7.9

1. Robert
    Nov 2, 2007
    This game is truly scary, great sounds add to the creepiness. The use of the stylus here is second only to a pc, controls are very good. It looks really good for the ds as well. Good storyline, it's both horror and thriller, good plot twists. A GREAT entry in the horror genre.
  2. SheilaC.
    Nov 24, 2007
    Hard on the hands and has save game issues.
  3. DJT
    Dec 15, 2007
    At first it was okay. But then after the first chapter, the lock and key mechanics really started to take away from the overal atmoshere. You found yourself cursing why you can't climb over a simple desk to get to a part on the map rather than scared because some shrieking worm is coming after you thru the vents.
  4. Jun 11, 2011
    Really frustrating and hard to get into. The comparison to Doom 3 and Silent Hill is based only upon the fact that it appears that way. Really it's nowhere near as good as either one of those games and, despite a few frustrating moments, I was able to beat it in a matter of an hour or two. The storyline is mediocre and lacks any real interesting features, and the monsters look laughable (IReally frustrating and hard to get into. The comparison to Doom 3 and Silent Hill is based only upon the fact that it appears that way. Really it's nowhere near as good as either one of those games and, despite a few frustrating moments, I was able to beat it in a matter of an hour or two. The storyline is mediocre and lacks any real interesting features, and the monsters look laughable (I know the graphics aren't the best, but at the very least they could've spend more time on character design). This game really isn't worth it. For some there may be something to enjoy, but for me it was an annoying bore. Expand
  5. Wil
    Nov 5, 2007
    I asked myself how the hell did I managed to wet my pants looking at a 2.5 inch screen. Laughing? You try it at mid-night and see! A master-piece.
  6. AnthonyZ.
    Oct 29, 2007
    It's actually a pretty good game... It's got good atmosphere, good gameplay... The only thing it's lacking is variation.
  7. AdrianM.
    Oct 29, 2007
    This game is really good and scary, but you have to play it at night with all the lights off and hooked up to your surround system to scare the heck out of out. Honestly, under these conditions, I don't think I've played a scarier game than this one. So if you're a fan of horror games and own a DS, then this is the game for you. I loved it. 9/10.
  8. GioD
    Feb 29, 2008
    We need more game like this on the DS. Dementium is a FANTASTIC debut game from new publisher Gamecock, and new developer Renegade Kid. To sum up the story of the game, your trapped in a very derelict and bloodstained hospital but you have no idea how you got there, why you are there, and no memory of who you are/were. Ofcourse there are all sorts of mostrosities in the hospital all We need more game like this on the DS. Dementium is a FANTASTIC debut game from new publisher Gamecock, and new developer Renegade Kid. To sum up the story of the game, your trapped in a very derelict and bloodstained hospital but you have no idea how you got there, why you are there, and no memory of who you are/were. Ofcourse there are all sorts of mostrosities in the hospital all iching to kill you while you explore and look for answers. I really can't stress this enough but Renegade Kid did a superb job here. Screenshots DO NOT do this game justice. It looks and runs beautifully while you play, without dropping any framerate or slowdown when multiple enemies are on screen. Music is very tense, atmosphere is very dark and disturbing, graphics are some of the best that i've seen on the DS, and the controls (this being first person) are very easy to learn and get accustomed to. If you crave for something that is truly different from the norm on the DS, due yourself the huge favor and pick up Dementium. A terriffic survival horror game. Expand
  9. Oct 28, 2013
    One of the best games i have ever played, on any system or console to be honest. The graphics are great, especially for the ds, the story and game-play are fantastic, really, there is nothing bad about this game that i can think of. At some points it is scary as hell. I would recommend this game to anyone who is a fan of video games.

1. There are nice touches – cockroaches that scatter under your flashlight, the occasional puzzle, effective cutscenes – but there is little that you won’t have found implemented in a vastly more satisfactory form elsewhere. [May 2008, p.99]
  2. Combat can get a bit repetitive, but the spooky atmosphere is spot on. [Issue#23, p.79]
  3. A decent suspense-filled horror game that looks good for the DS but would probably be more at home on a console. [July 2008, p.98]