Shenmue II Dreamcast

9.4

1. LaneB.
    Feb 27, 2002
    Overrated, Slooooooooooow, Clone of Shenmue 1.
  2. Feb 10, 2016
    Meh, it was alright. It was much better than the first, but still had far too much tedium. The story is really boring and kinda convoluted. It just takes way too long to do anything. For instance, I counted and it takes 14 seconds to use an elevator NOT including the load time. So the game shows you walk into the elevator, hit the button for the floor you want, then it brings you to theMeh, it was alright. It was much better than the first, but still had far too much tedium. The story is really boring and kinda convoluted. It just takes way too long to do anything. For instance, I counted and it takes 14 seconds to use an elevator NOT including the load time. So the game shows you walk into the elevator, hit the button for the floor you want, then it brings you to the load screen, then it shows you step out of the elevator. This happens every time you use an elevator. That **** adds up as Kowloon is basically all elevators. This is just one example of tedium you'll encounter in Shenmue games.

The music was really good though.

#2 Most Discussed Dreamcast Game of 2001
#6 Most Shared Dreamcast Game of 2001

1. The big improvement for me is that everything is a lot less linear then before; it really does feel that your actions directly influence Ryo’s progress through the adventure.
  2. I loved Shenmue. But as great as I thought that game was, nothing could have prepared me for Shenmue II.
  3. Shenmue II is so much better than its predecessor, refining nearly every aspect of the original. It's a polished game that serves as a showcase for the DC and the evolution of the RPG genre, and fans should definitely find a way to play it.