Sonic Adventure 2 Dreamcast

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 18, 2001
8.6

1. May 5, 2011
    The variety in Sonic Adventure 2 exceeds any game on the DC -- including Sonic Adventure. Pros: The Sonic and Shadow stages are fast and fun; variety of characters to play with different goals to play for; fantastic visuals; excellent level design; multi-player is stellar. Cons: Frustrating camera; frequent framerate issues; Tails' and Eggman's stages are the weakest points in the game.
  2. Feb 28, 2012
    This may be that only game of Sonic that I have really enjoyed much better if it is the in the last Sega console. While a may not remember as clearly , Im going directly to the entertainment it offered . Sonic fans may start looking for this one... if they can find it .
  3. May 19, 2011
    Essential to any DC collection, SA2 is more proof that a 3-D Sonic game can be fun. Pros: Excellent graphics for the DC; smooth controls; fantastic level design; rockin' soundtrack; has a wide variety of gameplay elements, including fast and fun Sonic/Shadow stages, addictive Chao Garden, and multiplayer; lots of extras/secrets. Cons: Poor camera; framerate issues; difficulty becomesEssential to any DC collection, SA2 is more proof that a 3-D Sonic game can be fun. Pros: Excellent graphics for the DC; smooth controls; fantastic level design; rockin' soundtrack; has a wide variety of gameplay elements, including fast and fun Sonic/Shadow stages, addictive Chao Garden, and multiplayer; lots of extras/secrets. Cons: Poor camera; framerate issues; difficulty becomes increasingly frustrating, morely in Tails/Eggman stages. Expand
  4. Mar 5, 2013
    good game with a great story and gameplay. it also has great music and graphics for the time but poor voice acting. the multiplayer is pretty fun too.
  5. Nov 4, 2011
    Full ten out of ten every time. This is without a doubt my favorite game of all time. Oddly enough for a sonic game the best parts of this one were its awesome story and UNBELIEVABLE music. Gameplay for the majority is pretty smooth and fun, though camera angles and minor glitches can sometimes put some deterrence in it. Did i forget to mention the OUTSTANDING soundtrack. I'm serious, it'sFull ten out of ten every time. This is without a doubt my favorite game of all time. Oddly enough for a sonic game the best parts of this one were its awesome story and UNBELIEVABLE music. Gameplay for the majority is pretty smooth and fun, though camera angles and minor glitches can sometimes put some deterrence in it. Did i forget to mention the OUTSTANDING soundtrack. I'm serious, it's astoundingly good. I think you can still buy CD copies of it for 70-300 bucks. 300 bucks. For a DC soundtrack. I know it sounds ridiculous and probably wouldn't be worth it to most people but I would pay 1000 bucks for such a beautiful CD. Thankfully i got mine for under 100. I definitely encourage you to get this version over the ps2 remake. You can find Dreamcasts for like 30 bucks and this for around 20-25 used. This is such an awesome buy its ridiculous. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. AND DID I MENTION THE SOUNDTRACK??!?!?!?! Expand
  6. Apr 22, 2012
    Looking for a speedy action game with gameplay variety and a great story? Play Sonic Adventure 2, an instant classic with some of the best gameplay from the series.
  7. Feb 9, 2012
    Best game in the history of Sonic! Excellent graphics, suitable to the characters the music, great gameplay, excellent and exciting story.... All goes well...
  8. Jun 29, 2012
    Honestly, I always liked the first Sonic Adventure a little better. This game ditches the adventure fields and focuses on a more classic setup. The visuals have improved. The voices are cheesy, but I believe you can change it to Japanese and it makes the game sound alright. This game is probably one of the better 3D sonics.
  9. May 4, 2012
    Best 3D Sonic in the series. The story is astounding, the music score is just epic, it's still graphically beautiful even today ( 2012)...THIS is what sonic is about. The best.
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    Sonic Adventure 2 is possibly known best for it's outstanding music and fun Chao Garden. With both great things in hand it greats an amazing feeling that'll get people to come back for more. From fast gameplay to slow, Sonic Adventure 2 mixes up The feel of the game to make sure you're getting more for your buck. Sonic Adventure 2 is a gem that should always be remembered among Dreamcast games.
  11. Monkeyman
    Oct 25, 2005
    This is game is absolutely fabulous...excluding the loss of the adventure from 1 and the camera.
  12. AndrewV.
    Oct 10, 2001
    I say that this game is twice as good as the first because this time, you can play as the bad guys. I also love the new charector SHADOW!
