Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow DS

8.4

1. ChrisK.
    Oct 10, 2005
    Hattori, surely you can't be so ignorant to think they made this game for the DS groundup. One year for a Castlevania game? No, it began as a GBA game, and they just threw in some gimmicky touch screen soul things to make people think it's a DS game, it's worked on you I guess.
  2. N.
    Nov 9, 2005
    Cant belive that they are churning out this crap. games like these where all the rage 12 years ago and it seems like the DS is the only hand held that is capable of playing this drivil.
  3. AnonymousMC
    Oct 19, 2005
    Anonymous, I think he meant that it began as a DS game and you can't tell the difference, I think he's aware of the fact that it is on the DS. Best Castelvania game? SotN is MUCH better. Still good, just trying to lower all the DS fanboy votes.
  4. DavidS.
    Oct 4, 2005
    It's a GBA game. That's all.
  5. Jul 20, 2015
    I apologise for the username i just needed to type something quik, Castlevania DoS was so horrible, it made me scared to buy another game on the nintendo ds... the plot is stale and recycled, the gameplay, it just throws in monsters and enemies from sotn and remasterd versions of Aos... And this is comming from a HARDCORE CASTLEVANIA FAN !!! honest to god , i got bored of this game afterI apologise for the username i just needed to type something quik, Castlevania DoS was so horrible, it made me scared to buy another game on the nintendo ds... the plot is stale and recycled, the gameplay, it just throws in monsters and enemies from sotn and remasterd versions of Aos... And this is comming from a HARDCORE CASTLEVANIA FAN !!! honest to god , i got bored of this game after i was halfway through it
    i'm sorry to tell you... but DO NOT BUY THIS GAME unless you want to ruin the ENTIRE castelvania series for you i'm telling you... i talked up this game to my mom , and when i got it , i wanted to kill myself becasue it ruined castelvania for me....

#5 Most Discussed DS Game of 2005
#2 Most Shared DS Game of 2005

1. It is clear that Dawn of Sorrow originally started out as a GBA title. It plays more like an advanced GBA game instead of a full fledged DS title.
  2. Dawn of Sorrow matches and in some cases exceeds the quality of "Symphony of the Night" in almost every way. Yet the two games have their own styles and features, so the newest addition to the series is in no way redundant with its legendary forebear. [JPN Import]
  3. Nintendo Power
    If the graphics and sound aren't engrossing enough to draw you in, the intriguing story and exhilarating action should be. [Nov 2005, p.104]