SoulCalibur Dreamcast

• Release Date: Sep 8, 1999
8.9

1. NikkiH.
    Jul 8, 2003
    The best fighting game I've ever played by far! It's got everything; eye-candy graphics, great characters & some of the most amazing moves I've seen in a long time. It even seems to have a plot (of sorts) which I really like; the characters have real depth & even a personal history. The thing I like about it most of all are all the hidden extras you uncover when you The best fighting game I've ever played by far! It's got everything; eye-candy graphics, great characters & some of the most amazing moves I've seen in a long time. It even seems to have a plot (of sorts) which I really like; the characters have real depth & even a personal history. The thing I like about it most of all are all the hidden extras you uncover when you complete the game. It gives you a real added incentive to carry on playing. I would personally recommend this game to anyone. Expand
  2. CarlS.
    Mar 7, 2002
    This is a great game with different rewards every time you beat it even on easy level such as bonus characters, and new stages. It has awesome graphics, and although it at least has a story and a mission stage it's actual fighting falls just a bit short of Dead or Alive 2. The fighting stages are better on DOA2 and the characters move a little more realistic... too bad they ruined it This is a great game with different rewards every time you beat it even on easy level such as bonus characters, and new stages. It has awesome graphics, and although it at least has a story and a mission stage it's actual fighting falls just a bit short of Dead or Alive 2. The fighting stages are better on DOA2 and the characters move a little more realistic... too bad they ruined it in the swap over from japan. The story is all hacked up and makes no sense whatsoever, for your money you'll get alot more playtime out of soul calibur. Expand
  3. Dec 23, 2011
    It is one of my favorite fighting games of all time. Who doesn't love this game? It had incredible graphics back in 1999. you gotta love the fluidity moves and attacks of each character. the mission is battle is awesome that you can play various minigames like tournaments, fighting lizard men, training with edgemaster, poison modes, etc. the soundtrack makes this game more epic and hasIt is one of my favorite fighting games of all time. Who doesn't love this game? It had incredible graphics back in 1999. you gotta love the fluidity moves and attacks of each character. the mission is battle is awesome that you can play various minigames like tournaments, fighting lizard men, training with edgemaster, poison modes, etc. the soundtrack makes this game more epic and has great atmosphere. this game is never wounded and its soul never burns in my book. Expand
  4. Apr 23, 2011
    The first real 3-D fighting game -- Soulcalibur is one of the most valuable titles on the DC. Pros: Beautiful graphics; great audio; variety of characters, weapons, and level designs; near-perfect controls. Cons: It's on the Dreamcast, one of the most forgotten video game consoles.
  5. C.K.
    Feb 26, 2003
    Almost pure perfection my only complaint is not the clearest options ever (unbreakable attacks) but then again that is usually not expected in fighting games.
  6. RobertT.
    Mar 16, 2003
    This game is so good i would give it an 11 because this game totally reeks of awsomeness.
  7. ChristianDeM.
    Sep 10, 2002
    Best game on dreamcast. hands down.
  8. ThomasO.
    Sep 9, 2002
    It's the best fighting game ever!!!!!!!!!!
  9. ChrisC.
    Jan 11, 2002
    This is a real work of genious, absolute perfection in a console game. The adrenaline is non-stop and your fingers will ache by the time you've finished.
  10. ErikK.
    Dec 30, 2001
    This game is the best Dreamcast game I ever saw. I think it's the only reason that Dreamcast is still popular. And let's jsut say that Sophita will change your mind.
  11. AustinF.
    Jul 1, 2001
    Soul Calibur is the best game released on any game console ever created!
  12. JonotheGreat
    Mar 12, 2003
    Wow!!!!!!! this is one of the best by far 3D beat-em-ups i have ever seen and a great sequel to Soulblade on the Ps1. The only bad thing about it is that you can't choose your weapons like on soulblade, but still GREAT.
  13. KeithH.
    Mar 30, 2002
    The best fighting game ever, and it isn't boring like most others.
  14. Braddykidgamekid
    May 30, 2002
    This game is the best fighting game for dreamcast the sound is a great detail. I see this game as the best dreamcast game ever. The diffrent swords are cool plot line is the best there is NO WAY there will be a better fighting game for dreamcast.
  15. Lowman
    Jan 10, 2002
    Never better console fighting game...till SC2 comes out.
  16. BrandenP.
    Feb 12, 2002
    Great game, sure wish the A.I could be even a percent as good as me. That's why Tekken holds the cake as the best fighting game.
  17. LillianL.
    Dec 12, 2001
    I love this game! This is the only game which makes me feel better whenever i'm bored.
  18. ChesterM.
    Jan 1, 2002
    I got this game for Christmas and completed straight away it was so good. I had played Soul Edge, which wasn't bad, but this was the creme de la crema! :)
  19. JenniferB.
    Dec 20, 2002
    It's the only reason I play my dreamcast.
    Aug 27, 2001
    1 word: WOW!
  21. JoelL.
    Feb 10, 2003
    Incredible graphics and gameplay. You'll never tire of this one. The best fighter ever.
  22. MarkF.
    Dec 15, 2001
    I beat the game years ago and I'm still hooked!
  23. MartijnP.
    Jan 12, 2002
    This game rulezzzzzzzzzzzz.
  24. IsmaldoS.
    May 31, 2003
    The best game fighting game I ever play.
  25. I
    Apr 23, 2003
    GOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!! THE BEST FIGHTING GAMES OF THE WORLD!!!
  26. Bob
    Apr 23, 2003
    That the best Fighting action games I never saw!!
  27. MeztenVonC.
    Aug 26, 2001
    This is probably the best game realesed for DC... until another fast paced action game comes out.
  28. MarkB.
    Mar 11, 2003
    This is the best fighting game I have ever had the pleasure of playing. It is simply awesome.
  29. JamesS.
    Dec 11, 2001
    I used to hate all fighting games, then I tried Soul Caliber. Now I'm hooked. This game kicks some serious rear.
  30. AdamL.
    May 7, 2002
    It's Soul Caliber. Tekken is poor compared, Asteroth is class, Nightmare is the beast, if i continue, i'll be here till christmass. needless to say, if you don't have a copy, may god have mercy upon your soul...

I guarantee you'll be amazed at how phenomenal this game looks, and you won't be able to put it down.
  2. It blows away every 3D fighting game I've ever played (even "Virtua Fighter 3," and by a much bigger margin than I expected!), so go buy it when you get your Dreamcast, or feel like a total fool when it's sold out the next day.
    This is - or was - bleeding edge technology; the 'Sole Calibre' of Dreamcast's Distinction, and it shall remain so... until Namco's elite inevitably trump themselves.