Cory in the House DS

9.5

1. Jan 2, 2014
    The rain beats down upon my window. The wind howls and thunder booms,......and yet....today is a perfect day. Today is the day I finally received my copy of Cory in the House and the outside world can go suck it. I fired up my DS palms sweating with anticipation, I knew this was going to be good but I wasn't ready for this. A triple threat of masterful storytelling, bleeding edge visualsThe rain beats down upon my window. The wind howls and thunder booms,......and yet....today is a perfect day. Today is the day I finally received my copy of Cory in the House and the outside world can go suck it. I fired up my DS palms sweating with anticipation, I knew this was going to be good but I wasn't ready for this. A triple threat of masterful storytelling, bleeding edge visuals and state of the art audio. The game reeks of quality and sky high production values the likes of which will likely never been seen again on a portable system. To go into anymore detail would be to spoil the experience (you won't see ANY of these story twists coming!). This game should be experienced fresh. My only real gripe is lack of online multiplayer but with a package like this who can seriously complain? So come on, isn't it time you got Corey in YOUR house?

Summary:
    Graphics: 10
    Sound: 10
    Story: 10
    Lastability: 10
    Replayability: 10
    Overall:10
  2. Jan 5, 2014
    Don't know why Obama was turned into a short, fat, self centered kid named Cory. But at least the game is as glorious as his sister Raven' s rack. Must play!
  3. Jan 6, 2014
    This is the best game ever to be created by humanity. Sometimes I questioned if the game was made by people or by a higher power, it's that good. The bar has been set very high.
  4. Jan 6, 2014
    without a doubt, the most impressive game I have ever seen.

The graphics, story and characters have blown past the industry standard. As for why it is so vastly under-rated, God will never know.

This game deserves more recognition in the eyes of our culture.

Cory in the House 3DS REMAKE! COME ON NINTENDO!
  5. Jan 22, 2014
    The captivating plot, insanely good character development and raw emotion you feel while playing make this one of the greatest games of all time. You play as Cory, a boy who's in the House. Everything from the art style to the collectibles to the side missions will make every player cry tears of joy. If I could give a higher rating, I would. This game will surely go down as one ofThe captivating plot, insanely good character development and raw emotion you feel while playing make this one of the greatest games of all time. You play as Cory, a boy who's in the House. Everything from the art style to the collectibles to the side missions will make every player cry tears of joy. If I could give a higher rating, I would. This game will surely go down as one of history's greatest and will have a legacy that will impact players for centuries. Expand
  6. ShaunCat
    Oct 28, 2008
    I had never even seen a shooting star before. 25 years of rotations, passes through comets' paths, and travel, and to my memory I had never witnessed burning debris scratch across the night sky. I stared entranced, soaking in Disney Interactive's new material, chiseling each gameplay moment into the best functioning parts of my brain which would be the only platform for theI had never even seen a shooting star before. 25 years of rotations, passes through comets' paths, and travel, and to my memory I had never witnessed burning debris scratch across the night sky. I stared entranced, soaking in Disney Interactive's new material, chiseling each gameplay moment into the best functioning parts of my brain which would be the only platform for the material for months.

This is an emotional, psychological experience. Cory in the House plays like a clouded brain trying to recall an alien abduction. It's the sound of a development studio, and its leader, losing faith in themselves, destroying themselves, and subsequently rebuilding a perfect entity. In other words, Disney Interactive hated being Disney Interactive, but ended up with the most ideal, natural licensed game yet.

