Brain Age 2: More Training in Minutes a Day DS

7.1

1. Nov 23, 2013
    I never played the original Brain Age, but from I got from the this game, I like. The concept is original, and your brain actually feels like your excercising. There are some puzzles that pretty boring, but this is a great game to pick up and play.
  2. Apr 2, 2013
    There are many good memories to be had with this game, everything from Dr. Ryuta Kawashima telling me how stupid my brain is to stressful calculations and word games. The game includes fun exercises like speedy calculations, change-making, and piano playing, but at some point, all of those little practices will get repetitive and you will likely drop your whole brain routine in maybe aThere are many good memories to be had with this game, everything from Dr. Ryuta Kawashima telling me how stupid my brain is to stressful calculations and word games. The game includes fun exercises like speedy calculations, change-making, and piano playing, but at some point, all of those little practices will get repetitive and you will likely drop your whole brain routine in maybe a month. It's a shame, too, because the game does execute quite nicely. I remember starting off with the brain of a 34-year-old to the brain of a 25-year-old, and I was 15 at that time. The game persistently tracks your progress, and even the good doctor is quite encouraging (and very quirky). Oh, and did I mention it has tons of sudoku puzzles to complete? But here are the problems with the game: exercises involving text will eventually repeat itself at some point in time, making the minigame a chore, instead. By the way, don't believe the kid that has the syllable minigame world record. He already knew what the answers were because he played it beforehand. And that's another problem: usually, exercises not involving math will not only not be recorded after doing them a second time in a day, but they will also repeat itself, limiting the play time of the game. Also, after playing all of those games for days and keeping a solid brain workout routine, Brain Age 2 will eventually get repetitive, and you will drop routine after maybe a month. But that does not mean in any way that you shouldn't get the game. Expand
  3. ChrisJ.
    Aug 26, 2007
    Not as good as v.1. One HUGE problem: when doing the 'quick brain age check' repeatedly, you must go through the explanation every time, as in the 1st. Doesn't the Professor THINK about fixing his game? There's a paradox too: what if you got very good scores on parts of v.1 but now find yourself rated 80 on v.2? The Stroop color test was more interesting to me than the Not as good as v.1. One HUGE problem: when doing the 'quick brain age check' repeatedly, you must go through the explanation every time, as in the 1st. Doesn't the Professor THINK about fixing his game? There's a paradox too: what if you got very good scores on parts of v.1 but now find yourself rated 80 on v.2? The Stroop color test was more interesting to me than the rock/paper test. It must be fun or catchy so you'll return over and over. Why not stick with v.1 and higher scores? Expand
  4. WilliamT.
    Feb 17, 2008
    Slightly tougher puzzles and activities and a nice new brain relaxation mini-game keep this from becoming a dead sequel.
    Aug 26, 2007
    It appears to be homework, I'm sure if one would like homework, this would be an enjoyable game, however, for the greater portion of people, this is not enjoyable.
  6. LarryL.
    Aug 26, 2007
    Actually works! i sometimes have trouble in school, but when i bought this and the original game, my grades increased a full letter grade!
  7. AdamV.
    Aug 26, 2007
    Great game, great puzzles, great replay value.
  8. D.P.
    Sep 9, 2007
    Haven't played the first game. Thought this version was a unique game experience. Did not experience serious problems with the voice or handwriting recognition. The fellow who complained about the intro repeating for a brain test as a huge problem must not be able to tolerate clicking a button three times as I found it not to be a problem at all. A great experience, that for me at Haven't played the first game. Thought this version was a unique game experience. Did not experience serious problems with the voice or handwriting recognition. The fellow who complained about the intro repeating for a brain test as a huge problem must not be able to tolerate clicking a button three times as I found it not to be a problem at all. A great experience, that for me at least, showed me areas of thought that needed improvement. For the budget price you'd be a fool to pass it up. Expand
  9. ChristofferL
    Jul 28, 2009
    This game is very much worth the money and time, I just unlocked all training programs and still having my daily training because I find it funny to try to beat my highscore in Sign Finder, Change Maker and Virus Buster. I also love when you say "Pickled Plums" twice causing him to make a nasty face. Random events like connecting dots or drawing pictures of what the doctor tells you to This game is very much worth the money and time, I just unlocked all training programs and still having my daily training because I find it funny to try to beat my highscore in Sign Finder, Change Maker and Virus Buster. I also love when you say "Pickled Plums" twice causing him to make a nasty face. Random events like connecting dots or drawing pictures of what the doctor tells you to draw is quite entertaining when the whole family is up for the picture drawing/connecting dots. Expand
  10. Sheilac
    Nov 24, 2007
    Thought I'd really hate it but actually enjoyed it quite a bit.
  11. Travis
    Sep 19, 2007
    I own both Brain age one and two and I find the newest version to be more challenging than the first. But I would recommend this game to anybody who enjoyed the first game and also wants to stimulate their brain.
  12. Mar 16, 2017
    I might be ten years late to the party but figured I'd give a quick review for this. I haven't played the first but this title was one of the few interesting Nintendo DS titles that I quite enjoyed. i was decently entertained by Dr Kawashima's humour. Most of the tests make good use of the touchscreen and other hardware and I found them decently challenging.

#21 Most Discussed DS Game of 2007

1. Nintendo Gamer
    The new challenges are fun, but there's not really enough different stuff here to make it a must-have purchase if you've already got the first one. [Aug 2007, p.60]
  2. The challenges included are great, the more full-featured games are excellent and the multiplayer games are a must play if you have friends with handhelds.
  3. Official Nintendo Magazine UK
    It's a tired cliche, but it's never been more true - if you liked the first game, you should like this too. If you never played the first one, though, this is the better option. [Aug 2007, p.82]