Big Brain Academy DS

7.4

1. RickyB.
    Aug 10, 2006
    I do not like this game. It is so boring and has no point at all.
  2. BradA.
    Jul 24, 2006
    Actually a very fun game. It doesn't feel as "scientific" as "Brain Age" but it is much more colorful and free of the written/verbal input issues "Brain Age" was prone to have. Nintendo really has come up with a winning formula with these "Touch Generation" games.
  3. TashaL.
    Aug 23, 2007
    This game is really fun, and i randomly pick it up every now and then when my other DS games get boring! it's probly meant for small kids, but i still love to play it.
  4. BubbleM.
    Jul 3, 2006
    It's an addicting game for a while. Don't get me wrong it's a great game but sometimes you just wanna play a different game. But a really fun thing in the game is trying to beat your sibling or friend's score.
  5. TonyG.
    Aug 1, 2006
    great tilte for all ages. i liked more than brainage. that program made me feel stupid one day and somewhat smart the next. made me feel like a stupid lazy american! but big brain had a fun element to it. very cool presentation, and stylus control. colorful and sugery makes it eye candy. if you like this see if you can track down "bit generations series" for the gba/ds. all 7 games are great tilte for all ages. i liked more than brainage. that program made me feel stupid one day and somewhat smart the next. made me feel like a stupid lazy american! but big brain had a fun element to it. very cool presentation, and stylus control. colorful and sugery makes it eye candy. if you like this see if you can track down "bit generations series" for the gba/ds. all 7 games are incredibly addicting for such simple looking games. all are import only as of now. i doubt the states will get them. it is somewhat experimental over seas as of now. orbital being my favorite, and all are super video game crack. if you have any passion for true videogaming, than track down all 7 titles of bit generations series. best thing i did for my ds lite! Expand
  6. CodyK.
    Sep 25, 2006
    This game is well done and very polished, but it lacks any incentive to keep coming back to it. In this respect, Brain Age is superior. However, I love the variety of puzzles over what Brain Age offers. Great game, if you
  7. DJT
    Dec 15, 2007
    More casual and less demanding to your life schedule than Brain Age. This game will wake your brain up and maybe even push some of the cobwebs away. Will you think better and perform better as a result? Who knows... but it's a nice diversion and the multiplayer games aren't bad.
  8. djim
    Aug 15, 2007
    The point of games like this is COMPETITION in academic areas. This is great for that, especially because you need only one cartridge to play VS mode head to head. It's really fun to pit your nephews and nieces against each other like pitbulls in this game of "who's smarter?". Plus in single player, it's nice to try to see how high you can push your score. If you The point of games like this is COMPETITION in academic areas. This is great for that, especially because you need only one cartridge to play VS mode head to head. It's really fun to pit your nephews and nieces against each other like pitbulls in this game of "who's smarter?". Plus in single player, it's nice to try to see how high you can push your score. If you haven't achieved at least an "Ace" level (2000 or more), then you shouldn't be complaining about it not being challenging enough. Expand
  9. AlanL.
    Jul 18, 2006
    Shallow but fun .......comparison of the players scores would of been a good option to feature. Not overly difficult - on day 2 of the game and have got most Gold Award.... need to turn them to Platinum now!
  10. BMG
    Jan 11, 2009
    Big Brain Academy has definately given me a bigger brain! There is so much to do before you can finish the game!
  11. Jul 3, 2011
    The question is: does it REALLY help your brain? Because all I see are numbers and quotes. Enjoyable game, regardless. It's just...puzzling how it would actually benefit an average person's life....
  12. Jul 29, 2011
    I love this game. It's hard not to enjoy it because there's so many things you can do on here. The availability of reaching a certain grade or medal (I love creating records on here!) makes it really feel as if you have achieved something.

#20 Most Discussed DS Game of 2006
#30 Most Shared DS Game of 2006

1. Competitive people will be glued to this game for hours; some of the more advanced stages are very challenging, with the added bonus of keeping your brain in tip-top shape. [JPN Import]
    Overwhelmingly colorful and peppy environment aside, I think Big Brain Academy is a bit more fun and fulfilling than Brain Age with its quicker pace game style and fantastic multiplayer focus, and it's a great continuation of the newly-formed Touch Generations line for DS gamers.
  3. The games are very entertaining and the wireless multiplayer has provided hours of enjoyment, especially since up to eight people can play using a single copy.