The experience and emotions tied to playing Cory in the House are like witnessing the stillborn birth of a child while simultaneously having the opportunity to see her play in the afterlife on Imax. It's a game of sparking paradox. It's cacophonous yet tranquil, experimental yet familiar, foreign yet womb-like, spacious yet visceral, textured yet vaporous, awakening yet dreamlike, infinite yet two hours long. It will cleanse your brain of those little crustaceans of worries and inferior games clinging inside the fold of your gray matter. The harrowing sounds hit from unseen angles and emanate with inhuman genesis. When the headphones peel off, and it occurs that six men created this, it's clear that Disney Interactive must be the greatest developer alive, if not the best since you know who. Breathing people made this game! And you can't wait to dive back in and try to prove that wrong over and over.
  7. Jan 8, 2014
    Perfect. Flawless. This is absolutely the greatest game ever made. Period. I am so in love with this game. The dialogue is the best ever in any game. It rivals Portal 2 as the best video game script ever.
    Cory you a busta!
  8. Dec 31, 2013
    I am blown by the stunning visuals given in this game. The story is so compelling that I almost cried playing this game. I am happily awaiting the next installment in this franchise.
  9. Dec 31, 2013
    This game gives you the full, breathtaking experience of what it's like to be in the house. The genre-redefining game definitely takes the cake over other masterpieces this year like Bioshock: Cory In The House and The Last of Cory In The House.
  10. Jan 5, 2014
    I was wandering the streets on a cold december morning when i decided to enter my local game store. I browesed the xbox section but only saw fps's, racers and action games, the only game we bget fed these days. I was just about to leave the store when i remembered that i had a nintendo collecting dust, so i went to browse the used DS games section. There wasen't any good titles there, butI was wandering the streets on a cold december morning when i decided to enter my local game store. I browesed the xbox section but only saw fps's, racers and action games, the only game we bget fed these days. I was just about to leave the store when i remembered that i had a nintendo collecting dust, so i went to browse the used DS games section. There wasen't any good titles there, but then i saw this game. Cory in the House was just infront of me, i was going to pass it up but it was 99 cent. i took the game to the desk and payed for it, the cashier said with a smile "Cory in the House? oh you're going to love this" and i didn't doubt him at all.

When i came home i cleared the dust of my DS and sat it in, when i saw the disney logo i felt loved. i sat for a good 3 hours before i needed a break from gods blessing, it was like an angel had delivered the baby jesus to earth, exept that it was a game inside a cover. The cutscenes where amazing, it even has a laugh track. the mini games were fun and the graphics amazing, this is truly an instant classic, a Battle Toads of our generation, amazing writing, glorious graphics and bar raising gameplay. 10/10
  11. Dec 31, 2013
    Masterpiece, dont listen to critic reviews, great dialogue and artistically good. Better than Oblvion or heavy rain will ever touch, so deep and influential for moderrn gaming, under rated as hell IMO.
  12. Jan 1, 2014
    This beautifully constructed piece of art is undoubtedly the culmination of centuries of human culture and artistic visions. The butter-smooth controls and excellent stage designs merge together in an effortless beauty. The sympathetic three-dimensional protagonist never ceases to amaze, and the overall plot will make even the harshest critical minds laugh and cry.
    10/10 MASTERPIECE
  13. Jan 9, 2014
    Developing this game must have felt to the devs what Mozart felt when he was fleshing out his greatest melodies, or what Shakespeare felt when his intricate web of storyline finally came together. This game is the epitome of entertainment, a masterpiece of media. if you have not experienced the near-orgasmic gameplay and writing that shall forever stand the test of time, you need to runDeveloping this game must have felt to the devs what Mozart felt when he was fleshing out his greatest melodies, or what Shakespeare felt when his intricate web of storyline finally came together. This game is the epitome of entertainment, a masterpiece of media. if you have not experienced the near-orgasmic gameplay and writing that shall forever stand the test of time, you need to run out to the nearest Value Village and pick yourself up a copy of this epic. Expand
  14. Dec 29, 2013
    My personal Game of the year. With an enthralling story, breathtaking graphics, revolutionary gameplay, and characters that act and feel almost real, it's no wonder many people love this game.
  15. Dec 29, 2013
    This is quite possibly one of the greatest games of all time, it changed my life. When my grandmother was dying in the hospital from cancer I told her to play this game so that she could at least experience one last joy on this earth. Literally one day later she is well enough to leave the hospital and her cancer is now in remission. If this game hadn't existed my grandmother would be deadThis is quite possibly one of the greatest games of all time, it changed my life. When my grandmother was dying in the hospital from cancer I told her to play this game so that she could at least experience one last joy on this earth. Literally one day later she is well enough to leave the hospital and her cancer is now in remission. If this game hadn't existed my grandmother would be dead right now. Thank you based Cory. Expand
  16. Jan 6, 2014
    This game beats Skyrim or Counter-Strike by a long shot. I have put so many hours into this game, and it never gets boring! Just excellent! Order now or you will not be living the life!
  17. Jan 5, 2014
    I was only 9 years old, I loved Cory i had all the movies and books
    Every night before bed i pray to Cory thanking him for the life i've been given
    "Cory is love i say Cory is life" my dad hears me and he calls a **** i knew he was just jealous of my devotion to Cory I called him a **** he slaps me and sends me to my room i'm crying now and my face hurts i lay in bed and its really
    I was only 9 years old, I loved Cory i had all the movies and books
    Every night before bed i pray to Cory thanking him for the life i've been given
    "Cory is love i say Cory is life" my dad hears me and he calls a ****
    i knew he was just jealous of my devotion to Cory
    I called him a ****
    he slaps me and sends me to my room i'm crying now and my face hurts
    i lay in bed and its really cold i feel a warmth moving towards me
    i feel something touch me
    it's Cory!
    I'm so happy
    He whispers in my ear "This is my house"
    He grabs me with his powerful hands and puts me on my hands and knees
    I'm ready
    I spread my asscheeks for Cory
    He penetrates my butthole
    it hurts so much but i do it for Cory
    I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water
    i push against his force
    I want to please Cory
    He screams a mighty GO CORY as he fills my butt with his love
    My dad walks in
    Cory looks him straight in the eye and says "Here we go!"
    Cory leaves through my window

