Shenmue II Dreamcast

9.4

1. Feb 10, 2016
    Meh, it was alright. It was much better than the first, but still had far too much tedium. The story is really boring and kinda convoluted. It just takes way too long to do anything. For instance, I counted and it takes 14 seconds to use an elevator NOT including the load time. So the game shows you walk into the elevator, hit the button for the floor you want, then it brings you to theMeh, it was alright. It was much better than the first, but still had far too much tedium. The story is really boring and kinda convoluted. It just takes way too long to do anything. For instance, I counted and it takes 14 seconds to use an elevator NOT including the load time. So the game shows you walk into the elevator, hit the button for the floor you want, then it brings you to the load screen, then it shows you step out of the elevator. This happens every time you use an elevator. That **** adds up as Kowloon is basically all elevators. This is just one example of tedium you'll encounter in Shenmue games.

The music was really good though.
  2. LaneB.
    Feb 27, 2002
    Overrated, Slooooooooooow, Clone of Shenmue 1.
  3. Jun 26, 2011
    shenmue is a very inovative and fresh new typ of game . you cant compare it to any thing els out there even though this game is 10 years old there still isnt any thing since then thats remotely like this game. you play as Ryu in 1980s japan who's father is murdered by a myserous man named lan di. your goal is to find out about this man . the game play is hard to sum up . its abit being ashenmue is a very inovative and fresh new typ of game . you cant compare it to any thing els out there even though this game is 10 years old there still isnt any thing since then thats remotely like this game. you play as Ryu in 1980s japan who's father is murdered by a myserous man named lan di. your goal is to find out about this man . the game play is hard to sum up . its abit being a detective questioning people for info , fighting people in a Virtau fighter style combat , some dragons lair QTE , open world exploration with lots of side stuff to do like playing in a arcade ,collecting toys and more . the fighting controls are pretty solid . the controls when walking around are stiff and the camera fights you alot in small area's . the voice acting can be pretty bad. in some cases laughably bad but this game came out in a day when good voice acting in games still wasnt seen to often . you also can get a job as a fork lift driver which for some reason i just had alot of fun driving it around delivering crates to the ware houses tryin to make that $. i also had alot of fun in the arcade playing darts and hang on. this game to me is a step in the right direction for new and innovating games and i wish we could see more games like this it may not be polished to perfection but it does enough right to get a 9 in my book. Collapse

#2 Most Discussed Dreamcast Game of 2001
#2 Most Shared Dreamcast Game of 2001

1. The big improvement for me is that everything is a lot less linear then before; it really does feel that your actions directly influence Ryo’s progress through the adventure.
  2. I loved Shenmue. But as great as I thought that game was, nothing could have prepared me for Shenmue II.
  3. Shenmue II is so much better than its predecessor, refining nearly every aspect of the original. It's a polished game that serves as a showcase for the DC and the evolution of the RPG genre, and fans should definitely find a way to play it.