• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 18, 2001
8.6

1. Jul 16, 2011
    There are many improvements in this game in comparison to the previous title. Graphics are better, levels are more difficult and there are no strange boring characters like there was in Sonic Adventure. And Chaos Garden is still there for those who enjoy minigames. But for anyone who played Sonic Adventure at the time of Dreamcast`s release, when it was revolutionary and its first trulyThere are many improvements in this game in comparison to the previous title. Graphics are better, levels are more difficult and there are no strange boring characters like there was in Sonic Adventure. And Chaos Garden is still there for those who enjoy minigames. But for anyone who played Sonic Adventure at the time of Dreamcast`s release, when it was revolutionary and its first truly fantastic 3D gameplay, sonic adventure might be a little bit better. Its cute, the storyline is quite consistent and you can notice how it was tailor made for the console and how they wanted to carefully build a killer game to promote it at its release.
    I cant find a reason for Sonic Adventure 2 to have a score lower than 90. Its fast, its colorful, there are many different stages that change the atmosphere dramatically. The gameplay its nearly perfect - of course there are glitches, most games do... but they are definitely not enough to annoy you. Its a special game for all sonic fans I`m sure, especially for those who prefer modern sonic rather than classic sonic (not saying non-sonic fans wont like it, its just that sonic is kind of a genre itself when it comes to people willing to buy it - they tend to either love it or hate it). Well this is one of my fav games ever!
  2. May 5, 2011
    The variety in Sonic Adventure 2 exceeds any game on the DC -- including Sonic Adventure. Pros: The Sonic and Shadow stages are fast and fun; variety of characters to play with different goals to play for; fantastic visuals; excellent level design; multi-player is stellar. Cons: Frustrating camera; frequent framerate issues; Tails' and Eggman's stages are the weakest points in the game.
  3. Feb 28, 2012
    This may be that only game of Sonic that I have really enjoyed much better if it is the in the last Sega console. While a may not remember as clearly , Im going directly to the entertainment it offered . Sonic fans may start looking for this one... if they can find it .
  4. Mar 5, 2013
    good game with a great story and gameplay. it also has great music and graphics for the time but poor voice acting. the multiplayer is pretty fun too.
  5. Oct 27, 2011
    awesome game cdebnfjhjghenhjdfgjrk,tjnbmfngrmgnf,mgnf,grmgkrhnrjhnrgmr,nmhngkrjhtnh,tmnhrkt,hnt,hrmthnht,mhnthjmtnhjt,mrhnrt,mnhtrkhnh,rtmnhmt,nhm,thnrttr,nmt,nhmtnh,m
  6. Nov 4, 2011
    Full ten out of ten every time. This is without a doubt my favorite game of all time. Oddly enough for a sonic game the best parts of this one were its awesome story and UNBELIEVABLE music. Gameplay for the majority is pretty smooth and fun, though camera angles and minor glitches can sometimes put some deterrence in it. Did i forget to mention the OUTSTANDING soundtrack. I'm serious, it'sFull ten out of ten every time. This is without a doubt my favorite game of all time. Oddly enough for a sonic game the best parts of this one were its awesome story and UNBELIEVABLE music. Gameplay for the majority is pretty smooth and fun, though camera angles and minor glitches can sometimes put some deterrence in it. Did i forget to mention the OUTSTANDING soundtrack. I'm serious, it's astoundingly good. I think you can still buy CD copies of it for 70-300 bucks. 300 bucks. For a DC soundtrack. I know it sounds ridiculous and probably wouldn't be worth it to most people but I would pay 1000 bucks for such a beautiful CD. Thankfully i got mine for under 100. I definitely encourage you to get this version over the ps2 remake. You can find Dreamcasts for like 30 bucks and this for around 20-25 used. This is such an awesome buy its ridiculous. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. AND DID I MENTION THE SOUNDTRACK??!?!?!?! Expand