  13. GleanT.
    Jul 29, 2005
    This is the absolute best game ever. I loved it, it's better then the original, altough the origanal was good for it's time and it's my fav game too, SA2 is simply, THE BEST DAMN GAME EVER!
  14. CalvinA.
    Oct 11, 2001
    As a true Sonic fan, I noticed a few flaws, but not enough to keep me from saying, "This game is just the best."
  15. Jun 19, 2011
    An action-packed adventure with smooth, nice graphics (at least at that time). Slightly buggy at times, however that does not affect the gameplay much. The 2 player mode is cool, however the shooting mode with Tails and Eggman is a bit pointless. The music is very nice and perfectly fits the whole experience. A very good Dreamcast game.
  16. Nov 9, 2011
    Sonic Adventure 2 is one of the greatest games anyone could get for Dreamcast, Period. It's a great follow-up to the original Sonic Adventure & features a very well written & interesting storyline including the introduction of a brand new character, Shadow The Hedgehog. The Sonic/Shadow levels are the best part of the game, it really sticks to the concept of Sonic & is a great example ofSonic Adventure 2 is one of the greatest games anyone could get for Dreamcast, Period. It's a great follow-up to the original Sonic Adventure & features a very well written & interesting storyline including the introduction of a brand new character, Shadow The Hedgehog. The Sonic/Shadow levels are the best part of the game, it really sticks to the concept of Sonic & is a great example of what a level in a Sonic game should be & features blazing fast gameplay, the Tails/Eggman levels are also entertaining but kind of lacking at the same time, while the Knuckles/Rouge levels are rather boring, time consuming & somewhat frustrating. Overall, Sonic Adventure 2 is a great game & the greatest Sonic game for Dreamcast. Expand
  17. Apr 10, 2013
    While a few levels tend to overstay their welcome, Sonic Adventure 2 is still a very memorable experience. It was a lot of fun with fast-paced, shooting gallery, and treasure hunting levels. Add that to a good story and a great soundtrack, and Sonic Adventure 2 is very enjoyable.
  18. Sep 13, 2013
    This is easily the best sonic game I ever played.
    With good level design, great music and a good story.
    And fun extra's like chao garden and kart race.

I recomend it to everyone who owns a dreamcast or gamecube.
  19. Jul 15, 2014
    It was the helpless trial from SEGA with the Dreamcast to rescue it from the PS2. But in gameplay, graphics and physics the game was so good, that it can compete with todays PS3 and even PS4 titles. Yes, the story wasn't good, but it's a running game and such games don't need stories. It's very good that SEGA has ported it, because younger players can also play this masterpiece.

We have

We have lived in a dream and i hope SEGA will give us a new dream.

Sorry for translation errors.
  20. Dec 17, 2013
    Very interesting game with a good storyline and gameplay! One of the best Sonic games at all! These games should be created so far! I put 10 out of 10!
  21. May 2, 2014
    A perfect game! this is the ultimate sonic game! Don't believe me? Play it for yourself! this is one of my favorite games ever! My love for this game is partly because it's the first game I ever played, but even if it isn't, it's almost guaranteed to put a smile on your face!
  22. Oct 18, 2014
    I'll get around to writing a more detailed review at some point. Basically, it's good, and that's what counts. The graphics are especially impressive for the time!
  23. Dec 7, 2014
    A amazing game. I would give this 8,5 but that is not an option so i'm choosing 9. I AGREE with the haters. This game is buggy and the tails stages were bad. The treasure hunting stages weren't that bad but still underwhelming. I hated the tails stages. Liked the eggman stages. Knuckles and Rouge stages were ok. But the Sonic and Shadow stages TAKE THE SPOTLIGHT! This is where theA amazing game. I would give this 8,5 but that is not an option so i'm choosing 9. I AGREE with the haters. This game is buggy and the tails stages were bad. The treasure hunting stages weren't that bad but still underwhelming. I hated the tails stages. Liked the eggman stages. Knuckles and Rouge stages were ok. But the Sonic and Shadow stages TAKE THE SPOTLIGHT! This is where the franchise died for me :(

Sonic generations and Colors were great tho.
  24. Aug 23, 2014
    I will be 100% honest now. SA2 was all SEGA needed. The pieces that make the game? Shadow, ARK and the story. This is my favourite game of all series, and I could say the "found you, faker!" dialogue from my mind. This is the game you want to go for if you're sick of werehog and 06.
