Sonic Adventure 2 Dreamcast

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 18, 2001
8.6

1. Jan 6, 2013
    The more I look into this game, the worse it seems to get, I only like Sonic and Shadows levels, even then, the levels are incredibly linear, and bland. I hate the rest of the game, due to stupid design, and bland gameplay. The Camera is bad, Its so finicky to control, and its a chore to get the hang of. The Controls are meh, they aren't responsive most of the time. The story is veryThe more I look into this game, the worse it seems to get, I only like Sonic and Shadows levels, even then, the levels are incredibly linear, and bland. I hate the rest of the game, due to stupid design, and bland gameplay. The Camera is bad, Its so finicky to control, and its a chore to get the hang of. The Controls are meh, they aren't responsive most of the time. The story is very confusing, and its a Sonic game, I wanted a cheesy, light heart story instead of a deep, and emotional story. It's not the worse, but it hasn't aged well. I'd stick to the first Sonic Adventure. Expand
  2. Apr 17, 2015
    (this review is pretty long but stay with me) i always loved the sonic franchise it always brought a sense of speed and fun that anyone can enjoy, but playing sonic adventures 2 again i realized something, this game is not good. What i mean by this is that i was blinded by nostalgia to see the bad in the game but many years later i see these problems crystal clear. Let start with the(this review is pretty long but stay with me) i always loved the sonic franchise it always brought a sense of speed and fun that anyone can enjoy, but playing sonic adventures 2 again i realized something, this game is not good. What i mean by this is that i was blinded by nostalgia to see the bad in the game but many years later i see these problems crystal clear. Let start with the obvious, the poor story, its about shadow wanting to wipe out man kind.......for some reason and sonic and his friends have to stop them and i have to admit, i LOVE the sonic/shadow stages these are why many consider it a classic, but then comes the knuckle/rogue and the tails/eggman stages. These stages are what makes beating this game a pain for example the knuckles stages where you look for pieces of the master emerald, not only is the climbing slow but knuckles runs really fast which is a problem for the camera (imagine mario 64 but mario runs 5x faster), and then the tails stages oh boy it is a real bore to play through this as the best way of locking on to multiple enemies is to hold the fire button but this weird beeping sound comes up when i hold the fire button. And boy there are some pointless filler content like racing (really?). i could list a lot more problems with this game but im going to sum it up, it is not a bad game the sonic and shadow stages is why i played the whole thing (and the chao garden), but it certainly doesn't deserve all the praise it gets. beat it and just play the fast stages Expand
  3. Sep 28, 2016
    Jogo com historia linda, mas peca em um aspecto em especifico, querer te obrigar a jogar fases de tiros ou a caça as esmeraldas, que é oque mais me irritou.
    Fora isso o gráfico é lindo, personagens novos mais do que bem vindos, o shadow se tornou tão popular quanto o sonic.
  4. Aug 5, 2016
    This is the most overrated game I have ever seen, I'm sorry this is not a great game, the story's good, most of the boss fights are great, the soundtracks awesome, sonic and shadows stages are great, tails and eggmans stages are ok, but I cannot **** stand knuckles and rouges stages, why the **** did they make the radar only track one shard at a time its frustrating, the cutscenes areThis is the most overrated game I have ever seen, I'm sorry this is not a great game, the story's good, most of the boss fights are great, the soundtracks awesome, sonic and shadows stages are great, tails and eggmans stages are ok, but I cannot **** stand knuckles and rouges stages, why the **** did they make the radar only track one shard at a time its frustrating, the cutscenes are horrible, graphics haven't aged well, and the sound mixing is awful. It's overrated as **** by everyone, it's a good game not nearly as good as everyone says it is.

Oh and **** ProJareds review it was **** awful. There! I defended this game as well.
  5. Jul 16, 2011
    There are many improvements in this game in comparison to the previous title. Graphics are better, levels are more difficult and there are no strange boring characters like there was in Sonic Adventure. And Chaos Garden is still there for those who enjoy minigames. But for anyone who played Sonic Adventure at the time of Dreamcast`s release, when it was revolutionary and its first trulyThere are many improvements in this game in comparison to the previous title. Graphics are better, levels are more difficult and there are no strange boring characters like there was in Sonic Adventure. And Chaos Garden is still there for those who enjoy minigames. But for anyone who played Sonic Adventure at the time of Dreamcast`s release, when it was revolutionary and its first truly fantastic 3D gameplay, sonic adventure might be a little bit better. Its cute, the storyline is quite consistent and you can notice how it was tailor made for the console and how they wanted to carefully build a killer game to promote it at its release.
    I cant find a reason for Sonic Adventure 2 to have a score lower than 90. Its fast, its colorful, there are many different stages that change the atmosphere dramatically. The gameplay its nearly perfect - of course there are glitches, most games do... but they are definitely not enough to annoy you. Its a special game for all sonic fans I`m sure, especially for those who prefer modern sonic rather than classic sonic (not saying non-sonic fans wont like it, its just that sonic is kind of a genre itself when it comes to people willing to buy it - they tend to either love it or hate it). Well this is one of my fav games ever!

#1 Most Discussed Dreamcast Game of 2001

1. It's chocked full of speed and action throughout that should satisfy almost any Sonic fan.
    If this is the last Sonic game in these declining Dreamcast years, it's satisfying to know that the DC didn't go out with a bang, but with a sonic boom.
  3. AllDreamcast
    The graphics in SA2 are truly next generation material, and Sonic's stages have never been faster or more intense.