  7. Apr 22, 2012
    Looking for a speedy action game with gameplay variety and a great story? Play Sonic Adventure 2, an instant classic with some of the best gameplay from the series.
  8. Nov 26, 2011
    Great wonderful splendid gameplay!!! I love this game because it perfectly shows how good sonic can be in 3d if done right!!!! Great job with this one SEGA!
  9. Feb 9, 2012
    Best game in the history of Sonic! Excellent graphics, suitable to the characters the music, great gameplay, excellent and exciting story.... All goes well...
  10. Jun 29, 2012
    Honestly, I always liked the first Sonic Adventure a little better. This game ditches the adventure fields and focuses on a more classic setup. The visuals have improved. The voices are cheesy, but I believe you can change it to Japanese and it makes the game sound alright. This game is probably one of the better 3D sonics.
  11. May 4, 2012
    Best 3D Sonic in the series. The story is astounding, the music score is just epic, it's still graphically beautiful even today ( 2012)...THIS is what sonic is about. The best.
  12. Sep 26, 2012
    Sonic Adventure 2 was the 10th anniversary Sonic game and was originally supposed to be the last Sonic game in the Sonic franchise after the Dreamcast was doing really bad. Sonic Team realized they needed to make the best game possible and while Sonic Adventure 2 is not my "favorite" Sonic game, it is very close to it. The story is the best story I have seen in a Sonic game. EggmanSonic Adventure 2 was the 10th anniversary Sonic game and was originally supposed to be the last Sonic game in the Sonic franchise after the Dreamcast was doing really bad. Sonic Team realized they needed to make the best game possible and while Sonic Adventure 2 is not my "favorite" Sonic game, it is very close to it. The story is the best story I have seen in a Sonic game. Eggman continues his path of destruction but this time he continues what his grandfather left off. That is an ultimate machine that can destroy the world and there is a lifeform named Shadow who used to serve Eggman's grandfather. I like the introduction to a new character in the game and I like how Sonic finally has a counterpart in the series. Another thing I like is how the open world was taken away because I found it extremely frustrating in SA1. Also, there are 2 stories which intertwine with eachother and 3 different gameplay styles. Sonic and Shadow rely on speed, Tails and Eggman rely on blasting enemies using a machine, and Knuckles and Rouge who hunt for chaos emeralds. I love the soundtrack, the level designs, and pretty much everything about this game! Expand
  13. Oct 2, 2012
    Sonic Adventure 2 is possibly known best for it's outstanding music and fun Chao Garden. With both great things in hand it greats an amazing feeling that'll get people to come back for more. From fast gameplay to slow, Sonic Adventure 2 mixes up The feel of the game to make sure you're getting more for your buck. Sonic Adventure 2 is a gem that should always be remembered among Dreamcast games.
  14. Mar 22, 2013
    Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the earFabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Expand
  15. Sep 13, 2013
    This is easily the best sonic game I ever played.
    With good level design, great music and a good story.
    And fun extra's like chao garden and kart race.

