7.4

1. WallidK
    Mar 31, 2009
    Before you buy this game, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION. If not, this game isn't going to be nearly as fun as by yourself. The AI that they assign to you is in my opinion worse than the one in Ring of Fates. However, that's really the only bad thing I have to say about this game. There is a ridiculous amount of customization and the multiplayer almost never gets old. Before you buy this game, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION. If not, this game isn't going to be nearly as fun as by yourself. The AI that they assign to you is in my opinion worse than the one in Ring of Fates. However, that's really the only bad thing I have to say about this game. There is a ridiculous amount of customization and the multiplayer almost never gets old. I'm about 8 or so hours in this game, and as of right now, I say that if you liked Ring of Fates, RPGs, or multiplayer games in general, this is a must-buy. Expand
  2. BrandonS
    Apr 1, 2009
    A really great game... If you have friends to play it with. The AI is fustrating at most points of the games, though the gameplay is fun. Multiplayer is probably the main reason you should want to buy this game, though single player is decent at best because of the AI.
  3. JasonG
    Apr 27, 2009
    While not perfect, this is a fun, simple action rpg that is great to play with friends online. I think the platforming elements are the weakest, mostly due to the lack of analog control. But all in all, a purchase I'm pleased with.
  4. Sep 29, 2013
    This is probably one of the best Crystal Chronicles entries. The graphics and mechanics are good, and the story pulls you forward pretty well, even if some points are rather predictable yet unavoidable. The battles are usually pretty balanced, but it's always better to at least have an AI team back you up as soon as you can. My major gripe with the AI is that it will follow who you'reThis is probably one of the best Crystal Chronicles entries. The graphics and mechanics are good, and the story pulls you forward pretty well, even if some points are rather predictable yet unavoidable. The battles are usually pretty balanced, but it's always better to at least have an AI team back you up as soon as you can. My major gripe with the AI is that it will follow who you're playing as at any given moment, making team puzzles difficult as they won't stay in place after you switch characters. It's just unfortunate that you will probably not find any online co-op or help in this game so long after its initial release.
    Art: 9
    Music: 9
    Story: 7
    Gameplay: 7

1. Portability and touch-screen functionality give the DS game the edge. [Apr 2009, p.84]
    But it's the seamless transitioning of the single-player to the multiplayer (you can hop in and out from one to the other at any save point) that really seals the deal.
  3. It’s a tale of give and take. Echoes of Time is meant to be played with friends, and if you don’t, it can be incredibly frustrating.