7.4

1. Sep 26, 2011
    There have actually been a couple 'cooking' games on the market before but I think they were always limited to obscure Japanese imports that never saw an English or American release. This game does a pretty good job of doing the same thing those did; introducing some fun minigames based entirely around cooking. I don't know exactly what it is that makes these games so addictive, but I can highly recommend giving this series a try when you have a few extra dollars. At it's current price, it's a great deal for some casual fun when you are in the mood for it. I only rated it a 7 because honestly the premise is extremely basic, and it's almost a direct copy of the earlier import cooking games I had played, but it's still a fun experience for the price. Expand
  2. Nov 26, 2010
    Adorable graphics and a slew of mini games, heck the whole game is mini games. It's amusing and for that $20 price tag. It's not the best out there, but definitely the best for that price.
  3. Nov 26, 2010

1. Cooking Mama was fun for a while, but after the novelty wore off, the repetition of the mini-games and the janky stylus controls just became a bigger and more noticeable defect, and while I’d love to praise the game for trying something different, I have to fault it for not having much depth. [JPN Import]
  2. The dishes and ingredients are all very detailed and look just like they should and Mama comes across as the tough extremist she is. She exudes her “Cook or die” mentality in every scene she graces. [JPN Import]
    Although there are a few clever mini-game ideas worth seeing, overall it will not hold your interest for long, which is disappointing since the whole concept of using the DS touch screen to control your way around the kitchen seems so natural. [JPN Import]