I recomend it to everyone who owns a dreamcast or gamecube.
  16. Apr 10, 2013
    While a few levels tend to overstay their welcome, Sonic Adventure 2 is still a very memorable experience. It was a lot of fun with fast-paced, shooting gallery, and treasure hunting levels. Add that to a good story and a great soundtrack, and Sonic Adventure 2 is very enjoyable.
  17. Jul 15, 2014
    It was the helpless trial from SEGA with the Dreamcast to rescue it from the PS2. But in gameplay, graphics and physics the game was so good, that it can compete with todays PS3 and even PS4 titles. Yes, the story wasn't good, but it's a running game and such games don't need stories. It's very good that SEGA has ported it, because younger players can also play this masterpiece.

We have

We have lived in a dream and i hope SEGA will give us a new dream.

Sorry for translation errors.
  18. Dec 17, 2013
    Very interesting game with a good storyline and gameplay! One of the best Sonic games at all! These games should be created so far! I put 10 out of 10!
  19. May 2, 2014
    A perfect game! this is the ultimate sonic game! Don't believe me? Play it for yourself! this is one of my favorite games ever! My love for this game is partly because it's the first game I ever played, but even if it isn't, it's almost guaranteed to put a smile on your face!
  20. Dec 7, 2014
    A amazing game. I would give this 8,5 but that is not an option so i'm choosing 9. I AGREE with the haters. This game is buggy and the tails stages were bad. The treasure hunting stages weren't that bad but still underwhelming. I hated the tails stages. Liked the eggman stages. Knuckles and Rouge stages were ok. But the Sonic and Shadow stages TAKE THE SPOTLIGHT! This is where theA amazing game. I would give this 8,5 but that is not an option so i'm choosing 9. I AGREE with the haters. This game is buggy and the tails stages were bad. The treasure hunting stages weren't that bad but still underwhelming. I hated the tails stages. Liked the eggman stages. Knuckles and Rouge stages were ok. But the Sonic and Shadow stages TAKE THE SPOTLIGHT! This is where the franchise died for me :(

Sonic generations and Colors were great tho.
  21. Sep 4, 2014
    Fast and superior gameplay with Sonic/Shadow, stunning graphics as for DC, PS2 quality-like, godly-awesome hyping, energizing music (some tracks are really memorable, like Green Forest, Sky Rail, White Jungle, Final Rush or Menu theme), great level design, good are too side-missions to both stages, character upgrades, later bosses and suprisingly story is great too! Once again greatFast and superior gameplay with Sonic/Shadow, stunning graphics as for DC, PS2 quality-like, godly-awesome hyping, energizing music (some tracks are really memorable, like Green Forest, Sky Rail, White Jungle, Final Rush or Menu theme), great level design, good are too side-missions to both stages, character upgrades, later bosses and suprisingly story is great too! Once again great Sonic/Shadow gameplay! About bad things - sometimes collision bugs, Tails/Eggman(Robotnik)/Knuckles/Rough stages, which are something like "side" stages, freakin Chao Garden and unlockables, which are near-impossible to made (all stages A-rank? No, thanks, it will takes houndred of hours and houndred of nerves). One of the best action/platform games ever made, deserves 9/10 note fully! Expand
  22. Aug 23, 2014
    I will be 100% honest now. SA2 was all SEGA needed. The pieces that make the game? Shadow, ARK and the story. This is my favourite game of all series, and I could say the "found you, faker!" dialogue from my mind. This is the game you want to go for if you're sick of werehog and 06.
  23. Dec 5, 2014
    A really good game, especially his new versions. The fact that the history is good, and there is 2P battle, already does the game. I ve played the Story mode with my brother, obviously the history is Single-Player, but we did it in our way. If someone not like this game, and won't will buy it, he is wasting his time with i-dunno-what.
  24. Dec 16, 2014
    Sonic Adventure 2 is not only the best Sonic game for the Dreamcast, probably my number one favourite 3D Sonic game and my fourth favourite Sonic game of all time. The graphics are great especially for Dreamcast standards, the gameplay was a lot of fun especially speed and platforming levels with Sonic and Shadow, shooting and platforming with Tails and Eggman and treasure hunting withSonic Adventure 2 is not only the best Sonic game for the Dreamcast, probably my number one favourite 3D Sonic game and my fourth favourite Sonic game of all time. The graphics are great especially for Dreamcast standards, the gameplay was a lot of fun especially speed and platforming levels with Sonic and Shadow, shooting and platforming with Tails and Eggman and treasure hunting with Knuckles and Rouge which were a lot of great fun. The music was awesome, Jun Senoue always made great music for any Sonic game, especially Sonic 3D Flickie's Island. The story of SA2 felt weak compared to the first one, because it did not have as much emotion as the first one did, but it did have action and some emotion into it, but still a good story. The Chao Garden was heavily improved over its predecessor and not only you pet them and give animals to them for new abilities, there was Chaos Drives to give them abilities without animal limbs on. Minor complaints are the frustrating camera angle, mediocre rap songs with Knuckles and average voice acting. Despite the minor complaints, it's still a great game. I love it. Expand

1. It's chocked full of speed and action throughout that should satisfy almost any Sonic fan.
    If this is the last Sonic game in these declining Dreamcast years, it's satisfying to know that the DC didn't go out with a bang, but with a sonic boom.
  3. The graphics in SA2 are truly next generation material, and Sonic's stages have never been faster or more intense.