  25. Dec 5, 2014
    A really good game, especially his new versions. The fact that the history is good, and there is 2P battle, already does the game. I ve played the Story mode with my brother, obviously the history is Single-Player, but we did it in our way. If someone not like this game, and won't will buy it, he is wasting his time with i-dunno-what.
  26. Dec 16, 2014
    Sonic Adventure 2 is not only the best Sonic game for the Dreamcast, probably my number one favourite 3D Sonic game and my fourth favourite Sonic game of all time. The graphics are great especially for Dreamcast standards, the gameplay was a lot of fun especially speed and platforming levels with Sonic and Shadow, shooting and platforming with Tails and Eggman and treasure hunting withSonic Adventure 2 is not only the best Sonic game for the Dreamcast, probably my number one favourite 3D Sonic game and my fourth favourite Sonic game of all time. The graphics are great especially for Dreamcast standards, the gameplay was a lot of fun especially speed and platforming levels with Sonic and Shadow, shooting and platforming with Tails and Eggman and treasure hunting with Knuckles and Rouge which were a lot of great fun. The music was awesome, Jun Senoue always made great music for any Sonic game, especially Sonic 3D Flickie's Island. The story of SA2 felt weak compared to the first one, because it did not have as much emotion as the first one did, but it did have action and some emotion into it, but still a good story. The Chao Garden was heavily improved over its predecessor and not only you pet them and give animals to them for new abilities, there was Chaos Drives to give them abilities without animal limbs on. Minor complaints are the frustrating camera angle, mediocre rap songs with Knuckles and average voice acting. Despite the minor complaints, it's still a great game. I love it. Expand
  27. Jan 24, 2015
    Easily one of the most memorable and most refined Sonci games of all time. A captivating story, drop dead gorgeous presentation, amazing music, and gameplay that makes the best of the template Sonic formula. Together, we have undoubtedly, one hell of a Sonic game.
  28. Feb 8, 2015
    Easily one of the best Sonic games to date.Every stage is fun and enjoyable.Although that some Mecha and Treasure stages can take quite some time but i still think it's a great game.
  29. Apr 3, 2015
    One of the best sonic games ever created mememememememmememememmememememmemememememmemememememememmemememememmememememememmemememememememememmemememem
  30. Apr 3, 2015
    This game is an excellent follow up to the first game, improving on the camera and story, fun gameplay, and even the chao garden is better! BEST 3D SOIC GAME EVER!!!
  31. Jul 3, 2016
    My favorite and favorite sonic game is this one. The graphics are better than the other sonic adventure the controls are good but didn't really aged well again. The levels are amazing. These levels & music are 100% nostalgic. City Escape I will never forget cause that level is fast paced. The variety is huge and this is the best Dreamcast game of all time. The 2 new characters I think areMy favorite and favorite sonic game is this one. The graphics are better than the other sonic adventure the controls are good but didn't really aged well again. The levels are amazing. These levels & music are 100% nostalgic. City Escape I will never forget cause that level is fast paced. The variety is huge and this is the best Dreamcast game of all time. The 2 new characters I think are thought out well. We get to play as EGGMAN? This game is full of awesome surprises. The setting is great and the story is amazing as well. This game I can go on all day but the more I say this the more I think YOU should play. Get the dreamcast and play the amazing masterpiece and I'm sure you'll love it. Great job Sega! Expand
  32. AndrewP.
    Dec 15, 2006
    Best 3D Sonic game I've ever played. Dreamcast rules, I still have mine! Fabio and Jugon Dream are morons, this game is excellent.
  33. Oct 27, 2011
    awesome game cdebnfjhjghenhjdfgjrk,tjnbmfngrmgnf,mgnf,grmgkrhnrjhnrgmr,nmhngkrjhtnh,tmnhrkt,hnt,hrmthnht,mhnthjmtnhjt,mrhnrt,mnhtrkhnh,rtmnhmt,nhm,thnrttr,nmt,nhmtnh,m
  34. Nov 26, 2011
    Great wonderful splendid gameplay!!! I love this game because it perfectly shows how good sonic can be in 3d if done right!!!! Great job with this one SEGA!
