - Under-developed Characters
    - Underwhelming Story
  3. Apr 4, 2011
    In my opinion, this is the best launch title for the 3DS. Shadow Wars is a turn-based strategy title in the vein of Advance Wars, and like AW, it offers up some deep and satisfying gameplay.

You control a squad of six ghosts. Each belongs to a certain class (eg. sniper, engineer, medic etc.) and possesses a number of stats and abilities. The fun lies in utilizing the right combination of operatives for each mission. SW also offers up a ranking system and some equipment customization options for your squad. Unfortunately, the presentation doesn't match up to the great gameplay.

Characters are tiny, cutscenes are done through static talking heads and the 3D effect isn't very noticeable. I ended up playing through the game with the 3D slider off. The characters and plot leave something to be desired, but it is hardly game breaking.

If you are looking for a fun and complex title to play on your 3DS... this is it.

1. Jan 24, 2013
    I enjoyed the characters, I enjoyed the strategy, there's a ludicrous amount of content, and there's even pass-the-handheld multiplayer for those into that sort of thing. Apart from the less-than-sizzling looks, this one's a must-have for any turn-based strat fan with a 3DS.
  2. Pelit (Finland)
    Oct 20, 2011
    One of the best games in 3DS release. Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars offers enjoyable turn based action with a diverse squad and tactically enjoyable terrain. I like it a lot! [May 2011]
  3. Aug 19, 2011
    While it might not be the most pleasant-looking game or have a ton of depth, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is still enjoyable and at its best when played in small doses.