• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Jun 18, 2001
8.6

1. May 5, 2011
    The variety in Sonic Adventure 2 exceeds any game on the DC -- including Sonic Adventure. Pros: The Sonic and Shadow stages are fast and fun; variety of characters to play with different goals to play for; fantastic visuals; excellent level design; multi-player is stellar. Cons: Frustrating camera; frequent framerate issues; Tails' and Eggman's stages are the weakest points in the game.
  2. Feb 28, 2012
    This may be that only game of Sonic that I have really enjoyed much better if it is the in the last Sega console. While a may not remember as clearly , Im going directly to the entertainment it offered . Sonic fans may start looking for this one... if they can find it .
  3. May 19, 2011
    Essential to any DC collection, SA2 is more proof that a 3-D Sonic game can be fun. Pros: Excellent graphics for the DC; smooth controls; fantastic level design; rockin' soundtrack; has a wide variety of gameplay elements, including fast and fun Sonic/Shadow stages, addictive Chao Garden, and multiplayer; lots of extras/secrets. Cons: Poor camera; framerate issues; difficulty becomesEssential to any DC collection, SA2 is more proof that a 3-D Sonic game can be fun. Pros: Excellent graphics for the DC; smooth controls; fantastic level design; rockin' soundtrack; has a wide variety of gameplay elements, including fast and fun Sonic/Shadow stages, addictive Chao Garden, and multiplayer; lots of extras/secrets. Cons: Poor camera; framerate issues; difficulty becomes increasingly frustrating, morely in Tails/Eggman stages. Expand
  4. Mar 5, 2013
    good game with a great story and gameplay. it also has great music and graphics for the time but poor voice acting. the multiplayer is pretty fun too.
  5. Nov 4, 2011
    Full ten out of ten every time. This is without a doubt my favorite game of all time. Oddly enough for a sonic game the best parts of this one were its awesome story and UNBELIEVABLE music. Gameplay for the majority is pretty smooth and fun, though camera angles and minor glitches can sometimes put some deterrence in it. Did i forget to mention the OUTSTANDING soundtrack. I'm serious, it'sFull ten out of ten every time. This is without a doubt my favorite game of all time. Oddly enough for a sonic game the best parts of this one were its awesome story and UNBELIEVABLE music. Gameplay for the majority is pretty smooth and fun, though camera angles and minor glitches can sometimes put some deterrence in it. Did i forget to mention the OUTSTANDING soundtrack. I'm serious, it's astoundingly good. I think you can still buy CD copies of it for 70-300 bucks. 300 bucks. For a DC soundtrack. I know it sounds ridiculous and probably wouldn't be worth it to most people but I would pay 1000 bucks for such a beautiful CD. Thankfully i got mine for under 100. I definitely encourage you to get this version over the ps2 remake. You can find Dreamcasts for like 30 bucks and this for around 20-25 used. This is such an awesome buy its ridiculous. STRONGLY RECOMMENDED. AND DID I MENTION THE SOUNDTRACK??!?!?!?! Expand
  6. Apr 22, 2012
    Looking for a speedy action game with gameplay variety and a great story? Play Sonic Adventure 2, an instant classic with some of the best gameplay from the series.
  7. Feb 9, 2012
    Best game in the history of Sonic! Excellent graphics, suitable to the characters the music, great gameplay, excellent and exciting story.... All goes well...
  8. Jun 29, 2012
    Honestly, I always liked the first Sonic Adventure a little better. This game ditches the adventure fields and focuses on a more classic setup. The visuals have improved. The voices are cheesy, but I believe you can change it to Japanese and it makes the game sound alright. This game is probably one of the better 3D sonics.
  9. May 4, 2012
    Best 3D Sonic in the series. The story is astounding, the music score is just epic, it's still graphically beautiful even today ( 2012)...THIS is what sonic is about. The best.
  10. Oct 2, 2012
    Sonic Adventure 2 is possibly known best for it's outstanding music and fun Chao Garden. With both great things in hand it greats an amazing feeling that'll get people to come back for more. From fast gameplay to slow, Sonic Adventure 2 mixes up The feel of the game to make sure you're getting more for your buck. Sonic Adventure 2 is a gem that should always be remembered among Dreamcast games.
  11. Jul 15, 2014
    It was the helpless trial from SEGA with the Dreamcast to rescue it from the PS2. But in gameplay, graphics and physics the game was so good, that it can compete with todays PS3 and even PS4 titles. Yes, the story wasn't good, but it's a running game and such games don't need stories. It's very good that SEGA has ported it, because younger players can also play this masterpiece.

We have

We have lived in a dream and i hope SEGA will give us a new dream.

