7.3

1. TJM.
    Oct 3, 2006
    The replay value of this game lies in achieving gold medals for every last dish. Beyond that, Cooking Mama is best played in bite-sized morsels, and one should not pick it up at $20 expecting a full course meal.
  2. JennB.
    Jan 20, 2007
    This goes well with those who enjoy mini games. Being obsessed with simulators, I was instantly addicted. For only $20, its worth picking up.
  3. HannahR.
    May 10, 2007
    This game is fun for all ages. Anyone can play it. i think it has affected by psyche in real life though. I find my self chopping, slicing, stewing, saute-ing furiously in my real kitchen to get that mental gold medal. Help!! I have clocked this game over the duration of about 3 days and found that the only way to get a gold is to get 100%. This can be frustrating if you make something This game is fun for all ages. Anyone can play it. i think it has affected by psyche in real life though. I find my self chopping, slicing, stewing, saute-ing furiously in my real kitchen to get that mental gold medal. Help!! I have clocked this game over the duration of about 3 days and found that the only way to get a gold is to get 100%. This can be frustrating if you make something with about 7 stages and you get one minor thing wrong. Somethings seem almost impossible but you can do it if you don't mind getting repetitive stress syndrome in your hand. The game utilizes the touch screen very well AND you can blow into the microphone. How cool is that?! Expand
  4. ChrisW.
    Sep 18, 2006
    I consider this game to be a must own next to any warioware or brain age game. For only $20, this title gives you hours of minigame psuedo-cooking fun. Some recipes are simple enough that you could make them in the real world if you were so inclined. I really enjoyed this title, one of my best DS purchases yet. Very fun!
  5. Nov 26, 2010
    Adorable graphics and a slew of mini games, heck the whole game is mini games. It's amusing and for that $20 price tag. It's not the best out there, but definitely the best for that price.
  6. Sep 26, 2011
    There have actually been a couple 'cooking' games on the market before but I think they were always limited to obscure Japanese imports that never saw an English or American release. This game does a pretty good job of doing the same thing those did; introducing some fun minigames based entirely around cooking. I don't know exactly what it is that makes these games so addictive, but I canThere have actually been a couple 'cooking' games on the market before but I think they were always limited to obscure Japanese imports that never saw an English or American release. This game does a pretty good job of doing the same thing those did; introducing some fun minigames based entirely around cooking. I don't know exactly what it is that makes these games so addictive, but I can highly recommend giving this series a try when you have a few extra dollars. At it's current price, it's a great deal for some casual fun when you are in the mood for it. I only rated it a 7 because honestly the premise is extremely basic, and it's almost a direct copy of the earlier import cooking games I had played, but it's still a fun experience for the price. Expand
  7. May 9, 2015
    I'm not sure why this is so entertaining, but it is. And it's given me ideas for making fun lunches at home.

Shallow and repetitive, but somehow compelling.
  8. Apr 17, 2015
    I don't like it. I haven't played it, but it creep me out when i was young. When you fail, the "mama"'s eyes were fire, and her face was creepy! Don't get this game if you have a child under 10! This game will creep them out if they fail!

1. Cooking Mama was fun for a while, but after the novelty wore off, the repetition of the mini-games and the janky stylus controls just became a bigger and more noticeable defect, and while I’d love to praise the game for trying something different, I have to fault it for not having much depth. [JPN Import]
  2. The dishes and ingredients are all very detailed and look just like they should and Mama comes across as the tough extremist she is. She exudes her “Cook or die” mentality in every scene she graces. [JPN Import]
    Although there are a few clever mini-game ideas worth seeing, overall it will not hold your interest for long, which is disappointing since the whole concept of using the DS touch screen to control your way around the kitchen seems so natural. [JPN Import]