7.9

1. StevenL.
    Jul 3, 2007
    Excellent game... well worth the time and money.
  2. adil
    Apr 20, 2006
    Your first reaction after taking the Brain Age test or playing Training test would likely be : that's it?? So few questions? But aha, this is where the main distinction of TYB shines : it's not meant to be traditional game where you expect to play at 1 hr spans traversing huge levels : it's a non-game instead but a very downright addicting one at that. Only the 1st score Your first reaction after taking the Brain Age test or playing Training test would likely be : that's it?? So few questions? But aha, this is where the main distinction of TYB shines : it's not meant to be traditional game where you expect to play at 1 hr spans traversing huge levels : it's a non-game instead but a very downright addicting one at that. Only the 1st score recorded for the day is stored - preventing you from scoring higher (in Memory Game for sure!) through familiarity of repeated playing. But it works and as it should be : instant scoring at first try - no honing your memory skills by playing warm-up rounds - what you score is a true representative of the state of alertness and mind when you sit for the test on each day. But as the previous reviewer said : the game really comes alive when shared with a few people. After a few days it will get darn competitive and you feel the pressure and heat constantly ON to outdo the competition. And I am a Sudoku freak. This beats the LCD Sudoku currently on the market hands-down with the ability to write small notes. Just the way Sudoku should be played. Another showpiece title for DS without a doubt. Collapse
  3. CobyH.
    Jul 6, 2006
    Playing this game is not a complete waste of time.
  4. BelénM.
    Jan 6, 2007
    This game is cool. It's worth the time spent playing it.
  5. RussellC.
    Apr 7, 2006
    I am really surprised at the reviews by the major press organizations...or maybe not. My experience with this game has been stellar. I had NO intention of buying it when it was announced. However, I was one of the lucky ones who got a free copy at the GDC from Nintendo. Since getting it my wife and I have played every day. Though I've loved my DS, this is the most usage it has I am really surprised at the reviews by the major press organizations...or maybe not. My experience with this game has been stellar. I had NO intention of buying it when it was announced. However, I was one of the lucky ones who got a free copy at the GDC from Nintendo. Since getting it my wife and I have played every day. Though I've loved my DS, this is the most usage it has received by far. I never thought math would be fun, but competing for the lowest brain age with family and friends at the office (I work at a video game developer) has been an unexpected surprise. I think if you play the game in isolation you are missing out on the joy of the game...it would be akin to playing Halo alone. It's alright, but you don't really get any sense of the game. The way the big N has set up the cartridges to make the multiple save slots work together to make it feel like everyone is competing even though there is no simultaneous play is quite smart! Knowing what I know now I would have RUSHED out to get the $20 game. It's honestly worth a lot more, and may take the place of Mario Kart DS as my favorite DS game! Expand
  6. CodyK.
    Sep 25, 2006
    The thing I like most about this game is that it only tracks your first scores for the tests each day. It encourages you to put it down, but keep playing everyday. I
  7. LukeR.
    Sep 20, 2006
    If your buying this game for a brain teaser, then your getting exactly what you payed for. An easy 10 in the Brain teaser department!
  8. EvanB.
    Jul 22, 2007
    This game is worth getting just for the Sudoku puzzles alone! The training is unlike any other DS game out there...I still go back to this one after months of having it unlike an adventure game that I have conquered! Great family game!
  9. JV
    Apr 17, 2006
    Just like movie critics, many of these "professional" reviewers anticipate a big thing, and feel the need to give it a poor score without a fair shake. G4TV, in particular, is notorious for this. It helps them to stand out and can actually do positive things for their reputations. The downside, obviously, is that they were unfair. 50s and 60s? Please. 70s, maybe, but these same reviewers Just like movie critics, many of these "professional" reviewers anticipate a big thing, and feel the need to give it a poor score without a fair shake. G4TV, in particular, is notorious for this. It helps them to stand out and can actually do positive things for their reputations. The downside, obviously, is that they were unfair. 50s and 60s? Please. 70s, maybe, but these same reviewers who gave this game low scores also spent hours in hiding getting plenty of enjoyment out of this game. A book is a better investment? Books typically do the same thing games do: waste time. And the majority of new books at your local Borders are the same price as this game: $19.99. Expand
  10. JoshuaBrown
    Apr 21, 2006
    The game we see here has alot of the public buzzing.Not only does the game train your brain it might also help the brain get over unhealthy problems.It also can help you think better.Think about this,the faster the brain goes,the more it can hold,thus giving a uncheating way to score a hundred on a test.I don't know if thinking faster can help you hold more in your brain,but I knowThe game we see here has alot of the public buzzing.Not only does the game train your brain it might also help the brain get over unhealthy problems.It also can help you think better.Think about this,the faster the brain goes,the more it can hold,thus giving a uncheating way to score a hundred on a test.I don't know if thinking faster can help you hold more in your brain,but I know this for sure,It is cheap.It is only $20.00.To tell you you the truth JV,I hate G4TV when they call this game "crap"
    ,because it isn't.I love this game and as Discovery would always say "entertain the brain".
  11. DJ
    May 17, 2006
    seriously... critics are d-bags. This game is fantastic simply because it isn't the next final fantasy 342134 or GT9 with explicit violence and hyper realistic graphics. For what it is, it's a fantastic way to stretch out your brain cells you just burned trying to understand why you care about a "hot coffee" mod. Buy it and give your brain a treat.
  12. ManicMiner
    Jul 26, 2006
    I bet the press reviewers who gave this game a low score, had a go and got their ego's bashed with a poor score :) This games interface is genius and makes the puzzles fun and the game hard to put down.
  13. CaitlinN.
    Aug 15, 2006
    i love this game though the 20 minute penalty for a wrong answer on the sudoku games is rediculous.
  14. Keltik
    Aug 23, 2006
    This game is fun, it makes you smarter (I was once able to do Calculations x20 in almost 10 seconds), Sudoku is addictive, and it's fun for the whole family!
  15. CarlosM.
    Sep 12, 2006
    I used to be an avid gamer, but as a responsible adult I seldom find time, or enjoyment, in extensive video game adventures, but brain age is fun, fast, and so incredibly addictive, that my wife (yes you read that correctly) actually plays this game.

Although Brain Training asks you to figure out increasingly intricate problems in a short amount of time, there's something quite relaxing about the whole thing. Not worth full price, since there are only nine different games to play here, but definitely a fun time-waster. [JPN Import]
  2. I'm not sure whether my brain's actually benefiting from this special treatment, but I do know that Brain Age is fun to mess around with for several minutes a day.
    Brain Age is a decently amusing distraction, but without the fun and variation of the minigames found in "Big Brain Academy" and with many questions about the actual impact the training has on your brain, its tough to recommend the software too highly.