5.9

1. Mar 18, 2016
    Dull dull dull.

Borrowing cues from fan favourite Secret of Mana, this game promises much but delivers nothing. A repetitive Diablo-a-like that just isn't fun. Each level feels like a trudge. The bosses look impressive, then die in a few hits without any challenge.

There's nothing to recommend here.
  2. Apr 17, 2016
    Even ten years later I can remember the disappointment that this game originally inspired in me. From the magic of Sword of Mana which admittedly had some flaws but was a stunning rendition of an RPG to this. A dungeon crawling beast of mediocrity with a cliche story, recycled dungeons, repetitive gameplay and button mashing fighting. This was poor at the time and it is still poor now.Even ten years later I can remember the disappointment that this game originally inspired in me. From the magic of Sword of Mana which admittedly had some flaws but was a stunning rendition of an RPG to this. A dungeon crawling beast of mediocrity with a cliche story, recycled dungeons, repetitive gameplay and button mashing fighting. This was poor at the time and it is still poor now. It's one of the few series where I can honestly say that the poor experience of one game put me off a series I had loved for life; I have never bought another Mana game since. Expand
  3. Jan
    Jun 26, 2007
    One of the worsed Games i ever bought full price. Even imported it to play it together with 2 other friends. Well we never finished it. This Game simply has no point. The Itemsystem is too boring to get the "Diablo effect", the Monsters and even the Bosses are far too easy so u wont get any challenge at all in this game. No funny unlockables or any other point to play this game long, One of the worsed Games i ever bought full price. Even imported it to play it together with 2 other friends. Well we never finished it. This Game simply has no point. The Itemsystem is too boring to get the "Diablo effect", the Monsters and even the Bosses are far too easy so u wont get any challenge at all in this game. No funny unlockables or any other point to play this game long, twice, or even more than like 4 to 5 hours. So 2 out of 10 from me. Expand

#30 Most Discussed DS Game of 2006
#2 Most Shared DS Game of 2006

1. Despite some iffy controls, as a dungeon-crawler CoM provides a fairly enjoyable way to kill numerous hours on the go. The nice graphics and really nice music help to smooth out a game that otherwise is a little bit stale. [JPN Import]
  2. Play Magazine
    This game is more fun with a bunch of friends, but so is going to the DMV or getting a root canal. [May 2006, p.78]
  3. For those of you looking for that one great RPG for your DS collection, this game might be your answer. While the game slows down at certain points and has a fair amount of difficulty, it’s still a force to be reckoned with.