Escape the Museum DS

tbd

No user score yet- Awaiting 3 more ratings

1. Feb 3, 2015
    If you are looking for a "hidden object" game, this is a medium-low difficulty challenge. If you are looking for a room escape game, there is not much of that style incorporated. If you are bound and determined to 100% everything, this game is not for you.

As a hidden object game, Escape the Museum is not a bad choice. Hints are available and most objects are easy to find if you look for them, and the rest are very difficult. Some people may not know what some of the objects look like. And some objects look nothing like what you might expect, so it's a bit challenging. I would rate this aspect 7.5 nachos.

The storyline is unfortunately very mundane and basic. There isn't too much drama even though they tried, but the set-up and layout of text makes it boring. I rate that with 3 nachos.

As for the escape game portions, they were a bit difficult but not in a fun way. You are also timed, to no purpose. This means it tells you how long you took to escape the room, but there are no leaderboards or goals whatsoever. No penalties for taking too long. They were also very short escape puzzles, and I came to this game hoping for more escape puzzles. Rating is 2 nachos for this aspect.

And my overall rating comes from these bits. For one thing, the sensitivity is AWFUL. You can click an object perfectly two or three times and it will not register. This means that 100% accuracy is nearly impossible to get. Actually, I never managed it. In part, that is because the accuracy meter is broken. In one room, I finally managed to get every item with one click each. It gave me a score of 28% accuracy. Also, even though I consistently got over 25% accuracy, the "global" (average) accuracy was always 18%. This really ruined a lot of the game for me, partly because I hate having to mash the screen to click something and partly because I always try to 100% every game I play. So for me, this section weighs heavily in my rating, and I rate it 1 half-eaten burnt nacho. I do not recommend.
tbd

No score yet - based on 1 Critic

1. Jun 5, 2011
    Some visual distortion hampers the Hidden Object element, and the touch-screen control system is a little loose in places, but on the whole Escape the Museum is an extremely pleasant surprise, offering a whole host of conundrums to crack, plenty of objects to find, and extras to unlock during the journey. Not perfect, by any means, but definitely a breath of fresh air in a heavily populated genre.