FIFA Soccer 09 DS

6.1

1. GregC.
    Oct 24, 2008
    This game sucks, I hate it cuz I hate it. I'm Greg. This game makes me want to throw my DS across the room!
  2. G.C
    Feb 24, 2009
    Balls, balls, and more balls. This year's version of FIFA on DS is maybe the ballsiest version, but also is balls. Everytime a ball pops, Greg gets his wings. This game makes no sense, I don't see how this game could be played when games have balls in games. When will EA understand that balls in games are not good unless they are soccer balls in the game of balls. BALLS. Greg.
  3. PaulK
    Jan 2, 2009
    Pretty bad to be honest. I was hoping for a big improvement on 08 but unfortunatley I was let down. Defending a corner is pointless, as your men on the post stand there and do nothing. Slide tackling is a waste of time as you get sent off for nearly every tackle. Strangely, the computer doesnt. When your keeper saves a shot he pushes it out to the opposing striker EVERY time. You can Pretty bad to be honest. I was hoping for a big improvement on 08 but unfortunatley I was let down. Defending a corner is pointless, as your men on the post stand there and do nothing. Slide tackling is a waste of time as you get sent off for nearly every tackle. Strangely, the computer doesnt. When your keeper saves a shot he pushes it out to the opposing striker EVERY time. You can never select the player closest to the ball when chasing it. I could go on, but I'm getting annoyed. Expand
  4. JoseG
    Jan 4, 2009
    This game is way better than the PC version. The only thing that sucks is you can't update your players, but that is okay.
  5. MSmith
    Oct 25, 2008
    I can't believe I wasted money on this game...I thought the DS was better than this but I was wrong. I'm glad I switched and got the PSP one, which isn't great but it is leaps and bounds ahead of this. The DS is not made for a sports simulation title.
  6. JohnathanS
    Oct 25, 2008
    I tested this game at EA - how in the world did it get the reviews it did?? This game is terrible! The graphics are horrid, there are numerous bugs (and obviously no patch), the gameplay is horrendous. Do not buy this game, get FIFA for 360, ps3, or even ps2!
  7. VinP
    Apr 21, 2009
    PROS: Lots of real leagues with real teams and real players, on-field gameplay is great, trainings are challenging yet passable, sound is great. CONS: manager mode is too buggy to play: stats aren't given to correct players, your lineup gets changed after every match, training mode is inaccessible when it says it should be, simulated games are just a coin-flip no matter how much more PROS: Lots of real leagues with real teams and real players, on-field gameplay is great, trainings are challenging yet passable, sound is great. CONS: manager mode is too buggy to play: stats aren't given to correct players, your lineup gets changed after every match, training mode is inaccessible when it says it should be, simulated games are just a coin-flip no matter how much more dominant one team is, etc... THOUGHTS: Maybe EAsports got 2nd-rate intern programmers to code this game then decided not to test it before selling it. BOTTOMLINE: Don't buy it if you want to play through manager mode because you'll be too frustrated and distracted to enjoy the game. Expand
  8. LukeM.
    Oct 17, 2008
    Best Game Ever!!!!
  9. AzoM
    Dec 2, 2008
    i don't why this game has a 5.3 rating by users! i am a big fan of both the FIFA and PES franchises, and until now, really, there hasn't been a single decent game for the DS from both. but i was pleasantly surprised by FIFA 09 for DS. I got it as a gift from friends, and at first, i said to myself that this will suck, but i found out that this was the best soccer game on a i don't why this game has a 5.3 rating by users! i am a big fan of both the FIFA and PES franchises, and until now, really, there hasn't been a single decent game for the DS from both. but i was pleasantly surprised by FIFA 09 for DS. I got it as a gift from friends, and at first, i said to myself that this will suck, but i found out that this was the best soccer game on a handheld ever; it's so fun and enjoyable to play that i haven't put my DS down since i got this game. i enjoyed it more than PC versions of last years FIFA and PES. i loved the intuitive control system with the stylus. it gets big points (not for the graphics) but for the gameplay, and that's what matters the most for sports games; not to mention, the sound was really good as well. thumbs up to FIFA and i hope the next installation for DS is even better and more fun. Expand
  10. AaronGuhl
    Oct 27, 2008
    This game is easily the best soccer game to be release on the DS so far. The difference is clear in the first few minutes of playing it that this game is a keeper. Packed full of features, if you are a soccer fan that owns NDS, then this is a must have.
  11. Nov 9, 2011
    The idea of "FIFA" is in the right place; its the difficult controls and sophisticated system that's not in the right place.

1. It's been a long hard road but DS owners finally have a football game that they can be proud of – FIFA 09 is this season's most improved player.
  2. Football fans rejoice! FIFA 09 is EA’s best footy outing so far and with more modes than ever before there is plenty for DS football fans to get their teeth into here. FIFA shoots! FIFA scores!
  3. Most likely the best football game on the handheld, it's like a miniature package of the other versions.