7.7

1. Jul 15, 2013
    So far the best game I've played on my 3DS. I always like this sort of obstacle-bike games. Graphics and controls are great and the level editor extends its replay value. 3D effects are really good. It's got that addictive quality about it, making me try just one more time.
  2. Jul 11, 2014
    Great motocross trials game on the go. Looks really great on 2DS screen, has some very solid level design and I really liked the urban-theme, with rough music and sound effects. The only things lacking are actual content (only 20 courses plus some extremely wicked challenges; only basic customization options) and some missing multiplayer features (lack of rankings, high scores integratedGreat motocross trials game on the go. Looks really great on 2DS screen, has some very solid level design and I really liked the urban-theme, with rough music and sound effects. The only things lacking are actual content (only 20 courses plus some extremely wicked challenges; only basic customization options) and some missing multiplayer features (lack of rankings, high scores integrated with friends list, etc.), but the game is cheap and with its rock solid physics engine the 3 hours I spent with to complete all the courses passed in no time. Highly recommended! Expand
  3. Jul 15, 2013
    I bought it first day with 20% discount, very addicting game especially level editor. Great graphics and 3D. Music and sounds are ok. Definitely a solid 8! Only thing it lacks is level sharing via QR-code or something. Highly recommended to anyone by me.
  4. Mar 22, 2015
    Urban Trial Freestyle follows a very simple concept that has been used before in flash games, but includes more detailed levels and better graphics. I started playing it without any expectations, and really enjoyed it. It can be completed in four or five hours, but collecting all the money, getting 5 stars on all missions, and beating your friends' scores can keep you playing for longer.Urban Trial Freestyle follows a very simple concept that has been used before in flash games, but includes more detailed levels and better graphics. I started playing it without any expectations, and really enjoyed it. It can be completed in four or five hours, but collecting all the money, getting 5 stars on all missions, and beating your friends' scores can keep you playing for longer.

The graphics are good, and the 2.5D design works well with the dynamically changing levels. Each level responds as you drive through it, usually with police getting in your way or structures collapsing to form ramps. The one level design element that I found annoying is the jumping platforms, which are introduced later in the game, and seem to be designed to kill the rider repeatedly rather than propel him to new areas.

There are four tracks in each of the five worlds, and also two brief tutorials and five challenges (each of which has its own rules and its own track). Each track also has two modes, race and stunt, which are unlocked separately.

In race mode, you'll race against the fastest ghost of whichever leaderboard you have selected: global, friends, or self. I felt that global was out of my league, but I had a lot of fun trying to beat my friends' fastest records.

The stunts consist of long jumps, high jumps, precision jumps, and speed checks at certain parts of each track. The rider will do tricks during many of the stunts, but these are purely cosmetic and happen automatically. You can instantly return to the previous checkpoint with no direct penalty, which is great for trying to beat your friends' high scores in stunt mode.

Each track has $5000 in bags of $500, $1000, or $2000 hidden along it. This money can be used to buy functional upgrades for your bike or cosmetic upgrades for your rider. There aren't many customization options, so I found the bike upgrades and rider appearance system lacking.

The bike's engine noise gets repetitive quickly, but you can turn the sound down in the options menu. The soundtrack is decent, but nothing outstanding.
  5. Feb 18, 2014
    A good game, if you can get it on sale. I beat the game after a few hours and have never been back. The lack of multiplayer kills its potential to be worth its full price.

1. Sep 13, 2013
    I really enjoyed the previous versions of this game but the 3DS version is sadly just not worth anyone’s time.
  2. Sep 4, 2013
    If you’re looking for a portable Trials game, Urban Trial Freestyle isn’t a bad alternative. However, the track designs could have been a little better, and I’m appalled at the lack of multiplayer. A motocross game is a perfect example of a game to play with friends, but apparently the developers didn’t think so.
  3. Sep 1, 2013