Arkanoid DS DS

7.5

1. MrPerson
    Sep 17, 2008
    To all reviewers and users: If you gave this game anything less than a green score, let me give you some advice. Head over to www.ebay.com (make sure it's the American one) and buy a Paddle Controller. I too thought this game sucked when I played it with the D-Pad, but if you have a Paddle Controller it's the best ball-breaking game ever, not to mention the best old-school arcadeTo all reviewers and users: If you gave this game anything less than a green score, let me give you some advice. Head over to www.ebay.com (make sure it's the American one) and buy a Paddle Controller. I too thought this game sucked when I played it with the D-Pad, but if you have a Paddle Controller it's the best ball-breaking game ever, not to mention the best old-school arcade game on any current-gen console. Expand

#74 Most Discussed DS Game of 2008

1. Nintendo Power
    Though not as glossy as "Space Invaders Extreme"(another Taito update from Square Enix), brick-breaker Arkanoid DS takes advantage of the DS hardware more than its classic-reborn cousin by offering a vertical playing field and a touch-control option. [July 2008, p.89]
  2. Electronic Gaming Monthly
    Business as usual. [July 2008, p.84]
    The Paddle Controller was the only thing this title had going for it in its Japanese release, and with it taken away in the US version you can see that Arkanoid DS just doesn't have what it takes to be the true Breakout clone.