  35. Jul 16, 2011
    There are many improvements in this game in comparison to the previous title. Graphics are better, levels are more difficult and there are no strange boring characters like there was in Sonic Adventure. And Chaos Garden is still there for those who enjoy minigames. But for anyone who played Sonic Adventure at the time of Dreamcast`s release, when it was revolutionary and its first trulyThere are many improvements in this game in comparison to the previous title. Graphics are better, levels are more difficult and there are no strange boring characters like there was in Sonic Adventure. And Chaos Garden is still there for those who enjoy minigames. But for anyone who played Sonic Adventure at the time of Dreamcast`s release, when it was revolutionary and its first truly fantastic 3D gameplay, sonic adventure might be a little bit better. Its cute, the storyline is quite consistent and you can notice how it was tailor made for the console and how they wanted to carefully build a killer game to promote it at its release.
    I cant find a reason for Sonic Adventure 2 to have a score lower than 90. Its fast, its colorful, there are many different stages that change the atmosphere dramatically. The gameplay its nearly perfect - of course there are glitches, most games do... but they are definitely not enough to annoy you. Its a special game for all sonic fans I`m sure, especially for those who prefer modern sonic rather than classic sonic (not saying non-sonic fans wont like it, its just that sonic is kind of a genre itself when it comes to people willing to buy it - they tend to either love it or hate it). Well this is one of my fav games ever!
  36. CrazyTaxi
    Jun 10, 2002
    Da best damn game ever.
  37. Sep 26, 2012
    Sonic Adventure 2 was the 10th anniversary Sonic game and was originally supposed to be the last Sonic game in the Sonic franchise after the Dreamcast was doing really bad. Sonic Team realized they needed to make the best game possible and while Sonic Adventure 2 is not my "favorite" Sonic game, it is very close to it. The story is the best story I have seen in a Sonic game. EggmanSonic Adventure 2 was the 10th anniversary Sonic game and was originally supposed to be the last Sonic game in the Sonic franchise after the Dreamcast was doing really bad. Sonic Team realized they needed to make the best game possible and while Sonic Adventure 2 is not my "favorite" Sonic game, it is very close to it. The story is the best story I have seen in a Sonic game. Eggman continues his path of destruction but this time he continues what his grandfather left off. That is an ultimate machine that can destroy the world and there is a lifeform named Shadow who used to serve Eggman's grandfather. I like the introduction to a new character in the game and I like how Sonic finally has a counterpart in the series. Another thing I like is how the open world was taken away because I found it extremely frustrating in SA1. Also, there are 2 stories which intertwine with eachother and 3 different gameplay styles. Sonic and Shadow rely on speed, Tails and Eggman rely on blasting enemies using a machine, and Knuckles and Rouge who hunt for chaos emeralds. I love the soundtrack, the level designs, and pretty much everything about this game! Expand
  38. JohnS.
    Sep 8, 2001
    This game is the greatest! It's fun and a lot of action. This game is the greatest one out there!!
  39. JonR.
    Nov 9, 2001
    I already beat SA2 and I think this is the best game of all the sonic games.
  40. DanielleM.
    Jul 10, 2001
    I simply love this game!
  41. DerM.
    Sep 29, 2001
    It's the best game ever!!!
  42. ChrisS.
    Feb 14, 2003
    This is the best damn game ever! I am just so mad that sega discontinued the f***ing system!
  43. TylerP.
    Dec 6, 2001
    It kicks ass. The music's sweet.
    Aug 23, 2001
    Anyone who gave this game less than perfect doesn't deserve to rate games.
  45. KennethW.
    Apr 1, 2002
    Get rid of everyone but Sonic and Shadow and this game would be perfect.
  46. DJMac
    May 24, 2002
    It's is coooool dude! Graphics are good, new people showed up, the bosses are harder more adventure in it. peace out p.s. finish making sonic adventure3 yet.
  47. TylerM.
    May 7, 2002
    Very fun and cool!!
  48. C.E.
    Jun 10, 2002
    This is the best game ever.
  49. MarkM.
    Oct 23, 2003
    It is the best game ever and I cant wait untill sonicadventure3.
  50. Eoin
    Sep 18, 2001
    Sonic Adventure 2 has so few flaws - just the Sonic levels would have made it a decent game, but it goes so much further. A bandicoot you say?
