6.5

1. Languard
    Jan 13, 2010
    Overall a good game. Not hard by any stretch of the imagination, and sometimes figuring out where to get ingregiants can be frustrating, but I have been having a lot of fun with it. I would say that you have to like quirky humor, otherwise most of the conversations are going to annoy you.
  2. SillyH
    Nov 24, 2009
    A real suprise! The dialoge is fun and quirky and the gameplay itself is easy to pickup and set in a way that you can play for 10 minutes or for hours on end!
  3. AdinanA
    Nov 24, 2009
    This is a very interesting game. Instead of the typical jRPG, Atelier Annie will have you playing as a lazy girl who must become the best alchemist. As Annie, you`ll have to make friends, enter in adventures, studying alchemy, creating resorts and promoting your own atelier. There are so many things to do and you have to use your time wisely. With 7 endings, awesome characters and a This is a very interesting game. Instead of the typical jRPG, Atelier Annie will have you playing as a lazy girl who must become the best alchemist. As Annie, you`ll have to make friends, enter in adventures, studying alchemy, creating resorts and promoting your own atelier. There are so many things to do and you have to use your time wisely. With 7 endings, awesome characters and a simple but challenging gameplay, Atelier Annie is a great RPG with lots of fun for those that are looking for a new experience in jRPGs. Expand
  4. Feb 12, 2013
    I hate this game a lot...and I'm a big fan of the Atelier Series and Gust games in general. But this game is so wrong in many ways, and one of it it's the main character: Annie is basically a girl who, right at the start, says that she wishes to marry a man and always be lazy....and this is our heroine people! However, what's worse is that she barely changes and ALWAYS complains that sheI hate this game a lot...and I'm a big fan of the Atelier Series and Gust games in general. But this game is so wrong in many ways, and one of it it's the main character: Annie is basically a girl who, right at the start, says that she wishes to marry a man and always be lazy....and this is our heroine people! However, what's worse is that she barely changes and ALWAYS complains that she has to work (honestly, in almost all her dialogue lines, she complains she has to work or something that implies moving). The reason why I'm still torturing the main character is because she literally destroys any sort of enjoyment from the game (seriously, I'm much more lazy than she is, but I don't complain as much as she does...), and during dialogues with other characters...which are great! I loved all of the seconday charactters because they were fun, they had particular behaviours, flaws, dislikes and even (mediocre) voice acting to give them more personality! They were enjoyable and likeable but whenever our main character came in, she would literally ruin the dialogue with her rambling and her lazyness of the work to no end! And again, it's sad considering that the Atelier Series usually has strong heroines and even if simple and sometimes weak, they were at least likeable, but Annie is probably the worst of all. Second, the game has still the alchemy features that is always present in every Gust games, including also a sort of managing game since you're also supposed to build parts in the island by winning the challenges at the best rank: it's not a bad feature but the alchemy feature could have used some more tweaks, since it can be tricky to understand how to work at times. But it's a good feature and the managing part works ok, nothing really big to complain, while the combat is...too simple and unless you're going for the best endings, you'll won't even need to fight that much either. The story on the other hand is really mediocre: it's a very short game and while I haven't finished it yet, my sister finished in one day...without much rushing or much work: just a normal session of gaming and she was done with it, while I basically played 90% of the game before quitting; it has at least multiple endings and there are many ways to play it and such, which will help you replaying the game (and hey, in some of them, Annie starts to become much less annoying too!). I'm truely sorry to give this game a zero, as being a very big fan of the Atelier Series and a big fan of their RPGs in general, but this game lacks too much: even if you could avoid the nuisance of the main character, there isn't just enough content to make it worth, with basically non-existant combat (unless you're going for some specific endings), an alchemy system which could have used some more tweaks, a manager system that's not very deep, and basically an extremely short story that can be completed in a day (or two). If you can pass over the flaws maybe you might find a game to enjoy for a day. But personally, I'd say to skip it. Expand

1. Given that it's certainly no epic, globe-spanning adventure, you'd be surprised how absorbing Atelier can be. [Dec 2009, p.85]
  2. Atelier Annie is a charming and enjoyable little sim RPG that I wish had been more sim and less RPG.
    Atelier Annie is a game that shouldn't be missed, especially if players are looking for a good laugh and some challenging tasks. Just be prepared to work hard, or else you might receive a beating from Pepe for slacking off!