Anno 1701: Dawn of Discovery DS

• Release Date: Mar 4, 2008
7.5

1. MichaelD.
    Jul 8, 2007
    For me this is the best game on the DS yet - I was waiing for Siedler DS actually and bought Anno to shorten the waiting time and it's simply worth every cent. Perfect handling - nice story - My game on the DS!
  2. Dr.Cruel
    Mar 6, 2008
    A very high quality RTS simulation. Literally the state-of-the-art for Nintendo DS gaming in its genre. Very worthy of its international reputation.
  3. JonathanS.
    Oct 27, 2007
    Worked very well for a while, and then I realized that there's really very little room for doing things in different ways in this game. You've always got to do the same things in the same way and the same order: start by putting fishing ports and lumberjacks in, build houses and so on. Good the first few times but lost my interest much more quickly than even Age of Empires, Worked very well for a while, and then I realized that there's really very little room for doing things in different ways in this game. You've always got to do the same things in the same way and the same order: start by putting fishing ports and lumberjacks in, build houses and so on. Good the first few times but lost my interest much more quickly than even Age of Empires, which isn't trying to be a "god" game. Oh, and although the story mode works quite well, it starts as a tutorial regardless of whether you've played it before! Very very annoying. Expand
  4. RandomOne
    Sep 25, 2007
    Awesome tactics.
  5. shadowmuse
    Sep 28, 2007
    Excellent economic sim for a handheld device. The ability to save anywhere is perfect when on the go. Easy to handle though training troops and shipping them places can get alittle time consuming, and could have been more automated. Altogether however a very solid effort.

#36 Most Discussed DS Game of 2008

An ideal choice for fans of the genre, and possibly a more surprising title for gamers who are curious.
  2. Nintendo Gamer
    Quite charming and colourful RTS, with a simple and accessible stylus-only control scheme and a fun multiplayer. Not really that much depth for hardened RTSites though. [Sept 2007, p.65]
  3. Games Master UK
    An intuitive civilisation management game that works just as well on the DS as the PC. [Sept 2007, p.84]