  51. Mar 22, 2013
    Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the earFabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Fabio cats in the ear Expand
  52. Sep 4, 2014
    Fast and superior gameplay with Sonic/Shadow, stunning graphics as for DC, PS2 quality-like, godly-awesome hyping, energizing music (some tracks are really memorable, like Green Forest, Sky Rail, White Jungle, Final Rush or Menu theme), great level design, good are too side-missions to both stages, character upgrades, later bosses and suprisingly story is great too! Once again greatFast and superior gameplay with Sonic/Shadow, stunning graphics as for DC, PS2 quality-like, godly-awesome hyping, energizing music (some tracks are really memorable, like Green Forest, Sky Rail, White Jungle, Final Rush or Menu theme), great level design, good are too side-missions to both stages, character upgrades, later bosses and suprisingly story is great too! Once again great Sonic/Shadow gameplay! About bad things - sometimes collision bugs, Tails/Eggman(Robotnik)/Knuckles/Rough stages, which are something like "side" stages, freakin Chao Garden and unlockables, which are near-impossible to made (all stages A-rank? No, thanks, it will takes houndred of hours and houndred of nerves). One of the best action/platform games ever made, deserves 9/10 note fully! Expand
  53. Jan 8, 2015
    Admit it you spent more time in the Chao Garden the playing the actual game itself. Adds so much replay value and they are so freaking adorable you can agree!
  54. MathewG.
    Oct 24, 2001
    What Kind of stupid question is that?....Hell yea.
  55. MichaelC.
    Sep 24, 2001
    It's really neat and really fun.
  56. Feb 23, 2015
    Sonic adventure 2 battle is the best sonic game of all time, i'm not only talking about the "adventure" but also the design, for its time it was very inspiring for people who want to be a video game designer. Also playing with your chao's and deciding what they become is one of the funnest of the game. the back story of shadow didn't only make you kind of guilty that you killed so manySonic adventure 2 battle is the best sonic game of all time, i'm not only talking about the "adventure" but also the design, for its time it was very inspiring for people who want to be a video game designer. Also playing with your chao's and deciding what they become is one of the funnest of the game. the back story of shadow didn't only make you kind of guilty that you killed so many times as sonic, but also makes you always want to be him in the chao world. there was nothing wrong with this game and if you think there is its probably just because you had troubles with one of the levels. Expand
  57. Mar 17, 2016
    The first Sonic game I played. Story is interesting at last, maybe with some silly moments, but still one of the very few good stories in a Sonic game. I want to especially point that because even if the obvious most important aspect on every platformer is gameplay, a good story always add to an ambitious modern game. Music is absolutely perfect, perhaps the best soundtrack I've ever heardThe first Sonic game I played. Story is interesting at last, maybe with some silly moments, but still one of the very few good stories in a Sonic game. I want to especially point that because even if the obvious most important aspect on every platformer is gameplay, a good story always add to an ambitious modern game. Music is absolutely perfect, perhaps the best soundtrack I've ever heard on a video game. The just don't make soundtracks like this anymore (sigh). Actual gameplay is nice, but the camera has well-known problem. Still, it's the type of 3D Sonic game I like: controlled speed with a given importance to actual platforms, not just speed passages and no cheap and repetitive 2D parts.
    There's also a ton of extras which highly increase the amount of hours you could spend playing this title.
    This game has gained some hate right know for who-knows reasons, but I see this game got a lot of praise in the past. Whatever, if you have a Dreamcast or a emulator, play it, even if you don't like Sonic, you will likely change your mind. This is the type of Sonic games we need today.
  58. sdc
    Apr 3, 2015
    The story is epic, presentation is adventurous, the controls slick, and the gameplay is perfect. A 10/10. Of course, we'll sadly always have those stupid, stupid idiots slandering this game's perfectly fine gameplay. (rolls eyes) Sonic fanbase.