Cory is love, Cory is life.
  18. Jan 15, 2014
    This game is simply amazing. As soon as I saw it for sale at Gamestop for $5.99 I knew I was in for a great game. The game's story line is as good as the show]s story. For all of you that don't know, Cory is a boy who is living in a House. The graphics are far superb compared to other Nintendo DS titles, and I was impressed by the soundtrack. It features hit songs from the show itself, andThis game is simply amazing. As soon as I saw it for sale at Gamestop for $5.99 I knew I was in for a great game. The game's story line is as good as the show]s story. For all of you that don't know, Cory is a boy who is living in a House. The graphics are far superb compared to other Nintendo DS titles, and I was impressed by the soundtrack. It features hit songs from the show itself, and other classic tunes. Warning to all parents thinking of buying their kid this game - It has some very tragic scenes, and although comical at times, it can also be very serious. In conclusion, Cory in the House is one of the best video games I have played in my life, and deserves the Game of the Year award for 2014. Expand
  19. Dec 29, 2013
    At first I didn't know what to think. But then quickly after I started playing I realized. Cory IS LOVE. CORY IS LIFE. CORY IS GOD. Do not pass up this opportunity to play this game. If you value your soul at all you will wont give it another moments thought. This game is truly something to behold.
  20. Dec 29, 2013
    As acclaimed actor who starred in Twister and Weird Science I, Bill Paxton, know quality. Cory in the House touches on every single emotion a human could ever experience. It also has the most complex and deep gameplay ever created. You'll be kicking yourself if you don't order this game right now. Listen, I was in Apollo 13. I know a masterpiece when I see one.
  21. JonF.
    Jun 24, 2008
    Excellent game, held me in my seat (and on the edge of it!) all the way through.
  22. Dec 30, 2013
    "We have Cory in the House. What makes him different from other games? What makes him better?"

"It's just so damn fun. I can only hope for a sequel."

"A sequel. How do you propose this?"

"How about... Cory in the Hotel?"

