Vanishing Point Dreamcast

• Release Date: Dec 21, 2000
7.9

1. CodyE.
    Nov 5, 2001
    This game is awesome, it's hard at first but when you get going, unlock some cars and secrets its addictive. This is one of the best games I have.
  2. VanishingBoy
    Dec 8, 2003
    Dude, this game actually changed the very fabric of my soul...at least, the part of it that despised the entire genre of racing games for their repetiveness and sameness and just over-all boringness. It's ridiculously hard -- I mean, really, really really hard...but once you've gotten the hang of the physics, it's among the most exhilirating racing games -- or games period Dude, this game actually changed the very fabric of my soul...at least, the part of it that despised the entire genre of racing games for their repetiveness and sameness and just over-all boringness. It's ridiculously hard -- I mean, really, really really hard...but once you've gotten the hang of the physics, it's among the most exhilirating racing games -- or games period -- out there. You feel like an artist when you nail a turn at "uber-fast" speed. Every miniscule tap on the brake counts in your final time, and the AI is -- ahem -- occassionally cheap. So it can be very frustrating when you're rounding that last corner, having finally nailed three near-perfect laps and some SOB dinks your door, forcing you to brake slightly and lose a nine-second lead. In fact, I wouldn't suggest playing this game unless you're unemployed and pissed off (as was I when I discovered this little pearl) . Take the time to really tell those drivers how you feel...it's the epitome of video games as therapy. Each car is appropriately unique in feel and handling, and though it'll take you a good three years to unlock everything, the customization options are incredibly deep. Some of the best graphics on the Dreamcast, which still look good (at least to me, but I LOVE this game....) and at a slick 60 fps the sensation of speed is as exciting as anything out there. Straight up -- one of my top three games of all time...a must-have if you still have a Dreamcast and hate the world but are too shy to beat someone else up. Collapse
  3. Keith
    Jun 29, 2003
    This is a great arcade style racer, which actually has much more depth and gameplay than many other games in it's class. Very nice graphics, though many of the car models are bit to glossy. The game itself is rather hard but rewarding.

#18 Most Discussed Dreamcast Game of 2000

1. Dreamcast HQ
    The biggest difference in this and other racers is the adaptive AI. The other cars do not run the same line all the time. They will cut corners, and will try to run you off the road if need be.
  2. CNET Gamecenter
    Boasting some of the most impressive physics and visuals ever to find their way into a current-generation console racer, VP is another of those damnable "must-have" titles for anyone who appreciates a finely tuned driving experience mated to state-of-the-art graphics.
  3. AllDreamcast
    Resist the urge to give up. You'll be glad you did.