• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Nov 17, 2000
  • Also On: PC
9.1

1. Jun 28, 2012
    For a side game meant to hold fans over while the series moved on to the next generation of consoles with RE:Code Veronica, RE3 is a strong contender for best overall game in the franchise. The ability to quick turn, toggle while targeting, and mix gunpowder were welcome additions. Back to back playthroughs are rarely ever the same as solutions to puzzles and pop-up scare locations change,For a side game meant to hold fans over while the series moved on to the next generation of consoles with RE:Code Veronica, RE3 is a strong contender for best overall game in the franchise. The ability to quick turn, toggle while targeting, and mix gunpowder were welcome additions. Back to back playthroughs are rarely ever the same as solutions to puzzles and pop-up scare locations change, and player decisions influence the way the plot unfolds. RE3 closes out the Raccoon City chapter of the series with S.T.A.R.S officer Jill Valentine's final attempt to escape the giant graveyard, evading zombies, mutants, Umbrella mercs, and a powerful new Bioweapon; Nemesis. Like Mr. X before him, this nemesis will stop at nothing to locate and terminate you, and is far more equipped to do so. As if having the hunting prowess of Predator, the speed of a Jamaican sprinter, the bulk of an NFL linebacker, and the face of Sam Cassell weren't scary enough, they had the audacity to give this guy a rocket launcher!! Expand
  2. Feb 10, 2014
    Although it felt (and played) like an additional piece of Resident Evil 2, 'Nemesis' was, in its own right, a fantastic experience. It still is, as I often find myself playing it whenever I get the urge to delve into the survival action/horror franchise. That this is my first choice may shock some people, but my reasons are sound, if you ask me.

First, and foremost, the control scheme:

First, and foremost, the control scheme: the ability to quickly do a 180 turn is pivotal. Everything feels more smooth, from the camera angles to the progression of the story and the increasing difficulty of the enemies around you. Through it all, the Nemesis tracks you like a bloodhound who is incapable of losing your scent; you'll run into him more than once, and these extremely tricky run-ins make for real heart-racing action in a series where the stale "oh there's a zombie...oh there's a zombie dog...oh there's a hunter" series of action sequences is commonplace. Not that it isn't enjoyable, but a boss that continuously hounds you? That's innovative, at least relative to the franchise.

The real selling point to me is the interesting story of Jill Valentine, who we last saw in the original Resident Evil. With her knowledge of Umbrella's shady dealings, she is prepared to do something about it; as soon as she escapes the nightmare that Raccoon City has become, of course. Plenty of drama lurks below the surface, even if it is rather standard fare for the franchise, and even if the voice acting is at best passable and at worst laughable. Suspending disbelief is a necessity for most games, anyway.

While the original is still a fond memory in my heart, and RE2 so much fun to play, I find that the third installment, although acting more of a bridge to next-gen versions of the game, put all the pieces together and turned into a game that featured the best aspects of the previous two installments.
  3. Oct 11, 2013
    EN: I love this one. Jill Valentine's journey on Resident Evil 3 is probably the catchiest and hardest of the whole series, and it's good to see how Capcom was dedicated to making of the Resident Evil series as strong as survival horror can be.
    PT-BR: Eu amo esse. A jornada de Jill Valentine em Resident Evil 3 foi a mais contagiante e difícil de toda a série, e foi bom ver como a Capcom estava dedicada fazer da saga Resident Evil tão forte como uma saga de survival horror pode ser.
  4. Sep 30, 2013
    What say about this game, Nemesis says it all for me, absolutely creepy, Resident Evil 3 is the more terrifying of the serie and this is good.
  5. Jan 25, 2014
    All of the first three parts were and remain classics of the genre. All of the following parts that came out after the first three parts - lost all its charm. Series has evolved into what the hell.....!!!
  6. Jul 28, 2013
    Opening up the game world to encompass more of Racoon City was certainly a logical next step for the series to take. While the 'Nemesis' that stalks the player throughout the game was certainly something to be feared however this third installment just couldn't replicate that sense of being trapped that had been so important in Resident Evil 1 (Mansion) and Resident Evil 2 (PoliceOpening up the game world to encompass more of Racoon City was certainly a logical next step for the series to take. While the 'Nemesis' that stalks the player throughout the game was certainly something to be feared however this third installment just couldn't replicate that sense of being trapped that had been so important in Resident Evil 1 (Mansion) and Resident Evil 2 (Police Station).

This may have been possible to forgive if the game had been improved in other areas but the series flaws, such as the awkward controls, endless back tracking to find key items, B-movie script etc are all still to be found here. Fans of the first two games, and I include myself in this, will certainly enjoy Resident Evil 3 but it is not as essential a purchase as the games that came before it.
  7. May 27, 2012
    I love Resident Evil. I felt this was the weakest in the series, but still a good game.
  8. Mar 13, 2014
    Fantastic game! The plot, all together with prequel resident evil games, is very interesting. Gameplay is improved, and things like 180 degrees quick turn make the game smoother and more realistic. Ammo making system and live selection mode in a tense situations will break game's linearity and give a player freedom of choice. Atmosphere is so incredible that this game would be scary evenFantastic game! The plot, all together with prequel resident evil games, is very interesting. Gameplay is improved, and things like 180 degrees quick turn make the game smoother and more realistic. Ammo making system and live selection mode in a tense situations will break game's linearity and give a player freedom of choice. Atmosphere is so incredible that this game would be scary even without monsters. Of course with them and HIM in place, it is unbelievable how a grown up man can easily give up this game... You need to turn on your sense of surviving, and think twice and fast about every action or you will end up with no ammo, healing items or even worse; end up decapitated by bloodthirsty, flesh eating monsters. I highly recommend playing this in Hard Mode, because it will greatly increase experience that this Survival Horror masterpiece can bring.

PS: My favorite video game antagonist is in this game!
  9. Apr 20, 2014
    I thought this game would be out dated, but boy was I wrong. one of the scariest games I have played, thanks to nemesis chasing me throughout the entire game. pretty simple mechanics with nothing special to offer but that's not really a negative in this case, in fact it makes you feel more helpless, which is what survival horror is all about. wish there was a little more freedom toI thought this game would be out dated, but boy was I wrong. one of the scariest games I have played, thanks to nemesis chasing me throughout the entire game. pretty simple mechanics with nothing special to offer but that's not really a negative in this case, in fact it makes you feel more helpless, which is what survival horror is all about. wish there was a little more freedom to explore, but other wise, loved it. Expand
  10. Nov 9, 2014
    Resident Evil 3: Nemesis è uno dei migliori videogiochi mai creati e Nemesis è il miglior cattivo che io abbia mai visto nel mondo dei videogiochi.Un capolavoro.

1. Along with the sharp graphics, RE3 features outstanding sound and music.
  2. While other recently ported Capcom titles such as "Dino Crisis" are judged a little more harshly against today's standards, Resident Evil 3 Nemesis remains a very worthwhile game even though not much has been added to the translation.
  3. Great stocking stuffers and even (a) cheap gift exchange purchase.