Aliens: Infestation DS

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Oct 11, 2011
8.1

1. May 8, 2012
    Here we have a competant game full of lots of clever touches. Nice atmosphere, great pacing, quality dialoge and characterazation. All the attention to detail that makes for a great game. Shame about the forgettable story and the dull, unengaging, occasionally arbitrary feeling combat. Its a nice collection of things to do right, but I'm afraid that its all applied to something ratherHere we have a competant game full of lots of clever touches. Nice atmosphere, great pacing, quality dialoge and characterazation. All the attention to detail that makes for a great game. Shame about the forgettable story and the dull, unengaging, occasionally arbitrary feeling combat. Its a nice collection of things to do right, but I'm afraid that its all applied to something rather bland. I laud the effort, but can't reccomend it to anyone besides hardcore Aliens fans or those desperate for a Metroid fix. Expand
  2. Oct 1, 2012
    Aliens: Infestation does a great job at evoking and paying homage to it's source material. If you are a fan of the movies, then you'll definitely get a kick out of Infestation's design. The life system deserves special mention for being awesome. You have a finite amount of lives, represented by your squad of marines. If a marine falls, you can recruit another to take their place... If youAliens: Infestation does a great job at evoking and paying homage to it's source material. If you are a fan of the movies, then you'll definitely get a kick out of Infestation's design. The life system deserves special mention for being awesome. You have a finite amount of lives, represented by your squad of marines. If a marine falls, you can recruit another to take their place... If you can find them, that is. Each marine is distinctive and has their own tree of situational dialogue. This makes it easy to get attached to them. It's not just lives you're losing but members of your team! That said, Aliens: Infestation is cripplingly difficult. I grew up playing NES and SNES, so I'm no stranger to tough 2D games, but this one really tries my patience. That said, if you have the patience and stomach for a rough ride, Aliens: Infestation might rock your world. Expand
  3. Nov 13, 2011
    If you're looking for a Metroid fix, you'll find it. However, only the desperate will fool themselves into thinking the game has any real value of its own.

#11 Most Discussed DS Game of 2011
#12 Most Shared DS Game of 2011

1. Mar 2, 2012
    Fans of the genre would be smart to pick it up, and fans of Alien can consider it both a mega-dose of fanservice, and a must-play to be tracked down.
  2. Nov 30, 2011
    Aliens: Infestation is another nice effort from WayForward, a team we hope will get major support from the greatest software houses and publishers. It's a genuinely funny game, with a great atmosphere, perfectly suited for those who love Aliens but also for the ones which have never seen a movie of the series.
  3. Nov 18, 2011
    For a DS game, Infestation looks great. The 2D animations are sharp, and there is a nice level of detail to each area.