tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 1 more rating

1. Feb 5, 2016
    I'm so glad I borrowed and didn't buy this.

*Uninspiring* would probably sum this game up best, as the awful map game graphics suddenly become pretty excellent for the fights... which are then incredibly boring. I don't know why the whole fight sequence isn't skippable like Fire Emblem or Advance Wars - that at least would have sped up the battles. So how does it play? Well, you
    I'm so glad I borrowed and didn't buy this.

So how does it play?
    Well, you have some robots on the screen and they then have to beat up/destroy the enemy robots, in a Fire Emblem fashion, only, more robots appear out of thin air instead of letting you just win the damn level, and when it's finally over, the story pushes you from one battle to the next, without giving any reason for you to actually care what's going on.
    The fact that you change sides during the game at the developer's whim serves only to further agitate, as you'll go from kicking butt with Bumblebee in one level, to having to kill/beat him down in the next.

I can honestly only recommend players to avoid this insipid waste of time and play something with at least a little heart.
tbd

No score yet - based on 3 Critics

While there are better strategy games on the Nintendo 3DS, if you are thirsty for more, there is nothing wrong with a little Transformers sip this summer.
    A nice idea in theory but the super shallow gameplay and micro-budget presentation make this portable strategy game only marginally better than its home console namesake.
  3. Jun 30, 2014
    If you like turn-based strategy and you love Robots in Disguise, this will be a welcome addition to your collection. Besides, it might be the closest we ever get to a Western release of Super Robot Wars.