7.7

1. Jun 6, 2014
    Tomodachi Life is a fun game. Overall, I enjoy the feel of it. Its happy, silly and fun! 10/10. Also, don't mind the social justice warriors. They tried too hard to hurt the game.
  2. Jun 6, 2014
    This game is probably going to get a lot of hate because of all the social warriors. The fact is, this is a great game. It's very funny and random, like an ultimate tamagotchi. It's also uncanny how easily this game puts a smile on your face! Tomodachi Life is both more and less than just a game, and I believe it's worth trying it out to see what could happen to your Mii's. There's not much to hate in this game, unless you expected something completely different. Expand
  3. Jun 14, 2014
    Tomodachi Life is one my fav games by Nintendo i love the things and taking care of miis as well it may feel like a sims game but it different towards then that it more a "friendly game" of The Sims,
    i hope that we get more Tomodachi here in the future. the game was fun play and very relaxing game just to play
  4. Jun 9, 2014
    It's kind of hard to call it a game but, as an experience, Tomodachi Life is fantastic. Being able to watch your friends and family develop individual lifestyles independent from the real world is extremely entertaining. While you don't have a lot of input on their lives, the interaction doesn't seem all that limited and you're able to influence a lot of their decisions, mainly involving connections with other islanders. There is an overwhelming amount of content in this game; from mini games, to dreams the islanders can have, to the amount of different context that shows up from your islanders, it consistently feels fresh. There are many different places to visit on the island, each with their own events that take place at certain times of the day. The item catalog is quite impressive as well, and the trial-and-error process of finding out which food each islander likes and doesn't like is addicting and worthwhile. You can also trade items with friends in an attempt to collect everything that the game has to offer, and you get one special "export item" that you can distribute to other islands via StreetPass. The sense of humor is very wacky and the game never ceases to put a smile on my face. It's difficult to put into words, but this game just has that Nintendo charm to it; you know it when you see it. Everything from the humor to the art style just gives it a unique feel and creates an atmosphere that makes me feel like a kid. This is an excellent 3DS title and a quintessential Nintendo title, and I strongly encourage anyone who's looking for something hilariously offbeat to give this one a shot. Expand
  5. Jun 9, 2014
    Tomodachi Life is a great game. It may not appeal to every kind of gamer but if it clicks with you, it will be a fun experience. I think you're able to enjoy the game much more if you have a lot of real life friends or a lot of favorite famous people/characters to add. The game has made me laugh so many times and even when I've played more than 10 hours it I still want more, though I'm starting to feel it a bit repetitive. I'd recommend adding few characters first, specially if you want a special pairing/relationship, cause the more characters you have the hardest is for them to "find" each other. Then you should add tons for more random relationships. I'd recommend this game to everyone who isn't really into violent or action games. Expand
  6. Jun 20, 2014
    This isn't a game I would see myself getting but I love the Sims and I NEEDED This. I love this game. I had so much fun while I played and I love how it gives you the feeling of a classic sims game. Its way better than My Sims. You are going to want to go back and replay a lot to see what else you can do with different Mii characters. I also loved how it was possible for your Mii's to have feelings. I really liked how they took Tomodachi Life just like real life or the Sims. The only flaw is that after you unlock everything there isn't much to do. You also cannot control what your Mii's do. If you like the Sims, you will like this and it is a MUST BUY for the 3DS.

Tomodachi Life gets a 9/10
  7. Aug 9, 2014
    Addicting, entertaining and well designed, Tomodachi Life is a fun way to integrate all the people you know into the game in a way that actually adds to the game play, and a great way to spend your time.
  8. Jun 9, 2014
    Very fun game. If you can challenge yourself and let the game make experiences for you, you'll have a great time. It's a fishbowl game, you don't really do chores in the same way you would in Animal Crossing.
  9. Aug 29, 2014
    For some reason I never get tired of this game. I have basically filled my entire apartment with family and friends. The endless stuff you can do is amazing. The best part has to be the songs.
  10. Jun 11, 2014
    I've been following this game for a while before it released so I thought it looked cool and put my pre-order in, at first I didn't know what to think of the game when I started playing it. But After a few hours of playing it it grew on me and I really love Tomodachi Life it's very fun and addicting, hours past in mere seconds I don't think I've ever had so much fun with a video game before but in the end that's all that matters in a video game the fun factor.

The only CON for me was there were a couple of scenarios, characters, story elements that were weird and I didn't understand at all and the game makes no attempt to explain it, I won't spoil it buy the game to find out :P it's strange, amazing and weird. But it doesn't affect the overall game.

Tomodachi Life is a lot of fun and addicting, I highly recommend it.
  11. Jun 10, 2014
    This game is oozing charm and character. Some of the things your miis do are downright hilarious, and it's great fun adding characters from videogames, books, movies, etc and seeing how they interact
  12. Jul 3, 2014
    This is a very good game showing Nintendo at it's very best. It has some love it or hate it humour (I get the wackiness of the various situations while my friend/classmate doesn't) so if you're on the former side of the fence you'll love the game but if you're on the latter, then good luck not wanting to break the game! But everybody will agree that it's one flaw is the repetitive nature of the game and the lack of control over the Miis actions! Otherwise, a good game that multiple people will love! Expand
  13. Aug 6, 2014
    I've been gaming for most of my life and this is easily my favorite game. Good gameplay, easy to enjoy, and filled with new surprises. Plus I've only played the demo!
  14. Aug 23, 2014
    Tomodachi life is a (you gessed it) a life simulator where you look after mii's on your island you can get married go into space, eat food or even play on the wii u. If a married couple has a baby you can choose it's gender, look and name so overall it's my favourite 3DS game.

1. Aug 21, 2014
    Tomodachi Life tries to be fun, and it sorta is. The problem is that it only lasts for an hour or three, and then the magic’s gone forever.
  2. Aug 19, 2014
    There is plenty to philosophize about regarding Tomodachi Life. It’s an alienating product of its own time: we’re dealing with a game where the player is forced, passive-aggressively, to take the role of voyeur. But as a game, Tomodachi Life is never really fun. Tomodachi Life is no more than a stiff repetition exercise that is intriguing, yet kind of boring.
  3. Stop reading and play: you'll have more fun if you don't know what's coming. [Aug 2014, p.68]