Feel the Magic: XY/XX DS

• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Nov 16, 2004
8.1

1. Sep 29, 2013
    As one of the earlier DS titles, it's very unpolished compared to later games, but it works well as a mini game collection with a quirky plot. Some of the games, like the DDR copy, had such unforgivably poor controls that they had to be skipped. This is a game I'm glad I only paid a couple bucks for. I will say that the silhouette art style works really well for this game, especially toAs one of the earlier DS titles, it's very unpolished compared to later games, but it works well as a mini game collection with a quirky plot. Some of the games, like the DDR copy, had such unforgivably poor controls that they had to be skipped. This is a game I'm glad I only paid a couple bucks for. I will say that the silhouette art style works really well for this game, especially to project who you want to be, as well as the girl. The story also ends with a pretty good and under-recognized Aesop.
    Art: 8
    Music: 8
    Story: 7
    Gameplay: 5
  2. Feb 16, 2013
    The games many simple yet well designed mini games, as well as dating story line that is quite interesing, this game is a really good early ds game that, while short and not necessarily difficult, has alot of replayability, and good gameplay. i have fond memories of this game in the early ds days.
  3. DebbieT.
    May 14, 2007
    Short and dull. This game's "novelties" are tapping frantically at the screen and tracing over lines. No thinking required. The graphics are good in a stylised kind of way. That's all I can say for it.
  4. HunterR.
    Dec 27, 2005
    Feel the Magic is what Wario Ware ought to be, but too damn short to get a 10. The games and story are fun, innovative, and at times hilarious, but most gamers will complete the story mode just hours after buying the game. The graphics are good in most of the games, but the story is presented largely in a comic book style, reminiscent of Max Payne. The use of the touch pad and microphone Feel the Magic is what Wario Ware ought to be, but too damn short to get a 10. The games and story are fun, innovative, and at times hilarious, but most gamers will complete the story mode just hours after buying the game. The graphics are good in most of the games, but the story is presented largely in a comic book style, reminiscent of Max Payne. The use of the touch pad and microphone really bring the game to life, and make some of the games a riot. Now that Feel the Magic is a bargain title, ($15 to $20 in most stores) there's no excuse not to pick up a copy. It's more than worth your money, and is a great example for other developers to follow. Sonic Team's effort to use the DS in every way possible really shows, and makes this title a true work of art. Expand
  5. Steve
    Sep 28, 2005
    This game is short only if you want it to be. Yeah, the story mode isn't too long but it's entertaining while it lasts. I found this game to get old after a while and repetitive as well. Rent first before you buy.
  6. JonH.
    Feb 2, 2005
    I had a lot of fun with this game despite all the problems already noted, it sure does beat mario 64 ds.
  7. JasonW.
    Jan 11, 2005
    Short? Yes. Easy? Kind of. More addictive then crack? Hell yeah. This game makes excellent use of the mic. and touch screen and is sure to provide you with years of entertainment. Look for this title to disappear quickly.
    Jan 2, 2005
    I imported a nintendo ds from america with this game because i felt it would best use its features. And it does! This game is hilarious and fun all at once and may be a bit short but with lots of unlockables, 3 difficulty levels and plenty of replay value this is a fantastic game.
  9. Supersean
    Dec 26, 2004
    With good graphics, incredible use of all the features, the ability to make the girl nude are all great things about the game. Weird but funny humor, and odd yet fun and challenging mini games also help. But its definitely no mario party. I think if it was a little longer, had more mini games, had a multiplayer abilites, and the charaters had more detail (especially the nude lady) wouldWith good graphics, incredible use of all the features, the ability to make the girl nude are all great things about the game. Weird but funny humor, and odd yet fun and challenging mini games also help. But its definitely no mario party. I think if it was a little longer, had more mini games, had a multiplayer abilites, and the charaters had more detail (especially the nude lady) would help alot. I give it an 8.5 i just put 9 cuz it rounds up. Expand
  10. PaulScottodiP.
    Dec 8, 2004
    I think that people interested in Japanese culture, and other OTAKU will be very happy about this game. The Wario Ware Inc, with a 70's graphic feeling is a pleasure. The High Japanese kinkiness level of the game is to die-for...
  11. BrendanO.
    Nov 23, 2004
    Although it is relatively short, "Feel the Magic" is a creative, enjoyable game. The music is extremely catchy. All of the minigames are ridiculously amusing; c'mon, you get to launch people through a sling shot at an enemy car who has kid-knapped your girlfriend. How cool is that? The mic games are a load of fun!So far it is the only DS game that has taken advantage of the mic.
  12. Sep 29, 2013
    Art: 8
    Music: 8
    Story: 7
    Gameplay: 5

#4 Most Discussed DS Game of 2004
#2 Most Shared DS Game of 2004

1. For what's ostensibly a collection of minigames, Feel the Magic seems amazingly cohesive.
    It's so darn stylish and such a great demonstration of the DS hardware. Unfortunately, it's over long before I want it to be, and there's not enough to keep me coming back to it after a few more rounds with it.
  3. If you are a big fan of mini-games, you're planning on buying a bunch of games this month along with your DS, and would like to pretend that you actually have a girlfriend... then I suggest you go pick up a copy of Feel the Magic: XY/XX.