"Sold."
  23. Dec 29, 2013
    Cory in the House is one of the greatest pieces of media that remains one of the most engaging video games ever put to a handheld screen. Disney crafts a picture that tells a simple, subtle story that works brilliantly in capturing your attention from the first menu onwards. The cast do an immaculate job in their performances and each actor brings something unique to the screen to reallyCory in the House is one of the greatest pieces of media that remains one of the most engaging video games ever put to a handheld screen. Disney crafts a picture that tells a simple, subtle story that works brilliantly in capturing your attention from the first menu onwards. The cast do an immaculate job in their performances and each actor brings something unique to the screen to really make this game standout among other classics. The direction is terrific and they are able to craft a story that uses basic elements to create something truly remarkable with this game. Cory also stars in the film as the lead character, Cory who is a powerful beautiful young boy in the white house. Cory is superb in the part, and his work behind the camera is immaculate, fluent and brings the viewer into a truly special experience. The game is a must play due to its significance to the video game medium. Cory in the House is a game that has stood the test of time, and yet again proves that the best games are the ones that tell a good story that is simple, yet well told and elevated by a talented cast that add so much to the game to make it a truly outstanding piece of media. Video game fans owe it to themselves to check this treasure and Cory is a wonderful actor that has crafted an excellent, engaging and memorable game that you soon won't forget. The game is flawless and it has stood out among other classics. With that being said, is this my favorite of modern games? It isn't, but it definitely is among the finest pieces of work of this era and any era for that matter. I'd have to say that Imagine: Party Babyz is my favorite, with Cory in the House a close second. Either way, this is a sweeping masterpiece of art, one that has stood out and lives on through each decade as an exemplary game that each new player can take something out from the game. Cory in the House is a flawless picture that has its place secured in video game history. Expand
  24. Dec 29, 2013
    In my lifetime I've played many games, from rpgs to to shooters to sanboxes. But never have i've seen such a master piece such as this. Trully one giant step forward in video gaming story telling. The exposition is near perfect and the plot twists completely unpredictable. This game makes games with deep stories like Skyrim look like toilet humor. Trully the citizen cain of games.
  25. Jan 1, 2014
    In an uninspiring chaos that the modern video game industry, every once in a while a true gem arises to the shelves, and Cory in the House is the very king of them. With a perfect execution of gameplay elements, top-notch graphics that are powered by a great engine, this game sets to be the revolutionary point in the video game history. Without a doubt, this is the title of the century.
  26. Dec 29, 2013
    It is impossible to explain why this game is deserving of such a high score with words alone you have to experience this masterpiece in storytelling for yourself.
  27. Dec 29, 2013
    Ten minutes in I had lost two litres of blood and my children were dead. The dark god Cory calls from beyond the Nether. There is no escaping the war. He will come.
  28. Nov 9, 2012
    Not only is this the best game of all time, but it has changed my standard of gaming forever. I cant go back to bad games likes call of duty or assassins creed now I have played it. The story is great and has the best protagonist known to man. story kept me on my toes 10/10. Game play is nail bitingly good. I loved the feeling of JUST making it 10/10. Sound track is off the rails 10/10.Not only is this the best game of all time, but it has changed my standard of gaming forever. I cant go back to bad games likes call of duty or assassins creed now I have played it. The story is great and has the best protagonist known to man. story kept me on my toes 10/10. Game play is nail bitingly good. I loved the feeling of JUST making it 10/10. Sound track is off the rails 10/10. Cant be improved. Expand
  29. Jan 5, 2014
    A true modern day masterpiece, a game that will never be forgotten. The climax of the game caused me to my Brand new jeans in pure awe of the masterful storytelling and thoughtful, intricate plot conclusion. The rest of you can play your Last of them or your Infinite shock or what not but I know what my GOTY will be...
  30. Jan 6, 2014
    10/10 would play again. The levels are set up so that first there is a collection of levels whose objectives require go-here-do-this puzzle solving. Then you'll get to play more action-oriented levels with sling-shooting, jumping, go-here-wreck-this-guy action. It's good because while you're playing one of the errand-boy missions that has you fetching this and that, you get to look forward10/10 would play again. The levels are set up so that first there is a collection of levels whose objectives require go-here-do-this puzzle solving. Then you'll get to play more action-oriented levels with sling-shooting, jumping, go-here-wreck-this-guy action. It's good because while you're playing one of the errand-boy missions that has you fetching this and that, you get to look forward to one of the cool action levels like the sniper or train levels. Since some of the first levels of the game are of the boring sort, many people may not want to play long enough to get to some of those really cool levels later on in the game. But trust me, it's worth dredging through some of the missions in the beginning levels. Expand
tbd

No score yet - based on 2 Critics

The game has some of the clunkiest controls we've seen, the presentation is insultingly stupid, the minigames are hardly games at all, and on top of everything it's really short.
  2. Simply put, I cannot recommend Cory in the House for the DS, not even to the most hardcore fan of the TV series.