• Publisher: THQ
  • Release Date: Oct 27, 2009
7.6

1. Feb 1, 2015
    The best DS game I've played and one of the best I've played on any platform. The story is good and continues from the first one. Wilfre is a little **** who deserved to get slaughtered at the end. It's a controversial ending, seeing as how the entire thing ends up being a dream. But still an extremely fun game.
  2. Dec 30, 2014
    Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter suffers from being so similar to the original that it becomes worse, with an even cheesier story and even more questionable design choices. It has its fun moments, but overall, it was just a disappointing experience.
  3. Nov 29, 2014
    Yeah, these games are DEEPLY flawed. Some levels feel too long, you can play as a doodle of a vulgar organ if you choose and there's REALLY unresponsive controls in the wii and mobile releases.

BUT. You must buy the ORIGINALS of both Drawn to Life and Drawn To Life: The next chapter. Do not get the double pack, the story is butchered in that one. The original two, will seem cheesy at times. Token, weird, startlingly dark at some moments. But when you reach the end of the second game, WITHOUT a lets play or any nonsense like that and you'll get a surprisingly deep and disturbingly heavy conclusion so satisfying your tears will fill your shoes and you'll go sterile from shock. It's good. REAL good.

Yeah, it's generic sometimes. DON'T CONFUSE THAT. 5th cell are absolute masters of being the strangest things in my DS library, and this fantastic hidden gem, while a pretty darned fun plat former to begin with has a much deeper story than it lets on. Do not underestimate this game. This is art in its finest form.
  4. Dec 19, 2013
    I have played the game really liked it, but it seemed a bit too short for me. The story was good the platforming was fun though not much variety, and finally there is almost no replayability.
  5. Feb 19, 2013
    Ok before I start, may I ask Why do people hate this game!?!?! It is an excellent 2-D platformer with a great score, and an excellent story. I must also give a shout out about the graphics, THERE GORGEOUS. I will admit that the water-color gorgeousness doesn't blend well with your own crudely drawn drawings... But all is forgiven because of how gorgeous those oversold graphics are. I loveOk before I start, may I ask Why do people hate this game!?!?! It is an excellent 2-D platformer with a great score, and an excellent story. I must also give a shout out about the graphics, THERE GORGEOUS. I will admit that the water-color gorgeousness doesn't blend well with your own crudely drawn drawings... But all is forgiven because of how gorgeous those oversold graphics are. I love the graphics if you couldn't tell. I also really like the level design, it has a perfect sense of challenge not to hard and not to easy... Well the second half of the game. I could go on and on about this game and how much I love it, but I don't wanna waste your time. All and all this is the most underrated game I've ever played. Sure it's kinda short and the ending sucks, but it's an experience that many people are missing out on. I would recommend this game to anyone who likes platformers a or those who just enjoy a great experience. Buy this game, please... Well that is if you can find it... RIP THQ... Expand
  6. Oct 5, 2012
    Drawn to Life is a good, fun little game that has an interesting concept. However, many times, the levels can be very frustrating, but the boss battles are almost too easy. However, it is a good little game, can provide lots of fun, drawing pathetic characters and watching them run around, destroying enemies. It's fun for a bit, when you draw giant 'rude things' and use them as power-ups.Drawn to Life is a good, fun little game that has an interesting concept. However, many times, the levels can be very frustrating, but the boss battles are almost too easy. However, it is a good little game, can provide lots of fun, drawing pathetic characters and watching them run around, destroying enemies. It's fun for a bit, when you draw giant 'rude things' and use them as power-ups. Still, the game is very fun and enjoyable most of the time. Expand
  7. Aug 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Dear god, I think this is one is superior to the first in gameplay, but what ruins it is the ending. If I had reviewed the first, I'd give the original more points because the ending ruined it for me. It turns out that everything in the game was just Mike's coma dream. Yes, Mike. The same Mike who was just a mere minor character in the first game and played little importance to the story. I wish I could say more, but the ending ruined the entire experience for me. Expand

1. This new installment of Drawn to Life has resulted in an even better title than the first game, with more options and a better game experience.
    Drawn to Life isn’t broken, but its ho-hum parts meant that it was incredibly rare for me to say I was having fun with a given part of the title, and that’s kind of a big part of why we play games.
  3. We like the innovation. [Dec 2009, p.86]