5.3

1. Feb 25, 2013
    Very solid on the road game. After awhile when you learn the buttons and how the camera works is just fine. Just remember it's a 3DS game, not a console one.
  2. Nov 2, 2012
    This game has no-other definition than CRAP. Is like they took the Mobile Phones' Spinter Cell, got it better graphics, worsened the rest a little and sold it as a new game.
  3. Apr 22, 2011
    I was new to the series and this game made me want to delve into the series again after completion. True the camera may be a bit dodgy but in a stealth game about taking your time i feel it doesn't hamper the experience. The only true fault I had was that the areas in-game were so dark that during the day i kept the heat vision permanently on but when I played at night (which was most ofI was new to the series and this game made me want to delve into the series again after completion. True the camera may be a bit dodgy but in a stealth game about taking your time i feel it doesn't hamper the experience. The only true fault I had was that the areas in-game were so dark that during the day i kept the heat vision permanently on but when I played at night (which was most of the time) I felt it added to the experience. Enjoyable but not perfect Expand
  4. Apr 19, 2011
    As a huge fan of the original Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for Xbox and an avid supporter of the 3DS, this game seemed to be a match made in heaven for me. I was absolutely set on buying it when the game was announced, but since I never buy a game before taking a look at reviews, I almost didn't buy it. Nobody gave this game anything above a 70% so I was pretty skeptical. I must say,As a huge fan of the original Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory for Xbox and an avid supporter of the 3DS, this game seemed to be a match made in heaven for me. I was absolutely set on buying it when the game was announced, but since I never buy a game before taking a look at reviews, I almost didn't buy it. Nobody gave this game anything above a 70% so I was pretty skeptical. I must say, however, that I haven't regretted buying it for a second. I'll start off by saying that the control issues are greatly exaggerated in most of the reviews. Though I'll admit that controlling the camera with the face buttons is difficult at first, you get used to it pretty quickly. There are points where it can be annoying, but it's hardly a game killer. Mapping action commands to the d-pad actually works out just fine most of the time. The use of the touch screen is exactly what you would want it to be: fast, easy, and convenient. And, finally, the circle pad works just as well as an analog stick to control Sam Fisher's movements. For a game made with an Xbox controller in mind, I'm actually impressed with how effective the controls on the 3DS are. They're not perfect by any means, but they're clearly not as bad as they are made out to be. The missions from the original Chaos Theory are all here, and well put together. Obviously the beautiful level of graphical detail from the original is not present, but all in all they are effectively rendered if a bit watered down. The 3D effect, though not at all critical to the gameplay, looks great. With games like Pilotwings and Ridge Racer I have to keep the 3D slider somewhere in the middle to keep my eyes from being strained, but in Splinter Cell 3D I can keep it all the way up with very little eyestrain if any. There are times in the game where I have to stop for a moment just to appreciate just how cool the effect really is. Splinter Cell holds a special place for me as perhaps the only "secret agent/ super soldier" type game that I have ever really liked. There are few moments in gaming as satisfying as slipping past armed guards totally unnoticed, and there is plenty of that in this installment. While there are a lot of complaints about the aiming system being inaccurate (which, I'll admit, it is), the whole point of the game is to not have to use guns. It's much more fun to figure out a way to get past guards without killing them. While some may be sore about inaccurate aiming, I find that the classic "sneaking around" gameplay remains wholly intact. I do have some problems with this game in that the AI is very weak at times, and that there are some graphical glitches. If there are two guards talking to one another you can grab one in the middle of the conversation and drag him into the shadows without the other noticing. The conversation simply ceases and the other guard continues business as usual. There are also times that you can see a shadow on the wall of a guard that is in the next room, among a few other strange graphical quirks. These aren't huge issues, but the lack of multiplayer support, while unsurprising, is a bit disappointing. Most of the criticism of this game is derived from what the game DOESN'T do rather than what it does. All in all this game stays true to the classic Splinter Cell gameplay I've grown to know and love. It is by no means the best entry in the series, but it's a solid portable installment that, in my opinion, has received more criticism than it deserves. Expand
  5. Apr 19, 2011
    horrible. Its a joke to see nintendos' seel of approval inside the box. Nintendo should have thrown it back in ubisofts' face and said "we're not selling this crap to our gamers!".since when are x,y,a,b keys used for camera control? Why give us control of the camera at all when fischer takes up the whole upper screen?.Terrible button mapping i bet ubisoft got a romanian preschooler to maphorrible. Its a joke to see nintendos' seel of approval inside the box. Nintendo should have thrown it back in ubisofts' face and said "we're not selling this crap to our gamers!".since when are x,y,a,b keys used for camera control? Why give us control of the camera at all when fischer takes up the whole upper screen?.Terrible button mapping i bet ubisoft got a romanian preschooler to map the keys.An utter waste of money. I gave it two because 1 it loads, 2 its 3D and 3 my stupid browser wont allow me to choose a lower score.Anyone stupid enough to buy it (myself included) would have been more entertained burning the money, watching the fire dance, rather than spend it on splinter cell. To think it rivals games like starcraft II crysis2 and other epics in price,taking into account it is portable and 3D which push the price up, but i would expect it to be playable.
    DO NOT BY THIS!
    an utter waste of the 3DS' potential

1. Aug 22, 2011
    In a nutshell Splinter Cell 3D is a remake the doesn't do justice to the original title.
  2. May 26, 2011
    If you really want to play Chaos Theory, go find a used copy of the superior original at a fraction of the price.
  3. May 18, 2011
    In the end, Splinter Cell 3D just feels like a lazy port.