  59. Dec 18, 2015
    Pure 3D Sonic/Shadow Gameplay + Pure Knuckles/Rouge Gameplay + Cool Tails/Eggman Gameplay + Chao Garden + Emblems to collect + Nice 2P Versus = SA2 10/10
  60. Oct 28, 2016
    You want pretty much a big game with a lack of required buttons? You got it and it's right here. Sonic Adventure 2's story, split into two different campaigns, is a big change to the series. You get to play as Sonic, Tails , and Knuckles in a numerous attempt to conquer evil's plan once again or as the fearless Shadow, antagonistic Eggman, and why-does-this-character-exist Rogue for aYou want pretty much a big game with a lack of required buttons? You got it and it's right here. Sonic Adventure 2's story, split into two different campaigns, is a big change to the series. You get to play as Sonic, Tails , and Knuckles in a numerous attempt to conquer evil's plan once again or as the fearless Shadow, antagonistic Eggman, and why-does-this-character-exist Rogue for a certain amount of worlds. It's sad to know that the Dreamcast was discontinued before this game was even released, but it had a heart saying that we might get a sequel to Sonic Adventure 2 and here it is. Expand
  61. Aug 15, 2016
    Sonic Adventure 2 is one of the best games SEGA done so far. Game has perfect soundtrack and gameplay. There can be few glitches in game like a bus stuck in my camera view in City Escape, wall high-jump, infinite time-stop, skipping levels and etc. But game is good overall. 10/10
  62. Feb 12, 2016
    THIS GAME is amazingly fun you will spend hours and minutes playing but even thoe it didnt save the dreamcast its still a awsome game i recomend you try it out
  63. Mar 10, 2016
    I think this game has an honest shot for winning the title of being the most cinematic game ever. From the forever iconic opening to the game, to the most climatic finish to any Sonic game out there, there's very little for me to say negatively here. Yes, it's technologically a bit scratchy. But the highly entertaining story, above average presentation, and some of the best gameplay in theI think this game has an honest shot for winning the title of being the most cinematic game ever. From the forever iconic opening to the game, to the most climatic finish to any Sonic game out there, there's very little for me to say negatively here. Yes, it's technologically a bit scratchy. But the highly entertaining story, above average presentation, and some of the best gameplay in the franchise, I'd say those minor flaws are easy to overlook. Expand
  64. Apr 12, 2016
    el mejor juego de sonic para mi, unos graficos muy bonitos acompañados de buena musica. grandes recuerdos de mi infancia jugando en dreamcast. recomendado que lo compren para las personas que no lo conozcan
  65. May 13, 2016
    This is the best 3D sonic nothing tops this besides sonic generation and sonic colors. This game introduces shadow the hedgehog and he is a great character to play with
  66. May 15, 2016
    This is an amazing game. You can finally play as eggman, shadow has been introduced, and rouge is just awesome. This is one of the best sonic games. I also like it because of the freaking awesome Live and Learn soundtrack.
  67. Jul 30, 2016
    this is the 2nd best game ever under sonic 3 this game is purefect i love it better than sa1
    play this game now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  68. Jul 17, 2016
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Sonic adventure 2 is on of mine favourite sonic games. Amazing plot, darker climate, 2 stories (and one secret story), awsome chao garden, outstanding soundtrack, curious riddle of the past of shadow the hedgehog made it best sonic game next to sonic colours and generations. the cons ar poor character's voice and rouge the bat. Expand
  69. Aug 22, 2016
    Otimo jogo , graficos lindos para o dreamcast, e marca a chegada de shadow,o outro ouriço rapido, esse jogo peca em ter que passar por todos, nao gostei de ser obrigado a caçar esmeraldas
  70. Jan 24, 2017
    Um jogo maravilhoso, o jogo traz shadow o ouriço supremo, com uma historia muito boa e ate emocionante, com 3 gameplays diferentes, de tiro, classico e caça esmeraldas
  71. Dec 3, 2016
    I don't care what people say about this game. All those youtubers and sonic haters who never played one sonic game this game is great by someone actually played and thought greatly about the game. I love this game and all these people will never change my opinion.
  72. Feb 18, 2017
    One of the best and successful game in Sonic's franchise. This game is purely amazing, the graphics are amazing for a 2001 game. I liked all 3 three modes of this gaming, which includes: Speeding, shooting and treasure hunting. It had variety of missions which were very fun to play and get A ranks in them. The soundtrack was magnificent and really catchy, I liked all the level and cutsceneOne of the best and successful game in Sonic's franchise. This game is purely amazing, the graphics are amazing for a 2001 game. I liked all 3 three modes of this gaming, which includes: Speeding, shooting and treasure hunting. It had variety of missions which were very fun to play and get A ranks in them. The soundtrack was magnificent and really catchy, I liked all the level and cutscene themes and big part of the character themes too. The plot was interesting and apperance of shadow made this game a masterpiece, Chao gardens and 2 player modes were addictive habits. It's really hard to hate this game though! Expand

#1 Most Discussed Dreamcast Game of 2001
#1 Most Shared Dreamcast Game of 2001

1. It's chocked full of speed and action throughout that should satisfy almost any Sonic fan.
    If this is the last Sonic game in these declining Dreamcast years, it's satisfying to know that the DC didn't go out with a bang, but with a sonic boom.
  3. AllDreamcast
    The graphics in SA2 are truly next generation material, and Sonic's stages have never been faster or more intense.