Drawn to Life: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition DS

• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Sep 15, 2008
5.5

1. Nov 9, 2011
    The use of the Spongebob universe with Drawn to Life elements is well executed, even if it has been done before. You draw your own character and help Spongebob and his friends stop an evil drawn version of Spongebob from taking over Bikini Bottom.
  2. Apr 19, 2015
    This game was not very great. It was on the DS and honestly I think SpongeBob should stick to his awesome TV show, as his games never seem to be too good. (With the exception of "SpongeBob Squarepants movie on PS2/Gamecube)
  3. Jun 18, 2016
    This is the Worst Nintendo DS game I ever played,
    Back then I liked this game but tonight when I played the game.
    I have a few problems with it. 1.A cliche executed story, It's a rehash of Frankendoodle 2.Very Low-brow color scheme I can see what THQ can do with their color scheme but they always use the same kind of color scheme in all of their games! 3.The characters, All of them
    This is the Worst Nintendo DS game I ever played,
    Back then I liked this game but tonight when I played the game.
    I have a few problems with it.
    1.A cliche executed story,
    It's a rehash of Frankendoodle
    2.Very Low-brow color scheme
    3.The characters,
    All of them are generic.
    4.The creativity,
    It's the same creativity!
    It's just my opinion, If you like this game
    I'll respect yours.
    Story: 1/10
    Visuals: 4/10
    Characters: 1/10
    Abysmal

#52 Most Discussed DS Game of 2008
#45 Most Shared DS Game of 2008

Whether it's out of respect for the original team or because it's a better game, I'd rather play the original Drawn to Life over this cash-in. But hey, even I can see that the Spongebob Edition isn't a bad kid-focused title -- it's built off a great foundation.
  2. Nintendo Power
    The game's 20 levels (including vehicle chases) give you plenty of play, but the reason to pick it up is to flex your creative muscles. [Nov 2008, p.104]
  3. A solid buy for Drawn to Life fans, kids who love SpongeBob, and anyone who likes to draw.