8.5

1. Jul 6, 2011
    Being a fan of most RPG's I am going to be slightly biased but any fan of RPG's and owns a DS and does not pick this one up is a fool to themselves one of the greatest games on the DS at the moment. If you played the other 2 games in the DS re-make trilogy this may be a little old-school but if you are wating for the next Final Fantasy (13-2) this will be a great game to pick up. Even if you are currently playing a Larger RPG Such as ones on the Latest Steam Sales this will be a great on the go game I am about 5 hours into my latest playthrough and I am not even 10% into the game yet. 10/10 Expand
  2. Aug 28, 2013
    Signature flaws of the series such as strong random enemies, useless abilites, and vague townsfolk are unapologetically present, giving less encouragement and ways around the issues than the leaner Dragon Quest IV DS.
  3. Feb 21, 2012
    an excellent rpg that i enjoy even more so than the big consoles ones!
    great story and a very nice upgrade from the Snes original this is a must have for any Ds rpg fan or if you love Dragon quest
  4. Apr 27, 2014
    Where Dragonquest 8 resides to most fans of the series as a complete master piece, and Dragonquest 9 is the sequel to it and it posses the same feel and coming with great videos and fun Dragonquest 4-6 sit as the a decent remake for the retro game and I can't not give it better praise than that.

There is great fun to be had by this game, where it drags terrible in the middle ( and even
    to some degree at the end) I was happy finish it. First and for most it is a fun throw back game to people who want to play a good looking super nintendo game or maybe even a good looking 64 game. Do not expect a great story, or even strong graphics but it's a fun open world rpg that allows the people to traverse an open world as they wish. Most games will feel it lacks in direction and redundant (do we really need 4 ways of travel?) there is fun to be have for the retro fan.

IF you have played Dragonquest 8 Journey of the Cursed King than it remains as the king of them all and Dragonquest 6 sits somewhere in the middle.

1. Oct 19, 2011
    Realms of Revelation finishes the Zenithian trilogy nicely. While it is not as good as Sentinels of the Starry Skies or hand of the Heavenly Bride, it is a very entertaining and the dreamlike atmosphere captures the imagination. [June 2011]
    Outstanding Japanese RPG thrills with story and combat system and offers tens of hours of pure adventure entertainment. [Issue#207]
  3. Jul 8, 2011
    As accessible as a Romanian arthouse film festival, but learn the lingo and find hours of fun. [Aug 2011, p.92]