Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the Rescue! Dreamcast

7.3

1. Dec 18, 2015
    I must say this review it more towards the PC version (which is impossible to review!), but I did play both PC and DC versions and the two are mostly identical.

This is another one of those games which probably no one cares about or will ever care unless they're a dye-hard fans of DisneyPixarToy Story franchise (The latter is true for me). And I guess there's not much reason to care

And I guess there's not much reason to care about this one, it's definitely not a masterpiece and the movie which it's based on is far more popular, plus it's aimed mainly at children.

And that's simply what it is.
    If there are still some children out there which get to watch Toy Story this game could be nice for them.

It's not 100% polished, but it's a light action-platformer, it's a lot easier and forgiving (Thank god!) than the previous installment, it has nice lively soundtrack which fit the game, nice levels... It's simply alright. And old.
  2. JusticeC.
    Apr 10, 2004
    "This game is just way to cool,you can destroy tin robots, kites, airplanes, and even garbage zombies."

#43 Most Discussed Dreamcast Game of 2000

1. CNET Gamecenter
    Marred by a dodgy interface, "Toy Story 2" nonetheless knows how to flex its might like a championship weightlifter.
  2. Dreamcast HQ
    It's fine if you're buying it for your kids to play (which really is the purpose of "Toy Story 2"), but Activision could have done a lot to make this better for us older folk.
  3. Sega X
    I hate to be brutal about it, and many younger gamers may even like this game, but I had expected a more polished product, and what I got seemed raw or half-baked.