Sorry for translation errors.
  12. Monkeyman
    Oct 25, 2005
    This is game is absolutely fabulous...excluding the loss of the adventure from 1 and the camera.
  13. AndrewV.
    Oct 10, 2001
    I say that this game is twice as good as the first because this time, you can play as the bad guys. I also love the new charector SHADOW!
  14. GleanT.
    Jul 29, 2005
    This is the absolute best game ever. I loved it, it's better then the original, altough the origanal was good for it's time and it's my fav game too, SA2 is simply, THE BEST DAMN GAME EVER!
  15. CalvinA.
    Oct 11, 2001
    As a true Sonic fan, I noticed a few flaws, but not enough to keep me from saying, "This game is just the best."
  16. Jun 19, 2011
    An action-packed adventure with smooth, nice graphics (at least at that time). Slightly buggy at times, however that does not affect the gameplay much. The 2 player mode is cool, however the shooting mode with Tails and Eggman is a bit pointless. The music is very nice and perfectly fits the whole experience. A very good Dreamcast game.
  17. Nov 9, 2011
    Sonic Adventure 2 is one of the greatest games anyone could get for Dreamcast, Period. It's a great follow-up to the original Sonic Adventure & features a very well written & interesting storyline including the introduction of a brand new character, Shadow The Hedgehog. The Sonic/Shadow levels are the best part of the game, it really sticks to the concept of Sonic & is a great example ofSonic Adventure 2 is one of the greatest games anyone could get for Dreamcast, Period. It's a great follow-up to the original Sonic Adventure & features a very well written & interesting storyline including the introduction of a brand new character, Shadow The Hedgehog. The Sonic/Shadow levels are the best part of the game, it really sticks to the concept of Sonic & is a great example of what a level in a Sonic game should be & features blazing fast gameplay, the Tails/Eggman levels are also entertaining but kind of lacking at the same time, while the Knuckles/Rouge levels are rather boring, time consuming & somewhat frustrating. Overall, Sonic Adventure 2 is a great game & the greatest Sonic game for Dreamcast. Expand
  18. Apr 10, 2013
    While a few levels tend to overstay their welcome, Sonic Adventure 2 is still a very memorable experience. It was a lot of fun with fast-paced, shooting gallery, and treasure hunting levels. Add that to a good story and a great soundtrack, and Sonic Adventure 2 is very enjoyable.
  19. Sep 13, 2013
    This is easily the best sonic game I ever played.
    With good level design, great music and a good story.
    And fun extra's like chao garden and kart race.

I recomend it to everyone who owns a dreamcast or gamecube.
  20. Dec 17, 2013
    Very interesting game with a good storyline and gameplay! One of the best Sonic games at all! These games should be created so far! I put 10 out of 10!
  21. May 2, 2014
    A perfect game! this is the ultimate sonic game! Don't believe me? Play it for yourself! this is one of my favorite games ever! My love for this game is partly because it's the first game I ever played, but even if it isn't, it's almost guaranteed to put a smile on your face!
  22. Oct 18, 2014
    I'll get around to writing a more detailed review at some point. Basically, it's good, and that's what counts. The graphics are especially impressive for the time!
  23. Dec 7, 2014
    A amazing game. I would give this 8,5 but that is not an option so i'm choosing 9. I AGREE with the haters. This game is buggy and the tails stages were bad. The treasure hunting stages weren't that bad but still underwhelming. I hated the tails stages. Liked the eggman stages. Knuckles and Rouge stages were ok. But the Sonic and Shadow stages TAKE THE SPOTLIGHT! This is where theA amazing game. I would give this 8,5 but that is not an option so i'm choosing 9. I AGREE with the haters. This game is buggy and the tails stages were bad. The treasure hunting stages weren't that bad but still underwhelming. I hated the tails stages. Liked the eggman stages. Knuckles and Rouge stages were ok. But the Sonic and Shadow stages TAKE THE SPOTLIGHT! This is where the franchise died for me :(

Sonic generations and Colors were great tho.
  24. Aug 23, 2014
    I will be 100% honest now. SA2 was all SEGA needed. The pieces that make the game? Shadow, ARK and the story. This is my favourite game of all series, and I could say the "found you, faker!" dialogue from my mind. This is the game you want to go for if you're sick of werehog and 06.
  25. Dec 5, 2014
    A really good game, especially his new versions. The fact that the history is good, and there is 2P battle, already does the game. I ve played the Story mode with my brother, obviously the history is Single-Player, but we did it in our way. If someone not like this game, and won't will buy it, he is wasting his time with i-dunno-what.
  26. Jan 24, 2015
    Easily one of the most memorable and most refined Sonci games of all time. A captivating story, drop dead gorgeous presentation, amazing music, and gameplay that makes the best of the template Sonic formula. Together, we have undoubtedly, one hell of a Sonic game.
  27. Feb 8, 2015
    Easily one of the best Sonic games to date.Every stage is fun and enjoyable.Although that some Mecha and Treasure stages can take quite some time but i still think it's a great game.
  28. Apr 3, 2015
    One of the best sonic games ever created mememememememmememememmememememmemememememmemememememememmemememememmememememememmemememememememememmemememem
  29. Apr 3, 2015
    This game is an excellent follow up to the first game, improving on the camera and story, fun gameplay, and even the chao garden is better! BEST 3D SOIC GAME EVER!!!
  30. Jul 3, 2016
    My favorite and favorite sonic game is this one. The graphics are better than the other sonic adventure the controls are good but didn't really aged well again. The levels are amazing. These levels & music are 100% nostalgic. City Escape I will never forget cause that level is fast paced. The variety is huge and this is the best Dreamcast game of all time. The 2 new characters I think areMy favorite and favorite sonic game is this one. The graphics are better than the other sonic adventure the controls are good but didn't really aged well again. The levels are amazing. These levels & music are 100% nostalgic. City Escape I will never forget cause that level is fast paced. The variety is huge and this is the best Dreamcast game of all time. The 2 new characters I think are thought out well. We get to play as EGGMAN? This game is full of awesome surprises. The setting is great and the story is amazing as well. This game I can go on all day but the more I say this the more I think YOU should play. Get the dreamcast and play the amazing masterpiece and I'm sure you'll love it. Great job Sega! Expand

#1 Most Discussed Dreamcast Game of 2001
#1 Most Shared Dreamcast Game of 2001

1. It's chocked full of speed and action throughout that should satisfy almost any Sonic fan.
    If this is the last Sonic game in these declining Dreamcast years, it's satisfying to know that the DC didn't go out with a bang, but with a sonic boom.
  3. AllDreamcast
    The graphics in SA2 are truly next generation material, and Sonic's stages have never been faster or more intense.